20-08-2017, 07:08 PM
1 thinks Ashley is a saint
2 constantly slates our players calling them sh*t
3 constantly slating the best manager we have had since sir bobby
4 constantly slating the fans
5 is doing my f*cking head in

Zippity
20-08-2017, 07:14 PM
I get the feeling he may not have renewed his Rafa Fanclub subscription either...

pboromag
20-08-2017, 07:15 PM
1 thinks Ashley is a saint
2 constantly slates our players calling them sh*t
3 constantly slating the best manager we have had since sir bobby
4 constantly slating the fans
5 is doing my f*cking head in

ah didums

so you thik our players are great ??

why is he the best manager since sir bobby
he aint as good as chris let alone sir bobby

yep the fans that constantly sing a managers name who plays such boring footy

im glad im doing your head in

just in case you havent noticed a lot are having a go at rafas tactics selection and subs

just like they did with pardew etc etc

Nufc24Mag
20-08-2017, 07:28 PM
ah didums

so you thik our players are great ??

why is he the best manager since sir bobby
he aint as good as chris let alone sir bobby

yep the fans that constantly sing a managers name who plays such boring footy

im glad im doing your head in

just in case you havent noticed a lot are having a go at rafas tactics selection and subs

just like they did with pardew etc etc

I didn't say they were great but I rather ask u the question why do we have these players? Bc ash won't buy players who cost over £12m
Pardew is a loser who was nothing more than a puppet for Ashley

pboromag
20-08-2017, 07:36 PM
I didn't say they were great but I rather ask u the question why do we have these players? Bc ash won't buy players who cost over £12m
Pardew is a loser who was nothing more than a puppet for Ashley

because rafa signed them

they are his players
it doesnt matter what you pay for them if yu decide to buy them you need to get something from them
and he clearly isnt
even the ones he brought last year

Nufc24Mag
20-08-2017, 07:42 PM
because rafa signed them

they are his players
it doesnt matter what you pay for them if yu decide to buy them you need to get something from them
and he clearly isnt
even the ones he brought last year

But they aren't his 1st 2nd 3rd they are his 4th 5th ash won't give him funds to spend to get his first or second choice

pboromag
20-08-2017, 07:47 PM
But they aren't his 1st 2nd 3rd they are his 4th 5th ash won't give him funds to spend to get his first or second choice

even the players from last season aint performing

and they were his first choice

not one player except maybe mbemba has shown any improvment
when you have a manager constantly sitting in frot of cameras whinging instead of steadying a ship things will soon go down

his players his team his selection his tactics
his subs

huddersfield have shown a huge improvment form last season under their manager
even the players from last season

not ours

Nufc24Mag
20-08-2017, 07:53 PM
even the players from last season aint performing

and they were his first choice

not one player except maybe mbemba has shown any improvment
when you have a manager constantly sitting in frot of cameras whinging instead of steadying a ship things will soon go down

his players his team his selection his tactics
his subs

huddersfield have shown a huge improvment form last season under their manager
even the players from last season

not ours

It's 2 games if after 6-10 games we are still playing like this then nobody would disagree if u said players are sh*te Rafa should go etc

The thing I hate is people who think Ashley isn't to blame when he is and 90% of our fans blame him bc he is the reason we never improve season on season,

He has these 5 year plans I think someone forgot to tell him we are supposed to get better not get worse.

jacapus
20-08-2017, 09:32 PM
It's 2 games if after 6-10 games we are still playing like this then nobody would disagree if u said players are sh*te Rafa should go etc

The thing I hate is people who think Ashley isn't to blame when he is and 90% of our fans blame him bc he is the reason we never improve season on season,

He has these 5 year plans I think someone forgot to tell him we are supposed to get better not get worse.
Of course Ashley is SOLELY to blame.He has reneged on promises yet again at a time when he should be investing in the club. For Pboro's info we have spent £20m LESS than Huddersfield - yes Huddersfield who have on average 27,000 less supporters at every home game.Says it all !

ex_pat_magpie
20-08-2017, 09:40 PM
Of course Ashley is SOLELY to blame.He has reneged on promises yet again at a time when he should be investing in the club. For Pboro's info we have spent £20m LESS than Huddersfield - yes Huddersfield who have on average 27,000 less supporters at every home game.Says it all !

You are knocking your head against a brick wall if you expect Pboro to understand that. He's just sitting back there lapping up all of the attention.

Nufc24Mag
20-08-2017, 10:45 PM

They don't have the £30m profit from last season either, pboro idk why he thinks Ashley is a saint bc he isn't and just c*cks one thing up after another

Nufc24Mag
20-08-2017, 10:45 PM
They don't have the £30m profit from last season either, pboro idk why he thinks Ashley is a saint bc he isn't and just c*cks one thing up after another

And it's us fans who have to suffer for his total c*ck ups

Geordie_Jacko
21-08-2017, 05:59 AM
Yeah this pboro seem to have a complete different perspective than any other fan bit strange . His hatred for Rafa and love for Ash is another thing I can't get my head round. Constantly stating how its Rafas team and he's signed the players. He had to sign the players you fcking moron either that or sign nothing at all because 'Ashley' won't pay for better. Rafa wanted Tammy Abraham up front after an impressive u21 campaign. He's ended with a 5mil player who couldn't get in Stokes team. So when he bleats on about how it's Rafas team he needs to look at the bigger picture.

ghostrider
21-08-2017, 06:28 AM
Pboro is allowed his opinion and a lot of what he says isn't actually too far from the more reasonable.
He's not licking Ashley's dish he's merely saying that Rafa is making excuses and whining, which he is.
It doesn't make him a bad manager or anything but it also doesn't endear him to some fans who would rather see him turn what HE buys into a unit that actually plays football in a way the fans can relate to.
This means that he can't just keep playing negative football all the time and must use the players he bought in the positions he bought them for, which is not all defensive.

I'm not asking him to go gung ho but I know he's bought some decent players with an ability to have a go at the other end a lot more than they dare seem to.

Pboro, like myself and a few others are controversial.
If people don't like that sort of thing then use your ignore button and stop whining about it.
Just because you follow mass opinion does not make what you say any more valid. It just makes it more acceptable to those who would rather follow that mindset than use their own minds and be controversial.

Putting up topics wanting a valued poster gone is a piss take.
Rafa Benitez is not beyond being dug at, just like Ashley and co.

Ashley's told people the score and he's also let it be known that Charnley takes the orders from Rafa in terms of the footballing side.
This means that Rafa is buying the players whether people think they're his 3rd 4th 5th or so called 6th choice of player.
I'd love to know what his first and second choices were then and for what cost and wages, considering we are premier league new boys.

