PDA

View Full Version : Strachan hates Aberdeen

Aldo1983
21-08-2017, 12:44 PM
Well known secret. Doesn't hide it at all.

Not one Aberdeen player in the Scotland squad.

Pacman1903
21-08-2017, 01:03 PM
How many guffs?

rico94
21-08-2017, 01:15 PM
Strachan will be gone by October at the latest.

Hopefully once he is gone guys like Shinnie and Christie will get a chance but they probably wont,the next guy that takes over will still pick the likes of Hanley, Mulgrew, Bannan and Fletcher instead of giving Aberdeen players a go.

EintrachtFrankfurt
21-08-2017, 01:21 PM
Is it any wonder quite a lot of Dons fans cant be bothered with the national team?

If Scotland were playing in my back garden Id close the curtains, girfuy Strachan and McGhee ya pair of obnoxious clowns.

Aldo1983
21-08-2017, 01:27 PM
I know he hates us but I don't know why. Any ideas?

EintrachtFrankfurt
21-08-2017, 01:32 PM
I know he hates us but I don't know why. Any ideas?

Probably something to do with Fergie, also he misled the club back in 84 he was meant to sign for 1FC Koln in Germany but went to Man Utd instead, pissing us off and the Germans, he is a nasty little **** always has been. I dont look at him McGhee or McLeish as AFC legends anymore-all damaged goods.

donsdaft
21-08-2017, 01:42 PM
Aye Well min, when it's all over and we go to the mannie ( that doesn't exist) in the sky.

They will still be three of the best players ever to pull on that famous red jersey.

RealPompeyDon
21-08-2017, 01:55 PM
Probably something to do with Fergie, also he misled the club back in 84 he was meant to sign for 1FC Koln in Germany but went to Man Utd instead, pissing us off and the Germans, he is a nasty little **** always has been. I dont look at him McGhee or McLeish as AFC legends anymore-all damaged goods.

Didn't Aberdeen get fined or have to compensate Koln thanks to the wee nyaff?

Would have loved to have seen his face when Fergie walked in the front door at Old Trafford.

EintrachtFrankfurt
21-08-2017, 01:59 PM
Didn't Aberdeen get fined or have to compensate Koln thanks to the wee nyaff?

Would have loved to have seen his face when Fergie walked in the front door at Old Trafford.

I would have thought we would have had to compensate them, dont know how much though. Does anyone on here remember this? Strachan is not a good guy by any stretch of the imagination, just like his pal McGhee.

GASC1980
21-08-2017, 02:20 PM
Could be worse. He could have picked Ryan Union Jack now that he's with sevco just to rub further salt in.

Mason89
21-08-2017, 02:41 PM
He's mates with Mark McGhee

That should tell you everything you need to know about him as a person

InversneckieDob
21-08-2017, 03:03 PM
Could be worse. He could have picked Ryan Union Jack now that he's with sevco just to rub further salt in.
I said that if Jack was picked I was 100% finished with Scotland.
I'm pretty close to that now but watch the occasional game and did cheer Thumb's goals against PA.

Hairdrier
21-08-2017, 04:55 PM
Not only does Strachan hate Aberdeen, he hates Scotland too and is instrumental in the decline of the national side.
He's an erse and as much of a legend as McGhee.

Hairdrier
21-08-2017, 05:19 PM

I see McLeish is touting himself today. No doubt he's hoping to get considered for the soon to be vacant manager post at hunbrox.

MrNipples
21-08-2017, 06:07 PM
I would have thought we would have had to compensate them, dont know how much though. Does anyone on here remember this? Strachan is not a good guy by any stretch of the imagination, just like his pal McGhee.

According to Wiki:

In August 1984, Manchester United spent £500,000 to take Strachan to Old Trafford.[27] However Strachan had previously signed a pre-contract agreement with Bundesliga side 1. FC Köln, and United paid £75,000 compensation to resolve the row – teammate Mark McGhee had also signed a contract with Hamburg on the understanding that Strachan would also be in Germany XD

Rochead
21-08-2017, 09:49 PM
He wasn't best pleased when I asked him if he was going to watch the Aberdeen players for a change, that was at the last v tims game at pittodrie last season, he said he would pick anyone he considered good enough.

Pacman1903
21-08-2017, 10:06 PM
He wasn't best pleased when I asked him if he was going to watch the Aberdeen players for a change, that was at the last v tims game at pittodrie last season, he said he would pick anyone he considered good enough.

Funny that as i was selling TRF that night at the dick end so had to walk past the main enterance and he had just turned up, i shouted "nae doubt your only here to watch the hoops Gordon" he didnt reply but he must have heard it

NewOrleansRed
21-08-2017, 10:52 PM
Strachan will be gone by October at the latest.

