PDA

View Full Version : Doukara gone.....

espaņablanco73
23-08-2017, 03:55 PM
Wood, Doukara, Antonsson all gone now, lets hope some real quality is coming in rather than just rearranging the deckchairs.

Billyni
23-08-2017, 05:21 PM
Whilst it may not have been good enough, Douk always tried his best and give his best. Hope things work out for him.

joellufcprice
23-08-2017, 05:29 PM
Whilst it may not have been good enough, Douk always tried his best and give his best. Hope things work out for him.

Tried his best? He refused to play for us to undermine the manager with his buddies.

Good riddance, other than a good half v Wolves and that volley he has been poor.

Billyni
23-08-2017, 05:49 PM
Always glad to have the benefit of your inside knowledge of the club Angry Joel.

norfolk white
23-08-2017, 06:01 PM
Not blessed with the greatest of skill but thought he always tried, and often grabbed us a goal when we needed one.

whitestomper45
23-08-2017, 07:04 PM
I felt he looked a bit like a Douk out of water at times

Billyni
23-08-2017, 08:24 PM
I felt he looked a bit like a Douk out of water at times
Ffs dont start again :D:D

BelfastAndy
23-08-2017, 09:36 PM
Lol...

joellufcprice
23-08-2017, 11:41 PM
Always glad to have the benefit of your inside knowledge of the club Angry Joel.

It is common knowledge that he feigned injury with the other 5 to undermine Redfearn, never claimed to have inside knowledge, simply listening to managers and people like Phil Hay lets you know these things, indeed Phil Hay said he was let go so easily because his attitude has been unacceptable in recent weeks.

Not sure why you're so desperate for us to retain a poor/average player who refused to wear the shirt, is it is a sign of the type of fans our club now has that we don't care if they disrespect the badge anymore?

espaņablanco73
24-08-2017, 06:50 AM
They all disrespect the badge thesedays Joel, whether its Taylor, Wood or Doukara.
The OP was about whether we will replace the 3 that have gone out with 1 or 2 quality, or 3 of the same, seems noone has a view on that.

WTF11
24-08-2017, 08:18 AM
They all disrespect the badge thesedays Joel, whether its Taylor, Wood or Doukara.
The OP was about whether we will replace the 3 that have gone out with 1 or 2 quality, or 3 of the same, seems noone has a view on that.

Ok, well for what its worth (not a lot!) I don't think we need much by way of replacements. Contrary to others views, I think we have the beginnings of a lethal attacking force, and the only reason we would want to bring in others is resilience against injury, not improving skill/delivery capability. I say beginnings only because the players need game time, as the large number of newcomers makes getting a settled side difficult, but not impossible.

We have also the beginnings of a solid defence, again, with a need for some time to settle, but evidence is that they should be able to do the job.

Yes, all the above is something of a change of tune for me, humble pie swallowed etc, for now!

Point is, we have depth, just not experience in the Championship, and that won't come overnight. We need to be willing to allow some slip ups, as well as expecting success.

Billyni
24-08-2017, 10:07 AM
It is common knowledge that he feigned injury with the other 5 to undermine Redfearn, never claimed to have inside knowledge, simply listening to managers and people like Phil Hay lets you know these things, indeed Phil Hay said he was let go so easily because his attitude has been unacceptable in recent weeks.

Not sure why you're so desperate for us to retain a poor/average player who refused to wear the shirt, is it is a sign of the type of fans our club now has that we don't care if they disrespect the badge anymore?

Who said anything about retaining?? Only said he done his best and wished him well. Whats the fu ck in problem with that?