PDA

View Full Version : Sheridan et al ...

TheBlackHorse
24-08-2017, 12:00 PM
... does any else sense a certain clumsiness with regard to employment issues at ML?
In terms of Sheridan his conduct appeared to be beyond a line which is acceptable. That the LMA, which vies for being prime leech together with the PFA, is involved is no surprise given they too probably have money to burn (on something).
Has anyone also noticed that there has been a steady movement out of ML by other staff, some of loyal and long service, who propped up the club when all around them was disharmony? They probably don't have the strength of an effective union to support their cause.
Do new brooms sweep clean or just shuffle matters under the carpet?

keldsyke
24-08-2017, 12:20 PM
... does any else sense a certain clumsiness with regard to employment issues at ML?
In terms of Sheridan his conduct appeared to be beyond a line which is acceptable. That the LMA, which vies for being prime leech together with the PFA, is involved is no surprise given they too probably have money to burn (on something).
Has anyone also noticed that there has been a steady movement out of ML by other staff, some of loyal and long service, who propped up the club when all around them was disharmony? They probably don't have the strength of an effective union to support their cause.

Yeah I wish Branston, Mr T and Mrs T were still here...... I guess we've won 3 on the trot so some negativity needs to appear from somewhere on this board.

upthemaggies
24-08-2017, 12:42 PM

With a new regime at the very top, you have to expect a lot of change, even if it is just for change's sake, they're going to want to bring in their own people. Pavis basically got rid of Jimmy Sirrel, the greatest servant this club has ever had.

Old_pie
24-08-2017, 01:06 PM
Pavis basically got rid of Jimmy Sirrel, the greatest servant this club has ever had.

Got to take issue with that. JS was the greatest manager (in anyone's living memory) but the accolade of greatest servant surely has to go to Jimmy Wheeler.

JoePass
24-08-2017, 01:22 PM
Got to take issue with that. JS was the greatest manager (in anyone's living memory) but the accolade of greatest servant surely has to go to Jimmy Wheeler.

Is the right answer. But his name is Jack.

countygump
24-08-2017, 01:30 PM

His name WAS Jack but he didn't live in the back of the Greta Garbo home for wayward boys and girls.

In other news..............

http://www.nottinghampost.com/sport/football/notts-county-set-court-battle-373861

LaxtonLad
24-08-2017, 02:19 PM

Aye aye, 'That's Your Lot!'

Carlton_Pie
24-08-2017, 02:22 PM

Why would you not move these "loyal"people out and get your own people in?

Surely that's just basic business and we would all do the same if it were our money being invested?

Just coz they have been loyal during tough timew doesn't mean they are the right person for job. Thank them for their service but if they were being paid a wage, the club owes them nothing.

Old_pie
24-08-2017, 03:14 PM

Facepalm, blush blush. Yes if I hadn't abbreviated JS I wouldn't have had Jimmy on my brain.

Old_pie
24-08-2017, 03:18 PM
http://www.nottinghampost.com/sport/football/notts-county-set-court-battle-373861

Well if the club loses this then AH can tell the courts to do one without fear of recrimination.

ancientpie
24-08-2017, 04:28 PM
I still think that it was a "sacking of convenience" & if we had won the previous 10 matches wouldn't have happened, but with the evidence that has been made public Sheridan has no defence & I find it disgusting that the LMA are backing him.

frenchmagpie
24-08-2017, 05:21 PM
I still think that it was a "sacking of convenience" & if we had won the previous 10 matches wouldn't have happened, but with the evidence that has been made public Sheridan has no defence & I find it disgusting that the LMA are backing him.

Surely this depends on what was in his contract ? If effing and blinding is described as gross misconduct then he's lost. If it isn't referred to then the court/tribunal may consider it normal in his job.

i961pie
24-08-2017, 07:51 PM

Was he christened Jack? The reason I ask because Johns were often called Jack, a bit like Henrys being called Harry.