PDA

View Full Version : cud this work

Returnofrros
22-08-2017, 12:21 PM
Re ticket price for Celtic game.

Club looks like it wants to maximise dosh from tic support and don't want to "risk" dropping price and Dee fans don't turn up to make up shortfall.

Few assumptions here but.....

Say we get 7000 at £26/£19 split evenly thats £157k

If club dropped price to £20/£19 and got same crowd that's 136k, 21k shortfall.

But what aboot if dfcss underwrote the 21k for club dropping price, its fans money anyway.

We would only need a 1000 or extra through the gate to break even, a crowd of 9000 wud bring in 176k and club 19k better off, this cud even be split someway between club and dfcss.

Why.....bigger home support, better chance of winning, better chance of big Hampden pay day with no risk to club and ltd risk to dfcss.

jdfc
22-08-2017, 02:15 PM
It would work, but the dragons that are DFCSS, would need to check the constitution, call a meeting about having a meeting, ask for a secret postal ballot, check all member details are correct, gave two weeks of canvassing against it, oppose the out come, by this time it's next season, so a great idea, and one for the future

Returnofrros
22-08-2017, 04:17 PM
Suppose.

Doesn't have to be dfcss though but it is only a couple of oor wullie statues��

Wonder if this is something mcewan and Fraser wud be interested in, fantastic publicity and takes the biggest home game to another level.

grantzer
22-08-2017, 05:25 PM
Brilliant, club continues to fleece fans,and the solution is to get dfcss to subsidise tickets.
Maybe dfcss could also buy cat B tickets for fans that fancy going,but don't fancy watching games against partick

The solution is for the club board to set a sensible ticketing policy for a game that's live on tv,but they are more interested in what they can make from away fans than the people who pay their money week in week out.

Deeranged
22-08-2017, 05:45 PM
Re ticket price for Celtic game.

Club looks like it wants to maximise dosh from tic support and don't want to "risk" dropping price and Dee fans don't turn up to make up shortfall.

Few assumptions here but.....

Say we get 7000 at £26/£19 split evenly thats £157k

If club dropped price to £20/£19 and got same crowd that's 136k, 21k shortfall.

But what aboot if dfcss underwrote the 21k for club dropping price, its fans money anyway.

We would only need a 1000 or extra through the gate to break even, a crowd of 9000 wud bring in 176k and club 19k better off, this cud even be split someway between club and dfcss.

Why.....bigger home support, better chance of winning, better chance of big Hampden pay day with no risk to club and ltd risk to dfcss.

Unfortunately all of the fans' money still held by DFCSS seems to be earmarked for 'community' projects.

Returnofrros
22-08-2017, 05:47 PM
Brilliant, club continues to fleece fans,and the solution is to get dfcss to subsidise tickets.
Maybe dfcss could also buy cat B tickets for fans that fancy going,but don't fancy watching games against partick

The solution is for the club board to set a sensible ticketing policy for a game that's live on tv,but they are more interested in what they can make from away fans than the people who pay their money week in week out.

Don't see it as subsidising, more acting as a guarantor.

Its not dfc fleecing fans its genuinely the going rate but its too expensive.

billymorgan
22-08-2017, 05:52 PM

Personally I blame the pensioners :zzz:

Returnofrros
22-08-2017, 05:56 PM
Unfortunately all of the fans' money still held by DFCSS seems to be earmarked for 'community' projects.

Was hoping you'd come on deeranged.

What do you think of the idea? ****/ workable / unworkable?

Please don't tell me what the community projects are, em in a good mood, lol.

Returnofrros
22-08-2017, 05:57 PM
Personally I blame the pensioners :zzz:

Big boys thread.

No silly billys.

billymorgan
22-08-2017, 06:00 PM
Big boys thread.

No silly billys.

Big boy thread started by the biggest bairn.like it :p

grantzer
22-08-2017, 06:00 PM

If it's the going rate,why bring it up?

Dfcss acting as guarantors for billionaire owners makes a lot of sense. It's dfc fleecing fans,they could have lowered prices,the money can't have been budgeted for anyway.

Maybe the SLO should have been doing the part of his job that is not telling the fans what the club told him to say

Returnofrros
22-08-2017, 06:05 PM
If it's the going rate,why bring it up?

Dfcss acting as guarantors for billionaire owners makes a lot of sense. It's dfc fleecing fans,they could have lowered prices,the money can't have been budgeted for anyway.

Maybe the SLO should have been doing the part of his job that is not telling the fans what the club told him to say

I agree its too expensive that's why ill be paying £19 but I was just thinking about possible solutions that's all.

Whether the yanks are millionaires or billionaires its not that relevant really.

