PDA

View Full Version : 10 days

arab_pat
21-08-2017, 10:01 PM
Until the end of the transfer window. Will we be bringing in another front man?

shedboy71
21-08-2017, 10:39 PM
Robert Plant?

stokearab
21-08-2017, 11:28 PM
Robert Plant?

Not match fit.. 😆

I'd go for the young John Lydon.

stokearab
21-08-2017, 11:30 PM
Until the end of the transfer window. Will we be bringing in another front man?

Serious answer is I'd be surprised if we sign anyone else

deebuster
22-08-2017, 05:30 AM
Bruce Forsyth failed a fitness test.

PUTAMADRE
22-08-2017, 05:43 AM
If we can't shift Donaldson how about getting him out on loan ?

Same with alllardice, smith and a few other young ones

Get in a loan striker from ?

Arabdownsouth
22-08-2017, 05:53 AM

Do you live on the moon or something? Donaldson left 2 weeks ago and has now signed for Inverness. Allardice and Smith are both part of the first team squad. Smith is currently injured but will be the 4th striker when fit. Not really sure how most of that got past you lol

Hoofballer
22-08-2017, 05:58 AM
Do you live on the moon or something? Donaldson left 2 weeks ago and has now signed for Inverness. Allardice and Smith are both part of the first team squad. Smith is currently injured but will be the 4th striker when fit. Not really sure how most of that got past you lol

B)

Arabdownsouth
22-08-2017, 06:07 AM
B)

Sorry, what's that mean exactly? lol

NOSCOTCAPS
22-08-2017, 06:20 AM
Bruce Forsyth failed a fitness test.

Sorry Deebuster but that is out of order! If half our team had the footballing talent that Bruce Forsyth had as an entertainer we would be world beaters.

deebuster
22-08-2017, 06:43 AM
Sorry Deebuster but that is out of order! If half our team had the footballing talent that Bruce Forsyth had as an entertainer we would be world beaters.

Its ok were in for Lionel Blair. The show nust go on :)

SmedDUm
22-08-2017, 07:04 AM

Precisely Ads, Matty Smith was starting to grab the jersey before he got injured. When fit (now?) I think we'll be seeing him as a used substitute or even a starter if the THREE cf's ahead of him don't pull their weight. If anyone was to be coming in before the end of the window I would hope for a flair player in any position really, our spark's a bit lacking at this early juncture.

shedboy71
22-08-2017, 08:44 AM
Not match fit.. ��

I'd go for the young John Lydon.

Yes and we should run out to PiL - Lowlife :)

Anyway Stoke you dont go to every home and away match I think you need to stop having an opinion XD

USArab
22-08-2017, 11:16 AM

Nah! They'd be too tippy tappy! Good game, good game!

darrenshedtastic
22-08-2017, 11:57 AM
i wouldnt imagaine another striker coming in tbh. we signed mcdonald due to the injuries to keatings, Nkoyi and smith. with mcmullan playing upfront in the 1st few games (and doing well) and these players being back from injury means i dont think we need anymore strikers tbh

it gives us enough options considering our budget. if we had a bigger budget then someone like Ofere would be useful as we would need a tall target man but i do think its unlikely to happen.

i dont really see where else we need to strengthen we have enough cover for most positions and any other signings would be surely just be a squad player

TerryTheTerror
22-08-2017, 01:49 PM
I agree darren, hard to see us signing anyone else.

stokearab
22-08-2017, 02:31 PM
Yes and we should run out to PiL - Lowlife :)

Anyway Stoke you dont go to every home and away match I think you need to stop having an opinion XD

Hehe hehe "like"

Whitfieldarab
22-08-2017, 04:32 PM
Won't be getting Nadir anyway , he's signed on loan at Plymouth.

ahlltanyirhide
22-08-2017, 05:24 PM

:D

Oddsox
22-08-2017, 06:12 PM
Trialist playing upfront in tonight's Dev game???

stokearab
22-08-2017, 07:10 PM
Trialist playing upfront in tonight's Dev game???

If as someone said "the show must go on" could it be Freddie Mercury

ahlltanyirhide
22-08-2017, 07:31 PM
If as someone said "the show must go on" could it be Freddie Mercury

Or Leo Sayer?

shedboy71
22-08-2017, 08:18 PM
Or Leo Sayer?

I love a good Leo Sayer - especially away days

SRYB

shedboy71
22-08-2017, 08:19 PM
id still give Debbie Harry one -

Just to know i had :P

Wullie
22-08-2017, 08:21 PM
Assuming the trialist playing for the first team isn't one for the future, that hints at us looking to make a signing.

We'll have a lot of the ball in games, we'll put crosses into the box, we need someone to mix it up, get on the end of things, we need a centre forward who'll attack the ball, we can't play through teams every week.

We only just managed that v Brechin.

stokearab
22-08-2017, 08:28 PM
id still give Debbie Harry one -

Just to know i had :P

Went down in a lift with her once 😆
She could still do a job for us, pre match pep talks that kind o thing

shedboy71
22-08-2017, 08:55 PM
Went down in a lift with her once ��
She could still do a job for us, pre match pep talks that kind o thing

damn right she could :D Debbie does Tannadice!

bobafett
23-08-2017, 12:51 PM
I wouldn't be surprised if we picked up a loan signing towards the end of the window. Ideally another winger type. We need another potential game changer from the bench.

Chick A Saw
23-08-2017, 10:01 PM
I wouldn't be surprised if we picked up a loan signing towards the end of the window. Ideally another winger type. We need another potential game changer from the bench.

Thing is, if all the midfielders and forwards are at full fitness, we should be able to change the team around and have a number of different game changers each game.

Ray previously said there would be 2 last minute signings at the end of the window which i hope are a winger and target man.

Arabdownsouth
24-08-2017, 05:57 AM
Thing is, if all the midfielders and forwards are at full fitness, we should be able to change the team around and have a number of different game changers each game.

Ray previously said there would be 2 last minute signings at the end of the window which i hope are a winger and target man.

When did he say that? Recently?

SmedDUm
24-08-2017, 07:06 AM
When did he say that? Recently?

Would be good if he has said that.
Maybe wouldn't be the icing on the cake, more the jam on the toast.
What I mean is we're needing a little more but not an awful lot & realistically that's all we're going to get anyway.
Maybe more importantly the new team is needing to blend & there were disappointing signs on Saturday that's far away from happening yet.
Maybe what we need is a player who can provide a spark, a flair player who can nullify a packed opposition defence & defensive midfield.
Is Kris Commons available?

Whitfieldarab
24-08-2017, 09:12 AM
Would be good if he has said that.
Maybe wouldn't be the icing on the cake, more the jam on the toast.
What I mean is we're needing a little more but not an awful lot & realistically that's all we're going to get anyway.
Maybe more importantly the new team is needing to blend & there were disappointing signs on Saturday that's far away from happening yet.
Maybe what we need is a player who can provide a spark, a flair player who can nullify a packed opposition defence & defensive midfield.
Is Kris Commons available?

IMO I think we have enough flair in our squad for this league they just need to get match fit then they'll click. What we need is an enforcer either in midfield or up front or both.

What's Ritchie Ryan doing? :o