PDA

View Full Version : Sam Gallagher

boltonblade
22-08-2017, 07:42 AM
Signed for Birmingham for the season. Wasn't he a strong rumoured target for us? We need a striker. Now who?

shorehamoldboy
22-08-2017, 08:57 AM
would have been a great signing for us and i think chris was interested but these prem clubs demanding big money even for a season long loan so dont think we ever had a chance of getting him

GuancheBlade
22-08-2017, 10:46 AM
would have been a great signing for us and i think chris was interested but these prem clubs demanding big money even for a season long loan so dont think we ever had a chance of getting him

Yeah it's not like we have an additional £5m of unanticipated in-comings floating around the coffers or anything.

Carpe_diem
22-08-2017, 10:47 AM
Yeah it's not like we have an additional £5m of unanticipated in-comings floating around the coffers or anything.

No no no, all that money is already earmarked on wages, running the academy, that kind of thing. It's a good job we got that unanticipated money, eh? We'd presumably have gone bust otherwise, as it's not like we get any money from TV appearances, ticket sales, sponsorship or anything along those lines.

rodcurrie
22-08-2017, 11:50 AM
No no no, all that money is already earmarked on wages, running the academy, that kind of thing. It's a good job we got that unanticipated money, eh? We'd presumably have gone bust otherwise, as it's not like we get any money from TV appearances, ticket sales, sponsorship or anything along those lines.We wunt go bust cos the owners stump up to cover any shortfalls Carpe,come on surely you must know that.UTCB

Carpe_diem
22-08-2017, 02:23 PM
So if they were going to anyway surely the windfall from the Harry and Kyle sales can go towards player recruitment? Or is it that it's a bonus in that they don't have to shell out as much?

rodcurrie
22-08-2017, 02:40 PM
So if they were going to anyway surely the windfall from the Harry and Kyle sales can go towards player recruitment? Or is it that it's a bonus in that they don't have to shell out as much?Have they(The board)said it's not or at least some of the "windfall" not bein given for new recruits? Still above a week to go before the window shuts,alot can happen in Politics in a week never mind Footy mi owd pal,can it not? UTCB

GuancheBlade
22-08-2017, 04:10 PM
Have they(The board)said it's not or at least some of the "windfall" not bein given for new recruits? Still above a week to go before the window shuts,alot can happen in Politics in a week never mind Footy mi owd pal,can it not? UTCB

If that were the case then had the Walker/Maguire sales not materialised we wouldn't have made any signings at all... don't believe for one minute Wilder would have turned down the Sunderland job if he'd known he had to wait for sell on clauses at the Lane before being able to bring anyone new in.

Fact is we were always going to sign new players regardless of sell ons. We had a budget and were working to it. Now we have an extra £5m what exactly is happening with it?

shorehamoldboy
22-08-2017, 05:49 PM
rumour is that gallagher costing brum 1.5 mill for season long loan just dont see chris paying that kind of money for a loan signing although he would have been a fantastic addition to our strike force

Carpe_diem
22-08-2017, 08:12 PM
If that were the case then had the Walker/Maguire sales not materialised we wouldn't have made any signings at all... don't believe for one minute Wilder would have turned down the Sunderland job if he'd known he had to wait for sell on clauses at the Lane before being able to bring anyone new in.

Fact is we were always going to sign new players regardless of sell ons. We had a budget and were working to it. Now we have an extra £5m what exactly is happening with it?

Careful Guanche you're not a TRUE BLADE if you dare to question our glorious leader

shorehamoldboy
22-08-2017, 09:03 PM
one thing is for certain we need to spend on at least 3 quality players in the next 9 days who can go straight in to the first team if necesary

rodcurrie
22-08-2017, 09:51 PM
Careful Guanche you're not a TRUE BLADE if you dare to question our glorious leaderIs that really the best thaz got happy one?:)Did ya enjoy us losin toneet carpe? UTCB

Holden_C
22-08-2017, 10:59 PM
So if they were going to anyway surely the windfall from the Harry and Kyle sales can go towards player recruitment? Or is it that it's a bonus in that they don't have to shell out as much?

Someone put £5.2m into Blades Leisure on 30th June.

