PDA

View Full Version : Leaving Pittodrie - The Documentary

DonVincenzo (The II)
22-08-2017, 11:23 AM
Quite a good watch this.. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UAf3AjMUVB8

Leopardman1983
22-08-2017, 07:04 PM
Quite a good watch this.. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UAf3AjMUVB8

"Aberdeen fans deserve better" - couldn't agree more Mr. Yule...
"
pittodrie is an old stadium" - so is parkhead, Ibrox, Easter road, hampden and tynecastle.

Please be advised, Westhill is in "the country" - nobody is leaving Pittodrie soon.
New main stand. Problem solved ( pitch, dressing rooms, offices etc)
Don't believe the hype - these people are behaving like it's a done deal - there are very real issues with kingsford- and some of them are insurmountable.

LED
22-08-2017, 07:49 PM
"
pittodrie is an old stadium" - so is parkhead, Ibrox, Easter road, hampden and tynecastle.

Please be advised, Westhill is in "the country" - nobody is leaving Pittodrie soon.
Don't believe the hype - these people are behaving like it's a done deal - there are very real issues with kingsford- and some of them are insurmountable.
Which are insurmountable?

DonVincenzo (The II)
22-08-2017, 08:24 PM
New main stand

Would you kindly just ƒuck off and divide. Your getting a bit boring now :zzz::zzz::zzz:

NewOrleansRed
23-08-2017, 12:14 AM
"

This is indeed getting boring. What makes you more of a ****ing expert than AFC? "Don't believe the hype"? Don't believe your ****e more like.

stansmith
23-08-2017, 02:05 AM
Anyone that blindly follows AFC have anything to back up the Pittodrie can't be redeveloped line?

I'd happily accept it can't if someone showed why.

As leopardman says, biggest issue is the crumbling main stand. Well replace it with a smaller one so the pitch can be extended.

afc1903mad
23-08-2017, 05:07 AM
Anyone that blindly follows AFC have anything to back up the Pittodrie can't be redeveloped line?

I'd happily accept it can't if someone showed why.

As leopardman says, biggest issue is the crumbling main stand. Well replace it with a smaller one so the pitch can be extended.

It's been shown a number of times.
You just don't want to accept it.

stansmith
23-08-2017, 05:43 AM

I haven't seen a single rendering?

slyfox
23-08-2017, 07:45 AM

Problem solved! A new main stand. Perfect.

Capacity reduced, no training facilities, no parking,rest of the stadium crumbling, no atmosphere but we will have a bigger pitch!!!

stansmith
23-08-2017, 07:55 AM
Problem solved! A new main stand. Perfect.

Capacity reduced, no training facilities, no parking,rest of the stadium crumbling, no atmosphere but we will have a bigger pitch!!!

The main issue they're greetin about is having to play European football away from Pittodrie.

So yes, UEFA compliant stadium, nobody has ever struggled to go until this nonsense campaign against Pittodrie, problem solved.

Then we've got till 2034 until the rest is 'unsafe'.

DonVincenzo (The II)
23-08-2017, 08:33 AM
biggest issue is the crumbling main stand. Well replace it with a smaller one so the pitch can be extended.

Oh yeah that the solution.....what a load of ƒucking p1sh.

Have you been in the other 3 stands?
The entire stadium is embarrassing.

Move on to AFC chat or something.

stansmith
23-08-2017, 09:12 AM
Oh yeah that the solution.....what a load of ƒucking p1sh.

Have you been in the other 3 stands?
The entire stadium is embarrassing.

Move on to AFC chat or something.

That is the solution to the pitch and UEFA rooms problem aye.

I've been in the other 3 stands.

The stadium is in a great location, iconic and full of history. I'm embarrassed by people like you not the stadium.

stansmith
23-08-2017, 09:49 AM
I'm embarrassed by people like you

*all our fans who want to move to posh fart tory territory next to a motorway and a stadium with no character

DandiesLegend
23-08-2017, 10:41 AM
*all our fans who want to move to posh fart tory territory next to a motorway and a stadium with no character

Must admit with comments like that you should be embarrassed with yourself.

Poor Poor show.

The comments and nonsense you have come away with reads you are not even a supporter and are instead one of the westhill no crew wanting to block the proposal.

For the record, i am one of the yes crew. Not the location i would like personally although it is far better for me travelling, but the others have been deemed not feasible for a reason, be it infrastructure, finance, etc but its forward thinking and has the everything needed to take the club forward.

Leopardman1983
23-08-2017, 11:12 AM
Would you kindly just ƒuck off and divide. Your getting a bit boring now :zzz::zzz::zzz:

No need to swear.

New training ground at Westhills.

New Main Stand.

Fraction of the price.

What's wrong with that? It's the model other major clubs in Scotland use so surely that makes it a realistic option?

DonVincenzo (The II)
23-08-2017, 11:30 AM
The stadium is in a great location, iconic and full of history.

Great Location - Agree mostly.
Iconic - Agree
Full of History - Agree.

Is that all you have? Really?

Let me indulge you then ya t1t.

Ancient - Just like The Colosseum, except nobody will come to Aberdeen to see it as a relic.
Falling Apart - Literally and unsustainable.
Unsuitable for a professional elite football team in 2017

I could go on but I fear your not not worth it.

kigoretrout
23-08-2017, 11:32 AM
I think this has been done to death. There was a lot of debate on other boards re re-development of Pittodrie with the conclusion apart from a few dissenters that it was a no-goer. Architects planners etc contributed saying that building/safety regs would preclude a proper re-development due to the lack of space. Plus there is the money selling the Pittodrie site would bring in were we to move to a new site. All things considered we require to trust board on this one.

DonVincenzo (The II)
23-08-2017, 11:32 AM
No need to swear

Thanks for revealing yourself as a troglodyte from the Shire.

stansmith
23-08-2017, 11:43 AM
I think this has been done to death. There was a lot of debate on other boards re re-development of Pittodrie with the conclusion apart from a few dissenters that it was a no-goer. Architects planners etc contributed saying that building/safety regs would preclude a proper re-development due to the lack of space. Plus there is the money selling the Pittodrie site would bring in were we to move to a new site. All things considered we require to trust board on this one.

If this were the case and clearly proven, I'd be happy to move to anywhere in the city. Aye really in the city.

I'm perplexed at how everyone can't see how clearly we will never belong at such a location, and how bad it is. It would be the death of football as we know it. Like a w@nky miniature version of West Ham to the Olympic stadium.

kigoretrout
23-08-2017, 12:00 PM
I agree that the ideal scenario would be a city location and there is always the fear that moving further out will impact on attendances. I just don't think that there are any alternative city locations available.

Its not as if we are doing a Wimbledon and moving to Milton Keynes .

Also, although probably not entirely on point, we have the highest travelling support in Scotland so us dons can put up with a bit of inconvenience to follow the team, particularly if its in the best interests of our club rather than another team profiting from our hard earned sheckles.

As long as we have the proper transport infrastructure in place I hope it wouldn't be an issue.

stansmith
23-08-2017, 12:25 PM
I agree that the ideal scenario would be a city location and there is always the fear that moving further out will impact on attendances. I just don't think that there are any alternative city locations available.

Its not as if we are doing a Wimbledon and moving to Milton Keynes .

Also, although probably not entirely on point, we have the highest travelling support in Scotland so us dons can put up with a bit of inconvenience to follow the team, particularly if its in the best interests of our club rather than another team profiting from our hard earned sheckles.

As long as we have the proper transport infrastructure in place I hope it wouldn't be an issue.

It's not just the travel that's the issue.

I really dread to imagine what a bland stadium in that location will be like.

People love stadiums and football for their location and the buzz of going to a game. A long shuttle bus or drive out of the city, surrounded by nothing, is never going to cut it in that regard.

