PDA

View Full Version : Green on his way

Silentman
25-08-2017, 05:42 PM
To Udds apparently (I did say he'd be gone before end of this window) with return for Lonergan from Wolves as his replacement.

BelfastAndy
25-08-2017, 05:44 PM
Lonergan coming back?

WTF11
25-08-2017, 06:44 PM
To Udds apparently (I did say he'd be gone before end of this window) with return for Lonergan from Wolves as his replacement.

If true, foolish. Don't care about one fluff against Newport, he's a better keeper than Wiedwald overall and streets ahead of any possible seconds-string replacement.

Rev72
25-08-2017, 07:24 PM
If he wants to go then he goes..not a lot we can do.

CalverleyBoy
25-08-2017, 07:35 PM
Lets give Paul Rachubka another chance, he is currently playing in Kerala so should be easy to tempt him back.

Silentman
25-08-2017, 08:50 PM
If he wants to go then he goes..not a lot we can do.

Problem is Rev I think the Club has foolishly and unnecessarily brought this on; should have started him as no1 until Wiedwald proved himself, chances are by then transfer window would be closed and Green would still be with us. I said after the Fulham game that you could tell Green was totally pi55ed off when he was warming up and obviously wanted to be anywhere else than at ER. The way the club has handled it now means we've probably got a very no2 no2.

joellufcprice
26-08-2017, 12:34 AM
I'm really beginning to question this stream of outgoings, it is all well and good us having a good first 11 (though in all honesty, I'm unconvinced that our current starting 11 is good enough) but you need that strength in depth and the current actions of our ownership is leaving me baffled as to what exactly our plan is.

Green, I could understand it if he was going to a team where he was likely to be number one, at his age I could understand wanting to be a regular starter and not a benchwarmer but he will be what 3rd choice at Huddersfield?

Lonergan is crap, he always was and there is a good reason he is available for free. Wiedwald, too early to judge, looks ok but hasn't had a right lot to do, if he was to get inured and we have to put Lonergan instead of having Green there it is going to cost us.

If Green goes and then this Dallas to Norwich thing becomes reality I'd have serious reservations about the ability of our club to hold onto anyone. Seems to me like the second they even hint at being unhappy we fold like a deck of cards and let them go.

espaņablanco73
26-08-2017, 09:01 AM
ifs buts and maybes.
its just not how you paint it at all Joel.
first of all, Green and Dallas havent gone anywhere(green going is understandable, wants 1st team games at his considerable age, Dallas id be more concerned about)
The only players worth keeping that have left are Taylor & Woods, 2 tw@ts who showed their desire NOT to play for LUFC, not much you can do in that circumstance, even if you are Barcelona or Man City.
Dont see how this makes us a "selling club".

pilgrimwhite
26-08-2017, 03:27 PM
no Rob Green in the squad today

CLIVETHELEEDSFAN
26-08-2017, 04:18 PM
Doesn't look good for Green

Jezleeds
26-08-2017, 07:23 PM
i think there could be something interesting at the club that is leading to these things - that there is someone/more than one who really really knows footballers, and knows the slightly better qualities of one over another - we seem to be seeing it with the new arrivals that have played so far, hopefully it will continue - that they are better than those they've replaced, perhaps sometimes for different reasons.

I think Wiedwald has been put in there because of his distribution - think i said before, like the Man City replacement for Hart. He clearly has better feet than Green, but like others i'm worried with what i've seen of his catching and clean shot stopping.

With Dallas, he's great at quite a lot, but he's slow for a winger, and more defensive than attacking at times. Clearly Alioski and Saiz are better than him in the attacking sense, and they also looking great defensively. If Dallas goes, maybe they will replace him with a sub for those two that is better than him all round.

Hate to tempt fate, but if whoever it is that's doing this recruitment is getting it so right so far, then offloading Bridcutt, Green, Dallas etc might turn out to be really good business as long as the replacements keep being as good as the new players so far. (Although i'm still reserving judgement on Wiedwald so far!)

espaņablanco73
26-08-2017, 09:45 PM
everyone can say hes dodgy, but hes got 4 clean sheets from 5. That speaks for itself.
Everyone said Wood was shighte, but he kept banging em in didnt he?

WTF11
26-08-2017, 10:02 PM
everyone can say hes dodgy, but hes got 4 clean sheets from 5. That speaks for itself.
Everyone said Wood was shighte, but he kept banging em in didnt he?

Sorry BB the comparison doesn't work. There hasn't been a match yet where opposition possession has been converted into sustained threat on goal, and the guys handling when shots/heads have been on goal has been less than impressive (as was the case today). The clean sheets are welcome, but they are the result of a solid defence (including Coopers efforts) making the keepers life relatively simple. Let's see how he performs when the bullets really start flying.

