PDA

View Full Version : Riviere, De Jong & Lazaar

Jammy89
23-08-2017, 10:30 AM
Apparently - i stress this is rumor but has been picked up on a few sites/twitter etc. Are close to being gone.

Metz have come back in for Riviere.
Ajax want De Jong.
Bologna are in contract talks with Lazaar.

If we got them shifted that would take some money off the wage bill and hopefully see us get some of the players through we need.

ghostrider
23-08-2017, 10:47 AM
Apparently - i stress this is rumor but has been picked up on a few sites/twitter etc. Are close to being gone.

Ajax want De Jong.

If we got them shifted that would take some money off the wage bill and hopefully see us get some of the players through we need.

Agreed. It would be a good start if we can do it quickly because it could potentially lead to a near full on exodus of the surplus and not only free up space for a few additions but also heighten the mood in the camp, I would think.

ex_pat_magpie
23-08-2017, 10:51 AM

Ajax want De Jong.

That would be a great start. I hope our illustrious chairman doesn't lose his bottle.

MidsMagpie
23-08-2017, 12:13 PM
Cant see why he is dumping De Jong he had a decent pre season and is miles better then Diame and Perez

Jammy89
23-08-2017, 12:21 PM
Agree on De Jong but i reckon his wages are higher than other two, also as much as we rate him he can get injured at drop of a hate.

ghostrider
23-08-2017, 12:27 PM
Cant see why he is dumping De Jong he had a decent pre season and is miles better then Diame and Perez

He's made of glass and can't be trusted to be relied upon to gain a settled set up.
His quality is not in question but his physical stamina and weaknesses are evidently lacking.

Nufc24Mag
23-08-2017, 12:32 PM

Ajax want De Jong.

I'd like for de Jong to say give him 1 more season to prove he is good enough and prove his fitness

Jammy89
23-08-2017, 12:42 PM
I'd like for de Jong to say give him 1 more season to prove he is good enough and prove his fitness

Again, i agree with keeping De Jong but with my Devils Advocate hat on - we've done that every season he's been here.

smorgan86
23-08-2017, 01:44 PM
I have absolutely no faith in Charnley to get deals done before deadline day comes and goes so losing De Jong and Lazaar just makes our squad depth even less than it is now. Riviere can go for free for all I care.

pboromag
23-08-2017, 01:47 PM
Again, i agree with keeping De Jong but with my Devils Advocate hat on - we've done that every season he's been here.

howlongdo some of these need to prove themselves
he is to slow for the prem

these 3 and another 5 should be gone

a loss tonoight will sharpen peoples minds

Jammy89
23-08-2017, 01:55 PM
howlongdo some of these need to prove themselves
he is to slow for the prem

these 3 and another 5 should be gone

a loss tonoight will sharpen peoples minds

That was more point - every season he's been here we've said give him on more season.