PDA

View Full Version : Charlie Slater

TheProphet
24-08-2017, 11:53 AM
5 games in, how are people finding his commentary and/or interviewing?

Oldstripy
24-08-2017, 12:09 PM

I think he is improving, he will be even better when he can identify the players by sight rather than shirt numbers.

upthemaggies
24-08-2017, 12:33 PM
Can't fault the commentary, I expected him to have a slightly shaky start due to nerves or just settling in to the role, but it's like he's been doing it for years.

As for the interviews. He's possibly pushing it a bit too far to make an impression. There's no point in trying to rock the boat (regards the Forte situation) when we're heading in the right direction and the majority of fans are relatively content. We needed Colin to give Fullarton a hard time over Aboarah because the majority wanted change and that situation kind of served as a trojan horse. In truth it wasn't very fair on Fullarton, a manager has to be allowed to manage and not be forced to play players who are undermining what he's trying to do, but we had to get rid of Fullarton to get rid of the Trews.
Unless people want Nolan out, which I don't think anybody does, I don't think it's helpful to pursue that line of questioning. Though to be fair it wasn't as bad as it was made out on here.

DelroyFacey22
24-08-2017, 02:55 PM
Fullarton absolutely had to be questioned about Aborah and it arguably should've been done quicker, fans were singing his name during games and at that point he was still one of our most liked players by the fans and arguably one of our best, the fact that he was nowhere to be seen but was at Meadow Lane on match days and playing for the reserves meant that the fans deserved answers. It also showed what a complete liar and worthless sack of sh*t Fullarton was...

I don't think (Charlie) Slater is putting anything on, he's always asked the tough questions when he's interviewed Mansfield managers and will always do his best to get an answer from them, unlike Colin, who would very rarely ask a decent question and if it was a difficult one for a manager to answer he would quickly move along to avoid anything awkward and go back to something trivial, Charlie is the opposite of that and I hope he doesn't change.

irish_pie
24-08-2017, 03:24 PM

Have heard a few of his interviews and I am impressed so far, not afraid to ask the tough questions which is always fun to hear... looking forward to hearing from him this season

Wedgie_pie
24-08-2017, 03:53 PM
Said on here before he started with Notts that he would do a good job bearing in mind his Mansfield commentaries and interviews..So I'm pleased so far in the job he's doing, seems a good bloke when he's on normal daytime radio, has a sense of humour which maybe useful when watching Notts...

ancientpie
24-08-2017, 04:17 PM
Saturday was the 1st time I've had the chance to listen to him & although he did the basics right ie he remembered who & where we were playing :):) I missed the passion of "Uncle Col" hopefully as he starts to recognize players automatically( something that I cannot now do but then again I don't get paid to) he will be able to relax & not seem so Robotic. I thought he pushed the interview with Forte a bit far but perhaps is yet to learn that his job will be a lot easier if he doesn't "rock the boat" good luck to the bloke.

Carlton_Pie
24-08-2017, 04:31 PM
Saturday was the 1st time I've had the chance to listen to him & although he did the basics right ie he remembered who & where we were playing :):) I missed the passion of "Uncle Col" hopefully as he starts to recognize players automatically( something that I cannot now do but then again I don't get paid to) he will be able to relax & not seem so Robotic. I thought he pushed the interview with Forte a bit far but perhaps is yet to learn that his job will be a lot easier if he doesn't "rock the boat" good luck to the bloke.

Passion whilst getting players and teams wrong...no thanks. The new Slater every time

i961pie
24-08-2017, 07:54 PM

What passion? He got more excited when our opponents scored.