It's simply too far and too soulless to me. It would be football with nothing about it, and dreaded travel for most of those in the city relying on buses.

kigoretrout
23-08-2017, 01:00 PM
I just think these LEGOLAND stadia appear to be the way most clubs who relocate in Scotland are going. I agree Hamilton and St Mirren's stadia are cold grim places. McDermid park is marginally better. I would have hoped a club like Aberdeen could do a bit better than that. I really don't know what to say about the proposed site as I've never been there but as previously stated , the club have said there are no alternatives at this time. Its just bad luck that we just don't have the space to re-develop on site like Hearts and Hibs have been able to do.

Disco Buc
23-08-2017, 01:24 PM
Have to say some good points above .

My opinion is pittodrie has given me many happy memories since the 60s that will stay with me .
Even my grandfather enjoyed his Saturdays in that very same stadium.

But everything in life has its day for me its time to move on and embrace our next move with a sympathetic build to our fans needs .

Its superb there will be a coffee shop a sports bar and even a museum.

Clubs around the world have moved on and so will we .
We have to.

neilthedon
23-08-2017, 02:04 PM
Have to say some good points above .

My opinion is pittodrie has given me many happy memories since the 60s that will stay with me .
Even my grandfather enjoyed his Saturdays in that very same stadium.

But everything in life has its day for me its time to move on and embrace our next move with a sympathetic build to our fans needs .

Its superb there will be a coffee shop a sports bar and even a museum.

Clubs around the world have moved on and so will we .
We have to.

What this plan really needs , is a shuttle Train / Tram / Underground line out to it from the City .

stansmith
23-08-2017, 02:58 PM
What this plan really needs , is a shuttle Train / Tram / Underground line out to it from the City .

If it had that, it would at least prevent the travel from being so sh!t.

It isn't going to though in that location and has no possibility of it in the future. Don't know when everyone will realise what we're left with if this goes ahead but they will eventually.

Getintaethem
23-08-2017, 06:04 PM
If this were the case and clearly proven, I'd be happy to move to anywhere in the city. Aye really in the city.

I'm perplexed at how everyone can't see how clearly we will never belong at such a location, and how bad it is. It would be the death of football as we know it. Like a w@nky miniature version of West Ham to the Olympic stadium.

Where were you when we had a debate about Cove? We actually had a good debate, pros and cons wrt to it.

All you Westhilliers are doing is solidifying the supporters into supporting the plans.

"never belong at such a location"... neither does Westhill... should never have been built there. pull it down I say.

Getintaethem
23-08-2017, 06:07 PM
It's simply too far and too soulless to me.

Should have bought a house in the city then... nae the shire.

Aldo1983
23-08-2017, 06:12 PM
All you Westhilliers are doing is solidifying the supporters into supporting the plans.

"never belong at such a location"... neither does Westhill... should never have been built there. pull it down I say.

Best points I've read on here so far, well said Oscar.

Getintaethem
23-08-2017, 06:20 PM
Best points I've read on here so far, well said Oscar.

thanks Buc.

stansmith
24-08-2017, 01:45 AM
Where were you when we had a debate about Cove? We actually had a good debate, pros and cons wrt to it.

You think I'm a 'westhillier' talking about posh fart tory territory where Aberdeen don't belong? Not occur to you I live in the city? You're all so desperate to seem progressive you aren't stopping to think what a ridiculous idea this is, so I agree with your point about people supporting it because there's opposition. These people can't think for themselves.

I was against Cove and any out of town stadium too. For some reason everyone is lapping up this one which is even worse.

GlezgaRed
24-08-2017, 02:42 AM
New training ground at Westhills.

New Main Stand.

Fraction of the price.

What's wrong with that? It's the model other major clubs in Scotland use so surely that makes it a realistic option?

Definitely the best option, people do not/will not want to travel in shuttle buses and the crowds will suffer for it.
In this world we now live in with everything being made easier and creating a lazier attitude amongst all, the upcoming generations will not accept obstacles of buses or time consuming travel to the outskirts of the city.

stansmith
24-08-2017, 02:51 AM
Definitely the best option, people do not/will not want to travel in shuttle buses and the crowds will suffer for it.
In this world we now live in with everything being made easier and creating a lazier attitude amongst all, the upcoming generations will not accept obstacles of buses or time consuming travel to the outskirts of the city.

I've thought this before and it's very right.

Saw some club official on twitter ask what future generations would want. Well, they're far more lazy and have very low attention spans. A very poorly connected location and sh!t travel is probably not the right option for the future.

Mek
24-08-2017, 09:44 AM
Actually, I made a reply but deleted it.

Fed up of the idiots on here who will only support the club if it suits them directly.

Every single person I personally know that regularly goes to games is in support of the new stadium and facilities. Yes, some would prefer to remain, but they are wise enough and pragmatic enough to realise that a new stadium allows the club to continue to develop in the years ahead and isnt just a short term fix.

Its one thing to disagree with the plans and make suggestions on how things could be improved, its another to purposely fight and argue against the plans with "I dont want to walk anywhere and I think everyone else should agree".

Mason89
24-08-2017, 10:03 AM
they are wise enough and pragmatic enough to realise that a new stadium allows the club to continue to develop in the years ahead and isnt just a short term fix.

It only allows us to develop if it's done well. If it's not, then we're saddled with it for generations. It looks pretty sh1t so far & the clubs approach to it seems to be asking for an awful lot of trust that they'll get it right. I don't don't trust them. They get very little little right.

stansmith
24-08-2017, 10:30 AM
Actually, I made a reply but deleted it.

Fed up of the idiots on here who will only support the club if it suits them directly.

Every single person I personally know that regularly goes to games is in support of the new stadium and facilities. Yes, some would prefer to remain, but they are wise enough and pragmatic enough to realise that a new stadium allows the club to continue to develop in the years ahead and isnt just a short term fix.

Its one thing to disagree with the plans and make suggestions on how things could be improved, its another to purposely fight and argue against the plans with "I dont want to walk anywhere and I think everyone else should agree".

Isn't the issue that people do want to walk to games?

Around 40% of our support live a short jaunt from Pittodrie and it's surrounded by everything you could want to do.

It's not that hard to understand why some can see moving it to where 5% live, surrounded by nothing, is a bad thing. I find it hard to understand why such a large amount think it's not!

I think crowds won't go up and will later fall quite badly.

afc1903mad
24-08-2017, 11:03 AM
Isn't the issue that people do want to walk to games?

Around 40% of our support live a short jaunt from Pittodrie and it's surrounded by everything you could want to do.

It's not that hard to understand why some can see moving it to where 5% live, surrounded by nothing, is a bad thing. I find it hard to understand why such a large amount think it's not!

I think crowds won't go up and will later fall quite badly.

Link for your stats please?
40%, I've not seen that yet.
The AGCC? survey showed that only 12% purely walk to the game, with the remainder 88% taking some form of transport to Pittodrie

With an average crowd of 13k, that means approx 1500 affected fans will need to consider alternative arrangements.
Do you really believe that the lot of them will cut off their nose to spite their face and not watch the Dons?
Is it not possible to attract new / more fans to the club with much better facilities.

You have your blinkered view, which you are entitled to, but it is very clearly in the minority

afc1903mad
24-08-2017, 11:07 AM

Indeed, that is by far and away the perception I have with everyone I have discussed this with.
It's only the Nimbyism else localites that are against the move.
That said, I do recall reading someone living very close to Pittodrie that would have preferred to stay for his own selfish locale reasons but would be on board and go to Kingsford when its finished.

Its way too late.
There has been a public consultation period, views were aired.
Its now time to get behind the clubs proposals

Mason89
24-08-2017, 11:15 AM
There's no doubt there is a bit of nimbyism on the go but I could t give af*ck if they demolished marischal college to make room for the new ground. It can't be sh1t though, otherwise people won't go.

The ground looks sh1t

stansmith
24-08-2017, 11:22 AM
The AGCC? survey showed that only 12% purely walk to the game, with the remainder 88% taking some form of transport to Pittodrie

With an average crowd of 13k, that means approx 1500 affected fans will need to consider alternative arrangements.
Do you really believe that the lot of them will cut off their nose to spite their face and not watch the Dons?
Is it not possible to attract new / more fans to the club with much better facilities.