There's no smoke without fire and Rafa is clever enough to get on with it and take his own risks, instead of being too careful all the time.
I've no doubt he will do a decent enough job this season with what he has and gets in but he needs to allow his players to play.

pboromag
21-08-2017, 06:33 AM
Yeah this pboro seem to have a complete different perspective than any other fan bit strange . His hatred for Rafa and love for Ash is another thing I can't get my head round. Constantly stating how its Rafas team and he's signed the players. He had to sign the players you fcking moron either that or sign nothing at all because 'Ashley' won't pay for better. Rafa wanted Tammy Abraham up front after an impressive u21 campaign. He's ended with a 5mil player who couldn't get in Stokes team. So when he bleats on about how it's Rafas team he needs to look at the bigger picture.

no he didn't have to sign them
if he was to sign just two quality players we would be in a far better position than we are now

he hasn't improved the squad

if he cant shift out the dead wood then keep them as back uop but add quality

why pay what he did for murphy and not play him

two 15 mill players would be a lot better to us than 4-5 no better than we have or had players

that is called squad building

he wanted Abrahams on loan and would he have played him
nope as he doesn't play two up front which is probably one of the reasons he didn't come here

so why not sellmistetrick who he obviously doesn't rate or want and buy a good forward

he persued the lad from stoke he chased him for weeks
and to be fare he looked half decent when he came on

if rafa did his job and shifted the likes of mistertrick de jong krul and the 4 others he has said go he would have a kitty of about 35-45 mill plus the wages enough to buy a further 3 quality players

but he doesn't

his fault no one elses

ghostrider
21-08-2017, 06:38 AM
People have a right to argue points but you have to admit that pboro brings up some very pertinent points.

Southerntoon75
21-08-2017, 07:35 AM
People have a right to argue points but you have to admit that pboro brings up some very pertinent points.

Yeah 1 in about 20 posts. More often than not it's bull****e. Just moaning and slating everything

sherwoodmag
21-08-2017, 07:39 AM
Rafa names the players he wants and the players he wants to sell,like ALL clubs it's the admin side led by Charnley that do the early negotiations.A manager may talk to a player after fees have been agreed between clubs to try and persuade a player to sign but the manager does not get involved in the financial negotiations,in our case that is Charnley.

ghostrider
21-08-2017, 07:41 AM
Yeah 1 in about 20 posts. More often than not it's bull****e. Just moaning and slating everything

That's what creates debates and controversial chat.
Too many people spend too much of their time moaning and hating pboro rather than addressing posts or ignoring what they don't like.
Nobody is forced to take him on and nobody is forced to agree with his stance, just as he is not obliged to agree with anyone else's stance.

Southerntoon75
21-08-2017, 07:45 AM
That's what creates debates and controversial chat.
Too many people spend too much of their time moaning and hating pboro rather than addressing posts or ignoring what they don't like.
Nobody is forced to take him on and nobody is forced to agree with his stance, just as he is not obliged to agree with anyone else's stance.

True but it's the same crap, I hate Rafa, our players are ****e. I hate Rafa, our players ****e. That debate has been had hundreds of times with him on this board. You can't spout the same thing over and over again and claim that to be debating

ex_pat_magpie
21-08-2017, 07:47 AM

Do you mean like his suggestion that we sign the likes of Hernandez, Giroud and Siggurdson.

Now come on Pboro and Ghost. How much in transfer fees and wages would those three cost? Honest answers please.

ex_pat_magpie
21-08-2017, 07:49 AM
Rafa names the players he wants and the players he wants to sell,like ALL clubs it's the admin side led by Charnley that do the early negotiations.A manager may talk to a player after fees have been agreed between clubs to try and persuade a player to sign but the manager does not get involved in the financial negotiations,in our case that is Charnley.

Try telling that to Pboro. He simply doesn't understand. It's too simple and naive for him to say to say It's all Rafa's fault. :?

pboromag
21-08-2017, 07:53 AM
True but it's the same crap, I hate Rafa, our players are ****e. I hate Rafa, our players ****e. That debate has been had hundreds of times with him on this board. You can't spout the same thing over and over again and claim that to be debating

he has brought those players

the crop he has brought currently are crap

I know its only two games
but he pays 12 mill for murphy and sits hm on the bench yet plays perez who he didn't want to play last season

with 80 minutes hgone he brings on two subs neither a goal scorer and we are loosing the game

why not gamble and play 2 up front

do something different

if that had been Pardew or fat sam players would say he is being negative

our players are crap
he hasn't improved any of them
infact their demeanour yesterday says to me they are sick of his whinging

or in fact what he is trying to do

Southerntoon75
21-08-2017, 07:53 AM
Do you mean like his suggestion that we sign the likes of Hernandez, Giroud and Siggurdson.

Now come on Pboro and Ghost. How much in transfer fees and wages would those three cost? Honest answers please.

Hernandez was £16mil, Giroud apparently £25 mil and Siggurdson £45mil so that would be £86 million for this three

Salaries £140,000, £100,000 and

Southerntoon75
21-08-2017, 07:55 AM
Hernandez was £16mil, Giroud apparently £25 mil and Siggurdson £45mil so that would be £86 million for this three

Siggurdson £120,000 so another £370,000 a week there on salaries

So basically no chance whatsoever. You'll get a response that that is Rafas fault too

Southerntoon75
21-08-2017, 07:59 AM
he has brought those players

the crop he has brought currently are crap

I know its only two games
but he pays 12 mill for murphy and sits hm on the bench yet plays perez who he didn't want to play last season

with 80 minutes hgone he brings on two subs neither a goal scorer and we are loosing the game

why not gamble and play 2 up front

do something different

if that had been Pardew or fat sam players would say he is being negative

our players are crap
he hasn't improved any of them
infact their demeanour yesterday says to me they are sick of his whinging

or in fact what he is trying to do

At the start of the match my first thought was we were missing 3 of our first choice back four and the most creative player we have (due to him being a thick **** the week before)

Do you think Huddersfield would have played the same if they had to replace those four positions?

ghostrider
21-08-2017, 08:20 AM

Yeah but he's not always saying stuff like that. He's calling it how he sees it and it doesn't sit well with fans who don't see it in the same way.
Of course he says some stuff to wind up and what not but he more often than not makes it blatantly clear that he's doing it.
In this case he's merely saying that Rafa is negative and moaning and the truth is, he is.

He's not saying he hates him, he's basically saying he needs to shape up or ship out.
If Pardew was doing this, his head would be called for.
If most managers done this, it would be the same.

In Rafa we trust seems to be the order of the day, because we've been starved of a manager with a quality rep.
Fans take to Rafa because of what's said about him and what he's achieved in the past or how he's looked on as a top manager.

I like Rafa. I want Rafa to do well and win us something or die trying kind of thing.
What I don't want is for Rafa to build a team solely to play on the back foot for three quarters of the game whilst trying to play some kind of careful defensive system that we are clearly not geared for, yet appear to be set up to be that.

His goal is to avoid relegation this season. His bigger goal is to then finish as high as he can in doing that.
To do this you have to score goals and score more than the opposition.
You won't do much of that by playing negative football when you have the players capable of doing the opposite.

There has to be a balance and he needs to be doing that from the off, because the sooner he gets points on the board, the less stressful it becomes to reach a target.

