PDA

View Full Version : how many games in do you give rafa before the panick button gets pushed

pboromag
22-08-2017, 06:18 PM
forest game aside

if we loose v west ham and swindon do you start to panick

if we loose playing the same negative tactics would you start showing discontent with rafa

what is the miniumu you want from those two prem games

Jammy89
22-08-2017, 07:27 PM
Swindon?

You been on the sauce?

Kal
22-08-2017, 07:43 PM
He's had his piles removed !

pboromag
22-08-2017, 07:52 PM
Swindon?

You been on the sauce?

i meant swansea
i once lost a bet saying swindon was the capital of wales

to a welsh mate ,who i should have realised would have known better than me

they then had a t shirt with the welsh dragon and flag on the front and on the back swindon the culture capital of wales

i had to wear it when we were on a lads holiday to benidorm

upset a few people as one welsh girl got upset that they had actually not used a welsh city for the culture capital and it was typical of the english goverment

pboromag
22-08-2017, 07:53 PM

i have

apparently been pushing to much whils t having a poo

but o ihad me prostrate checked as well

kingstonbob
22-08-2017, 07:59 PM
how many games in do you give pboromag before the panick button gets pushed

Is what the subject should read!

Give it a rest man. FFS we were set in the Spurs game for a point or possibly better until Shelvey got set off. Aye the Hudds performance was below par, especially in a game we should be looking to get at least a point from, but we're 2 games in. Your man Ashley needs to stick to what he clearly said to Rafa and give him the funds that are there to buy quality signings. If not it wont be with Rafa the fans show discontent that's for sure.

toptoon
22-08-2017, 08:04 PM
Feckin hell Pboro. Your hidden agenda isnīt even the slightest hidden any more.

Not a question of number of games. I canīt see me ever hitting the panick button with Rafa and any manager of his calibre should only leave if he īlosesī (NB not 'looses') the squad.

Cannylad
22-08-2017, 08:51 PM

So he wont be able to think now then..........

Jammy89
22-08-2017, 09:19 PM
i meant swansea
i once lost a bet saying swindon was the capital of wales

to a welsh mate ,who i should have realised would have known better than me

they then had a t shirt with the welsh dragon and flag on the front and on the back swindon the culture capital of wales

i had to wear it when we were on a lads holiday to benidorm

upset a few people as one welsh girl got upset that they had actually not used a welsh city for the culture capital and it was typical of the english goverment

This made me chuckle XD

Particularly as i know a few welsh girls that would have said same thing.

pboromag
23-08-2017, 01:21 AM
how many games in do you give pboromag before the panick button gets pushed

Is what the subject should read!

Give it a rest man. FFS we were set in the Spurs game for a point or possibly better until Shelvey got set off. Aye the Hudds performance was below par, especially in a game we should be looking to get at least a point from, but we're 2 games in. Your man Ashley needs to stick to what he clearly said to Rafa and give him the funds that are there to buy quality signings. If not it wont be with Rafa the fans show discontent that's for sure.

when rafa moves players on he says have no future instead of picking them then im sure he would have the money the club generate

we were never in the game at spuds ,they never got out of first gear

me if he looses the changing room and it looks like cracks are appearingg (elliott) he needs gone soon ,he clearly aint happy

if we get to the swansea game showing no ambition sticking to the same negative tactics and no points he needs gone soon

im hoping for a point against west ham and a win at swansea

if we dont get that and the same negativity is still around and being pushed by rafa then get him out

kingstonbob
23-08-2017, 06:46 AM
Ok. So it goes the way you say, who comes in to steady the ship? Guardiola, Mourinho or Curbishley, O'Leary?

We cant get rid of the dead wood because Charnley gave them ridiculously lucrative 4/5 year contracts. We will end up paying them to go. Complete mid management. Hes the one who should go.

Could Ashley be trying to force Rafa out as he's given him too much power and 99.9% of the fans want him? Ie going back on their agreement, everyone knowing the millions sitting there from tv money and sales but he won't hand it over, he is such an egotistical **** that he wont like Rafa speaking out in the press.

toonlegend
23-08-2017, 06:57 AM
Ok. So it goes the way you say, who comes in to steady the ship? Guardiola, Mourinho or Curbishley, O'Leary?

probably JFK :(

ghostrider
23-08-2017, 07:14 AM

We cant get rid of the dead wood because Charnley gave them ridiculously lucrative 4/5 year contracts. We will end up paying them to go. Complete mid management. Hes the one who should go.

Could Ashley be trying to force Rafa out as he's given him too much power and 99.9% of the fans want him? Ie going back on their agreement, everyone knowing the millions sitting there from tv money and sales but he won't hand it over, he is such an egotistical **** that he wont like Rafa speaking out in the press.
It appears Charnley gave them 5 year contracts and basically he's an incompetent at best and a total bell end at worst, I imagine, right?
Fair enough if that's the consensus among some, but what contracts do we give players we do buy?

Forget what they end up like, because we simply do not know the outcome of that until tried and tested.
Let me make this a bit more clearer.

What would you be saying if we gave Cabaye a smaller contract and he was picked up for nothing after turning out to be the decent player he was?
We didn't really know him any more than all the others. He was a gamble.

As I mentioned before: hindsight is a wonderful thing.

toonlegend
23-08-2017, 07:25 AM
you can always give a decent 3 year contract - and you will know soon enough, within the 1st year whether to up that contract or not. or even have it built in that x y z enhancements will be made dependant on performance.

waalsendmick
23-08-2017, 07:37 AM
we give 5 yr contracts, because we pay less. as June says, a good 3 yr contract is just as attractive to a potential signing.

they accept lower wages, knowing they're going to leave early and get their contract paid up.

ghostrider
23-08-2017, 07:51 AM
you can always give a decent 3 year contract - and you will know soon enough, within the 1st year whether to up that contract or not. or even have it built in that x y z enhancements will be made dependant on performance.

Agreed. I totally agree but there lies a major problem with this club especially. Basically more to do with north east and the lure of the South or whatever.

So, if we look at the players we bought in who we gave 5 year deals to and set them on 3 year deals instead, I think we'd be losing a lot of players who's price tag went up massively because of it.

Look at Sissoko.
Imagine a 3 year contract on him.
Debuchy.
Cabaye, as I mentioned.

I could go on but the issue is, players are a gamble and the bosman ruling ensures that clubs have to take a chance on contracts to ensure a sell on fee rather than a player sitting out a final season of his contract, knowing he can go free or that a club will come in and steal him for much less than he's worth....Enrique as an example.

With the likes of Riviere and the likes, they're not that much of a club killer but a classic surplus that all clubs end up with in some shape or form.
When you build for the championship like we had to, then those players are going to dig in their heels when we try to offload.
I believe we will ship them out and may lose a few million in the deals...but, it's a minor issue if it frees up space for the odd incoming.

If we stick the newbies on shorter contracts and they end up having a good two seasons with us and get touted, then we lose them for knock down fees or the player could simply play out his contract and leave for free.

I prefer the longer deals and the rough with the smooth, because let's face it, we haven't done bad at all in that department.

ghostrider
23-08-2017, 07:53 AM
we give 5 yr contracts, because we pay less. as June says, a good 3 yr contract is just as attractive to a potential signing.

they accept lower wages, knowing they're going to leave early and get their contract paid up.

No they don't accept lower wages at all. Where did you get that from?