You have your blinkered view, which you are entitled to, but it is very clearly in the minority

Season ticket distribution

http://i.imgur.com/QmsUc57.png

Certainly isn't only 1500 fans considering alternative arrangements. Everyone will have to go out >to westhill< either by bus or car. The extra cost, inconvenience of location (and removal of social aspect of meeting in town*) and time involved won't have an effect? That doesn't add up.

*55% go to a bar or restaurant before the game...and socialise.

A 700 capacity bar waiting half an hour to get served isn't going to cut it.

neilthedon
24-08-2017, 12:50 PM

As a previous poster said this Westhills thing seems to have polarised the opposite viewpoints. And we`re not getting each side to consider the alternative view for any worth ?

BBlinkered views allround maybe. It`s a 7 hour drive for me to get to a Home game. I park my car somewhere in Aberdeen , and then walk a few miles to Pittodrie . Enjoying nipping into a few hostelries on the way ( Aye, I leave it there overnight Mason !! )
So it`s not just folk falling out their pit in toon and walking to the games. But the City of Aberdeen can accomodate a whole bunch more cars than Kingsford.. And we`ll all have to drive or bus there . As no way will there EVER be enough parking. ?

I had exactly the same reservations about Cove. How do we all get there ?!!

I`m with Mason on how it looks. We`ve seen far far prettier wee Standiums on our Euro jaunts. Maribor ( curse them) have a tidy aand pretty stylish ground. If we`re there forever and a day , it should be Grand looking.

And even if it means involving Wee Krankie ( Alex ? A Word in her Ear ??) There should be a damn well rail link !!!

Impossible I know . !!

fatshaft
24-08-2017, 01:16 PM
It's not just the travel that's the issue.

I really dread to imagine what a bland stadium in that location will be like.

People love stadiums and football for their location and the buzz of going to a game. A long shuttle bus or drive out of the city, surrounded by nothing, is never going to cut it in that regard.

It's simply too far and too soulless to me. It would be football with nothing about it, and dreaded travel for most of those in the city relying on buses.

Sentimental pap.

So, those of us in the country who make up 45% of the attendance can suffer a lifetime of inconvenience, but (some) of the city based supporters who will bus rather than drive will find a 6 mile journey too much for them? Get a grip ye fanny

fatshaft
24-08-2017, 01:20 PM

...but be happy with a far more time consuming journey down to the beach on roads that can't cope? Right enough. Jesus min, not all Dons fans come from the city, and not all city fans come from the east side.

fatshaft
24-08-2017, 01:32 PM
It`s a 7 hour drive for me to get to a Home game. I park my car somewhere in Aberdeen , and then walk a few miles to Pittodrie . Enjoying nipping into a few hostelries on the way ( Aye, I leave it there overnight Mason !! )Well if miles of walking is your thing, park in Skene or Garlogie, and have a few pints there, then > Broadie > Shepherds Rest > Key West > Westhill Inn > Supporters Bar.

fatshaft
24-08-2017, 01:38 PM
Season ticket distribution

http://i.imgur.com/QmsUc57.png

Certainly isn't only 1500 fans considering alternative arrangements. Everyone will have to go out >to westhill< either by bus or car. The extra cost, inconvenience of location (and removal of social aspect of meeting in town*) and time involved won't have an effect? That doesn't add up.

.Where exactly do you think Westhill is? It'll take less time for someone from Mastrick to get to Kingsford than it will Pittodrie, so those who currently go by bus or car, well that's still what they'll do.

The walkers won't be able to walk now, but just because you've always been able to, doesn't mean you're entitled to do that forever.

And guess fit? Some people, like for starters every single one of the 45% from outside the city will have a miles easier trek, so country folk attendance likely to dramatically increase.

neilthedon
24-08-2017, 02:00 PM
Well if miles of walking is your thing, park in Skene or Garlogie, and have a few pints there, then > Broadie > Shepherds Rest > Key West > Westhill Inn > Supporters Bar.

No thanks. I like the greater choice available in the City.

If push came to shove I`d have a couple in the Three Lums with my Brother in Law and just walk fromthe Sheds .

Canna be mingling with them Shire folk !!!

DonVincenzo (The II)
24-08-2017, 02:05 PM
To be honest, I'd be delighted if some of these ****s above did stop going to the games once the stadium is built.

Mason89
24-08-2017, 02:07 PM
A teuchters vs toonsers square go seems to be the fairest way to settle this

stansmith
24-08-2017, 02:14 PM
Sentimental pap.

So, those of us in the country who make up 45% of the attendance can suffer a lifetime of inconvenience, but (some) of the city based supporters who will bus rather than drive will find a 6 mile journey too much for them? Get a grip ye fanny

You're more concerned about golf and live around Kingsford. Opinion invalid.

Leave Aberdeen FC to football fans in the city.

Where exactly do you think Westhill is? It'll take less time for someone from Mastrick to get to Kingsford than it will Pittodrie, so those who currently go by bus or car, well that's still what they'll do.

Which is great if you only go straight to the game. Not many do.

notinmyname
24-08-2017, 02:25 PM
And we`ll all have to drive or bus there . As no way will there EVER be enough parking. ?

I genuinely think this projection of 'hassle' is due to the unknown... not all bus links are bad. Trams slower than the bus in Edinburgh to the airport... Luton airport has no rail so there is a 10/15min bus journey to the station that is prioritised ahead of other traffic and in pretty painless. These things are possible but difficult to imagine in the abstract (bus full of people singing on the way to the game isn't bad unless you're a bit fragile from the night before)

And even if it means involving Wee Krankie ( Alex ? A Word in her Ear ??) There should be a damn well rail link !!!

...my one complaint is that once Cove failed, sites with rail travel should gave been worked out (and maybe were and there were none) between the council and the club. Looking at the proposed 70m branch to AECC and airport something around there might have been an idea... BUT we can all have pub discussions... until you are in the hot seat with real choices and discussions and barriers and jobsworths etc it doesn't matter. Is there a magic solution somewhere - maybe but unlikely so we just need to look at what is currently on offer Vs. the status quo and support what the club in trying to join the 21st century.

2c as always

notinmyname
24-08-2017, 02:26 PM
A teuchters vs toonsers square go seems to be the fairest way to settle this

You realise the teuchters will bring 4x4s.... :P

neilthedon
24-08-2017, 02:53 PM
You realise the teuchters will bring 4x4s.... :P

Hard to get a decent grip round a piece of wood that size.

stansmith
24-08-2017, 02:58 PM
To be honest, I'd be delighted if some of these ****s above did stop going to the games once the stadium is built.

Aye, they'll be replaced by a few hundred solo car driving "fit else do people go to football for" folk like fatshaft. Some day out that will be.

fatshaft
24-08-2017, 02:59 PM
You're more concerned about golf and live around Kingsford. Opinion invalid..You walk to games now, opinion invalid

Getintaethem
24-08-2017, 10:05 PM
Well, they're far more lazy and have very low attention spans.

What's yer point? I got bored half way through reading this.

Leopardman1983
25-08-2017, 05:37 AM

Can you enlighten me as to which Architects contributed on this issue because as far as im aware AFC have never asked asked any firm of architects to execute a feasibility study. There clearly is space and to include 'safety regs' as a factor just doesn't add up.
It shouldn't just be swept under the carpet because if the decision goes against kingsford - the club will need a plan b. All business plans need contingency measures.

afc1903mad
25-08-2017, 09:19 AM
Can you enlighten me as to which Architects contributed on this issue because as far as im aware AFC have never asked asked any firm of architects to execute a feasibility study. There clearly is space and to include 'safety regs' as a factor just doesn't add up.
It shouldn't just be swept under the carpet because if the decision goes against kingsford - the club will need a plan b. All business plans need contingency measures.

I recall reading that if the decision goes against Kingsford, plan b (although probably now more like plan e) will be to relocate to the shire i.e. Blackburn.
If the city does not accept this development opportunity, probably the shire will.

