PDA

View Full Version : Rooney retired

Nufc24Mag
23-08-2017, 12:39 PM
From international duty, wouldn't u think he would have 1 more international tournament to try and go out on a high? The international matches start soon and I think he hasn't been selected so he has spat his dummy out.

Jammy89
23-08-2017, 12:44 PM
I think he's decided to try and prolong his club career, maybe he even said to Everton if i don't get picked i'll retire.

I think it's a good thing really, gives us a proper chance to see other strikers rather than them assuming that they'll be dropped etc.

Nufc24Mag
23-08-2017, 01:39 PM
I think he's decided to try and prolong his club career, maybe he even said to Everton if i don't get picked i'll retire.

I think it's a good thing really, gives us a proper chance to see other strikers rather than them assuming that they'll be dropped etc.

I hardly even know who gets called up to the England squad these days....

ghostrider
23-08-2017, 01:39 PM
I don't think he's got too much left in his legs to actually have any effect for England as well as Everton.
To be brutally honest I can't see him playing more than half of Evertons games this season.
He's only half the player he was.

Jammy89
23-08-2017, 01:45 PM
Agreed.

However if he scores the winner or saves them points in those half games.

His signing to me was always about the lift it gave the club though and showing how they could sign "names" and compete with the big boys now on wages offered.