PDA

View Full Version : Ashley's TWO relegations

ex_pat_magpie
21-08-2017, 08:12 AM
Has anyone any idea how much these must have cost the club in real money terms.

I mean in both real hard money costs and then there are the hidden costs.

A few which easily come to mind. Like the loss of the Prem lucrative bonus monies. Loss of revenue through the turnstiles.

Dropping a division and lumbered with average and below average players on lucrative long contracts and stupid high wages.

Cost of rebuilding squads instead of progressing to a steady build up of an established Prem squad.

Not being able to attract the top players in the country and the world as we did very easily in the days of Sir Bobby and King Kev first time around.

In fact not being able to afford top players because of the set back of having to re-establish in the Prem again.

Those factors above are just off the top of my head. A lot of you may be able to think of much more but I would imagine the accumulative cost of both relegations must easily be much more than the TOTAL VALUE OF THE CLUB.

Ashley, two relegations and five battles against relegation are too costly and PAINFUL to take within one decade.

Jammy89
21-08-2017, 09:07 AM
Aye he's ****ed the club more like this than anything else.

ghostrider
21-08-2017, 09:52 AM

Not nearly as much as Hall and Shepherd would have cost it had they never been fortunate enough to find a mug like Ashley.

A few which easily come to mind. Like the loss of the Prem lucrative bonus monies.
How much would this be and what exactly is it for?

Loss of revenue through the turnstiles.
There's little loss of turnstile revenue over the season when you consider that we played more games and basically filled the stadium much more than we did when we were doing absolutely cack in the prem.

Dropping a division and lumbered with average and below average players on lucrative long contracts and stupid high wages.
All clubs have players lumbering them with high wages and long contracts. It isn't just us, regardless of relegation.

Cost of rebuilding squads instead of progressing to a steady build up of an established Prem squad.
How do you get a steady build at a club like Newcastle with the state the game is in right now in terms of ridiculous transfer fees for average players and sickening unsustainable wages?
The cost is always going to be there for rebuilding all the time because nothing is steady right now due to player power and post code inside player robbery.

Not being able to attract the top players in the country and the world as we did very easily in the days of Sir Bobby and King Kev first time around.
The game has massively changed from that time and we require a Sheikh or the like to attract any top players , because the top players recognise big money and disguise it by thirst for trophies.

In fact not being able to afford top players because of the set back of having to re-establish in the Prem again.
Most top players class Newcastle as a massive step down and will always wait for bigger clubs to step in, regardless.
We have a bit better chance if we are playing champions league football but guess who's stolen those places?

Those factors above are just off the top of my head. A lot of you may be able to think of much more but I would imagine the accumulative cost of both relegations must easily be much more than the TOTAL VALUE OF THE CLUB.
We could argue all kinds of stuff and use hindsight galore.
The issue is, what if we went gung ho and failed?
What would have happened from that point?
Ashley's been a right naive mug and a pork pie deliverer on many occasions, no doubt about it. He's told everyone what they all knew.

Ashley, two relegations and five battles against relegation are too costly and PAINFUL to take within one decade.I'd say the opposite.
It would have been much more painful having a decade of what Sunderland did, which was sitting just above relegation every season.
At least we won something and had some excitement along the way after suffering a few relegations.

Two championship titles and a 5th place finish, plus a few reasonable finishes.
Not as bad as it could have been but not as good as it could have been, either.

It wasn't too long ago when Ashley was getting crucified whilst Ellis Short was being revered as a man who looks after the fans and the club.
How things change.

We either get a Sheikh or we ride along on a wing and a prayer.

Nufc24Mag
21-08-2017, 11:43 AM

A few which easily come to mind. Like the loss of the Prem lucrative bonus monies. Loss of revenue through the turnstiles.

Ashley, two relegations and five battles against relegation are too costly and PAINFUL to take within one decade.

Don't worry their will be much more relegation battles and relegations while he is here

Kal
21-08-2017, 04:10 PM

In the tens of millions.