Pacman1903
25-08-2017, 09:20 AM
I recall reading that if the decision goes against Kingsford, plan b (although probably now more like plan e) will be to relocate to the shire i.e. Blackburn.
If the city does not accept this development opportunity, probably the shire will.

Meldrum would be great

afc1903mad
25-08-2017, 09:20 AM
What's yer point? I got bored half way through reading this.

:star::star::star::star:

Well said sir

afc1903mad
25-08-2017, 09:27 AM
Meldrum would be great

Your not a NIMBY then ;)
Kingsford may not be ideal, I doubt you can get a solution that suits all.
I do fear the options if Kingsford is rejected though

Pacman1903
25-08-2017, 09:42 AM
Your not a NIMBY then ;)
Kingsford may not be ideal, I doubt you can get a solution that suits all.
I do fear the options if Kingsford is rejected though

Nah. Theres heaps of land oot the back of me. Get it built. Free beers at mine pre game

Rochead
25-08-2017, 10:54 AM
Nah. Theres heaps of land oot the back of me. Get it built. Free beers at mine pre game

Very kind of you sir, is that offer open even when you are working away?

Pacman1903
25-08-2017, 11:05 AM
Very kind of you sir, is that offer open even when you are working away?

Aye ill leave a key under the plant pot and my season ticket on kitchen table for anyones use

eastnuekdon
25-08-2017, 11:33 AM
Given that we take probably 6 or 7 thousand fans down the road to scumdee when we are playing there is it likely folk will turn there noses up at driving a few miles to Westhill??? Seriously get a grip and stop pishing your pants. I'm sure it'll be hellish having to go to a purpose built brand new multi million pound stadium but I think our fans will just about cope with it.

Mason89
25-08-2017, 11:46 AM
Given that we take probably 6 or 7 thousand fans down the road to scumdee.

We don't

phuxachemin
25-08-2017, 12:30 PM
Sentimental pap.

It may be 6 miles as the craw flies but not as the bus travels. Maist city dwellers will currently be taking a single bus to town and can walk the short distance. Me, I can tak the bus or walk (40 minutes thanks to the diamond bridge).
Based on current bus schedules it will tak me 80 minutes to get there with 2 buses and possibly longer back. For a home game and a city dweller I dinna want to spend longer on public transport than I do at a home game.
As for the supporters bar I hope it's a feckin tardis as a lot of folk are building this up to have enough room to cover the entire home support.
As for the walk far Mastrick being shorter to Kingsford, well the distance is pretty much the same walking distance between current and proposed sites. round about an hour depending on your legs.

Mason89
25-08-2017, 12:34 PM
What's the bets you only get into the supporters bar with your diamond encrusted platinum season ticket.

mastrick1960
25-08-2017, 12:52 PM
Sentimental pap.

Only one fanny on this site mr fatshaft...
Next time you park at the east end club step in side for a drink and ask the patrons if they are in favour of kingsford ...as for all you chechters having being inconvenienced all these years for having to travel in to the city to support the club ...😂😂😂.....Fvck off ya tube

kigoretrout
25-08-2017, 01:07 PM

I was speaking from memory. There are literally hundreds of posts, I think on Afc Chat or maybe Donstalk or both where the lack of feasible space for redeveloping Pittodrie was being debated. This is of course simply in relation to the Stadium not the training facilities which is a big part of the club's argument for moving as well.

The lack of space position has previously come from the club. I can't direct you to a quote. There were posters on there who were Architects Planners etc most of whom were agreeing with the clubs position.

PittodriePile
25-08-2017, 01:22 PM
Having lived in the shire for 25 years of my life, traveling in to games was the norm. I moved in to Aberdeen 2 years ago, to Merkland Lane. Now the club want to move and I support it. Of course I could cry for selfish reasons to stay put, but you have to look at the bigger picture. We all want the best for our club and although the plans aren't perfect, they will never be tailor made for every man, child, woman and their dogs. We need to support and move forward.

neilthedon
25-08-2017, 01:25 PM
What's the bets you only get into the supporters bar with your diamond encrusted platinum season ticket.

Well that`ll soften the blow of the extra money for the Black & Gold. A Free shirt AND entry to the Bar . Yahoo !!

Will it be Tennants though , or Peroni ??

afc1903mad
25-08-2017, 01:30 PM
Having lived in the shire for 25 years of my life, traveling in to games was the norm. I moved in to Aberdeen 2 years ago, to Merkland Lane. Now the club want to move and I support it. Of course I could cry for selfish reasons to stay put, but you have to look at the bigger picture. We all want the best for our club and although the plans aren't perfect, they will never be tailor made for every man, child, woman and their dogs. We need to support and move forward.

There's a lot of greeting from only a few in here

Totally agree with your last sentence.
COME ON YOU REDS!

#AllForAurora

fatshaft
25-08-2017, 01:35 PM
Only one fanny on this site mr fatshaft...
Next time you park at the east end club step in side for a drink and ask the patrons if they are in favour of kingsford ...as for all you chechters having being inconvenienced all these years for having to travel in to the city to support the club ...������.....Fvck off ya tube
Just repeated my point. Those who have had it easy throwing a paddy. Now others will have it easier to travel, and many will now be able to walk, just as there is at Pittodrie. It's just who gets which travel option changes.

Other than selfishness, I don't see the issue.

What's certain, if we're forced to look elsewhere it's only going to be worse for the ones moaning now, cos it'll be Portlethen or Blackburn, maybe Dyce if yer affa lucky. it's nae going anywhere in the east that's for sure.

fatshaft
25-08-2017, 01:35 PM

There's a lot of greeting from only a few in here

Totally agree with your last sentence.
COME ON YOU REDS!

#AllForAurora

:star::star:

Aldo1983
25-08-2017, 02:57 PM
Well that`ll soften the blow of the extra money for the Black & Gold. A Free shirt AND entry to the Bar . Yahoo !!

Will it be Tennants though , or Peroni ??

Harp

neilthedon
25-08-2017, 03:03 PM
Harp

Harp !! Well it is the Shire. Maybe you`ll still get Tartan Special and Breaker Malt there too ?

Or Furstenburg !! Brillaint .

notinmyname
25-08-2017, 03:25 PM
As for the supporters bar I hope it's a feckin tardis as a lot of folk are building this up to have enough room to cover the entire home support.

I doubt it would be the only provision... it's hard to give examples from Scottish Football as there isn't proper space around the stadia but if you look at

http://www.scottishrugby.org/sites/default/files/editor/images/6nations/6n16_3dmap_france.jpg

...there are a bunch of bars / food places etc that are available ijn addition to the permanent bars. Its an upgrade on the burger vans etc if we are going to do this properly then it'll be fine.

stansmith
25-08-2017, 03:31 PM
...as for all you chechters having being inconvenienced all these years for having to travel in to the city to support the club ...������.....Fvck off ya tube

Really is spectacular all the people that don't live in Aberdeen complaining about having to go into Aberdeen to watch Aberdeen.

Kingsford will ruin the club.

sheepcrooky
25-08-2017, 03:47 PM
Can we close this bloody thread. We have one already. The documentary is great, but can the OP link it into the main thread.

Stansmith and Leopardman from Westhill can then direct their ire at one thread.

afc1903mad
25-08-2017, 03:56 PM
Can we close this bloody thread. We have one already. The documentary is great, but can the OP link it into the main thread.

Stansmith and Leopardman from Westhill can then direct their ire at one thread.

Indeed, they are simply spamming with the same message.
They've made their point, they are not winning any more across to their point of view.
If anything they are strengthening the resolve of the majority of fans who see this as an opportunity to progress the club

redscot
25-08-2017, 04:04 PM
The "shuttle buses" thing cracks me up, its a phucking disaster waiting to happen.

I wouldnt trust Milne an inch..

stansmith
25-08-2017, 04:12 PM
The "shuttle buses" thing cracks me up, its a phucking disaster waiting to happen.

