PDA

View Full Version : Positives from today

Zippity
20-08-2017, 06:23 PM
Ok, there's a lot of negative stuff flying around-and people are quite rightly worried but we're all supporters of this club and shouldn't let the negatives totally obscure any positives there are. Slim pickings, I know but...

Merino got another game under his belt to get his fitness and knowledge of this league further up to speed.
Joselu did pretty well when he came on by all accounts.
Mbemba getting game time can only be a good thing-I think a CB pairing of him and Lejeune could be pretty tasty.

Ok, I'm one step away from saying 'we didn't get hammered' so I'll leave it for you good folk to come up with some more. :D

toonlegend
20-08-2017, 06:31 PM
we are not in the relegation zone..... amazingly

shadowing last year's start :)

MidsMagpie
20-08-2017, 07:20 PM
Mbemba was quality and Joselu got into more of the game then Perez managed in 80 minutes

pboromag
20-08-2017, 07:26 PM
mbembu at left back

he is one of only 2 quality players we have

neither brought by rafa

MidsMagpie
20-08-2017, 09:15 PM
mbembu at left back

neither brought by rafa

Mbemba should be 1st choice CB and playing him at LB was crazy when you have Clark and Gamez available

Nufc24Mag
20-08-2017, 10:49 PM
mbembu at left back

neither brought by rafa

Who is the other??? Any ways the positive is the if this was under pardew we would of been beat 4-0 5-0 the football might not be great ATM but I'd much rather lose respectably not like under pardew I'm sure we suffered more 4-0 5-0 defeats in 4 years under pardew than we had in the previous 16-17 years

pboromag
21-08-2017, 06:41 AM
Who is the other??? Any ways the positive is the if this was under pardew we would of been beat 4-0 5-0 the football might not be great ATM but I'd much rather lose respectably not like under pardew I'm sure we suffered more 4-0 5-0 defeats in 4 years under pardew than we had in the previous 16-17 years

where the hell can you predict under Pardew what the score would be

what a joke you are
keep making predictions like that on an adults footy sight you might as well go back to reading match .

the other quality player we have

the goalie

the one rafa wants to replace

that makes sense

I have a limited budget

I'm well of in the goalie department

I have a goalie 4 prem clubs are chasing as well as two abroad

so I will buy another and push him out on loan just to make him feel wanted

great management that like

ex_pat_magpie
21-08-2017, 08:57 AM

what a joke you are
keep making predictions like that on an adults footy sight you might as well go back to reading match .

the goalie

that makes sense

I have a limited budget

So are you saying that you are privy to the discussions Rafa has had with ALL of the goalkeepers regarding the current position and the future plans for that position.

That doesn't come up on your computer games.

Also you have a good idea of what scores may have been under Pardew by looking at his horrific past records.

ghostrider
21-08-2017, 09:24 AM
Positives:
Manquillo can improve and be a good acquisition.
Merino clearly has quality and will definitely improve with game time and confidence.
Joselu actually looks like a striker with the chances that came his way and given the service and a partnership, I think he could flourish.
Him and Gayle could form a potent strike-force.

Mbemba is showing his quality and will be hard to shift if he keeps up his performances and possibly forming a cracking pairing with Lejeune whilst mixing it up with Clarke and Lascelles over the season to give us a decent strength in central defence.

There's a lot of positives to take from what we have and seeing as this is the positive thread, I'll leave it at that.

tinostongue
21-08-2017, 09:54 AM
Ive always believed Mbemba should be first choice cb,class. Joselu should start next match and Perez benched, he offers very little to nothing to the team. Its early days and I don't think we are far away from having a decent team/squad, another striker and left back would be good though.

pboromag
21-08-2017, 10:32 AM
So are you saying that you are privy to the discussions Rafa has had with ALL of the goalkeepers regarding the current position and the future plans for that position.

That doesn't come up on your computer games.

Also you have a good idea of what scores may have been under Pardew by looking at his horrific past records.

i know the conversation he had with woody

why are you being so impolite
i thought you were going to stop the sly little digs
but as i say you are not a man of honour or your word

i am fully aware of his poor record
it was me saying he was ****e before everyone else became ant pardew and thanked him for getting us into yurope

but how anyone can preidct with any accuracy what so ever what the score would have been under pardew is laughable
and the fact you need to even comment on it shows me you again are just trying to stir it

all i know is we have gone from beating them comfortably 1-3 to looking out classed out played and out fought

Zippity
21-08-2017, 10:58 AM
****'s sake, the two of you...take this ****e off the positives thread, man.

ronandtet
21-08-2017, 11:13 AM

what a joke you are

the goalie

that makes sense

I have a limited budget

interesting that their goal was virtually a carbon copy of ritchies attempt the only difference was their goalie saved ritchies attempt

pboromag
21-08-2017, 02:24 PM
interesting that their goal was virtually a carbon copy of ritchies attempt the only difference was their goalie saved ritchies attempt

elliot made a few good saves against spuds and is highly rated by his old coach

im not saying he is a worldie
but we dont have any of them

rafa cant manage top class players any more
hence why ronalhdo and the boys ran him out

TheOtherTerryMac
21-08-2017, 03:51 PM
I really can't see what Perez brings to the team