I wonder why and who it was?

Carpe_diem
23-08-2017, 06:03 AM
Is that really the best thaz got happy one?:)Did ya enjoy us losin toneet carpe? UTCB

Course I didn't. I only ever want us to win, and I'd like McCabe to prove the likes of me and TT wrong about him by atoning for all his past mistakes and getting us to the Prem and into Europe and keeping us there. Long way to go yet though before his balance sheet is in the black

rodcurrie
23-08-2017, 07:17 AM
Course I didn't. I only ever want us to win, and I'd like McCabe to prove the likes of me and TT wrong about him by atoning for all his past mistakes and getting us to the Prem and into Europe and keeping us there. Long way to go yet though before his balance sheet is in the blackYeah cos before he took over the club we were regularly in Europe weren't we? You wouldn't give him credit for last season and gettin Tufty in,just kept bangin on abart the failures which we all know abart,the difference is most i speak to have been critical of the board(rightly so)but when they get it r8(like last season)they then give praise.Do you honestly think King Kev and the prince don't put any money into the club? If you think/wish they'd put more in,then i can agree to an extent but it's easy to spend other folks money mi thinks.UTCB

Carpe_diem
23-08-2017, 08:04 AM
Yeah cos before he took over the club we were regularly in Europe weren't we? You wouldn't give him credit for last season and gettin Tufty in,just kept bangin on abart the failures which we all know abart,the difference is most i speak to have been critical of the board(rightly so)but when they get it r8(like last season)they then give praise.Do you honestly think King Kev and the prince don't put any money into the club? If you think/wish they'd put more in,then i can agree to an extent but it's easy to spend other folks money mi thinks.UTCB

Are you actually stupid or do you just like arguing?

Of course the club weren't in Europe, but it wasn't me who said 'Europe in five years' was it? A club of our history and size should be challenging with the likes of West Brom, Southampton and Leicester, not being super thankful that we've finally got out of the third tier of the football pyramid but don't own our ground or our academy.

I just can't be bothered to argue with you any more. I'll start giving McCabe credit when he starts to deserve it, not because he's finally got one thing right (and is in danger of blowing that if he doesn't give the manager the money he needs). It's like talking to a brick wall with you and I've got better things to waste my time on.

rodcurrie
23-08-2017, 08:56 AM
Are you actually stupid or do you just like arguing?

Of course the club weren't in Europe, but it wasn't me who said 'Europe in five years' was it? A club of our history and size should be challenging with the likes of West Brom, Southampton and Leicester, not being super thankful that we've finally got out of the third tier of the football pyramid but don't own our ground or our academy.

I just can't be bothered to argue with you any more. I'll start giving McCabe credit when he starts to deserve it, not because he's finally got one thing right (and is in danger of blowing that if he doesn't give the manager the money he needs). It's like talking to a brick wall with you and I've got better things to waste my time on. I'd never claim to be a intellectual high roller mi owd but i believe i'm a fan that'll give credit when someone gets summat r8,i'm always open to other's views even when i disagree with said views unlike you appear to be.I find it hilarious that you of all people accuse me of bein argumentative,absolute classic that.:) By the way tek care of thissen,don't get too upset abart what's said on here it's a forum for folk to share opinions,not North Korea.UTCB

shorehamoldboy
23-08-2017, 10:27 AM
king kev rod better back chris with proper money or i fear the best manager weve had for 20 odd years may well walk

shorehamoldboy
23-08-2017, 11:05 AM
i would like us to get a pacy winger and striker in box to box midfielder and another centre back and i think chris is thinking similar 2 in on loan and 2 permanent would be my guess get thi wallet out king kev and princy

rodcurrie
23-08-2017, 12:24 PM
king kev rod better back chris with proper money or i fear the best manager weve had for 20 odd years may well walk I agree Tufty wants backin owd lad,but whether the backin will be as much as some on various forums want,i doubt it.Rooney's just announced his retirement from International duty by the way,i know alot don't like him but his record sez it all,record scorer for both England and Manure,as well prem titles,Euro champion league,fa cups,league cup and just joined Shearer in the 200 prem club,not too shabby that.UTCB