I wouldnt trust Milne an inch..

It is indeed total fantasy and barely even a solution for a couple of games never mind forever.

afc1903mad
25-08-2017, 04:34 PM

Its an option, there are alternatives.
What is so disastrous about shuttle buses anyway?
Didn't bother me using them when at Disneyland with a lot more visitors.

But if that is too comical for you, I notice Olympic Lyon stadium is 16.2Km (10 miles) from the centre by fastest route (12Km as the crow flies), whilst Kingsford is 6 miles (10Km) from Union Street
Guess what, they run buses for 2.5 hours before the game and 1 hour after the game.

However, the Eurexpo park and ride (P+R) will be available for UEFA EURO 2016 spectators on matchdays, with dedicated shuttle buses to the stadium

Nice's Allianz Riviera is 11Km from the centre of Nice.
Guess what, they run special shuttle buses too

GETTING TO THE STADIUM
The best way of getting from the city centre or railway station to the stadium is by public transport.
Special shuttle buses will run from the following locations to the stadium:
City centre and fan zone
Nice-Ville railway station
Nice airport
MIN park and ride (P+R)

Just a couple of examples of similar distanced stadiums from the centre of their respective cities who utilise shuttle buses on match days.

afc1903mad
25-08-2017, 04:36 PM
It is indeed total fantasy and barely even a solution for a couple of games never mind forever.

No, its reality as per the examples I just gave above.

Whats your next moot argument?

redscot
25-08-2017, 05:00 PM
"Disneyland" XD thats about right.

afc1903mad
25-08-2017, 05:10 PM
"Disneyland" XD thats about right.

Yeah, you have to laugh at some of these protests.

What about the Lyon or Nice examples I gave, no comment on them?

redscot
25-08-2017, 05:37 PM

Nice,Lyon and Disneyland XD...i could not give one phuck.

We are talking about Aberdeen FC and i think it would be a disaster to move and rely on shuttle busses and the like...

Pacman1903
25-08-2017, 05:37 PM

Swissproarena had shuttle busses which dropped me right in the middle of Luzern. Ootside a boozer too. Handy as f@ck

They have a tidy as f@ck stadium being a key difference though

afc1903mad
25-08-2017, 05:47 PM
Nice,Lyon and Disneyland XD...i could not give one phuck.

We are talking about Aberdeen FC and i think it would be a disaster to move and rely on shuttle busses and the like...

Yet you can't quantify the disaster perception.
Other clubs successfully deploy and your response shows that you cannot articulate validity for your argument.

afc1903mad
25-08-2017, 05:48 PM
Swissproarena had shuttle busses which dropped me right in the middle of Luzern. Ootside a boozer too. Handy as f@ck

It's good that you bring up another example which you found to be positive in using shuttle buses.

As for the stadium asthetics, that's a different discussion point

afc1903mad
25-08-2017, 05:52 PM

Just did a quick google check of the stadium, what made it so good in your opinion.
Looks pretty similar to me in terms of the wrap around stands, flat roof, seating angles etc.
Change the gold to red and there you have it

redscot
25-08-2017, 05:58 PM
Yet you can't quantify the disaster perception.
Other clubs successfully deploy and your response shows that you cannot articulate validity for your argument.

Jeezo XD

Pacman1903
25-08-2017, 06:38 PM
Just did a quick google check of the stadium, what made it so good in your opinion.
Looks pretty similar to me in terms of the wrap around stands, flat roof, seating angles etc.
Change the gold to red and there you have it

Looks nothing like it. Its a bowl and doesn't have the after thought looking filled in corners. As ive said, I have no issue with location as I'm going to go, but I don't want a sh@te stadium.

Shuttle busses are a good idea. Luzern did it, I noticed Young Boys did too but I didn't need there. Bumping the train(Valerenga) is also handy but we winna get the chance to do that. I don't see the issues with the bus idea.

Out of interest how will the train using away fans get there?

Also notice Bristol City are on the box. Check oot Ashton Gate for yourselves. Its nae great

Mason89
25-08-2017, 06:43 PM
I was just going to bring up the away fans. Any consideration for them at all?

Can't see too many wanting to spend 3 hours on a train to take a bus at the end of it.

erzmi
25-08-2017, 10:09 PM
Been at nice stadium shuttle bus only took you so far then had to walk 2km. Took about 1hr from town. Although they plan to have a tram built to it.

LED
25-08-2017, 10:42 PM

I don't know how old you are but back in the 70,s and 80,s we had shuttle buses to pittodrie. Not everyone had a car then. They worked just fine and we all got used to them.

LED
25-08-2017, 10:47 PM
My two favourite grounds to visit are caley and McDermott park. Straight on the dual carriageway and home. Just like what we will have. Instead of spending an hour crawling through Aberdeen or Glasgow or even Dundee. Edinburgh is also a nightmare.

Mr_Grieves
25-08-2017, 10:59 PM

Can't see too many wanting to spend 3 hours on a train to take a bus at the end of it.

Do the trains fae Dundee, Perth and Embra take 3 hours to get to Aberdeen ?

The majority of away fans arrive on supporters buses to Pittodrie. On the Kingsford plans there's parking space for 60 buses behind the away end.

LED
25-08-2017, 11:07 PM

The majority of away fans arrive on supporters buses to Pittodrie. On the Kingsford plans there's parking space for 60 buses behind the away end.
Correct. They then have to drive no more than 1 mile and they are straight onto the new bypass.
No more police escorts upto andy drive and over the dee and out. Much less hassle.

Mr_Grieves
25-08-2017, 11:09 PM
Looks nothing like it. Its a bowl and doesn't have the after thought looking filled in corners. As ive said, I have no issue with location as I'm going to go, but I don't want a sh@te stadium.

Shuttle busses are a good idea. Luzern did it, I noticed Young Boys did too but I didn't need there. Bumping the train(Valerenga) is also handy but we winna get the chance to do that. I don't see the issues with the bus idea.

Out of interest how will the train using away fans get there?

Also notice Bristol City are on the box. Check oot Ashton Gate for yourselves. Its nae great

The shuttle buses will only be OK if they've got a cludgie on them !

Its only the Sooth Stand at Ashton Gate that Kingsford is based on - which looks fine to me.

Mason89
26-08-2017, 12:21 AM

Do any other teams play in the league, or is it just from the east coast? Judging by the numbers they bring up, they already look like they can barely be @rsed

BorneoRed
26-08-2017, 02:08 AM

Its only the Sooth Stand at Ashton Gate that Kingsford is based on - which looks fine to me.

Totally agree, what is wrong with that? Compare that to the Merkland.

Same old people loves to moan, with kunts to lazy to travel to Kingsford, and one from weegie land that moans about everything related with the Dons no matter what it is.

As mentioned many times before, no matter what kind of stadium we build or where it is sited, people will moan.

Get the thing passed and built.

afc1903mad
26-08-2017, 04:35 AM

It seems your issue is with the corners, but to put in rounded corners to replicate the "bowl" effect takes away the supporters bar, hospitality and control room from the club.

It's all about compromise and I personally don't think we should compromise the benefits currently in the plans that a few thousand corner seats would bring, which would unlikely be used in the bulk of the games.

afc1903mad
26-08-2017, 04:40 AM
Do any other teams play in the league, or is it just from the east coast? Judging by the numbers they bring up, they already look like they can barely be @rsed

Seriously. Your moan is now about travel for west coast supporters team who arrive in sufficient numbers.
God knows Hamilton and Patrick don't bring through great numbers.
I've heard it all now.

Incidentally, don't the gruesome twosome travelling support mainly arrive on supporters buses, which is catered for

afc1903mad
26-08-2017, 04:41 AM

Same old people loves to moan, with kunts to lazy to travel to Kingsford, and one from weegie land that moans about everything related with the Dons no matter what it is.

As mentioned many times before, no matter what kind of stadium we build or where it is sited, people will moan.

Get the thing passed and built.

