PDA

View Full Version : rafa disrespecting the cup

pboromag
23-08-2017, 10:50 PM
if any other manager we have had had managed a performance like that we would have slaughtered them

we had a side and more of players brought to win the fizzy and more besides and we perform like that

one up front again

runn our main striker into the ground for a 100 mintes plus before he decides to change things

10 changes

anyother manager gets slaughtered

28000 only turned up as well

tells you something

MidsMagpie
23-08-2017, 10:57 PM
This was our best chance of a trophy and he has thrown it away at the first hurdle, Were at Home to a championship side so actually pick an attacking formation for once but no

toptoon
23-08-2017, 10:59 PM
If I said "Rafa prioritising Premier League survival" would it make you feel better?

pboromag
23-08-2017, 11:02 PM
no

even playing some of the squad from last season at home we should have still had far to much for them

set up negative again and stayed negative all through

we may have had possesion but again playing one up front with no reall goal threat from elsewhere is a joke

andyj73
23-08-2017, 11:04 PM
If I said "Rafa prioritising Premier League survival" would it make you feel better?

.. Do you not think he was making a point to show the squad was not good enough ..

MidsMagpie
23-08-2017, 11:04 PM

If he stopped always playing his negative 4411 every game it might

pboromag
23-08-2017, 11:10 PM
.. Do you not think he was making a point to show the squad was not good enough ..

yhe squad is good enough to beat a championship side at home in a cup

7-8 of the players started were in or around the first team last season

toptoon
23-08-2017, 11:38 PM

Itīs possibly partly due to that but I reckon he will always rotate in cup games (even when we are back in Europe :) ) - itīs the way he does things. I think that he thinks, well, if my second string arenīt good enough to get through the first few rounds of the cup then we arenīt equipped as a squad to participate in 2 competitions simultaneously.

Geordie_Jacko
24-08-2017, 06:24 AM
He's put out a side to get knocked out imo and I haven't really got a problem with that. Be realistic, people saying it's the best chance of winning a trophy. We was never going to win it come on guys. Having games leading up to Prem games like last night isn't good for us. We don't have the squad to do so. So it's either rotate like last night or risk injurys for the weekend. I think at 2-2 he saw a chance of nicking it and made a couple of changes but unfortunate it didn't pan out. It would of been nice for a cup run yeah but there's always another cup and this year staying in that league is more important than anything.

pboromag
24-08-2017, 06:39 AM
He's put out a side to get knocked out imo and I haven't really got a problem with that. Be realistic, people saying it's the best chance of winning a trophy. We was never going to win it come on guys. Having games leading up to Prem games like last night isn't good for us. We don't have the squad to do so. So it's either rotate like last night or risk injurys for the weekend. I think at 2-2 he saw a chance of nicking it and made a couple of changes but unfortunate it didn't pan out. It would of been nice for a cup run yeah but there's always another cup and this year staying in that league is more important than anything.

it is a revenue stream
he is whinging we dont have enough money

get a decent draw and tv next round hey ho another player

and even he said himself we need to win it to lift the gloom

so he makes 10 changes

we still have a big enough squad to beat a fizzy team

he was negative from the off

has he even looked at new tatctics since he has been with us??

has he ever set us up in a positive formation

he sets us up to not loose

and maybe snatch a point

i dont mind loosing
i do mind playing and watching negative footy

every one had a go at pardew for no plan b

every one had a go ta pardew for taking players backwards

have any improved under rafa ?????

ghostrider
24-08-2017, 06:43 AM
We scored 2 and Forest scored 3 for all reasons to do with playing a cup game.
We could all argue black and blue as to why it happened but the reality is very simple. It did happen and it does happen and not just to us.
Southampton were knocked out at home.
Is that their manager making some kind of statement or is it that he sent out a team to play the game and it wasn't good enough against a team that wanted it more and had a bit better fortune in getting it.
Basically like Forest against us.

If Rafa wanted to make any statement he would have ensured we went out with a whimper and not in extra time.
Take absolutely nothing from that game in terms of what we have and what will be and who can do it and who can not...because there's nothing at all to be taken from the game that has any bearing on the premier league season, except first team player injuries or suspensions, which thankfully it appears we managed to avoid in the main.

My issue is Rafa making his real statement to the fans in premier league games.
I want him to send out his teams to be tactically aware like he does on the back foot but to express themselves on the front foot.
Basically balance it all out and stop this negative crap that blights the enjoyment.

Nufcian
25-08-2017, 02:40 PM
I don't give a sh!t we got knocked out of the Cup.

Only priority had to be the League, and if we get extra rest, and fewer injuries due to the extra rest, then I am all for it and would happily see 11 kinds in the FA Cup.

Don't see how anyone can reasonably say we have a Championship team (which we mainly do) and then expect us to win a trophy... we'll face a top Prem team at some point in any cup runs, and the wheels would very likely fall off then.

Zippity
25-08-2017, 02:45 PM
Well I'm disappointed....but it would have been over next round anyway :D...Chelsea away :O

pboromag
25-08-2017, 02:47 PM
I don't give a sh!t we got knocked out of the Cup.

Only priority had to be the League, and if we get extra rest, and fewer injuries due to the extra rest, then I am all for it and would happily see 11 kinds in the FA Cup.

Don't see how anyone can reasonably say we have a Championship team (which we mainly do) and then expect us to win a trophy... we'll face a top Prem team at some point in any cup runs, and the wheels would very likely fall off then.

i dont think we would win the cup
however we should have progressed to the next round comfprtably

and had the cup run rafa wanted

toonlegend
26-08-2017, 12:41 AM
i dont think we would win the cup
however we should have progressed to the next round comfprtably

and had the cup run rafa wanted

if he wanted a cup run why would he disrespect it ?? the 2 do not equate.