PDA

View Full Version : 5 year plans.....

Nufc24Mag
21-08-2017, 11:47 AM
Does Ashley know we are supposed to improve? I hate the c*nt has ruined our club in the last 10 years that I'm not sure how long it will take for us to recover after he leaves...

ghostrider
21-08-2017, 01:36 PM
Does Ashley know we are supposed to improve? I hate the c*nt has ruined our club in the last 10 years that I'm not sure how long it will take for us to recover after he leaves...

Where should we be right now, do you think?

Who ruined Villa and how did it come about?
Who ruined Birmingham and how did it come about?
Who ruined once premier champions, Blackburn and how did it come about?
I can go on and on with big clubs and potential big clubs and how they were ruined.

But here's the thing.
How many of those clubs were ruined by tight owners?
How many were ruined because owners refused to sanction decent money deals?

These are the questions you need to ask yourself when you think about our owner ruining our club.
You see, in terms of champions league, he's ruined it.
In terms of winning the league, he's ruined it.
In terms of winning meaningful cups, he's ruined it.

Or has he?
What's really happened to Newcastle United in the 10 years since he came?
What was happening in the 10 years previous to that?... who ruined it then?

Don;t get me too far wrong here. I wanted more from Ashley's 10 years and I believed he had a plan that would work, just as he did.
I didn't realise how naive he would have become and how the bitterness ate into him from the fans that made him take a back seat.

I certainly didn't expect relegations or flirts with it.
I never expected Hall and Shepherd and co to screw us over, but they did.

I wish I could turn back the clock and show all of them what will happen to this club if they all do the things they do, but then we wouldn't have the stadium we have and we wouldn't have had the good times under the entertainers or Sir Bobby.

Hindsight really is a wonderful thing and so is ego stroking fantasies that are set to become reality until they actually don't.
Foresight would be a wonderful thing but then it takes away the whole issue of chance or calculated gambles.

We are still here and strong as a club but weak as a main transfer market player because we do not have a money tree in order to bail us out of any slip ups or mess we find ourselves in should we take too much of a chance.

Imagine Man Utd when Ferguson stepped down and left them with an aging squad of bad attitude.
Imagine Moyes being given the cash he was given with a warning that he has to produce or Man Utd are pot-less.
Look at the state they were in but look how easily they managed to get back considering the actual debt they were/are in.

Many clubs have took those risks but very few of them could ever recover from them and the lower leagues are testament to it, just as the lower leagues will be testament to the demise of the clubs that are residing in the premier league under a guise of progress, which is anything but for most.

Now let me tell you where I'm at.
I'd love nothing more than to have stab at competing with the super clubs. Bring in the Sheikh or the oil tycoons, etc and let's go mental.
At worst, let's bring in a Glazier type crew that can borrow and borrow and borrow to keep us kicking heels at the top.
After that we can then look back on those happy times when we had a competing club for a decade until the coffers ran dry and the land that the famous stadium was built on now houses many building projects, whilst the remaining fans restart their support at a new smaller venue in the national league with a hardcore of fans that threaten to reach into 4 figures and rising.

Or......

Or......

We can sit back and wait for the whole footballing mindset to alter into the new Americanised cheerleading circus in the very same polished up stadium that once housed a club that we all knew as Newcastle United with a history that can be viewed in the archives.

Way overboard, right?

I agree....but....but....just imagine, if.

Kal
21-08-2017, 04:07 PM

They're best described as 5 year gambles.

Nufc24Mag
21-08-2017, 05:21 PM
Where should we be right now, do you think?

Who ruined Villa and how did it come about?
Who ruined Birmingham and how did it come about?
Who ruined once premier champions, Blackburn and how did it come about?
I can go on and on with big clubs and potential big clubs and how they were ruined.

But here's the thing.
How many of those clubs were ruined by tight owners?
How many were ruined because owners refused to sanction decent money deals?

These are the questions you need to ask yourself when you think about our owner ruining our club.
You see, in terms of champions league, he's ruined it.
In terms of winning the league, he's ruined it.
In terms of winning meaningful cups, he's ruined it.

Or has he?
What's really happened to Newcastle United in the 10 years since he came?
What was happening in the 10 years previous to that?... who ruined it then?

Don;t get me too far wrong here. I wanted more from Ashley's 10 years and I believed he had a plan that would work, just as he did.
I didn't realise how naive he would have become and how the bitterness ate into him from the fans that made him take a back seat.