Totally agree.
#AllForAurora

Mason89
26-08-2017, 06:00 AM
It seems your issue is with the corners, but to put in rounded corners to replicate the "bowl" effect takes away the supporters bar, hospitality and control room from the club.

Only because the design is shyte. Do bowl shaped stadiums not have bars, hospitality & control rooms?

Mason89
26-08-2017, 06:05 AM
Seriously. Your moan is now about travel for west coast supporters team who arrive in sufficient numbers.
God knows Hamilton and Patrick don't bring through great numbers.
I've heard it all now.

Incidentally, don't the gruesome twosome travelling support mainly arrive on supporters buses, which is catered for

Every second week people on here count the away fans, moan about how shyte they are compared to us & how the atmospheres crap. This will be the best opportunity the club will ever have to improve that. Surely the more fans that are there, the better it is for AFC?

stansmith
26-08-2017, 06:18 AM

It's all about compromise and I personally don't think we should compromise the benefits currently in the plans that a few thousand corner seats would bring, which would unlikely be used in the bulk of the games.

That's because that's where they've put them. They don't have to be there.

Is that the benchmark for a new stadium? Better than the Merkland?

Once in 200 years opportunity and we build the most generic characterless stadium ever made

http://www.footballgroundguide.com/images/image/product/property-thumb/south-stand-ashton-gate-bristol-city-1493917840.jpg

instead of something spectacular every time you stand in it. Actually when redeveloping, Bristol deliberately made each stand different.

Pacman1903
26-08-2017, 06:57 AM

It is partly to do with the corners. They do look sh@t and as if they were added in after. I would like to sit in the corner as thats my prefered view of a pitch. Ive sat in the Y for years. I would hate our new stadium to look sh@te and ill reiterate i think it does. Do the corners look sh@te to cram in the bar*, control room etc it seems to be the case. Thats bad planning then and they obviously added the seats after. Which suggests its just been chucked together. The look of a stadium counts for alot. We dont want a keech looking home for the next 100 years or whatever

*winna be used by me now i will have to drive every game. My experience for the fitba has dwindled. Nae that going to Pittodrie is anything special

All for Aurora. Not me im afraid. It wont stop me watching the team. Im in the #f@cksakelldoitifihaveto camp.

KingswellsRed
26-08-2017, 07:18 AM
Every second week people on here count the away fans, moan about how shyte they are compared to us & how the atmospheres crap. This will be the best opportunity the club will ever have to improve that. Surely the more fans that are there, the better it is for AFC?

The stadium is being built for Aberdeen fans rather than away fans. We are not Kilmarnock. No away team should get more than 1000 tickets apart from Scottish Cup games where 20% needs to be given.

Pacman1903
26-08-2017, 07:22 AM
The stadium is being built for Aberdeen fans rather than away fans. We are not Kilmarnock. No away team should get more than 1000 tickets apart from Scottish Cup games where 20% needs to be given.

Another interesting point. I wonder if the cheeks will get better treatment than the rest like they used to

Mason89
26-08-2017, 07:27 AM

It's a good job for us that the other clubs in the league don't have that attitude. No way we could polish our own helmet about our away support then.

I take we can expect the home end full every week, if we're limiting the away support?

KingswellsRed
26-08-2017, 07:39 AM
It's a good job for us that the other clubs in the league don't have that attitude. No way we could polish our own helmet about our away support then.

I take we can expect the home end full every week, if we're limiting the away support?

The only clubs who would take more than 1000 other than very occasionally are Celtic and Sevco. It will be our stadium and should be kept that way.

Mason89
26-08-2017, 07:44 AM
A local ground for local people.

BorneoRed
26-08-2017, 08:32 AM
That's because that's where they've put them. They don't have to be there.

Is that the benchmark for a new stadium? Better than the Merkland?

Once in 200 years opportunity and we build the most generic characterless stadium ever made

http://www.footballgroundguide.com/images/image/product/property-thumb/south-stand-ashton-gate-bristol-city-1493917840.jpg

instead of something spectacular every time you stand in it. Actually when redeveloping, Bristol deliberately made each stand different.

Stansmith, you are one ***in clown. I am comparing that end of the ground to our very own merkland, which in anyones eyes is a million times better. You and you buddy leopard dick should just go (suspicion that you are the same person)
AFC does not need fans like you, who are too damn lazy and backward thinking to support what all Scottish fans, not just Aberdeen fans, can see it desperately required for AFC, no matter where the stadium is. But, hey, lets keep idiots like you happy and buy one of the ACC areas or parks and plonk the new stadium there, just so you don't have to travel the 7km.

Mason89
26-08-2017, 08:47 AM
Nice

There's legitimate concerns over the new ground. There shouldn't be. They've had 20 odd years to plan the thing.

Getintaethem
26-08-2017, 09:17 AM
There are two concerns.

1) The design of the ground
2) Moving to Kingswells

The design that is in will be a provisional design. Once planning has been granted the club will presumably need to put in detailed designs around the stadium itself. They will have plenty of time to do this as the first phase will be the training facilities and these wont change much. At this time, we can all argue our tits off about the detailed design and whether the stadium is any good or not. We will also be able to put our views to the club as to what we want in the stadium etc.

Therefore, given that we know we need to move and that Kingswells is the only place available to move - back the plans! Do not play into the hands of the westhilliers that have no logical argument other than "not in my back yard".

stansmith
26-08-2017, 09:21 AM
Stansmith, you are one ***in clown. I am comparing that end of the ground to our very own merkland, which in anyones eyes is a million times better. You and you buddy leopard dick should just go (suspicion that you are the same person)
AFC does not need fans like you, who are too damn lazy and backward thinking to support what all Scottish fans, not just Aberdeen fans, can see it desperately required for AFC, no matter where the stadium is. But, hey, lets keep idiots like you happy and buy one of the ACC areas or parks and plonk the new stadium there, just so you don't have to travel the 7km.

Aye that's exactly what I said.

You're also completely wrong in all Scottish fans seeing it as desperately required. Almost every other fanbase think it's a shocking move.

Mason89
26-08-2017, 09:29 AM
There are two concerns.

1) The design of the ground
2) Moving to Kingswells

The design that is in will be a provisional design. Once planning has been granted the club will presumably need to put in detailed designs around the stadium itself. They will have plenty of time to do this as the first phase will be the training facilities and these wont change much. At this time, we can all argue our tits off about the detailed design and whether the stadium is any good or not. We will also be able to put our views to the club as to what we want in the stadium etc.

Therefore, given that we know we need to move and that Kingswells is the only place available to move - back the plans! Do not play into the hands of the westhilliers that have no logical argument other than "not in my back yard".

I honestly couldnt give a single sh1t about anyone in Westhill complaining but if they're building it there, it has to be pretty special for people to make the effort. I'm also concerned about the funding, the running cost of the training facilities, the choice of architects, what we're left with after the novelty wears off & the fact that Milne is a bungling amateur who has been a constant cluster f*ck for AFC & has the potential to keep f*cking us up for generations

Apart from that, everything's groovy

Pacman1903
26-08-2017, 09:39 AM
I dinna think it will happen anyway

red_mist
26-08-2017, 09:40 AM

Good picture - shows what exactly what new stadium SHOULD NOT have - shallow raked stands & big distance from stand to pitch.

Sort these and out its a goer!

Pacman1903
26-08-2017, 09:50 AM
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-north-east-orkney-shetland-40999400

Just noticed this. Who the moron. Own up

Getintaethem
26-08-2017, 10:00 AM
I honestly couldnt give a single sh1t about anyone in Westhill complaining but if they're building it there, it has to be pretty special for people to make the effort. I'm also concerned about the funding, the running cost of the training facilities, the choice of architects, what we're left with after the novelty wears off & the fact that Milne is a bungling amateur who has been a constant cluster f*ck for AFC & has the potential to keep f*cking us up for generations

Apart from that, everything's groovy

Not saying that any of this is wrong. But this would be the same wherever the stadium is.

