PDA

View Full Version : Chris Wood...nearly Millwall player...

claw84
21-08-2017, 06:07 PM
congrats on getting your club a player I've always liked.

A few years back the Lions took Wood on loan from West Brom, he did very well playing for us and when his loan spell was up Millwall bid £1million for him ( all we could afford) however West Brom accepted our bid. Woody was happy with that but at the last minute the Foxes also put a bid of a mil for him. Sadly his father persuaded him to join the foxes instead.

Anyway best of luck with him. At least he won't be playing against us this season.

oldcolner
21-08-2017, 06:11 PM
congrats on getting your club a player I've always liked.

A few years back the Lions took Wood on loan from West Brom, he did very well playing for us and when his loan spell was up Millwall bid £1million for him ( all we could afford) however West Brom accepted our bid. Woody was happy with that but at the last minute the Foxes also put a bid of a mil for him. Sadly his father persuaded him to join the foxes instead.

Anyway best of luck with him.

Thanks claw, we wait with baited breath to see if he can score in the PL. keep on supporting us.

claw84
30-08-2017, 12:23 PM
Thanks claw, we wait with baited breath to see if he can score in the PL. keep on supporting us. Yes, he can score,oldcolner, I knew my faith in him was not misplaced.

In Dyche We Trust
30-08-2017, 12:33 PM
lets not get carried away, its only 1 goal. When he nets another 19 Premier League goals, then we can say it was money well spent.

oldcolner
30-08-2017, 12:55 PM
Seems to be doing ok so far and now he has his first PL goal will have more self belief and less anxiety than if he had yet to get one.
But if Andre is worth £18m and finished 2016–17 with 36 appearances and 10 goals, surely Wood at£15m only needs to get 9 to match him for goals per £. Where does 19 come from IDWT?

In Dyche We Trust
30-08-2017, 03:52 PM
Wood is reportedly £18m with add-ons. No player is worth £18m to score 10 goals - Watford paid silly money but then they are a silly club. Silva will be gone next seasoN

A decent PL goalscorer shoul be hitting 20 at least a season.

The Bedlington Terrier
30-08-2017, 06:00 PM
Wood is reportedly £18m with add-ons. No player is worth £18m to score 10 goals - Watford paid silly money but then they are a silly club. Silva will be gone next seasoN

Only the absolute VERY best hit 20 goals a season in the EPL!

oldcolner
30-08-2017, 08:07 PM
Only the absolute VERY best hit 20 goals a season in the EPL!

Only three PL strikers got over 20 goals last year and five over 19

Kane 29
Lukaku 25
Sanchez 24
Aguerro 20
Costa 20
Alli 18
Inbrahimovic 17
Hazard 16

I think you expect too much'for £15m

george_kaplan
01-09-2017, 04:46 AM

Makes it all that much more sweeter to our hater huh, just love ripping off the likes of losers like you. 18 mill ha, you've been well and truly mugged...I almost feel guilty.......then again.

ALAW.

oldcolner
01-09-2017, 06:22 AM
Makes it all that much more sweeter to our hater huh, just love ripping off the likes of losers like you. 18 mill ha, you've been well and truly mugged...I almost feel guilty.......then again.

ALAW.

Have you seen a doctor George? Just check the PL table and our annual accounts and see where our losers are compared to your team, the day of reckoning is approaching fast ... for our reserve team.

oldcolner
01-09-2017, 10:05 AM
Just scored a hat trick in a 6-1 win for NZ v Solomon Isles

http://www.newshub.co.nz/home/sport/2017/09/chris-wood-scores-hat-trick-in-all-whites-6-1-rout-of-the-solomon-islands.html

P

NZClaret
01-09-2017, 10:28 AM

http://www.newshub.co.nz/home/sport/2017/09/chris-wood-scores-hat-trick-in-all-whites-6-1-rout-of-the-solomon-islands.html

P

Just got home from that match. He was by far the stand out player out there but it wasn't exactly Germany v Brazil. Took his goals well and should really have had more, did plenty off the ball also. First match I have been on since Wembley play off final in 2009.

oldcolner
01-09-2017, 12:46 PM
Just got home from that match. He was by far the stand out player out there but it wasn't exactly Germany v Brazil. Took his goals well and should really have had more, did plenty off the ball also. First match I have been on since Wembley play off final in 2009.

Great to have someone there.
The second goal was stand out, sublime chip over the keeper. There's a video on the link I posted it others want to see it.

SERVERNOTRESPONDING
01-09-2017, 01:09 PM
Not often a Burnley player is compared with Cantona !!!! All thanks to our feeder club in Yaark Shiiire.

https://www.clubcall.com/burnley/clarets-star-scores-stunning-cantona-esque-chip-1861578.html

claw84
01-09-2017, 02:18 PM
We (the Lions) got Steve Morison off Leeds for nought, last season he put Watford out of the FA Cup and the last of his 16 goals at Wembley put us back in the Championship. Yes! good deals to be had.

oldcolner
01-09-2017, 04:12 PM

P
Not many Burnley international hat tricks around so one for the record books I guess

george_kaplan
01-09-2017, 04:40 PM
Have you seen a doctor George? Just check the PL table and our annual accounts and see where our losers are compared to your team, the day of reckoning is approaching fast ... for our reserve team.

Aye you are a fairly well run club mate, I admit, I don't have to go into the details about the shambles at LUFC we've had to endure this past too many years. We are at last on our feet and I hope heading in the right direction, we've lost a lot of half decent players this last while, that's the way it goes.....you guys too have lost players to poaching clubs.
I wish Wood well but from reports from fans who follow LEEDS week in week out he's far from the finished deal. I think we got a half decent price for him considering. I have no beef with burnley only the banter! I hope he does okay for you lot and you have a decent season.......can't see you going too far in the cups thought!

oldcolner
01-09-2017, 05:53 PM
Not many Burnley international hat tricks around so one for the record books I guess
Didn't realise he was captain as well so that's probably another for the record books.

oldcolner
01-09-2017, 06:04 PM
Aye you are a fairly well run club mate, I admit, I don't have to go into the details about the shambles at LUFC we've had to endure this past too many years. We are at last on our feet and I hope heading in the right direction, we've lost a lot of half decent players this last while, that's the way it goes.....you guys too have lost players to poaching clubs.
I wish Wood well but from reports from fans who follow LEEDS week in week out he's far from the finished deal. I think we got a half decent price for him considering. I have no beef with burnley only the banter! I hope he does okay for you lot and you have a decent season.......can't see you going too far in the cups thought!

We will see about one of the cups on Tuesday 19th! ;D you seem to have a new Roofe over your head so will be interesting to compare if Woods plays.

NZClaret
01-09-2017, 10:15 PM
http://www.nzherald.co.nz/sport/news/article.cfm?c_id=4&objectid=11915987

Article in todays NZ Herald

oldcolner
03-09-2017, 10:25 AM
On his way back as he is not needed for second leg, given 6-1 lead and they want to keep Burnley sweet.