I'm not interested in his attention to detail with the players, or his knowledge on how much paprika goes into a paella, or picking out flaws in films that other people miss.
I'm interested in having a team that is balanced and able to excite me by scoring more goals than the opposition.

ghostrider
21-08-2017, 08:25 AM

I said he brings up some pertinent points. I didn't say I agree with them all.
I'd have loved Hernandez and even Giroud and Siggardson but the transfer market has went beserk and not to mention their wages would eclipse our highest earner by nearly double.

We can't compete on that level as of yet or if ever under Ashley's stance on a club running from within.
To be fair, no club could sustain that from within.

ex_pat_magpie
21-08-2017, 08:28 AM
I said he brings up some pertinent points. I didn't say I agree with them all.
I'd have loved Hernandez and even Giroud and Siggardson but the transfer market has went beserk and not to mention their wages would eclipse our highest earner by nearly double.

We can't compete on that level as of yet or if ever under Ashley's stance on a club running from within.
To be fair, no club could sustain that from within.

But a few days ago Pboro thought we could.

How sensible and rational is that?

ghostrider
21-08-2017, 09:15 AM
But a few days ago Pboro thought we could.

How sensible and rational is that?

Bring up where he said what you are implying, just so I can see what you're talking about.

Southerntoon75
21-08-2017, 09:26 AM
Bring up where he said what you are implying, just so I can see what you're talking about.

It was a couple of weeks ago, before Hernandez joined West Ham. Everyone else on here was saying that we couldn't afford them and why would they join us in the first place when we've just been promoted

sherwoodmag
21-08-2017, 09:33 AM
P/borough says Rafas players he bought last year have not done it for him.Goals from Gayle and Ritchie among others have just got us promoted ffs.

toptoon
21-08-2017, 09:51 AM
Yeah but he's not always saying stuff like that. He's calling it how he sees it and it doesn't sit well with fans who don't see it in the same way.
Of course he says some stuff to wind up and what not but he more often than not makes it blatantly clear that he's doing it.
In this case he's merely saying that Rafa is negative and moaning and the truth is, he is.

He's not saying he hates him, he's basically saying he needs to shape up or ship out.
If Pardew was doing this, his head would be called for.
If most managers done this, it would be the same.

In Rafa we trust seems to be the order of the day, because we've been starved of a manager with a quality rep.
Fans take to Rafa because of what's said about him and what he's achieved in the past or how he's looked on as a top manager.

I like Rafa. I want Rafa to do well and win us something or die trying kind of thing.
What I don't want is for Rafa to build a team solely to play on the back foot for three quarters of the game whilst trying to play some kind of careful defensive system that we are clearly not geared for, yet appear to be set up to be that.

His goal is to avoid relegation this season. His bigger goal is to then finish as high as he can in doing that.
To do this you have to score goals and score more than the opposition.
You won't do much of that by playing negative football when you have the players capable of doing the opposite.

There has to be a balance and he needs to be doing that from the off, because the sooner he gets points on the board, the less stressful it becomes to reach a target.

I'm not interested in his attention to detail with the players, or his knowledge on how much paprika goes into a paella, or picking out flaws in films that other people miss.
I'm interested in having a team that is balanced and able to excite me by scoring more goals than the opposition.

In fact he is always saying things like that. Any chance to sling mud at the club, manager team or region. Constant negativity even throughout last season. Do you actually read his posts? I can see why people think he´s a Mackem - he´s certainly not a supporter.

I got bored with it months back.

Southerntoon75
21-08-2017, 09:55 AM
In fact he is always saying things like that. Any chance to sling mud at the club, manager team or region. Constant negativity even throughout last season. Do you actually read his posts? I can see why people think he´s a Mackem - he´s certainly not a supporter.

Agreed. Probably the reason not as many people post on here anymore

ghostrider
21-08-2017, 10:00 AM
It was a couple of weeks ago, before Hernandez joined West Ham. Everyone else on here was saying that we couldn't afford them and why would they join us in the first place when we've just been promoted

Can you bring up exactly what pboro said in terms of a quote?

ghostrider
21-08-2017, 10:12 AM

He's pushing controversy to create debate, whether it's enjoyed, hated, disagreed with or whatever.
He also winds people up but makes it blatantly obvious on many occasions, yet some posters have their hate pboro glasses on and cannot see it for what it is.

He also posts some very true points on many occasions and yes I do read his posts.
According to some, I am him...but that's irrelevant.

He's not always right and some thing's he says, I argue or simply disagree with.
Most, if not all of us are like that but the issue is simple.
When a prolific poster like pboro posts, his posts stand out by size and/or regularity which fades other smaller posts into the background.

It basically marks him out as a prime target for posters to latch on and see his negative comments as all being a wind up, when the truth is a bit more different for those that take their time to see his posts for what they portray in their entirety rather than snippets taken to show a bad light.

Do you seriously think pboro would spend his hard earned cash watching Newcastle United if he didn't have any allegiance to the club?
To call him a mackem is simply an attack mechanism for those that can't get at him by other means.
Basically a weak as piss comeback.

ghostrider
21-08-2017, 10:13 AM
Agreed. Probably the reason not as many people post on here anymore

There's more people posting on here than there was not too long ago.
You have 128 posts in 7 years. Is that down to pboro or something else?

Southerntoon75
21-08-2017, 10:22 AM

I joined in 2010 to look at people's views, transfer rumours etc. I started posting recently because Pboro postings riled me so started posting (the first time on any forum) and already bored to tears with it. What are you his carer?

pboromag
21-08-2017, 10:25 AM

it was a suggestion a positive one at that

we currently have over 350k a week sitting on the bench or not wanted on wages alone

i wasnt the only one that said the wouldnt mind siggurdson or indeed the other players

and i never said we would get all 3
but say we got hernandez for only 4 mill more than we paid for murphy who rafa seems to want to sit on the bench

giroud 20-25 mill and sold the likes of mistertrick,de jong krull etc etc that would get us that money and more and his wages would be covered with theirs

why cant that be achieved

this is what ash meant when he said all money generated

fget the players he obviously doesnt want
mistertrick,colback,krull,perez,de jong and many others and he would have a decent war chest but he says more interested in moaning about lack of signings instead of him doing his bit and getting players out

pboromag
21-08-2017, 10:27 AM

im glad i get these posters back
how sad are they that someone with a differing opinion makes them post on a footy forum

ex_pat_magpie
21-08-2017, 10:33 AM

Like below when Milan spent more than £150 million he states if we spent half that ( £75million) on 4 to 5 players. Do you both want to give Ashley a heart attack by spending £75million

Below is from 20/07/17

Hall Of Fame
just look at the players milan have accumulated for 150 mill and the anount

if we spent half that and got 4-5 of the quality they have we would be well placed

its just looking in the right places and having the pulling power

there is loads out there

ghostrider
21-08-2017, 10:33 AM
I joined in 2010 to look at people's views, transfer rumours etc. I started posting recently because Pboro postings riled me so started posting (the first time on any forum) and already bored to tears with it. What are you his carer?