For me, I would have rather got people that have been pretty impressive facilities of a similar size around the world. A lot of the issues is also because the Council is a constant cluster f*ck and instead of doing all they can to promote a large investment they make it so difficult that if we were not tied to the area, any other business would have gone...f*ck you, I will go somewhere that wants my investment.

As for the costs, the stadium tax on residents in Westhill that will benefit from having such a great community asset next to them should cover it.

afc1903mad
26-08-2017, 10:01 AM

Another interesting point. I wonder if the cheeks will get better treatment than the rest like they used to

It is an interesting point.
I'd hope that we minimise the away support, like Hearts do.
What would the "away" end likely hold?
I'd guess roughly 3000 behind the goals, with 7000 along the sides / corners.
Apart from the two arse cheeks, we do not sell out enough, but I'd love to restrict them to 1000 seats with us taking up the rest

Getintaethem
26-08-2017, 10:02 AM
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-north-east-orkney-shetland-40999400

Just noticed this. Who the moron. Own up

I don't even understand the comment... shows how naive I am. :?

afc1903mad
26-08-2017, 10:06 AM
I dinna think it will happen anyway

I hope it does, I fear for the options should it fail.
What then will StanSmith and Leopardman (Jekyll and Hyde ;))think if its then opted for the shire as opposed to within the city boundaries

afc1903mad
26-08-2017, 10:11 AM
It is partly to do with the corners. They do look sh@t and as if they were added in after. I would like to sit in the corner as thats my prefered view of a pitch. Ive sat in the Y for years.

I get it, you prefer the corner view.
The positives is that you only have 1 option at the moment in an uncovered area, but you will have 4 corners to choose from in the new stadium and potentially a good bit drier than at our last home game.

Pacman1903
26-08-2017, 10:12 AM
I get it, you prefer the corner view.
The positives is that you only have 1 option at the moment in an uncovered area, but you will have 4 corners to choose from in the new stadium and potentially a good bit drier than at our last home game.

I survived Lokomotiv Moscow. Last saturday was nothing on that

Leopardman1983
26-08-2017, 11:02 AM
What then will StanSmith and Leopardman (Jekyll and Hyde ;))think if its then opted for the shire as opposed to within the city boundaries

Am I Jekyll or Hyde ?

afc1903mad
26-08-2017, 11:59 AM
Am I Jekyll or Hyde ?

I don't know min.
It was a throwaway comment based on another posters comment.

I do note that you only post in here to voice your objections to the stadium and plans.

Pacman1903
26-08-2017, 12:19 PM
I don't even understand the comment... shows how naive I am. :?

I took it as wiping out some nimbys ISIS style at Westhill. Maybe im wrong though

Pacman1903
26-08-2017, 12:20 PM

If it happens then fair dos but ive just had a feeling that this will end up tits up like Loriston and the saga will continue

Jupiter
26-08-2017, 01:36 PM
I've always said it's not going to happen, even if they do get planning permission, because they can't tell us where the money is coming from.

Leopardman1983
26-08-2017, 06:04 PM
I don't know min.
It was a throwaway comment based on another posters comment.

I do note that you only post in here to voice your objections to the stadium and plans.

That's because I think it's an existential threat to AFC.
Anyway, I'm going to stop now and leave you to it. I can see from your posts that you are passionate about AFC and I respect that.
Stand Free

DonVincenzo (The II)
26-08-2017, 09:50 PM
Right, now we already had a very thorough and deep Stadium thread....and nobody has even commented on the documentary yet.

How predictable.

Landvetter83
27-08-2017, 09:03 AM

Mason, I just have to shake my head at what you've written here. Personally I couldn't give a rats @rse how many away fans there are at our home games. The club have absolutely no obligation whatsoever to increase the away support. What they DO have is an obligation to increase the HOME support ...

Landvetter83
27-08-2017, 09:05 AM
Right, now we already had a very thorough and deep Stadium thread....and nobody has even commented on the documentary yet.

How predictable.

That would be because the linky to the documentary was posted on the other, MAIN, stadium thread .... by me .... and it garnered a couple of comments.

Landvetter83
27-08-2017, 09:08 AM
I've always said it's not going to happen, even if they do get planning permission, because they can't tell us where the money is coming from.

F@@k sake min. Do you really think the club would be going hammer and tongs for this with all the Aurora launch etc. if they weren't confident they could fund it? All you come away with is this ****e, throw-away comment. Wise up!

Mason89
27-08-2017, 09:21 AM
Mason, I just have to shake my head at what you've written here. Personally I couldn't give a rats @rse how many away fans there are at our home games. The club have absolutely no obligation whatsoever to increase the away support. What they DO have is an obligation to increase the HOME support ...

More away fans, better atmosphere, more chance of home fans turning up but at the very least, it's more cash for AFC.

Going off on a wee tangent slightly, just because it popped into my head but Dumbarton have submitted plans to build a stadium entirely with the away support in mind. Ridiculous but there you go

Pacman1903
27-08-2017, 09:28 AM
More away fans, better atmosphere, more chance of home fans turning up but at the very least, it's more cash for AFC.

Going off on a wee tangent slightly, just because it popped into my head but Dumbarton have submitted plans to build a stadium entirely with the away support in mind. Ridiculous but there you go

The away fans at the Rock must have been chuffed as f@ck yesterday

BorneoRed
27-08-2017, 11:04 AM
Dumbarton have submitted plans to build a stadium entirely with the away support in mind. Ridiculous but there you go

What a load of tripe. Care to back that up with some info?

Mason89
27-08-2017, 11:30 AM
What a load of tripe. Care to back that up with some info?

Do you have any info on it yourself, or is calling it tripe just your starting point for the discussion?

I'll be happy to answer any of your questions

BorneoRed
28-08-2017, 02:44 AM
Do you have any info on it yourself, or is calling it tripe just your starting point for the discussion?

I'll be happy to answer any of your questions

Typical answer from you. No clue to what you are talking about, as all your rants about McInnes, Milne, Stadia, etc.

As I don't give a toss about Dumbarton, I have no reason to or have any inclination to look what other clubs are doing, but as I asked you for some solid information, which you obviously cannot come up with, It's tripe.

Best thing you can do is change your avatar to Murdo MacLeod or Tom McAdam in a Dumbarton kit, and follow them.

Mason89
28-08-2017, 07:14 AM
Typical answer from you. No clue to what you are talking about, as all your rants about McInnes, Milne, Stadia, etc.

As I don't give a toss about Dumbarton, I have no reason to or have any inclination to look what other clubs are doing, but as I asked you for some solid information, which you obviously cannot come up with, It's tripe.

Best thing you can do is change your avatar to Murdo MacLeod or Tom McAdam in a Dumbarton kit, and follow them.

Thats fine, I wouldn't expect anyone on here to have any interest or knowledge about the Sons. I just found it odd that you're prepared to call me out for talking pish on a subject that I know more way about than you. All I said was that Dumbarton are planning on building a ground for the benefit of the away support. If you have an argument against that with your vast knowledge of DFC, then fire in.

Sons fans, like everyone else, think McLeods a d1ck by the way. You'll know that already though being the expert :D

afc1903mad
28-08-2017, 08:26 AM
All I said was that Dumbarton are planning on building a ground for the benefit of the away support.

I just googled this and looked at half a dozen pages, but could not see anything referencing this was being built for the away support.
Dumbarton have been successful in getting from the third division to the championship, which has correlated with them increasing their average and highest attendances statistics.
They have an opportunity to move to a new ground and increase the capacity without any financial liability falling on the club.
I would be interested if you can share your knowledge with a link on this being done to facilitate the away support.

Getting back to the link with the dons, the new stadium is not being built with the away support in mind and I repeat my preference to limit tickets for the away supporters.

Mason89
28-08-2017, 08:35 AM
Dumbarton have been successful in getting from the third division to the championship, which has correlated with them increasing their average and highest attendances statistics.

