PDA

View Full Version : Rooney Retires

JosteinTime
23-08-2017, 12:41 PM
Hung up his boots for England. Many dislike him but I think it's a great loss to the national team.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/41027204

Thanks for the memories, Wazza!

boltonblade
23-08-2017, 12:54 PM
He is a legend of the English game. End of. Not too sure he's a loss to the current England setup though. He's made the right choice and doesn't need the grief when he doesn't perform anymore.

I for one hope he can focus all his spare time on developing DCL at Everton so when one of the giants sign him for £50 million plus we mere minnows at Sheff Utd see some sell on advantages :-)

Carpe_diem
23-08-2017, 01:07 PM
I for one hope he can focus all his spare time on developing DCL at Everton so when one of the giants sign him for £50 million plus we mere minnows at Sheff Utd see some sell on advantages :-)

Yes, we're certainly reaping the rewards of the sell-on fees for Harry and Kyle aren't we?

tomytony
23-08-2017, 02:20 PM
Yes, we're certainly reaping the rewards of the sell-on fees for Harry and Kyle aren't we?

:)

Nuff said CD

rodcurrie
23-08-2017, 02:59 PM
:)

Nuff said CDThat Blackhole needs fillin.UTCB

tomytony
23-08-2017, 03:34 PM
That Blackhole needs fillin.UTCB

Yosser Hughes is good with the black stuff

rodcurrie
23-08-2017, 04:04 PM
Yosser Hughes is good with the black stuffHe weren't bad at givin the Shoreham kiss as well mate.:) UTCB

BlockD
23-08-2017, 04:27 PM
He weren't bad at givin the Shoreham kiss as well mate.:) UTCB

Rubbish at trying to navigate a boat from England to America though,quite right he went down with his ship

tomytony
23-08-2017, 05:42 PM
He weren't bad at givin the Shoreham kiss as well mate.:) UTCB

"If I were a blackbird I'd whistle and sing"

FatherKnowsBest
23-08-2017, 06:40 PM
Hung up his boots for England. Many dislike him but I think it's a great loss to the national team.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/41027204

Thanks for the memories, Wazza!

Not dislike, but I think we were all sold a potential that wasn't quite in him. Exceptional at club level, but disappointing for England despite all his goals and appearances. One of the golden generation who failed to deliver.

Katchouro
23-08-2017, 07:06 PM
My old sparring partner aussieowl will be celebrating this news - he absolutely hates Rooney.

I think he'll be a loss - and still could have played a positive role in Russia. Never matched the impact he made in his first tournament unfortunately but is still our top scorer ... you don't achieve that by being a mug.

Deserves a medal for takin Kane off corners as well. ;)