Hopefully once he is gone guys like Shinnie and Christie will get a chance but they probably wont,the next guy that takes over will still pick the likes of Hanley, Mulgrew, Bannan and Fletcher instead of giving Aberdeen players a go.

I'm rooting for the opposition now. He and that detestable McGhoo can get right teh ****. Enough's enough.

red weegie
21-08-2017, 11:15 PM
How can Strachan NOT name a single Aberdeen player in the Scotland squad? In the last 2-3 seasons we’ve had a single cap for Kenny McClean. And as for the recall of 33-year-old Whittaker’, you must be having’ a laff. Presumably based on his performance at the weekend when Hibs shipped 3 goals? One of which was walked into the net.

I would have Graeme Shinnie and Kenny McLean any day of the week instead of Bannan (in particular), Matt Phillips or Matt Richie who was AWOL yesterday against Huddersfield.

Reynolds is ****e at the moment, but he's still way better than Grant Hanley.

Strachan’s a clown but hopefully not long before he goes and we get our national team back.

The Trading Sheep
22-08-2017, 04:09 AM
Is it any wonder quite a lot of Dons fans cant be bothered with the national team?

If Scotland were playing in my back garden Id close the curtains, girfuy Strachan and McGhee ya pair of obnoxious clowns.

Its more a puzzle that anyone who wants to see change in our game even entertains the thought of going to watch a Scotland match. Remember when you pay the money to watch, you support the way the game is run (horror) and the process in which players are selected (bizarre).

Another reason why some players may not be selected is to hold their value down for other teams to come in and get them or to unsettle certain players. Some players may really want to play for Scotland and will soon realise that with the current manager they would need to move from Pittodrie to fulfil that ambition.

Remember the games rigged....

On a positive note, our players will be fresher and hopefully hungrier

sancho_panza
22-08-2017, 05:02 AM
I would have Graeme Shinnie and Kenny McLean any day of the week instead of Bannan (in particular), Matt Phillips or Matt Richie who was AWOL yesterday against Huddersfield.

I can't see much of a case for saying McLean is better than Phillips and Ritchie. Those two are legitimately good Premier League players and it would be pretty baffling if they weren't picked - the only argument for it would be that they aren't really Scottish.

Shinnie on the other hand is consistently overlooked and if I were Strachan I'd have him in as a fullback even though he doesn't play there for us.

InversneckieDob
22-08-2017, 05:26 AM
In all honesty, delighted neen of our lads are there.
Gives us good collective recovery time after a hectic season opening.

RedStarTorphins
22-08-2017, 06:09 AM
In all honesty, delighted neen of our lads are there.
Gives us good collective recovery time after a hectic season opening.

I agree.
F*ck Scotland to be honest.

Besides, who really deserves a call up?
Who's dropped for Shinnie for example?
Bannan is sh1te but a completely different player.
Shinnie is a midfielder, the "strongest" part of the Scotland team.
Aside from him, no one else has a case.
Christie if he performs well this season maybe, at a push.

But, who cares.

Give our players a few days off & "go again" until the next ****ey, pointless international break.

Seriously, ditch international football in to the sea.

Mason89
22-08-2017, 06:14 AM
Can't be bothered with it at all. I don't even watch world cups or the Euros anymore

Pacman1903
22-08-2017, 06:22 AM
Can't be bothered with it at all. I don't even watch world cups or the Euros anymore

International footballs a hinderance

Winston78Snelders
22-08-2017, 06:26 AM
5 for me should not be allowed near a scotland squad.....

Whittaker, Forrester, Naismith, Fletcher S & Martin C

Has Mcginn & Berra being playing well enough? and no idea about Archer.

As for us, Shinnie if he played LB YES but as he doesn't then no. May will be in the squad after we are officially out and hes regularly playing/scoring (showing no signs off injury). Mclean if hes on top form, can we say he has been?

Until we are out then its a good thing we don't have the distraction, players who think they should be in can knuckle down and work even harder (all good for us).

sancho_panza
22-08-2017, 06:52 AM
As for us, Shinnie if he played LB YES but as he doesn't then no. May will be in the squad after we are officially out and hes regularly playing/scoring (showing no signs off injury). Mclean if hes on top form, can we say he has been?

Personally, I don't see why Shinnie has to play left-back for us to play in the same position for Scotland. The reason he plays in midfield for us is because we don't have any better midfielders than him, not because we think he isn't good enough to play at left-back. Whittaker has also played at left-back for Scotland for years despite being a right-back so I don't see why Shinnie should be held to a different standard.

