PDA

View Full Version : Huddersfield v Newcastle- not impressed at all

malwayne
20-08-2017, 03:40 PM
Not sure if I was watching a championship , league one or premiership game earlier. It was that hard to tell over the 90 mins. The only bright spot was Moody's well executed goal. Apart from that,Wagner's team did absolutely nothing. I feel being the new boys in this division is keeping the adrenaline flowing and even the most ardent of Terriers fans will be finding it hard to believe they have 6 points from 2 games. They did not produce very much against a Newcastle team sadly lacking in quality. Benitez seems to be disenchanted with his inability to sign players for one reason or another and from what I saw , they , like Huddersfield will struggle when the novelty of being in the premiership wears off soon. If the current Clarets team can not get a win from either of these two teams I'll be surprised.
One final comment on Mooy. I like him. He has a good engine , is a box to box player and is not afraid of trying to create an opportunity for a shot on goal. Sean - did you know about this player ?

Altobelli
20-08-2017, 03:48 PM
I watched the first 15 minutes of the game malwayne, then decided to do some work in the garden as it did not hold my attention, although I did see Moody's goal when I came in for a cuppa.

I feel this is Huddersfield's honeymoon period which will be over sooner than later.

As for Newcastle, my Brother in law is a Geordie and he is also not happy with things up there.

The Bedlington Terrier
20-08-2017, 05:48 PM
Give us a picture of your garden Alto. It sounds to be a belter. :D

Altobelli
20-08-2017, 06:35 PM
Its only small BT, I'd say about 60 foot long, but I spend at least a couple of thousand on plant's (mainly plug one's) every year, no produce except Mint, had it all paved around the lawn about 4 years ago with 3 high flower beds, its too overly crowded as when I see an established plant/bush/flower I like I just buy it, I don't know the names of all of the flowers Matron knows all that stuff I know what I like and just purchase it which drives her mad.

Spend hours in the wee small hours out there when its raining with me torch salting all the Slugs and Snails.

I'll put a few photos up later when I have time.