PDA

View Full Version : Notts U10 win EFL Trophy!

SwalePie
22-08-2017, 01:29 PM
Great job by the Under 10s beating Forest in the final too...

https://www.nottscountyfc.co.uk/news/2017/august/under-10s-trophy-win/

crazyfists
22-08-2017, 02:17 PM
Well done Notts, wonder if we manage to hang onto the decent ones till they get to the first team.

jonnyt1
22-08-2017, 02:56 PM
The way the Academy system now works with the sell out to the Premier League we have zero chance of keeping the good ones. Any that make it to Notts first team will either be late developers OR weren't good enough for Premiership/Championship clubs.

The fees are now fixed on a scale depending on the number of years at the academy, first team performances etc. No more million pound payouts for the likes of JP.

crazyfists
22-08-2017, 05:07 PM
Yep that's the sad fact, any good ones are gone quickly. The only way they might want to stay is if the first team get up the leagues.

Bohinen
22-08-2017, 08:19 PM
The way the Academy system now works with the sell out to the Premier League we have zero chance of keeping the good ones. Any that make it to Notts first team will either be late developers OR weren't good enough for Premiership/Championship clubs.

The fees are now fixed on a scale depending on the number of years at the academy, first team performances etc. No more million pound payouts for the likes of JP.

Then again, we could point to Jermaine Pennant and say 'do you really want to end up like that?' Not every youngster is stupid. Jorge Grant seems to have his head screwed on the right way.

Although Alan Hardy annoys me with his silly clapping hands emojis and inability to take criticism, I think he's doing the right thing in his approach to youth.

kill_the_drum
23-08-2017, 05:17 AM
Then again, we could point to Jermaine Pennant and say 'do you really want to end up like that?' Not every youngster is stupid. Jorge Grant seems to have his head screwed on the right way.

Although Alan Hardy annoys me with his silly clapping hands emojis and inability to take criticism, I think he's doing the right thing in his approach to youth.

Jermaine Pennant who is probably a millionaire? I'm guessing most parents of ten year old footballers will happily take that. If a big club comes along with better facilities, you're going to take it and believe you're good enough.
I agree Grant has his head screwed on the right way, but I don't think he helps your argument. He signed for Forest I'm guessing because the money was better and could have easily been a fringe/reserve player for the next 3 years.

nay123
23-08-2017, 08:44 AM
Jermaine Pennant who is probably a millionaire? I'm guessing most parents of ten year old footballers will happily take that. If a big club comes along with better facilities, you're going to take it and believe you're good enough.
I agree Grant has his head screwed on the right way, but I don't think he helps your argument. He signed for Forest I'm guessing because the money was better and could have easily been a fringe/reserve player for the next 3 years.does anyone know the score it just says won the cup.

SwalePie
23-08-2017, 11:34 AM
does anyone know the score it just says won the cup.

Have tweeted AH to see if he can tell us