PDA

View Full Version : Brooks gets international called up...

GrayBlade
25-08-2017, 02:18 PM
For WALES U21. :O

Go figure that decision.

FatherKnowsBest
25-08-2017, 03:02 PM

Go figure that decision.

His Grandad liked leeks.

rodcurrie
25-08-2017, 03:06 PM

Go figure that decision.

6189Why not put more info in the title Gray? Poor poor effort owd lad.BROOKSY's mum's a Welsh lass.Apparently TC has said BROOKSY could be another Gareth Bale,no pressure theer then.:) UTCB

tomytony
25-08-2017, 03:06 PM
His Grandad liked leeks.

Was he a plumber?

rodcurrie
25-08-2017, 03:07 PM
Was he a plumber?No he was always on the pish.UTCB

tomytony
25-08-2017, 03:32 PM
No he was always on the pish.UTCB

Or in it. :)

GrayBlade
25-08-2017, 03:42 PM
I understand all about his Mam. What I don't understand is why he'd pick Wales when he's started to make a name for himself with England.

tomytony
25-08-2017, 03:43 PM
I understand all about his Mam. What I don't understand is why he'd pick Wales when he's started to make a name for himself with England.

To Bale them out?

Seriously I was more than surprised too GB

GrayBlade
25-08-2017, 03:47 PM
Why not put more info in the title Gray? Poor poor effort owd lad.BROOKSY's mum's a Welsh lass.Apparently TC has said BROOKSY could be another Gareth Bale,no pressure theer then.:) UTCB

It was clear, concise and not at all misleading, and most importantly it was about a footballer who plays for the BLADES, not an Australian shot putter ;) UTB.

GrayBlade
25-08-2017, 03:50 PM
To Bale them out?

Seriously I was more than surprised too GB
Somebody has just told me that he can change allegiances until he's 21, but I can't see Southgate having him back unless he really comes good at international level. Somebody must have advised him though so good luck to the kid.

tomytony
25-08-2017, 03:55 PM
Somebody has just told me that he can change allegiances until he's 21, but I can't see Southgate having him back unless he really comes good at international level. Somebody must have advised him though so good luck to the kid.

After doing so well withthe U17's I would have thought he was firmly on the radar with England.

Maybe the experience at U21 level is the attraction.

GrayBlade
25-08-2017, 10:37 PM
Not sure if he can keep changing his mind. Suspect he's committed to Wales now. Rob Page always wanted him and Brooks has responded to feeling wanted. Wales called him up for the U21's. England decided to exclude the player of the Toulon tournament from their U21 squad. This is despite Brooks committing to England at the expense of Wales. Englands loss why should he show loyalty to them in the future?

Until England change their big club players selection only policy we will continue to lose out on gems like Brooks. Good luck to the lad

Put that way, yes it does make sense, like you say good luck to him.

U-F-O
26-08-2017, 10:30 AM

Thats correct G, he can play for whoever he's eligible to play for until he's 21. Has to commit to one or t'other then. More than likely be the country thats been picking him I would have thought.

BlockD
26-08-2017, 11:56 AM
Somebody in our u21s set up needs to be sacked,if they have omitted DB from the England squad,what more can the lad do,star of the tournament in the summer,and made a good start to this season

Our big loss,Wales gain

tomytony
26-08-2017, 12:24 PM
Somebody in our u21s set up needs to be sacked,if they have omitted DB from the England squad,what more can the lad do,star of the tournament in the summer,and made a good start to this season

Our big loss,Wales gain

:). Got to agree, he can't do more than be Player of the Tournament in his age group can he?

rodcurrie
26-08-2017, 06:05 PM
It was clear, concise and not at all misleading, and most importantly it was about a footballer who plays for the BLADES, not an Australian shot putter ;) UTB.You didn't put for Wales in your title,and your title says Brooks gets International called up,which is clearly a wrong statement.If ya want anymore English lessons i will charge the goin rate mi owd pal.:D Happy Satdi to all my fellow BLADES,both TRUE ones and t'others.Chris Wilder's one of our own.UTCB

tomytony
26-08-2017, 06:10 PM
You didn't put for Wales in your title,and your title says Brooks gets International called up,which is clearly a wrong statement.If ya want anymore English lessons i will charge the goin rate mi owd pal.:D Happy Satdi to all my fellow BLADES,both TRUE ones and t'others.Chris Wilder's one of our own.UTCB

So, playing for Wales in not an international call up according to that 'logic'. :)

Whilst it may not be as valued as an England call up ( to xenophobic Englishmen) I am sure it still qualifies!