Jezleeds
27-08-2017, 07:41 AM
+1

espaņablanco73
27-08-2017, 08:41 AM
ok, hes shighte then. he was shighte in germany cos he conceeded a boatload of goals, and i guess hes shighte now cos hes conceeding nowt.

CLIVETHELEEDSFAN
27-08-2017, 08:41 AM
If wiedwald was that terrible though, no matter how good the defense is, he would have conceded more by now, let's enjoy the start we've made

Jezleeds
27-08-2017, 10:34 AM
Nobody's saying he's sh ite are they? Just saying he makes you nervous cos so far he's looked uncomfortable coming off his line and has failed to take cleanly most of the shots he's been asked to deal with. His distribution has been excellent. That's balanced evidence of someone that needs to improve, has ability but perhaps needs to grow into his role, not that he's 'sh ite'.

CLIVETHELEEDSFAN
27-08-2017, 11:42 AM
Surely he's only gonna gain confidence if the fans get behind him, his distribution is very good, its sets us off far quicker than green, yes the other parts of Felix's game need to improve but hes one of many new players, he's nearly matched his clean sheet tally from last season already, and this is with a supposidly weaker defence than what Leeds had last season, with 2 good players still to come back from injury, let's face it, we couldn't have asked for a much better start to the season, unbeaten, professional performances against lower league in the cup, solid and at times skillful performances in the league, I'm pretty damn happy right now regarding our amazing football club! MOT!!!

whitestomper45
27-08-2017, 11:52 AM
If he was that bad doubt the defence would be playing with confidence...Green was injured which meant he had to wait his chance, especially when incumbent is having clean sheets.
Rumour is he's going to Dudds, if that's true.. a team with 3 clean sheets and new keeper getting good reviews....would hardly be expecting to be No1 there either. Will be interesting to see if he does go to, what team he expects to walk in as No1.

Rev72
27-08-2017, 11:55 AM
Going for a last decent payday?

Might as well sit on hiss ass there for more money than sit on his ass here for less.

Billyni
27-08-2017, 12:04 PM
At the minute, my granny could do goals. And shes been dead 50 years.

Rev72
27-08-2017, 02:25 PM
Gone official.

WTF11
27-08-2017, 04:06 PM
ok, hes shighte then. he was shighte in germany cos he conceeded a boatload of goals, and i guess hes shighte now cos hes conceeding nowt.

You need to get a grip m8!. Nobody (on clouding me!), is saying he's sh1te, just that he hasn't had anything like a full pressure game, and his handling simply doesn't a generate confidence.

If he stops as well as he distributes, then all will be well, but if you insist on mentioning the last few games before joining Leeds, just like Greens fall off has been mentioned, no he wasn't very good at the end, was he?

WTF11
27-08-2017, 04:11 PM
The club terminates Greens contract and re-signs Lonergan FFS. Dumb, p1ss poor player management and a totally unnecessary f00k up

leedsutdman
27-08-2017, 04:25 PM
The club terminates Greens contract and re-signs Lonergan FFS. Dumb, p1ss poor player management and a totally unnecessary f00k up

I'm just glad you have something to moan about again, it's been a quiet few weeks for you I'm sure. 😖

george_kaplan
27-08-2017, 04:43 PM

We don't know that yet mate, let's wait and see. The management since running our club...the positives far out weigh the negatives. We don't know what Green wanted etc....lets get behind the team and see what pans out.

WTF11
27-08-2017, 05:08 PM
I'm just glad you have something to moan about again, it's been a quiet few weeks for you I'm sure. 😖

Look back through this thread and others, been saying that same since Wiedwald was signed, whilst being positive about the performances in general and specifically about Saiz and Elioski, it's called balance.

You think our two second string goalies are on the same planet as Green? And Wiedwald IS NOT a proven stopper in this league, no matter what early results might indicate.

WTF11
27-08-2017, 05:09 PM

Although it's touching that you should be concerned about my well being, thanks!😉

leedsutdman
27-08-2017, 06:32 PM
Although it's touching that you should be concerned about my well being, thanks!😉

You're welcome!! 😂😂😂

Silentman
27-08-2017, 08:28 PM
All done and dusted now. Wiedwald is no1 so it's sh1t or bust now, no top class back up available.

norfolk white
27-08-2017, 08:35 PM
Didn't think that lonergen was such a bad keeper, no doubt others will put me right.....and he's younger than green.

whitestomper45
27-08-2017, 11:30 PM
You need to get a grip m8!. Nobody (on clouding me!), is saying he's sh1te, just that he hasn't had anything like a full pressure game, and his handling simply doesn't a generate confidence.