So you started posting because of pboro and suddenly got bored of him even though you could have simply got bored whilst not joining.
What a complete and utter load of garbage mate.
Don't get me wrong, I'm happy for you to post and will argue any point with you, but I'm not having that clap trap you've just made up for whatever reason.
If you're looking for pats on the back, then get a back patting machine.

It might appear that I'm having a right go at you in a bad way. I'm not. I am having a right go at you but just to tell you that you're simply jumping on a bandwagon to gain NUFC mad gold stars and a chance to enter the NUFC mad poster of the year competition that is never ever run on here and is simply made up by me, for no real reason.

ghostrider
21-08-2017, 10:36 AM
Like below when Milan spent more than £150 million he states if we spent half that ( £75million) on 4 to 5 players. Do you both want to give Ashley a heart attack by spending £75million

Below is from 20/07/17

Hall Of Fame
just look at the players milan have accumulated for 150 mill and the anount

if we spent half that and got 4-5 of the quality they have we would be well placed

its just looking in the right places and having the pulling power

there is loads out there

So what's wrong with that?
I'm not sure what the beef is.

Southerntoon75
21-08-2017, 10:38 AM
So you started posting because of pboro and suddenly got bored of him even though you could have simply got bored whilst not joining.
What a complete and utter load of garbage mate.
Don't get me wrong, I'm happy for you to post and will argue any point with you, but I'm not having that clap trap you've just made up for whatever reason.
If you're looking for pats on the back, then get a bach patting machine.

It might appear that I'm having a right go at you in a bad way. I'm not. I am having a right go at you but just to tell you that you're simply jumping on a bandwagon to gain NUFC mad gold stars and a chance to enter the NUFC mad poster of the year competition that is never ever run on here and is simply made up by me, for no real reason.

*******s. Forget it I have better things to do with my time than to read the same **** he posts anyway

ghostrider
21-08-2017, 10:42 AM
*******s. Forget it I have better things to do with my time than to read the same **** he posts anyway

Chill out mate I'm just having a bit of a carry on. I have no issue with you, seriously.
All I'm saying is, pboro is a good poster and a prolific one.
His posts will never be everyone's cup of tea but if you read them with a singular neutral mind then you'll find that you can get all kinds of stuff from them, from laughs to nods to head shakes... in fact every type of thought process.

He's interesting and keeps the board ticking along, along with the rest on here...including yourself.

Take a different stance on it all and you might actually get the gist of it all.

Davearmy
21-08-2017, 10:59 AM
The ignore list works wonders but it's just a shame i have to see his attention seeking sh!te posts before i log into my account.

ghostrider
21-08-2017, 11:03 AM
The ignore list works wonders but it's just a shame i have to see his attention seeking sh!te posts before i log into my account.

No you don't. You have a choice to log in and then start to look at posts.
You probably don't even have him on ignore.

Davearmy
21-08-2017, 11:05 AM
No you don't. You have a choice to log in and then start to look at posts.
You probably don't even have him on ignore.

First of all if i choose not to log into my account and just decide to view a few peoples threads any posts he decides to join and ruin i can see and secondly yes he is on my ignore list so shut ya sh!t and get your tongue out his arse. if you've got nowt decent to say about my post don't say anything at all you bellend.

Zippity
21-08-2017, 11:07 AM
Hang on, hang on....there are NewcastleMad gold stars to be won.....

http://i1265.photobucket.com/albums/jj519/zippity67/swoon_zps5wiucocr.gif (http://s1265.photobucket.com/user/zippity67/media/swoon_zps5wiucocr.gif.html)

ghostrider
21-08-2017, 11:12 AM
First of all if i choose not to log into my account and just decide to view a few peoples threads any posts he decides to join and ruin i can see and secondly yes he is on my ignore list so shut ya sh!t and get your tongue out his arse. if you've got nowt decent to say about my post don't say anything at all you bellend.

Stop making up crap.
You have not got him on ignore.
As for me having my tongue up his aris, I think a little help for him (not that he requires it)against people like yourself is much better than him having to constantly take digs left right and centre by weaklings like yourself who hold a hatred for him and prefer to moan and whine about him and to him rather than argue a point with him.

People like you sicken me to be fair, but then again that's not to say you're not entitled to carry on as you want to.
Just don't expect everyone to stroke your hair from behind as you spew your weak as piss garbage.

ghostrider
21-08-2017, 11:13 AM
Hang on, hang on....there are NewcastleMad gold stars to be won.....

http://i1265.photobucket.com/albums/jj519/zippity67/swoon_zps5wiucocr.gif (http://s1265.photobucket.com/user/zippity67/media/swoon_zps5wiucocr.gif.html)

:D

Davearmy
21-08-2017, 11:16 AM
Stop making up crap.
As for me having my tongue up his aris, I think a little help for him (not that he requires it)against people like yourself is much better than him having to constantly take digs left right and centre by weaklings like yourself who hold a hatred for him and prefer to moan and whine about him and to him rather than argue a point with him.

People like you sicken me to be fair, but then again that's not to say you're not entitled to carry on as you want to.
Just don't expect everyone to stroke your hair from behind as you spew your weak as piss garbage.

Tell you what you little reject you can join him on the ignore list because your just as much of an attention seeking bellend as he is. not gonna waste anymore time giving you attention because the fact of the matter is your a little internet pleb who wouldn't have the sack to say any of this to a person in real life because you would end up flat on your arse little boy.

Now be gone and get on the ignore list with ya boyfriend.

ghostrider
21-08-2017, 11:21 AM
Tell you what you little reject you can join him on the ignore list because your just as much of an attention seeking bellend as he is. not gonna waste anymore time giving you attention because the fact of the matter is your a little internet pleb who wouldn't have the sack to say any of this to a person in real life because you would end up flat on your arse little boy.

Now be gone and get on the ignore list with ya boyfriend.

Exactly the nasty git I took you for. It's weird how sometimes you can get a picture of someone.
You rarely talked to me anyway so you're hardly going to be a miss.
I'm 100% sure you won't use your ignore button. You're too nosey to go with your bad temperedness.

I don't expect a reply Mr nasty pasty who seems to be fine giving it but reels back in shock when called on it.

The little boy bit was funny. :D

ex_pat_magpie
21-08-2017, 11:27 AM
So what's wrong with that?
I'm not sure what the beef is.

What's wrong.

1) Is Ashley going to stump up £75 million. Not on your Nelly.

2) Is Ashley going to sanction almost £20 million on each of 4 players. Never.

3) How much in wages would Ashley be prepared to pay players in that price bracket. Not enough to get them over the line. and that's why they will go elsewhere.

Why do you think Rafa can't get his 2nd and 3rd choices in never mind his first choices.

Don't blame Rafa. Blame Ashley and Charnley. Charnley should have had at least a half dozen more out to make space for incoming wages in the first two weeks of the window.

