PDA

View Full Version : This new stadium, justv a wee thought....

jdfc
24-08-2017, 02:54 PM
If dark blue property holdings will own this stadium, what money do the club make out of it, the way I see it...

The yanks are investors, they have bought a piece of land, they will build a stadium on it, then they will rent the stadium and adjoining facilities out,

Will we be paying a rent, like next door if they join us ?

What happens when the yanks move on, it's all right them saying, "we're in this for the long haul", but just how long, is the long haul, do they then sell dark blue holdings, and are we then left paying rent to another landlord.

I notice there are only two shares attached to dark blue holdings, one in Keyes name, the other Nelms, why no third in the name of Dundee Football Club ?

I'm not trying to scare monger here, but it really doesn't all add up.

noahrab
24-08-2017, 03:17 PM
If dark blue property holdings will own this stadium, what money do the club make out of it, the way I see it...

The yanks are investors, they have bought a piece of land, they will build a stadium on it, then they will rent the stadium and adjoining facilities out,

Will we be paying a rent, like next door if they join us ?

What happens when the yanks move on, it's all right them saying, "we're in this for the long haul", but just how long, is the long haul, do they then sell dark blue holdings, and are we then left paying rent to another landlord.

I notice there are only two shares attached to dark blue holdings, one in Keyes name, the other Nelms, why no third in the name of Dundee Football Club ?

I'm not trying to scare monger here, but it really doesn't all add up.

How much does DFC have to invest in the purchase of the land and building of the stadium?

shaded
24-08-2017, 04:55 PM
with our past history we should tread very carefully and check everything inside out and if we miss the boat then so be it,

noah i wouldna think we as a club have much of a pot ti pissss in after the essentials are taken care of however the yanks have long banged their drum re what the club means to them and the history also so that should count just as much as money however we all know what makes the world go round

me im ain o the cautious people and with our history quite rightly so

jdfc
24-08-2017, 06:01 PM
How much does DFC have to invest in the purchase of the land and building of the stadium?

Wouldn't like to take a guess, but would feel better if the club actually had a share in dark blue holdings, maybe one free share a safe guard, let the yanks recoup their initial outlay, then we can be on the same level as them, sharing the profits.

noahrab
25-08-2017, 07:11 AM
Wouldn't like to take a guess, but would feel better if the club actually had a share in dark blue holdings, maybe one free share a safe guard, let the yanks recoup their initial outlay, then we can be on the same level as them, sharing the profits.

From what I can see they've done alright by us up till now so long may it continue.

Michel_Pageaud
25-08-2017, 08:54 AM
I dont think Dundee FC will have any part in the new stadium other than the fact that we are tennants. I would imagine we will sign some long term lease agreement from the stadium and training facilities.

As for the Americans they are looking at this as an oportunity to
a) Build Dundee FCs brand by giving them a better platform to play on.
b) Build a venue capable of holding a multidue of events that other people are going to pay for.

Lets say the stadium costs somewhere in the region of £20-25 million to build. A quick google search will find you large scale mortgage companies, who ok its only an estimate, can offer a 20 year mortgage of £120k a month.

If you bring in the scum down the road along with various other events through out the year, they will easily cover the payments on the stadium.

I actually believe the Americans are good for the club, they have certainly invested since they have been at the club although it hasnt exactly worked out on the park. But i dont for one minute believe they are here because all they care about is Dundee FC. There here to make money, and this is the type of thing they have been eyeing up all along.

BCram
25-08-2017, 10:43 AM
I dont think Dundee FC will have any part in the new stadium other than the fact that we are tennants. I would imagine we will sign some long term lease agreement from the stadium and training facilities.

As for the Americans they are looking at this as an oportunity to
a) Build Dundee FCs brand by giving them a better platform to play on.
b) Build a venue capable of holding a multidue of events that other people are going to pay for.

Lets say the stadium costs somewhere in the region of £20-25 million to build. A quick google search will find you large scale mortgage companies, who ok its only an estimate, can offer a 20 year mortgage of £120k a month.

If you bring in the scum down the road along with various other events through out the year, they will easily cover the payments on the stadium.

I actually believe the Americans are good for the club, they have certainly invested since they have been at the club although it hasnt exactly worked out on the park. But i dont for one minute believe they are here because all they care about is Dundee FC. There here to make money, and this is the type of thing they have been eyeing up all along.

I would hope that the new stadium does not rely on ground sharing.

noahrab
25-08-2017, 12:07 PM
I would hope that the new stadium does not rely on ground sharing.

It wont rely on it but the DABs will be tenants.

Word.

jdfc
25-08-2017, 12:48 PM
From what I can see they've done alright by us up till now so long may it continue.

I can't disagree with that, I'd just like some form of security for the future, it would also be good to think we can make a few bob of the stadium, but I can't see how that can happen, the club will be left to survive on gate receipts ect, but nothing from say, concerts in the summer, or people using the facilities during the week.

Michel_Pageaud
25-08-2017, 01:03 PM
This is all just simple buisness people types moving things around to in the end, end up getting richer. Keyes and Nelms are buisness men, there not Dundee fans. There here to make money.

Dundee FC at Dens will not generate money for them. A new stadium funded by the bank, with Dundee paying the rent gives them a facility that they own that generates income for them. We get the benefit of new facilites and a more attractive brand to entice more people to come watch, which in turn under the right management gives us a more succesful team on the park.

jdfc
25-08-2017, 01:17 PM
This is all just simple buisness people types moving things around to in the end, end up getting richer. Keyes and Nelms are buisness men, there not Dundee fans. There here to make money.

Dundee FC at Dens will not generate money for them. A new stadium funded by the bank, with Dundee paying the rent gives them a facility that they own that generates income for them. We get the benefit of new facilites and a more attractive brand to entice more people to come watch, which in turn under the right management gives us a more succesful team on the park.

All in an ideal world, I don't disagree, I'm more worried about when they set sail across the pond

Michel_Pageaud
25-08-2017, 01:28 PM
By that time we will have won the league, in the group stages of the champions league and we can buy the stadium off them......

jdfc
25-08-2017, 01:59 PM
By that time we will have won the league, in the group stages of the champions league and we can buy the stadium off them......
Great, as long as know one weakens us up ��