We continue to make a loss and it seems they are trying to maximize their income from this game. Em not saying i agree with that but it is the going rate, mid £20's to £30 for a game in Scotland.

grantzer
22-08-2017, 06:10 PM
It's relevant because they have billions,the society have thousands. They could subsidise the price cut themselves,or be guarantors or whatever else you want to call it. but they wont.

Returnofrros
22-08-2017, 06:19 PM
It's relevant because they have billions,the society have thousands. They could subsidise the price cut themselves,or be guarantors or whatever else you want to call it. but they wont.

Why shud they when the Dundee support have giving them little back since they came in?

We haven't exactly rallied behind them and oor expectations of what we want them to do seems a bit unrealistic at times.

Deeranged has posted on here a few times about how they wont lower price its about the bottom line. I was just coming at it from a slightly different angle that's all.

A wee compromise if you like.

But ill put you down as a NO.

jdfc
22-08-2017, 06:24 PM
Doesn't matter who has how much, DFCSS are sitting on thousands that belong to the fans, I like many donated plenty to them, under the guise it was going to our club, not for a bunch of w@nkers to play god with, what right do they have to donate this money to community projects

grantzer
22-08-2017, 06:34 PM
They have the right because they are on the society board. And that makes it their job to decide what to do with any monies raised.

And the money belongs to the society,because it was given to them

grantzer
22-08-2017, 06:38 PM
Why shud they when the Dundee support have giving them little back since they came in?

We haven't exactly rallied behind them and oor expectations of what we want them to do seems a bit unrealistic at times.

Deeranged has posted on here a few times about how they wont lower price its about the bottom line. I was just coming at it from a slightly different angle that's all.

A wee compromise if you like.

But ill put you down as a NO.

Speak for yourself,my backing for the club has never wavered,and my expectations were never that high.

Deeranged
22-08-2017, 06:38 PM
Was hoping you'd come on deeranged.

What do you think of the idea? ****/ workable / unworkable?

Please don't tell me what the community projects are, em in a good mood, lol.

**** idea for me, why blow that much cash on one game when a good percentage will go to the other team?

Doesn't matter who has how much, DFCSS are sitting on thousands that belong to the fans, I like many donated plenty to them, under the guise it was going to our club, not for a bunch of w@nkers to play god with, what right do they have to donate this money to community projects

I thought you were never a member? If you don't know them personally why do you call them ****ers?

They're not playing god they're trying to ensure the cash in hand is properly and sensibly applied. Spunking it directly at the club to do what they want with would not be properly and sensibly applying the cash they have. The whole community thing is one of the main reasons I jacked it, no way should any of that cash go anywhere but Dundee FC - but it has to be applied correctly.

Returnofrros
22-08-2017, 06:41 PM
**** idea for me, why blow that much cash on one game when a good percentage will go to the other team?

I thought you were never a member? If you don't know them personally why do you call them ****ers?

They're not playing god they're trying to ensure the cash in hand is properly and sensibly applied. Spunking it directly at the club to do what they want with would not be properly and sensibly applying the cash they have. The whole community thing is one of the main reasons I jacked it, no way should any of that cash go anywhere but Dundee FC - but it has to be applied correctly.

Fair enuf but imho it wud cost dfcss zip as we wud get the required attendance.

It cud even make them money.

Returnofrros
22-08-2017, 06:44 PM
Speak for yourself,my backing for the club has never wavered,and my expectations were never that high.

Oh.

Are you a fan owned community club supporter?

grantzer
22-08-2017, 06:47 PM
Oh.

Are you a fan owned community club supporter?

Would it make it easier for you if I said yes?

Returnofrros
22-08-2017, 06:53 PM
Would it make it easier for you if I said yes?

No. My life is easy enuff.

Em just trying to figure oot why you have posted what you have that's all.

You seem a wee bit hostile towards the yanks and em just passing time till meh teas ready.

There's nae pensioner surveys oot today and nae white supremacist rallies in meh area today so just a bit bored.��

grantzer
22-08-2017, 06:59 PM
Cool, enjoy the pot noodle

Returnofrros
22-08-2017, 07:02 PM
Cool, enjoy the pot noodle

Gammon steak, egg n chips.

grantzer
22-08-2017, 07:02 PM
Is that a new flavour then?

shaded
22-08-2017, 07:10 PM
ffs dina finish wi a plate o humble pie haha

shaded
22-08-2017, 07:11 PM
pot noodles are mair boufing than united ffs

shaded
22-08-2017, 07:13 PM
No. My life is easy enuff.

Em just trying to figure oot why you have posted what you have that's all.

You seem a wee bit hostile towards the yanks and em just passing time till meh teas ready.