It's just infantile to blame Rafa for the mistakes those two amateurs have made.

ghostrider
21-08-2017, 11:32 AM
What's wrong.

3) How much in wages would Ashley be prepared to pay players in that price bracket. Not enough to get them over the line. and that's why they will go elsewhere.

Why do you think Rafa can't get his 2nd and 3rd choices in never mind his first choices.

Don't blame Rafa. Blame Ashley and Charnley. Charnley should have had at least a half dozen more out to make space for incoming wages in the first two weeks of the window.

It's just infantile to blame Rafa for the mistakes those two amateurs have made.

Nobody's blaming Rafa for the past mistakes made by the hierarchy.
I think the argument is that Rafa seems to have been promised every last penny that the CLUB generates as a profit.
pboro also said that we have players on a wage bill and transfer fees that COULD be added up to cater for the purchases of players like these.

I don't see the issue with you.

ex_pat_magpie
21-08-2017, 11:42 AM
Nobody's blaming Rafa for the past mistakes made by the hierarchy.
I think the argument is that Rafa seems to have been promised every last penny that the CLUB generates as a profit.
pboro also said that we have players on a wage bill and transfer fees that COULD be added up to cater for the purchases of players like these.

I don't see the issue with you.

Pboro is blaming Rafa for all the past mistakes which has lumbered us with almost a full team of unwanted players we can't shift because Ashley/Charnley had them on cushy contracts and wages before Rafa came.

Pboro's not going to commit himself to giving us a list of saleable assets which will produce £75 million in spending funds and release the amount of wages to pay four £20 million purchases. There just aren't any. Even in fantasy world.

Pboro never follows up his statements with rational thought out argument or indeed facts.

I'm very surprised you have elected yourself to be such a dedicated nursemaid to him. I really think he needs another sort.

ranat22
21-08-2017, 12:40 PM
Stop making up crap.

calm doon man pboro/wilf/goatrider,ya divvent want to get yerself wound up and banned,look what happend last time,plus there is nee mackems left on safcfooty mad to go crying and ar'se licking too :D:D

first rule of bite club.....................dont bite!

ghostrider
21-08-2017, 01:41 PM
Pboro is blaming Rafa for all the past mistakes which has lumbered us with almost a full team of unwanted players we can't shift because Ashley/Charnley had them on cushy contracts and wages before Rafa came.

Pboro's not going to commit himself to giving us a list of saleable assets which will produce £75 million in spending funds and release the amount of wages to pay four £20 million purchases. There just aren't any. Even in fantasy world.

Pboro never follows up his statements with rational thought out argument or indeed facts.

I'm very surprised you have elected yourself to be such a dedicated nursemaid to him. I really think he needs another sort.

If you don't agree with pboro then you don't agree. No issues.
I don't agree with everything he says. No issues.

As for being a nursemaid. I hope you're not picturing me in funny gear. :P

ghostrider
21-08-2017, 01:43 PM
calm doon man pboro/wilf/goatrider,ya divvent want to get yerself wound up and banned,look what happend last time,plus there is nee mackems left on safcfooty mad to go crying and ar'se licking too :D:D

first rule of bite club.....................dont bite!

I'm just nibbling my teething ring. Chill out kid.

pboromag
21-08-2017, 02:18 PM
What's wrong.

i hvent said ash would stump up 75 mill

but with what we have spent and selling the likes of krul ,de jong ,mistertrick ,colback perez,and with what we have left to spend i cant see why we wouldnt have 70 mill plus to spend

the truth is rafa doesnt know what he does and doesnt want
he spent 12 mill on murphy and doesnt play him
so we need to find 63 mill from somewhere
what have we spent so far 30 mill ??what do we have left who knows
how much would we get for those players mentioned plus there are the likes of saivet lazares what ever his name is
why kee[p jesus he doesnt play him

so with what we have left and what we could generate 45 mill oesnt seem a lot or unreasoable
the truth is rafa doesnt hacve the contacts
or the pulling power

and dint they get 10 players plus for their money

if we got 3 it would be better than the dross he has signed and doesnt play

Cannylad
21-08-2017, 03:14 PM
I see school is out early again...... :zzz:

ex_pat_magpie
21-08-2017, 03:34 PM
i hvent said ash would stump up 75 mill

but with what we have spent and selling the likes of krul ,de jong ,mistertrick ,colback perez,and with what we have left to spend i cant see why we wouldnt have 70 mill plus to spend

the truth is rafa doesnt know what he does and doesnt want
he spent 12 mill on murphy and doesnt play him
so we need to find 63 mill from somewhere
what have we spent so far 30 mill ??what do we have left who knows
how much would we get for those players mentioned plus there are the likes of saivet lazares what ever his name is
why kee[p jesus he doesnt play him

so with what we have left and what we could generate 45 mill oesnt seem a lot or unreasoable
the truth is rafa doesnt hacve the contacts
or the pulling power

and dint they get 10 players plus for their money

if we got 3 it would be better than the dross he has signed and doesnt play

So who is going to take the likes of likes of krul ,de jong ,mistertrick ,colback perez and equal the wages and contracts they were on and how much do you think they would all go for. They aren't going to go for a drop in wages otherwise they would be away already for first team football.

Not much more than peanuts.So how are you going to fund £75 million?

TheOtherTerryMac
21-08-2017, 03:44 PM
None of our players available will move anywhere else fir a drop in wages.

People calling them mercenaries want to give their heads a shake. Football is short term employment and you can not blame players not wanting a move away to another club on half of their current wages

Ashley thought he was being clever giving them good wages on 5 year contracts. He does this just in case they turn out to be really decent so he has a good bargain chip for upping the transfer fee

Unfortunately this has backfired big time on him and the clown puppet Charnley.

Zippity
21-08-2017, 04:00 PM
I think the term 'mercenaries' fits them perfectly to be honest, Terry. I'm not even saying that I wouldn't do the same myself but if anything, saying they wouldn't go to ply their trade-and that's what it is, a trade-somewhere else for a drop in wages makes them mercenaries. And in truth i don't think you can liken it to any of us in our normal jobs, specifically because of the obscene wages they command.

For example, Riviere is on a reported £40 000 a week. You say it's a short career, well let's look at that as a comparison. The average wage isn't 40 grand but we'll use that as well as a benchmark of 40 years for the length of someone's working life. If he 'works' for 40 weeks then he's earned as much as the 'average' worker will in a lifetime of work. Add to that the various bonuses involved in being a footballer-from win/goal bonuses (yeah, I know he won't be getting much of either at the minute-be quiet at the back!) and the fact that he has access to the best medical, nutritional and physical facilities -all of which would cost several thousands per year for the rest of us-and you'll excuse me for not siding with someone who's so lost sight of reality that they'd rather suck the money out of a club by sitting on their arses than go and earn a wee bit less but get to do their job.

Nephy
21-08-2017, 04:31 PM
Footballers and other sports stars are grossly overpaid as far as I'm concerned, but to be fair it's not their fault that a combination of billionaires and Sky have made it all about money.