I certainly didn't expect relegations or flirts with it.
I never expected Hall and Shepherd and co to screw us over, but they did.

I wish I could turn back the clock and show all of them what will happen to this club if they all do the things they do, but then we wouldn't have the stadium we have and we wouldn't have had the good times under the entertainers or Sir Bobby.

Hindsight really is a wonderful thing and so is ego stroking fantasies that are set to become reality until they actually don't.
Foresight would be a wonderful thing but then it takes away the whole issue of chance or calculated gambles.

We are still here and strong as a club but weak as a main transfer market player because we do not have a money tree in order to bail us out of any slip ups or mess we find ourselves in should we take too much of a chance.

Imagine Man Utd when Ferguson stepped down and left them with an aging squad of bad attitude.
Imagine Moyes being given the cash he was given with a warning that he has to produce or Man Utd are pot-less.
Look at the state they were in but look how easily they managed to get back considering the actual debt they were/are in.

Many clubs have took those risks but very few of them could ever recover from them and the lower leagues are testament to it, just as the lower leagues will be testament to the demise of the clubs that are residing in the premier league under a guise of progress, which is anything but for most.

Now let me tell you where I'm at.
I'd love nothing more than to have stab at competing with the super clubs. Bring in the Sheikh or the oil tycoons, etc and let's go mental.
At worst, let's bring in a Glazier type crew that can borrow and borrow and borrow to keep us kicking heels at the top.
After that we can then look back on those happy times when we had a competing club for a decade until the coffers ran dry and the land that the famous stadium was built on now houses many building projects, whilst the remaining fans restart their support at a new smaller venue in the national league with a hardcore of fans that threaten to reach into 4 figures and rising.

Or......

Or......

We can sit back and wait for the whole footballing mindset to alter into the new Americanised cheerleading circus in the very same polished up stadium that once housed a club that we all knew as Newcastle United with a history that can be viewed in the archives.

Way overboard, right?

I agree....but....but....just imagine, if.

I don't want a sheikh Chinese or oil tycoons and compete with the super clubs, I want to be able to compete and be the kind of club under like Everton, we can't even compete with Bournemouth never mind Man City,

Jammy89
21-08-2017, 06:52 PM
Whilst i fully agree with what your saying, in regards owners:

Everton have a Iranian billionaire (several times over) in charge and Bournemouth have a Russian oligarch in charge.

They (the owners) could buy Ashley several times over i believe.

ex_pat_magpie
21-08-2017, 07:31 PM
Whilst i fully agree with what your saying, in regards owners:

Everton have a Iranian billionaire (several times over) in charge and Bournemouth have a Russian oligarch in charge.

They (the owners) could buy Ashley several times over i believe.

That might be why Ashley's getting an inferiority complex. ;D

Jammy89
21-08-2017, 08:25 PM
That might be why Ashley's getting an inferiority complex. ;D

Could really believe that. He bought the club to be "big dog" and now he's nothing in comparison to a lot of the owners.

ghostrider
22-08-2017, 06:10 AM
Could really believe that. He bought the club to be "big dog" and now he's nothing in comparison to a lot of the owners.

I think this could be very close to the actual start up mindset.
Reading between the lines of his latest speech it certainly gives a hint at that.

I just don't think he or many of us every expected super billionaires to just fall out of the sky like apples from a tree.

ghostrider
22-08-2017, 06:33 AM
I don't want a sheikh Chinese or oil tycoons and compete with the super clubs, I want to be able to compete and be the kind of club under like Everton, we can't even compete with Bournemouth never mind Man City,

We can compete with Bournemouth and Everton. We can compete with all of them.
The issue is, we aren't competing against Bournemouth and Everton and Man Utd, etc. We are competing against owners and that's the key word.

You want to be like Everton who bring back Rooney on 250 grand a week and Siggardson for 45 million?
Luckily this time they had players to offset all of this as well as owners willing to bail them out in the event of the crap hitting the fan.

Out of all those clubs with the owners you would be happy with, how many can finish in places that befit their spending?
Some are going to fail badly, but the issue is, the fans have dined on steak and wine, with a sweet trolley and cheese board.
They want the same and will not accept frying steak and thick cut frozen chips with garden peas.