Winston78Snelders
22-08-2017, 07:14 AM
Personally, I don't see why Shinnie has to play left-back for us to play in the same position for Scotland. The reason he plays in midfield for us is because we don't have any better midfielders than him, not because we think he isn't good enough to play at left-back. Whittaker has also played at left-back for Scotland for years despite being a right-back so I don't see why Shinnie should be held to a different standard.

Because he is not a CM, he does a job for us in the SPL in that position and that's as far as it go's.

Switching positions (side to side) is one thing, from LB to CM then back again just for internationals? Nah I don't think so. Didn't Forsyth keep him out of previous squads and he has not made it, for once there is a little bit more competition.

Said it before.... If Shinnie wants to play for Scotland he should play LB and show his qualities in his best position for himself and us (regardless of where we are short)

Aldo1983
22-08-2017, 07:38 AM
I can't be ****ed with Scotland either, lost interest a few years back and couldn't even get excited against the Nigels.

I think the chat about them being able to get a rest is a red herring though. They'd still be training with us.

We might not give a **** about Scotland but Shinnie and the rest probably will care. That then leaves the issue of players knocking us back if they know they won't get near the Scotland team.

rico94
22-08-2017, 07:38 AM
Shinnies got no chance of playing at left back in front of Tierney or Robertson even if he is playing at left back for us. Centre Midfield might be a better option I can see the likes of Brown, Flecther and Morrison retiring after this campaign.

Its all very well saying who cares if none of our players get picked but some of them including Shinnie have ambitions to play for Scotland, if they continuously dont get picked they may want to move on so they have a better chance of being selected.

rico94
22-08-2017, 07:40 AM
I can't be ****ed with Scotland either, lost interest a few years back and couldn't even get excited against the Nigels.

I think the chat about them being able to get a rest is a red herring though. They'd still be training with us.

We might not give a **** about Scotland but Shinnie and the rest probably will care. That then leaves the issue of players knocking us back if they know they won't get near the Scotland team.

Beat me to it aldo.

ILikeJam
22-08-2017, 07:57 AM
Just a wee aside...

Considering Hearts' form, who would you take at CB for the Dons - Christophe Berra or Andy Considine? I'd probably pick Considine.

But before either of them I'd pick Reynolds :?

red weegie
22-08-2017, 07:58 AM
I can't see much of a case for saying McLean is better than Phillips and Ritchie. Those two are legitimately good Premier League players and it would be pretty baffling if they weren't picked - the only argument for it would be that they aren't really Scottish.

Shinnie on the other hand is consistently overlooked and if I were Strachan I'd have him in as a fullback even though he doesn't play there for us.

Fair point and I agree to an extent, however Ritchie had a shocker yesterday and no way looks an international player.

McLean would not be a starter, but he would be a good option on the best bench as he does offer something a little bit different. Bannan was never any good, and now he's four years older and worse. McLean is clearly a better pick for the squad.

Stavros39
22-08-2017, 08:27 AM
I hope Scotland get totally pumped next week and the wee ginger coont is fired.

Winston78Snelders
22-08-2017, 10:00 AM
I hope Scotland get totally pumped next week and the wee ginger coont is fired.

I hope we win...... that is all

kigoretrout
22-08-2017, 10:15 AM
Bit of a non-story. Strachan name checked Shinnie when discussing Celtic's McGregors omission. Saying he would be disappointed as well. Lets face it midfield is the only place Scotland have a surplus of players apart from left back. Mclean has by his standards not been setting the heather on fire. I'm going to stick my neck out and say Shinnie isn't better than the guys who will be playing in midfield for Scotland and is very unlucky that arguably Scotland's two best players are Tierney and Robertson. I think the games have come too early for our other Scottish players May, Stewart, Mackay Stevens. If they keep playing well you never know.

Christie is maybe the only one worth a shout this time around.

Winston78Snelders
22-08-2017, 10:31 AM
Bit of a non-story. Strachan name checked Shinnie when discussing Celtic's McGregors omission. Saying he would be disappointed as well. Lets face it midfield is the only place Scotland have a surplus of players apart from left back. Mclean has by his standards not been setting the heather on fire. I'm going to stick my neck out and say Shinnie isn't better than the guys who will be playing in midfield for Scotland and is very unlucky that arguably Scotland's two best players are Tierney and Robertson. I think the games have come too early for our other Scottish players May, Stewart, Mackay Stevens. If they keep playing well you never know.

Christie is maybe the only one worth a shout this time around.

Dundee performance could have cost Christie, but got a feeling he will be a long way down on Strachans crayon scrawled list.

That aside completely agree.