PDA

View Full Version : Spurs fans view on Carter Vickers

Roygbiv
25-08-2017, 12:24 PM
https://roysviewfrom.wordpress.com/2017/08/25/spurs-fans-view-on-cameron-carter-vickers/

RonnieWaldock
25-08-2017, 12:46 PM
Cheers Roy. A very mixed bag. I'll reserve judgement until I've seen him a few times. Looks good on that clip on S2 v Chelsea Academy, but that was only at that level - but they did have Abrahams playing for them and he kept him quiet. Let's hope that he makes a similar impact to that of EEL when he first signed.

Potto rates him - I assume CW and AK rate him - so he can't be that bad.

Gratifying to note that we now have loans from the top two in the PL last season. Moving in the right direction!

tomytony
25-08-2017, 12:48 PM
Sounds like a work in progress rather than solid and dependable.

CW will need to work some magic

shorehamoldboy
25-08-2017, 01:07 PM
oh cmon tt give chris some credit here i think its a fantastic signing for us

bulmer1889
25-08-2017, 01:21 PM
Doesn't sound like we can put him in the middle alongside O'Connell and basham more like on either side of Wright so he can guide him as he did with EEL last season

tomytony
25-08-2017, 01:22 PM
oh cmon tt give chris some credit here i think its a fantastic signing for us

Where exactly in my post is there any criticism of the signing?

My first sentence is a logical conclusion drawn from the Spurs fans comments.

My second simply states that CW will have to work with/on him.

shorehamoldboy
25-08-2017, 02:17 PM
chris will need to work magic that sounds to me like you dont think its a good signing to me tt do you propose we pay blackburns ridicoulous asking price of 5mill for lenighan then ?

GrayBlade
25-08-2017, 02:21 PM
Like I said, there's a 7+ page thread about him leaving on their main forum at 19 years of age so he must have something about him. Most thst age won't even get a mention at that level.

tomytony
25-08-2017, 02:24 PM
chris will need to work magic that sounds to me like you dont think its a good signing to me tt do you propose we pay blackburns ridicoulous asking price of 5mill for lenighan then ?

"Chris will need to work some magic" implies that he has previously and he can with another.

You interpret it any way you want but don't try, poorly, to conflate 2 seperate issues.

I was commenting on THIS signing only.

Conversely I could accuse you of not trusting CW's judgement, because he wants Lenighan, but you seem critical of this by questioning the decision.

shorehamoldboy
25-08-2017, 02:59 PM
yes he wants lenighan but not at 5mill and rightly so weve bid 2mill i believe and thats what hes worth i think by signing this promising spurs lad that interest may be over now i think its a really exciting signing

FatherKnowsBest
25-08-2017, 03:03 PM
Confucious said "It is better to be a rough diamond than a perfect pebble"

tomytony
25-08-2017, 03:05 PM
yes he wants lenighan but not at 5mill and rightly so weve bid 2mill i believe and thats what hes worth i think by signing this promising spurs lad that interest may be over now i think its a really exciting signing

I hope so SOB and never implied any different.

As to what the B/burn lad is worth then that's down to CW

rodcurrie
25-08-2017, 03:14 PM
Sounds like a work in progress rather than solid and dependable.

CW will need to work some magicAre there any solid and dependable 19 year old Centre backs? I remember us signing Kyle Bartley and he was raw but ya could see he had ability and to be fair he's been in and around the Prem and Championship since he was here.As the Professor(Ronaldo) has said, wait and see what he's like after a few games,i agree.UTCB

rodcurrie
25-08-2017, 03:15 PM
Doesn't sound like we can put him in the middle alongside O'Connell and basham more like on either side of Wright so he can guide him as he did with EEL last seasonIf Jake is injured we'll have no option will we? UTCB

shorehamoldboy
25-08-2017, 03:17 PM
never had anybody by that name rodney we did once have kyle bartley though

bulmer1889
25-08-2017, 03:20 PM
I'd be tempted to move O'Connell inside and put laffertey on the left rather than basham and move freeman although that might be in his mind as he played freeman there on tues,I think if he plays CCV in the middle it's asking for trouble against these

shorehamoldboy
we could go to 4 3 3 rod sharpy up front with brooks and carruthers buzzing round him although got a feeling chris would like to stick with 3 5 2 at home so lavery will probably come in if thats the case would love to see baldock given a start but dont know where he would fit in

rodcurrie
never had anybody by that name rodney we did once have kyle bartley thoughWell done on spottin today's deliberate mistake owd lad.:)By the way it's roderick not rodney.:) I don't see Carruthers startin,Duffy deserves to start after his Barnsley performance in my view.Sooner BROOKSY start than Lavery,altho Caolon deserves some sympathy havin the clown Blockmod praisin him. UTCB

tomytony
25-08-2017, 03:27 PM
Are there any solid and dependable 19 year old Centre backs? I remember us signing Kyle Bartley and he was raw but ya could see he had ability and to be fair he's been in and around the Prem and Championship since he was here.As the Professor(Ronaldo) has said, wait and see what he's like after a few games,i agree.UTCB

Barkley's worse than his bite eh Rod? :)

What I was saying is that due to the variety and breadth of opinion by the Spurs fans he sounds less 'solid' than some.Of course time will tell and, at that age, mistakes are to be expected and, unlike some, hopefully he pearns quickly from them.

He's not Joe Shaw after all.

shorehamoldboy
25-08-2017, 03:30 PM
well your second name is ok he was my hero as well with clarke suspended hanson injured evans not match fit and lavery not looking up to this level chris needs to bring another striker in before window shuts only need sharpy to get injured and were in big trouble

rodcurrie
25-08-2017, 03:34 PM

What I was saying is that due to the variety and breadth of opinion by the Spurs fans he sounds less 'solid' than some.Of course time will tell and, at that age, mistakes are to be expected and, unlike some, hopefully he pearns quickly from them.

He's not Joe Shaw after all.I wasn't havin a dig,but it's obvious he'll not be the finished article at 19 in't it? I hope Jake's fit,he'll look after the kid.UTCB

tomytony
25-08-2017, 03:37 PM
I wasn't havin a dig,but it's obvious he'll not be the finished article at 19 in't it? I hope Jake's fit,he'll look after the kid.UTCB

Appreciate that Rod.

If he does as well as Magic Hat and Wright have since coming he'll be more than OK

shorehamoldboy
25-08-2017, 04:11 PM
i think chris sees him as a player he can put straight in got a feeling he may start tomorrow

Darnall Siam Blade
25-08-2017, 05:30 PM

He's not Joe Shaw after all.
Agree TMT- but then, who is?

Twirlo70
25-08-2017, 06:15 PM
sounds a reight donkey. we ant got time to let him gain experience. we need it na.suppose the women and rod will love him to take his shirt of lmao

tomytony
25-08-2017, 06:23 PM
Agree TMT- but then, who is?

:)

rodcurrie
25-08-2017, 07:28 PM
sounds a reight donkey. we ant got time to let him gain experience. we need it na.suppose the women and rod will love him to take his shirt of lmao Well that's a new one for me Twirls,well done.UTCB

berty
26-08-2017, 07:13 AM
I hope he doesn't have lead boots or he will be shiite.