There's nae pensioner surveys oot today and nae white supremacist rallies in meh area today so just a bit bored.��

fffkkkk i go fir a dundee united and miss the white supremacist rally gig lol

jdfc
22-08-2017, 07:24 PM

I was always a member, and not just the £1 donation, rross is maybe who your thinking off, I've, like many watched these clowns spunk money intended for the club, the "building bridges" shyte, jollys to supporter trust meetings, all subsidised by mine and others hard earned cash, that was donated to the club, at know time were we told they'd be holding on to it to play god.

You were the fans Rep, your now claiming the community thing was "one" of the reasons you left, why not come out at the time and tell us, instead of the normal "work commitments nonsense

Deeranged
22-08-2017, 07:43 PM
I was always a member, and not just the £1 donation, rross is maybe who your thinking off, I've, like many watched these clowns spunk money intended for the club, the "building bridges" shyte, jollys to supporter trust meetings, all subsidised by mine and others hard earned cash, that was donated to the club, at know time were we told they'd be holding on to it to play god.

You were the fans Rep, your now claiming the community thing was "one" of the reasons you left, why not come out at the time and tell us, instead of the normal "work commitments nonsense

I made it clear that I resigned because I couldn't work with certain other society board members without going into specifics at the time and I never will. At no point did I mention work commitments though - you're maybe thinking of Colin Reid.

Maybe was RRoS I'm thinking of, apologies for that.

ETA - for the record in all my time on the society board not a single penny was spent on any jolly or any expense other than genuine out of pocket costs to any board member. I didn't even claim for fuel when I went down to buy the Oor Bobby sculpture.

Returnofrros
22-08-2017, 07:46 PM
I made it clear that I resigned because I couldn't work with certain other society board members without going into specifics at the time and I never will. At no point did I mention work commitments though - you're maybe thinking of Colin Reid.

Maybe was RRoS I'm thinking of, apologies for that.

Was never a member just a donor.

jdfc
22-08-2017, 07:54 PM
So I take it you agreed with the donation towards the tin cartoon sculpture

Deeranged
22-08-2017, 08:01 PM
So I take it you agreed with the donation towards the tin cartoon sculpture

The club asked me if I would approach the society board and ask if they could buy it so that it could kept somewhere that it would always be available for the fans to have access to so yes, I was all for it. The bonus of course was that not only did the club get the sculpture it wanted but The Archie Foundation got a nice wee donation, win - win situation.

The vast, vast majority of people I've spoken to about the sculpture believe it was a good use of society cash.

Returnofrros
22-08-2017, 08:16 PM
The club asked me if I would approach the society board and ask if they could buy it so that it could kept somewhere that it would always be available for the fans to have access to so yes, I was all for it. The bonus of course was that not only did the club get the sculpture it wanted but The Archie Foundation got a nice wee donation, win - win situation.

The vast, vast majority of people I've spoken to about the sculpture believe it was a good use of society cash.

Strange I've spoken to loads of people who all think It was a complete and utter waste of cash.

It sits in club shop behind a load of cardboard boxes Last time I was in. Although I suppose It cant do much more than sit there.

GB72
22-08-2017, 08:22 PM

Probably the same people who dont realise we are losing hundreds of fans every season

Utter waste of fans money

BCram
22-08-2017, 08:47 PM
Fair enuf but imho it wud cost dfcss zip as we wud get the required attendance.

It cud even make them money.

I can't find my copy of the dfcss accounts, but from memory they don't have enough cash to act as guarantors in the way to suggest. All the comments you ever get from DFC is that cutting prices does not generate the increase in numbers to make more money for the club. I think there might be a considerable benefit in having a big Dee support, especially if an opponent, like Celtic, might have bigger fish to fry in the shape of a Champions League game shortly after, or even shortly before the local opposition game.

Will have another search and see if I can get the figures. In truth they should be posted on the dee4life website, but I could not find them, after an admittedly brief search of the site.

jdfc
22-08-2017, 08:50 PM
The money donated to DFCSS wasn't donated to be given away to charity, should have let the owners do that, I donate to charity direct from my wages, have done for over 34 years, if they threw my money away I'd stop donating, my money, like everyone else's was handed over for the club go Benidorm, nothing else, it's easy to throw money about when it's not your own,

Deeranged
22-08-2017, 08:53 PM
Strange I've spoken to loads of people who all think It was a complete and utter waste of cash.

It sits in club shop behind a load of cardboard boxes Last time I was in. Although I suppose It cant do much more than sit there.

Club wanted it, I was asked to get it, I got it - my part in all this is finished.

Deeranged
22-08-2017, 08:57 PM
The money donated to DFCSS wasn't donated to be given away to charity, should have let the owners do that, I donate to charity direct from my wages, have done for over 34 years, if they threw my money away I'd stop donating, my money, like everyone else's was handed over for the club go Benidorm, nothing else, it's easy to throw money about when it's not your own,

Well, here's where we differ completely. I never gave a penny to DFCSS so that the club could go to Benidorm and when I was on the board I personally would never have condoned the use of any cash for that.

