PDA

View Full Version : 26 quid

GB72
21-08-2017, 09:05 AM
For a Wednesday night game that's live on the telly....

If your going to maximise revenue, be better if Celtic got whole main stand..

Crazy decision imo

Shuntz
21-08-2017, 10:36 AM
Watched the Killie V Celtic game at the weekend.

Looks like less than 2000 Killie fans bothered to turn up.

Pretty shocked to see such a low home support so early in the season .

I'd give the Tims as many tickets as they want but even then there is a limit to who wants to pay lots of money for a game you can watch for free on TV

Everyone charges the same and this is not just a DFC problem

Shuntz
21-08-2017, 10:43 AM

I'd give the Tims as many tickets as they want but even then there is a limit to who wants to pay lots of money for a game you can watch for free on TV

_JohnGotti_
21-08-2017, 11:49 AM

i think Killie must have the biggest drop in attendance in the last 20 years,always used to have a good crowd when the away end was the other side

GB72
21-08-2017, 01:47 PM

If Celtic didnt agree to a price reduction i hope the board of directors come out with a statement...

But i suspect its other way round

Celtic reduced prices against killie in last round to 15quid

If this game was at Parkhead theres no way Celtic would want to charge 28quid to there punters....

Sad after the efforts of players in the last round there will be a really low home support now due to pricing

_JohnGotti_
21-08-2017, 02:52 PM
If Celtic didnt agree to a price reduction i hope the board of directors come out with a statement...

But i suspect its other way round

Celtic reduced prices against killie in last round to 15quid

If this game was at Parkhead theres no way Celtic would want to charge 28quid to there punters....

Sad after the efforts of players in the last round there will be a really low home support now due to pricing

tbf the Americans have supported us well, they have to claw some money back efter throwing money away due to poor management

jdfc
21-08-2017, 04:02 PM
Just back in the country and can't believe I'm reading this, when will the board learn, we can't get a full house for a league game against them due to the pricing, and that's when season tickets are valid, what makes them think they will sell the tickets at that price for this one.

It's a pity, I think that a full Dee ends, and against possibly an under strength Celtic, we might have pulled of the shock.

Also, there is no chance they will sell out there allocation

GB72
21-08-2017, 04:03 PM
tbf the Americans have supported us well, they have to claw some money back efter throwing money away due to poor management

I totally agree that the Keyes family have backed the club...

But i do believe there getting bad advice with there pricing when it comes to home cup games in particular which are notoriously diificult to sell esp if on tv....

If they were giving up say 7000 tixs to celtic i could understand it

But at very most they are only going to make about 20K more from celtic fans if they give them usual allocation...

Plus the fact they will be reduced income from home ends...

We have basically gave up home advantage with this pricing structure for about 20K

Deeranged
21-08-2017, 05:33 PM
I totally agree that the Keyes family have backed the club...

But i do believe there getting bad advice with there pricing when it comes to home cup games in particular which are notoriously diificult to sell esp if on tv....

If they were giving up say 7000 tixs to celtic i could understand it

But at very most they are only going to make about 20K more from celtic fans if they give them usual allocation...

Plus the fact they will be reduced income from home ends...

We have basically gave up home advantage with this pricing structure for about 20K

They're not getting bad advice, they're just not considering the fans.

Returnofrros
21-08-2017, 05:46 PM
Think ill buy an adult concession and pay £19.

Naebody checks and it will be darkish.

Returnofrros
21-08-2017, 05:50 PM

There was just over 2200 in the home ends but some of them wuda been tic fans in the hospitality so probably around 2100.

GB72
21-08-2017, 05:56 PM
They're not getting bad advice, they're just not considering the fans.

Who advises Nelms?

Cant be him setting prices for home league cup matches

Surley?

GB72
21-08-2017, 05:57 PM
There was just over 2200 in the home ends but some of them wuda been tic fans in the hospitality so probably around 2100.

Was 29 quid to get into Rugby park Saturday

Would be lucky if more than a 100 paid at gate in home end