This is when the problems will start.
As for us. A dippy egg and chips with some soft buttered bread and a mug of tea to wash it down with.
It's not always ideal and we do tend to get the odd steak meal every now and again, but we know where we stand, for now.

Our issues will start when we dine on the big menu with the owners you speak of. Nice at first but the comedown could well be cold Turkey.

I'm not asking anyone to accept Ashley but I'd rather the club ran on what it generates in order to keep it as a club that we identify with.
Take a look at what PSG are doing.
How is that even possible, never mind the fair play rules.

I remember fans arguing that they would love an Ellis Short rather than Ashley.
I'm sure nobody will remember ever saying anything like that for those who did, who may be looking in.
I wonder if that would still be the case?

Would anyone still swap Mike for Ellis and if so, why?

ex_pat_magpie
22-08-2017, 08:40 AM
It doesn't need to be a choice between Ashley or Sort though. That's a choice of sh1t or p1ss.

What about a choice of Ashley now and Ashley with all of his promises when he first came provided of course that he had been honest enough and man enough to have honoured those promises.

Had he done that there would be no problems now. No relegations, no constant fights against relegation just success and an owner who was at first accepted on his word and ambitions.

We didn't change. He did.

ghostrider
22-08-2017, 12:16 PM
It doesn't need to be a choice between Ashley or Sort though. That's a choice of sh1t or p1ss.

What about a choice of Ashley now and Ashley with all of his promises when he first came provided of course that he had been honest enough and man enough to have honoured those promises.

Had he done that there would be no problems now. No relegations, no constant fights against relegation just success and an owner who was at first accepted on his word and ambitions.

We didn't change. He did.

Hindsight is a wonderful thing.
If you are totally honest with yourself you don't know what state we would be in now if Ashley had given managers free reign without question and allowed money to be spent hand over fist.
It might have got us into the top 5 for a while or even a real push at the title for an occasion.
It could have sent us plummeting with a team full of mercenary don't give a flying **** attitude on sickening wages that would have eclipsed anything we see.

All could be's but no guarantees.

The real big clubs and media darlings of the southern part of Newcastle get to have numerous goes at throwing money away and having wage bills that eclipse the clubs real spending power.
We do not get that kind of lee-way.

A feast or a famine is generally our forte and it doesn't just start or finish with Ashley.

ex_pat_magpie
22-08-2017, 12:40 PM
No need for managers to be given free reign without question though or to spend money hand over fist.

Ashley stated when he first came that he would be involved in the running of the club and invest £20 million per season.

There's always a happy medium i.e. it doesn't have to be either an Ashley or a Short. There are other good owners who are better models than either of these two and if you want an example off the top of my head then our next neighbour, Steve Gibson. He even provides decent family members for his club squad.

Ashley would have found his money better invested by taking a proper interest in the club instead of just empty promises and using the club as an extension of the advertising arm of his business.

Zippity
22-08-2017, 01:19 PM
Look, lads, we've got to understand...Ashley isn't Short.

It's just his weight makes him look that way.

Don't bother... already getting me coat.

ghostrider
22-08-2017, 01:37 PM
No need for managers to be given free reign without question though or to spend money hand over fist.
Ashley stated when he first came that he would be involved in the running of the club and invest £20 million per season.
From his own pocket?
From his own PERSONAL pocket?
Each season?
Seriously?

There's always a happy medium i.e. it doesn't have to be either an Ashley or a Short. There are other good owners who are better models than either of these two and if you want an example off the top of my head then our next neighbour, Steve Gibson. He even provides decent family members for his club squad.
Is this the Steve Gibson who owns Middlesbrough in the championship, who has spent may manys eason in it and now and again had the odd flirt about in the premier league?
Shouldn't Middlebrough be fighting for a champions league place by now or can you actually understand the point I tried to make earlier?
I like Gibson and he loves the club. He's a people person. A fans fan.
He is in a worse position that we are, regardless.

Ashley would have found his money better invested by taking a proper interest in the club instead of just empty promises and using the club as an extension of the advertising arm of his business. What do you mean by a proper interest and what do you mean by INVESTED?
Just so we're clear.

ghostrider
22-08-2017, 01:37 PM

Nice one. :D

Jammy89
22-08-2017, 01:56 PM

Shocking XD

Almost ghost level of terrible jokes ;D

ghostrider
22-08-2017, 02:01 PM
Shocking XD

Almost ghost level of terrible jokes ;D
:O

Well actually you're right. :D