Those attendance figures are being boosted by the away fans as they climbed the leagues. I can assure you, no fan has been locked out from the home end. The ground they're in is only 16 years old & they can't fill it. Why move to a stadium double the size in a swamp?

afc1903mad
28-08-2017, 09:42 AM
Those attendance figures are being boosted by the away fans as they climbed the leagues. I can assure you, no fan has been locked out from the home end. The ground they're in is only 16 years old & they can't fill it. Why move to a stadium double the size in a swamp?

Ok, sounds like its your assertion rather than any links that confirm this is for the away fans.
Even if it is in order to increase its commercial advantage from increased away support.
Maybe its a stepping stone should they be successful in the coming years to get to the Premiership.

Hardly comparable with the Kingsford development

BorneoRed
28-08-2017, 09:54 AM
Thats fine, I wouldn't expect anyone on here to have any interest or knowledge about the Sons. I just found it odd that you're prepared to call me out for talking pish on a subject that I know more way about than you. All I said was that Dumbarton are planning on building a ground for the benefit of the away support. If you have an argument against that with your vast knowledge of DFC, then fire in.

Sons fans, like everyone else, think McLeods a d1ck by the way. You'll know that already though being the expert :D

As I said, please share the info and I will gladly retract my comments.

MacLeod as a pundit is useless. As a player, he was pretty decent.

Mason89
28-08-2017, 10:08 AM
Ok, sounds like its your assertion rather than any links that confirm this is for the away fans.
Even if it is in order to increase its commercial advantage from increased away support.
Maybe its a stepping stone should they be successful in the coming years to get to the Premiership.

Hardly comparable with the Kingsford development

I never said it was comparable although the manner in which they left Boghead is exactly the same. Dumbarton have no intention of going full time or reaching the premier. So why do they need a ground double the size of the ground they have just now, which the home support never sells out?

Mason89
28-08-2017, 10:10 AM
As I said, please share the info and I will gladly retract my comments.

Or better still, why not wait until you've heard the pish before calling it pish? You've got a very topsy turvy way of posting

afc1903mad
28-08-2017, 10:54 AM
I never said it was comparable although the manner in which they left Boghead is exactly the same. Dumbarton have no intention of going full time or reaching the premier.

This doesn't make sense.
Why do they compete in the Championship, if they have no intention of reaching the Premier League?

Going back to 2012-13, Hamilton's average attendance was 1,273, of which Dumbarton's is comparable.

So why do they need a ground double the size of the ground they have just now, which the home support never sells out?

Surely this is a pointer that they do have aspirations to go further than the championship.
As I mentioned above, they appear to have a solution which does not financial liability falling on the club

Mason89
28-08-2017, 11:24 AM
This doesn't make sense.
Why do they compete in the Championship, if they have no intention of reaching the Premier League?

It's because they're a part time club up agai st full time clubs. Their aim is to finish above Brechin & take it from there. Even if there was a miracle & they got promoted, they still wouldn't go full time. They couldn't sustain it. The attendances wouldn't change much either, regardless of the division they're in. It's the same goons that go every week.

You're absolutely right about there being no financial liability on the club but you're wrong about it being a 'solution'. There wasnt a problem. No fan asked for a move, no fan wants a move & nobody can see the need for a move. The size & location of the ground is purely for accommodating away fans, some of which have been locked out in recent seasons (Sevco, Hearts, Hibs, Morton...not the PJMs though :))

afc1903mad
28-08-2017, 12:32 PM
It's because they're a part time club up agai st full time clubs. Their aim is to finish above Brechin & take it from there. Even if there was a miracle & they got promoted, they still wouldn't go full time. They couldn't sustain it. The attendances wouldn't change much either, regardless of the division they're in. It's the same goons that go every week.

You're absolutely right about there being no financial liability on the club but you're wrong about it being a 'solution'. There wasnt a problem. No fan asked for a move, no fan wants a move & nobody can see the need for a move. The size & location of the ground is purely for accommodating away fans, some of which have been locked out in recent seasons (Sevco, Hearts, Hibs, Morton...not the PJMs though :))

You continue to ignore my point regarding Hamilton, who have similar attendance figures.
For them, expanding may mean additional revenue, which means they can improve their team and compete more.
Its about progression for their club.

Nothing to do with Aberdeen, our away support allocation or trying to attract more away fans to Aberdeens new stadium.
You've taken this thread way off on an irrelevant tangent to try and defend your previous posts regarding away fans (IMHO)

Mason89
28-08-2017, 12:42 PM
You continue to ignore my point regarding Hamilton, who have similar attendance figures.
For them, expanding may mean additional revenue, which means they can improve their team and compete more.
Its about progression for their club.

Nothing to do with Aberdeen, our away support allocation or trying to attract more away fans to Aberdeens new stadium.
You've taken this thread way off on an irrelevant tangent to try and defend your previous posts regarding away fans (IMHO)

I'm ignoring it because it isn't relevant. Hamilton are entitled to try for the champions league if they want. That has no bearing at all on what Dumbartons aims are.

It wasn't me that took the thread this direction either but I'm happy to leave it here.

BorneoRed
28-08-2017, 01:23 PM
Or better still, why not wait until you've heard the pish before calling it pish? You've got a very topsy turvy way of posting

Aye min, thought so.

Mason89
28-08-2017, 01:26 PM
Good stuff

afc1903mad
28-08-2017, 02:13 PM
I'm ignoring it because it isn't relevant. Hamilton are entitled to try for the champions league if they want. That has no bearing at all on what Dumbartons aims are.

It wasn't me that took the thread this direction either but I'm happy to leave it here.

It was you that took the thread in this direction, but I'm happy to leave it here too and get back on topic ;)

Mason89
28-08-2017, 02:27 PM
That required too much effort for the end result :)

I didn't mean for the thread to go off on one about the Sons but there you go. It was nice to be schooled on my hometown club, which many of my friends support, with a Sons supporters Trust which I played a tiny part setting up, with a friend who runs it & who are being driven to distraction by this pointless move. I'll tell them you and BorneoRed think they should relax & they'll be in the premier in no time, with three and a half thousand extra fans from somewhere :)

The points about away fans at our new ground are still valid

afc1903mad
28-08-2017, 09:59 PM
The points about away fans at our new ground are still valid

Lol, you're at least a can or two short of a six pack

Pacman1903
28-08-2017, 10:06 PM
Lol,

Dinna min

Anyone who use that is six cans short of a six pack

DonVincenzo (The II)
28-08-2017, 10:48 PM
The Irony of me calling this thread "Leaving Pittodrie - The Documentary' turned out to be an epiphany.
This must be a record, 8 pages and not a single comment about the thread subject.

Starting to yawn here lads.

Pacman1903
28-08-2017, 11:15 PM
It was always going to be a continuation of the last thread. Im sure there will be more threads culminating in the "so whats plan b then" thread

(even though we will be well beyond plan b when this gets rejected)

notinmyname
29-08-2017, 01:19 AM
It was always going to be a continuation of the last thread. Im sure there will be more threads culminating in the "so whats plan b then" thread

It seems the plan b thread is "carry on moaning"

BorneoRed
29-08-2017, 02:04 AM

Hope you are so wrong Pac.

afc1903mad
29-08-2017, 11:37 AM
Dinna min

Anyone who use that is six cans short of a six pack

I'm definitely older than you but able to keep up with the kids of today.
Fits so wrong with 'lol'? If discussing over a few pints in person you'd tell them their having a laugh with such ridiculous statements. In a forum, 'lol' is the accepted term.

How are you with ROFLMAO? ;)

Pacman1903
29-08-2017, 12:08 PM
I'm definitely older than you but able to keep up with the kids of today.
Fits so wrong with 'lol'? If discussing over a few pints in person you'd tell them their having a laugh with such ridiculous statements. In a forum, 'lol' is the accepted term.

How are you with ROFLMAO? ;)

I dont want to know what that is because im 33 and nae 13

Side note- my old boy retired from teaching early as kids were becoming more braindead and thick due to faced@ck and text speak. He had a point