Can any of us honestly say that if we were a professional footballer, we'd move to another club and drop from, say, £80K to £40K a week just for the possibility of first team football? For me the only exception might be if I was warming any other PL team's bench and Newcastle offered me first team football for a small drop in wages... I'd go for that, but otherwise what motivation is there? Think about the job you do currently. If another company offered you a similar role with a bit more responsibility each week and less wages, what would you do? You'd turn them down, of course.

If a player leaves for another club they're often accused of disloyalty, and if they don't leave and aren't getting a game despite training professionally like everyone else they're accused of staying for the wages. Most footballers are just young guys with not much about them beyond their work ethic and ability to kick a ball, so you can't blame them for wanting to maximise their earnings during their peak years, even at the expense of not getting a runout for 90 mins each week. We the fans are passionate and want players to be loyal, but to them it's their job. Anyone who thinks football is all about passion and loyalty needs to take off their rose tinted specs and have an objective look at the game - it's not been that way in my lifetime.

As for pboro, on the downside I find his posts incredibly hard to read due to the abysmal typing, grammar and spelling, often with completely different words than intended (autocorrect?). I for one would appreciate it if you took 30 seconds extra to type a bit more coherently. I tend to fundamentally disagree with most of what he says and his default position is mostly one step away from outright trolling. However, this is a discussion board and his posts certainly do provoke some lively debate. Then again, the petty personal conflicts that frequently ensue do get tiresome and I find I need to take a few weeks off from visiting this site occasionally because of that...

pboromag
21-08-2017, 06:59 PM
So who is going to take the likes of likes of krul ,de jong ,mistertrick ,colback perez and equal the wages and contracts they were on and how much do you think they would all go for. They aren't going to go for a drop in wages otherwise they would be away already for first team football.

Not much more than peanuts.So how are you going to fund £75 million?

its a pity you cant read through those hate filled eyes

we have spent 30 mill so that leaves 45 mill

are you keeping up

we have some left as rafa says we are still chasing players

still with me

i say we dont know how much that is
it might be 15-20 mill

so thats possibly 45 -50 mill

we now sell the mentioned payers plus a few more i have since thought of and im sure eben selling bellow market value we could make another 25 mill lus

75 million pounds

now if we had done that before we started buying rafas dross that he doesnt even start and keeps picking players he says have no future
then im sure we would be better than we are at the moment

meanwhile we have a whinging spaniard who is a dinosaur when it comes to tactice managing the majority of players he has brought who are going backwards in terms of development

would i want to give rafa 75 mill

not if his players are anything to go by

he cant manage the big players now adays

he was out thought out played and out witted by the huddersfield manager
who has moved his team on whilst keeping his own peace

whilst rafa whinges to anyone who holds a mike in his face

ex_pat_magpie
21-08-2017, 07:24 PM
All pie in the sky I'm afraid as we will all see when the window closes.

Still with me. Or are you still in dreamworld.

pboromag
22-08-2017, 07:25 AM
All pie in the sky I'm afraid as we will all see when the window closes.

Still with me. Or are you still in dreamworld.

it is now as he has wasted 30 million

half the budget

why the hell he got rid of carr before he had any scouting network in place is beside me

I wouldn't have kept carr long term .

but I certainly wouldn't have got rid of him in the first window of a premiere league season

and be looking under any stone or in any crack for a Spanish nevre been one of his mates told him about

we are paying carr anyway
so have him in the camp using his experience and contacts shifting players out informing rafa of possible players out of or with contract buy outs etc
then when you have your own network get rid

Zippity
22-08-2017, 07:35 AM
You can't say he's wasted £30 million just because you don't like the fella.

Murphy-exciting prospect, we paid the going rate. Just because he hasn't started him doesn't mean he's a waste of money

Lejeune-very good in pre season and looked excellent until Kane's assault

Atsu-he needs to build a squad and, whilst I wouldn't have bothered personally, as a newly promoted side we have to cut our cloth accordingly.

Joselu-had more impact than Perez (albeit a marshmallow dropped onto a brick would have made more impact, tbf) and, whilst no one's excited about him, again-we're a newly promoted club, etc

Manquillo? I'll give you that one

pboromag
22-08-2017, 07:52 AM
You can't say he's wasted £30 million just because you don't like the fella.

Murphy-exciting prospect, we paid the going rate. Just because he hasn't started him doesn't mean he's a waste of money

Lejeune-very good in pre season and looked excellent until Kane's assault

Atsu-he needs to build a squad and, whilst I wouldn't have bothered personally, as a newly promoted side we have to cut our cloth accordingly.

Joselu-had more impact than Perez (albeit a marshmallow dropped onto a brick would have made more impact, tbf) and, whilst no one's excited about him, again-we're a newly promoted club, etc

Manquillo? I'll give you that one

plastics rant is I said for 75 mill we could get 4-5 players in of the ilk the german team did

usuall argument no one will come here ash is a tight **** etc etc althought we have several players on 40-75 k a week

so when you look at what they got for their money and what we have got it is wasted

and again why buy murphy
is he a priority ?
when we all know we need goal scorers and creativity in the middle

why not have kept the French fella

so yes we may have brought potential
but the german team brought ready made quality

150 mill and 10 players

for 75 mill which is what I think we will end up spending if we get 3-4 out isn't unreasonable
and yes whilst transfer fees are high
there are obviously dcecnt players to be had

more so over the next few days when players will realise they aint first choice and a season in the under 23 team isn't all that appealing

Zippity
22-08-2017, 08:23 AM
and again why buy murphy
is he a priority ?
when we all know we need goal scorers and creativity in the middle

To be honest, that's a fair point.

We may never know but my theory is that Rafa thought that he was part of a bigger plan and didn't think he'd end up being the most expensive piece in an unfinished jigsaw puzzle.

ex_pat_magpie
22-08-2017, 09:16 AM
[QUOTE=pboromag;38629789]it is now as he has wasted 30 million
why the hell he got rid of carr before he had any scouting network in place is beside me (Quote by Pboro)

Why do you keep on contradicting yourself about who got rid of Carr. A few days ago you said Ashley was in a hurry to get rid of him and now you put the blame on Rafa.

Do you really know what your opinion is.

pboromag
22-08-2017, 10:07 AM
[QUOTE=pboromag;38629789]it is now as he has wasted 30 million
why the hell he got rid of carr before he had any scouting network in place is beside me (Quote by Pboro)

Why do you keep on contradicting yourself about who got rid of Carr. A few days ago you said Ashley was in a hurry to get rid of him and now you put the blame on Rafa.