Returnofrros
22-08-2017, 08:58 PM
Club wanted it, I was asked to get it, I got it - my part in all this is finished.

Don't disagree with that it was your suggestion that most fans thought it was money well spent that I disagree with.

Obviously we speak to different people.

Deeranged
22-08-2017, 09:01 PM
Don't disagree with that it was your suggestion that most fans thought it was money well spent that I disagree with.

Obviously we speak to different people.

I include OAPs in my social circle.

Returnofrros
22-08-2017, 09:07 PM
I include OAPs in my social circle.

Lol that's pretty funny.

I have no blazers in mine.

jdfc
23-08-2017, 06:44 AM
Well, here's where we differ completely. I never gave a penny to DFCSS so that the club could go to Benidorm and when I was on the board I personally would never have condoned the use of any cash for that.

If McCann hadn't did a U turn, then it may well have been money well spent, it was a one day trip not a holiday, clubs do have to pay for these sort of things, directors were flying out to world cups in places like Brazil away back in the 70's, so I think it's unfair to compare this sort of thing to handing "other" people's money over to place other than it I was intebpnded for

BCram
23-08-2017, 09:47 AM
Deeranged, do you know how much cash dfcss has. I can't find my copy of their accounts and it would be interesting to know if dfcss could underwrite a reduction in entry charges, as Rros has suggested.

Returnofrros
23-08-2017, 10:06 AM
Deeranged, do you know how much cash dfcss has. I can't find my copy of their accounts and it would be interesting to know if dfcss could underwrite a reduction in entry charges, as Rros has suggested.

Ssssh its a secret. (joke afore the dfcss mafia go nuts)

Doesn't have to be dfcss but they were first that sprung to mind.

Dsa, mcewan and Fraser, dfc minded speculator.

I think in the right circumstances and tic game a good example it wud cost nobody nothing and help more fans get into the match.

Thinking a bit further forward as I know deeranged doesn't like the concept of tic getting a share but cud it work with season ticket sales.

Club pitch them at £300 or so but need to get x amount bought, somebody underwrites the balance.

BCram
23-08-2017, 10:22 AM
Ssssh its a secret. (joke afore the dfcss mafia go nuts)

Doesn't have to be dfcss but they were first that sprung to mind.

Dsa, mcewan and Fraser, dfc minded speculator.

I think in the right circumstances and tic game a good example it wud cost nobody nothing and help more fans get into the match.

Thinking a bit further forward as I know deeranged doesn't like the concept of tic getting a share but cud it work with season ticket sales.

Club pitch them at £300 or so but need to get x amount bought, somebody underwrites the balance.

Penny has dropped! Killie give Celtic a lot of their ground to make maximum revenue. Remember some time ago we gave the OF the SE and the Shankly, it must have made money but it lost quite a bit of our support. Killie had a very poor home support for their recent game against Celtic.

Ideas to get more home supporters to turn up at Dens must be the way forward, and some kind of sponsorship for attendance at specific games might be the way forward. Hope you get more support for this.

GB72
23-08-2017, 10:53 AM
Penny has dropped! Killie give Celtic a lot of their ground to make maximum revenue. Remember some time ago we gave the OF the SE and the Shankly, it must have made money but it lost quite a bit of our support. Killie had a very poor home support for their recent game against Celtic.

Ideas to get more home supporters to turn up at Dens must be the way forward, and some kind of sponsorship for attendance at specific games might be the way forward. Hope you get more support for this.

Mate who is celtic season tix holder just got ticket for Dens and an email from Celtic saying

That there allocation for cup tie has been cut?

Crazy if true

Returnofrros
23-08-2017, 01:33 PM
Mate who is celtic season tix holder just got ticket for Dens and an email from Celtic saying

That there allocation for cup tie has been cut?

Crazy if true

If that's true the powers that be are listening to the wrong people but cant really see it being true.

We give over one of the smallest amount of tickets to old firm as it is compared to others.

So if we have cut them to 3000 from 4100 it wud be an astonishing decision. Cant see it.

Other clubs dons 5000, hibs 4000, hearts cant mind, Gers 7000, partick 5500, killie 8000, dabs 5800.

GB72
23-08-2017, 05:05 PM
If that's true the powers that be are listening to the wrong people but cant really see it being true.

We give over one of the smallest amount of tickets to old firm as it is compared to others.

So if we have cut them to 3000 from 4100 it wud be an astonishing decision. Cant see it.

Other clubs dons 5000, hibs 4000, hearts cant mind, Gers 7000, partick 5500, killie 8000, dabs 5800.

In email it says less tickets for main stand