PDA

View Full Version : the road infrastructure that would be needed for the proposed new ground

shaded
22-08-2017, 05:38 PM
imo makes a new ground where its getting planned an absolute non starter

had a yap with a mate today about what would be needed and after listening i must agree that the road infrastructure cost would be huge.

just think what would be required to get traffic in and out every 2nd week

surely the yanks have done their homework on this and id love to see their plan/cost projection for the road layout,happy to be proven wrong

billymorgan
22-08-2017, 05:48 PM

had a yap with a mate today about what would be needed and after listening i must agree that the road infrastructure cost would be huge.

surely the yanks have done their homework on this and id love to see their plan/cost projection for the road layout,happy to be proven wrong

Why do you want to see their plan/ cost projection ? :?

shaded
22-08-2017, 06:32 PM
would give an indication of how much planning has been done
however i never meant that i wanted to see it personally,wouldv been good to have seen it projected alongside the stadium plans

billy do u think there will be a spade in the ground any year soon if so when do u reckon plans will come to fruitition?
me im myb a bit lang in the tooth nowadays after getting fed bull****t ump**** times in my time as a dee

initial post was an inquisitive punter trying to work out wether its feasable or just mair pie in the sky

billymorgan
22-08-2017, 06:49 PM
would give an indication of how much planning has been done
however i never meant that i wanted to see it personally,wouldv been good to have seen it projected alongside the stadium plans

billy do u think there will be a spade in the ground any year soon if so when do u reckon plans will come to fruitition?
me im myb a bit lang in the tooth nowadays after getting fed bull****t ump**** times in my time as a dee

initial post was an inquisitive punter trying to work out wether its feasable or just mair pie in the sky

Maybe best waiting for the full plans to come out shaded,so you can see the road plans. I get your scepticism though of course I do, but I personally think it's more possible to happen than any other previous pie in the sky plans of new stadia in the city that were presented before. The purchase of land is a big big start in my slight optimism.

shaded
22-08-2017, 07:07 PM
yi hear all sorts o numbers re cost billy,from infrastructure to how much a new stadium costs in relation to each seat within it,and it appears to be mega buks,was just trying to number crunch and 2nd guess how doable it wid be,i realise there are grants et also

noahrab
22-08-2017, 07:18 PM
Maybe best waiting for the full plans to come out shaded,so you can see the road plans. I get your scepticism though of course I do, but I personally think it's more possible to happen than any other previous pie in the sky plans of new stadia in the city that were presented before. The purchase of land is a big big start in my slight optimism.

Cannae believe anyone would spend nearly 2m on land for a stadium without having preliminary discussions on the planning requirements and conditions beforehand.

Deeranged
22-08-2017, 07:25 PM

Homework's been done and planning is a good bit more advanced than is being made public. Roads and council in on things right from the start.

billymorgan
22-08-2017, 07:29 PM
Homework's been done and planning is a good bit more advanced than is being made public. Roads and council in on things right from the start.

Deeranged, it was an interesting statement by Nelms when he said the council asked if we would let the Dabs play at the new stadium.Any idea what is behind that ?

Deeranged
22-08-2017, 07:35 PM
Deeranged, it was an interesting statement by Nelms when he said the council asked if we would let the Dabs play at the new stadium.Any idea what is behind that ?

No. I did hear that they asked about it a while back but couldn't tell you what the driver for it was.

billymorgan
22-08-2017, 07:38 PM
No. I did hear that they asked about it a while back but couldn't tell you what the driver for it was.

Just think it's strange it was the council that asked if we would let them use the new stadium ? Onyhow :)

Deeranged
22-08-2017, 07:50 PM
Just think it's strange it was the council that asked if we would let them use the new stadium ? Onyhow :)

If I had to guess I'd say it's because they are in such serious financial trouble they might be 'asked to leave' the **** tip before long.

But an element of that would be me hoping for a happy ending.

noahrab
22-08-2017, 08:01 PM

I'd be surprised if talks hadn't already taken place with the DABs to be tenants.

bluelagoon
23-08-2017, 08:38 AM
I'd be surprised if talks hadn't already taken place with the DABs to be tenants.
I hope that the whole area will be deep cleaned and disinfected after the dayglow mutants have been in it.

Shuntz
24-08-2017, 08:48 AM
I was in 2 minds on this taking into account emotional pull that Dens has for us , now I really hope it will happen
15 k purpose built stadium completed within 3 years what's not to like

Planning is never as straight forward as people think especially if it impacts a Trunk Road like this will as I think the final decision may lie with Scottish Govermnent !?
Perhaps someone will a knowledge of this can comment.

We need this to go ahead and here's hoping