Do you really know what your opinion is.

i have never blamed ash
it was rafas decision
ash didnt want him gone

it was rafa who wanted him gone and if i did say that i was wrong

carr was ashlys man
rafa and charnley wanted him gone

i know my opinions mate
im a man of my word
not a little arese wipe like you who continues to snipe and follow me like your one of those little feeder fish

i bet im half your posts on here yet you continue to tell anyone who pulls you up that you aint obsessed

any decent thinking person would have blocked me

you just continue to point fault(which i am aware i have many) and obsess about me
GET A LIFE YOU SAD PHECK

for someone who said he was never going to read my posts and was going to avoid me plastic you aint doing a good job

but we can never trust your word or the offer of a hand shake

pboromag
22-08-2017, 10:11 AM
To be honest, that's a fair point.

We may never know but my theory is that Rafa thought that he was part of a bigger plan and didn't think he'd end up being the most expensive piece in an unfinished jigsaw puzzle.

WHY GO AFTER A KEEPER IN THIS WINDOW ?

i honestly do not think rafa has an idea on how t build a squad
when you had directors of footy etc getting in players and prioratising certain positions from stats and coaches etc i think he would be ok

but he is like a kid in a candy shop with £5 but wants £7 of sweets

he needs to get what we aredesperate for

goals and creativity from the middle

goofy would have done and saved 12 mill

i bet the lads are wondering what the pheck he is trying to achieve

which is why the lads in spain got him out

constatly going on about needing new signings wont give the current lads any confidence or security

ex_pat_magpie
22-08-2017, 10:44 AM
[QUOTE=ex_pat_magpie;38629855]

i have never blamed ash
it was rafas decision
ash didnt want him gone

it was rafa who wanted him gone and if i did say that i was wrong

carr was ashlys man
rafa and charnley wanted him gone

i know my opinions mate
im a man of my word
not a little arese wipe like you who continues to snipe and follow me like your one of those little feeder fish

i bet im half your posts on here yet you continue to tell anyone who pulls you up that you aint obsessed

any decent thinking person would have blocked me

you just continue to point fault(which i am aware i have many) and obsess about me
GET A LIFE YOU SAD PHECK

for someone who said he was never going to read my posts and was going to avoid me plastic you aint doing a good job

but we can never trust your word or the offer of a hand shake

I'm just saying you contradict your self by saying in your post of 9/08/17 "Net spend £21 million" post 16

Post by Pboro "No it want
If ash hadn't been Ina hurry to get rid of Carr the four he wanted gone would have been sold
He threw away carrs list and had his own"

Why can't you just accept the truth. You are constantly contradicting your own opinions on here.

And it's you who is the obsessed as you can't take being corrected. By the way look at the number of posts I posted before you returned to the site. Far greater than since, but I don't expect you to be able to understand that.

pboromag
22-08-2017, 10:47 AM
[QUOTE=pboromag;38629901]

I'm just saying you contradict your self by saying in your post of 9/08/17 "Net spend £21 million" post 16

Post by Pboro "No it want
If ash hadn't been Ina hurry to get rid of Carr the four he wanted gone would have been sold
He threw away carrs list and had his own"

Why can't you just accept the truth. You are constantly contradicting your own opinions on here.

i have said in the last post if i said it i was wrong
that was meant to read if rafa wasnt in such a hurry
as it was reported in the press carr had clubs for the 4 players rafa wanted out
so i typed it wrong

now go away
i have just had me piles removed and you are still dangling from my arse

ex_pat_magpie
22-08-2017, 11:01 AM
[QUOTE=ex_pat_magpie;38629943]

i have said in the last post if i said it i was wrong
that was meant to read if rafa wasnt in such a hurry
as it was reported in the press carr had clubs for the 4 players rafa wanted out
so i typed it wrong

now go away
i have just had me piles removed and you are still dangling from my arse

Now that's all that was needed from the beginning apart from your disgusting abuse of course, but that's to be expected.

At least I think you are a little more honorable than before, at last admitting to making a mistake.

Zippity
22-08-2017, 11:16 AM
Now then. On the count of 3, you two put each other on ignore. Give it a try for a week and if you miss each other too much just undo it.

Here we go.

1....2....3!!!!

Done?

ex_pat_magpie
22-08-2017, 11:22 AM
Now then. On the count of 3, you two put each other on ignore. Give it a try for a week and if you miss each other too much just undo it.

Here we go.

1....2....3!!!!

Done?

Well I was subscribing as per the title of the thread. Nothing more nothing less, and no abuse or insults from me either which on a social site like this there is no excuse for. Just facts, nothing more.

I just couldn't understand why on one post he was attributing Carr's demise to Ashley and on another blaming Rafa as he blames Rafa for everything.

Kal
22-08-2017, 11:42 AM
[QUOTE=ex_pat_magpie;38629943]

this site man. >:(

Geordie_Jacko
22-08-2017, 12:20 PM
I've only recently come back on the footymad forum and am already sick of seeing the same two people constantly arguing an trying to find faults in what ones said. I think we could have a much better board if that just all stopped and also think we'd have more posters. I wonder how many fans pop on here , think about making an account . Then check out the threads to see constant bickering between 2 fans of 'the same' club and think sack that we'll find another forum.

ghostrider
22-08-2017, 12:24 PM
There's nothing wrong with tit for tat arguing here and there. It's easy overlooked if people really want to.
The ignore function is there so it's not like people are forced to view.

I also asked if we could have the off topic forum back where arguments can be sorted out along with any other off topic stuff but nothing seems to have come back from that as of yet.

Geordie_Jacko
22-08-2017, 12:32 PM
I agree nothing wrong with tit for tat but when the same two choose to constantly argue over every little thing. It puts others off from posting and imo jointing the board. It's boring and repetitive and basically completely pointless.

ex_pat_magpie
22-08-2017, 12:47 PM
I agree nothing wrong with tit for tat but when the same two choose to constantly argue over every little thing. It puts others off from posting and imo jointing the board. It's boring and repetitive and basically completely pointless.

The ignore button is easy to use and you can view anything else you want to with the posters ignored being automatically excluded.

It really is that simple.

Geordie_Jacko
22-08-2017, 01:08 PM
The ignore button is easy to use and you can view anything else you want to with the posters ignored being automatically excluded.

It really is that simple.

When talking about football you can both bring up good issues so it's not really fair to say just use the ignore button. It's your constant arguing I don't want to see not your comments on actual football . But you no what really is simple? Stopping having completely pointless arguments and taking huge parts of threads doing so. A lot of people get at pboro and I don't agree with most the stuff he posts if not all of it, but you basically stalk the guy . It's embarrassing . That being said I didn't no there was an ignore button tbh. How do I do it ? I'm on my phone and can't see one. Or do I need to click on the persons profile I'm choosing to ignore?

ex_pat_magpie
22-08-2017, 01:40 PM
When talking about football you can both bring up good issues so it's not really fair to say just use the ignore button. It's your constant arguing I don't want to see not your comments on actual football . But you no what really is simple? Stopping having completely pointless arguments and taking huge parts of threads doing so. A lot of people get at pboro and I don't agree with most the stuff he posts if not all of it, but you basically stalk the guy . It's embarrassing . That being said I didn't no there was an ignore button tbh. How do I do it ? I'm on my phone and can't see one. Or do I need to click on the persons profile I'm choosing to ignore?

Geordie_Jacko all I asked in this last instance is why had he stated in a previous post that Ashley was in a hurry to sack Carr and now in this thread he was blaming Rafa for Carr's removal. It's just that Pboro blames everything on Rafa and I asked for clarification.

Had it been anyone else he might have replied without the abuse and insults. You may notice that I don't return the abuse and insults.

ghostrider
22-08-2017, 01:42 PM

If we could get that off topic forum we used to have up and running then all issues would be solved, because the football side can be just that and any tit for tat arguing can be split off to off topic.

It also gives people a chance to add extra chat without disturbing Newcastle topics or football topics in general.

Toonlegend:

Did you manage to get any feedback from the off topic suggestion to the admin/owners?

Geordie_Jacko
22-08-2017, 01:56 PM
If we could get that off topic forum we used to have up and running then all issues would be solved, because the football side can be just that and any tit for tat arguing can be split off to off topic.

It also gives people a chance to add extra chat without disturbing Newcastle topics or football topics in general.

Toonlegend:

Did you manage to get any feedback from the off topic suggestion to the admin/owners?

This seems a logical solution to me. Hopefully it will get sorted out 👍.

toonlegend
22-08-2017, 02:36 PM
There's nothing wrong with tit for tat arguing here and there. It's easy overlooked if people really want to.
The ignore function is there so it's not like people are forced to view.

I also asked if we could have the off topic forum back where arguments can be sorted out along with any other off topic stuff but nothing seems to have come back from that as of yet.Toonlegend:

I e mailed the person who set up the extra toon news forum for the footymad posts. I haven't heard anything back. I suppose its possible that he was just involved in the initial setting up and ironing out problems that occurred in the 1st few weeks/months.

I'll see if i can send another message to the overall footymad people themselves and see if anything comes of that. from what i could gather previously. kev who runs NUFC page can't open up a sub forum himself.

toonlegend
22-08-2017, 02:42 PM

Toonlegend:

I'm really not sure if i've read that correctly. "any tit for tat arguing can be split off to off topic."

it isn't possible to just move certain posts from a thread onto a different sub forum - it would have to be the whole thread = which would obviously include the football side of it as well, or none of it

toonlegend
22-08-2017, 02:43 PM
I'm really not sure if i've read that correctly. "any tit for tat arguing can be split off to off topic."

it isn't possible to just move certain posts from a thread onto a different sub forum - it would have to be the whole thread = which would obviously include the football side of it as well, or none of it

if you moved the whole thread you would likely end up with nothing on the footy forum. unless you just barred certain people from posting on the footy side haha that sounds like a plan!

ghostrider
22-08-2017, 03:03 PM

Generally you can split topics.
I don't know if this set up would allow that.

Jammy89
22-08-2017, 05:29 PM
Generally you can split topics.
I don't know if this set up would allow that.

You couldn't take certainly posts out of a thread though.

So if we started a thread - Who wants Ben Arfa back? and then it turned into talking about holidays in France for example we wouldn't be able to split the two topics. It would be either move whole thread and lose football, or leave thread and have it all same as before.

Unless i've misunderstood what you're saying?

toonlegend
22-08-2017, 06:29 PM

he can and does spout the same thing over and over. i'm sure he has a list of phrases saved and he just copies and pastes at will

ronandtet
22-08-2017, 06:32 PM
I e mailed the person who set up the extra toon news forum for the footymad posts. I haven't heard anything back. I suppose its possible that he was just involved in the initial setting up and ironing out problems that occurred in the 1st few weeks/months.

I'll see if i can send another message to the overall footymad people themselves and see if anything comes of that. from what i could gather previously. kev who runs NUFC page can't open up a sub forum himself.

if your talking GP he,s the man , the one who started FM from the first fan site ( liverpool) and believe he,s still at the top

toonlegend
22-08-2017, 06:36 PM
if your talking GP he,s the man , the one who started FM from the first fan site ( liverpool) and believe he,s still at the top

yes those are his initials

ghostrider
23-08-2017, 08:13 AM
I actually wrote to whoever is at the helm adding to what has been asked for.
I simply put a case forward and asked for a reply to it.
Naturally I'm just one poster but if man y do a similar thing on top of the mods doing it, then maybe they will do something.
There's a few other forums on here that have sub forums, so there shouldn't really be any issue, assuming those at the top answer queries.

Nephy
23-08-2017, 03:01 PM
Not sure how an off topic board would solve the issues people are having, to be fair. The problem is that legitimately on topic threads constantly devolve into name calling and one upsmanship, so unless you have a special subforum dedicated to pboro and expat and the mods are prepared to constantly split their posts off into new threads on the other forum then I'm not sure it's going to change anything ;)

Setting the 'ignore' option on other posters will presumably only hide their input, but still show all the reaction to their input, which would just be odd - and doesn't solve the issue of new users being put off by the board being dominated by certain personalities.

Ultimately the only adult solution to all this is for those two posters to call a truce and try to stop turning threads into personal vendettas. To encourage this, maybe a zero tolerance policy for ad hominem attacks needs to be enforced by the mods - i.e. simply start deleting all posts that contain a non-banter personal attack on someone.

ex_pat_magpie
23-08-2017, 03:59 PM
Not sure how an off topic board would solve the issues people are having, to be fair. The problem is that legitimately on topic threads constantly devolve into name calling and one upsmanship, so unless you have a special subforum dedicated to pboro and expat and the mods are prepared to constantly split their posts off into new threads on the other forum then I'm not sure it's going to change anything ;)

Setting the 'ignore' option on other posters will presumably only hide their input, but still show all the reaction to their input, which would just be odd - and doesn't solve the issue of new users being put off by the board being dominated by certain personalities.

Ultimately the only adult solution to all this is for those two posters to call a truce and try to stop turning threads into personal vendettas. To encourage this, maybe a zero tolerance policy for ad hominem attacks needs to be enforced by the mods - i.e. simply start deleting all posts that contain a non-banter personal attack on someone.

That would hurt Pboro deeply and exclude 95% of his posts. Is that not unfair?

ghostrider
23-08-2017, 04:09 PM

Football debate is never always hand holding and ring o rind o roses stuff. There will always be people who dislike others and also people who will argue the toss in detail and in depth.

In between football matches there's always room for general chat as well.
A sub forum for this is ideal and it takes a lot of the heat from certain topics on the football side that can channel way off the mark when arguing starts.

An off topic forum does not impact the other so any person who has no intention of coming here for anything other than Newcastle or football talk can simply ignore it really easily as it sits out the way.

Asking two posters to call a truce doesn't sort the entire issues because any posters can get embroiled into a prolific on going disagreement or argument at any time.

An off topic forum solves all issues and I'd be more than willing to do the donkey work with it all if other mods need any help.

ex_pat_magpie
23-08-2017, 04:16 PM
The last one we had on the old site worked well without any problems what so ever.