If he stops as well as he distributes, then all will be well, but if you insist on mentioning the last few games before joining Leeds, just like Greens fall off has been mentioned, no he wasn't very good at the end, was he?

Statts isolated,don't always tell the whole story: Those last 3 games in which they lost and let in 13 goals...

The 3 teams were above Bremen in the top 5......Bremen scored 9 goals in them 3 games, 3 each time so 3-4 3-4 3-5
2 of the 3 Felix had a better rating than the opposing goalkeeper
Bremen were the 5th highest scoring team so despite being the worst defence their goal difference was joint 7th, so the club obviously had the Kevin Keegan/Ossie Ardiles approach to defending

WTF11
27-08-2017, 11:59 PM
Statts isolated,don't always tell the whole story: Those last 3 games in which they lost and let in 13 goals...

The 3 teams were above Bremen in the top 5......Bremen scored 9 goals in them 3 games, 3 each time so 3-4 3-4 3-5
2 of the 3 Felix had a better rating than the opposing goalkeeper
Bremen were the 5th highest scoring team so despite being the worst defence their goal difference was joint 7th, so the club obviously had the Kevin Keegan/Ossie Ardiles approach to defending

There you go WS, selecting the bits of a post the fit what you want to say

I'm not alone in making the point that while there have been very welcome clean sheets, Wiedwald has had little in the way of pressure to contend with, so while he might not be "shigte" he isn't proven yet.

It was BB who raise the record of his last few matches āt Bremen, not me.

whitestomper45
28-08-2017, 12:22 AM
I believe (possibly wrong) that BB's "shyte" remarks were a tad tongue in cheek. Aimed at our resident doom//gloom merchants. Am sure I can troll and find your comments regarding the signing of Felix and probably all the other shyte signings and shyte manager from a non entity league, you had us all depressed in the summer. Even now we have got off to a fairly good start which even you have admitted to such...you can't stop yourself looking at everything in the worst case scenario, supposedly as a balanced view, which it isn't... as if we are all rose tinted lemmings who abide by the clubs every move....just once in a while you might give the club/us some slack and see how things pan out...like now

espaņablanco73
28-08-2017, 06:30 AM
quite righte WS, anyway, its all done now, dont think Longeran is a bad number 2 anyway, anyone thinking 2 "world class keepers" are going to toss it off at Leeds are deranged. What i would say though is this move shows the club has complete confidence in our new No1, and i for 1 trust their judgement more than i trust WTFs, also enough with this cr@p about not having done it in this league, hes come from a top 10 bundesliga club ffs, not second division in Bolivia.

Jezleeds
28-08-2017, 06:53 AM
Blimey it really isn't a good idea to say something analytical is it?

To be fair to WTF (and i've had plenty of moments where i've rolled my eyes at his extreme comments too) all he (and I) have said on here is that he hasn't always looked secure during the games so far.

The sh ite comments didn't seem tongue in cheek to me, but maybe they were - they seemed to be more a suggestion of other people's supposedly extreme comments, when in reality, people have just offered a suggestion/opinion, based on nothing more than observations as football fans.

Isn't that the definition of what an online football forum is for?

I believe (possibly wrong) that BB's "shyte" remarks were a tad tongue in cheek. Aimed at our resident doom//gloom merchants. Am sure I can troll and find your comments regarding the signing of Felix and probably all the other shyte signings and shyte manager from a non entity league, you had us all depressed in the summer. Even now we have got off to a fairly good start which even you have admitted to such...you can't stop yourself looking at everything in the worst case scenario, supposedly as a balanced view, which it isn't... as if we are all rose tinted lemmings who abide by the clubs every move....just once in a while you might give the club/us some slack and see how things pan out...like now

whitestomper45
28-08-2017, 07:12 AM
Analytical????? Green leaves, Lonergan in...WTF straight in as usual with its all the clubs fault blah blah...Green is happy to be No 3/4 Keeper for more pay at Dudds. Obviously LUFC got fed up somewhere along the line with his sulking attitude and got rid...that's the correct way to keep team spirit up (Arsenal take note) don't think Lonergan is a long planned replacement, he wasn't allocated a squad number at Wolves (the new manager has brought in new goalkeepers) so was a quick cover option.
Felix distribution has been an integral part of why we are putting other teams on the back foot, something Green is poor at.. if our back4 keeps doing its job he wont have many saves to make.

WTF11
28-08-2017, 09:32 AM
quite righte WS, anyway, its all done now, dont think Longeran is a bad number 2 anyway, anyone thinking 2 "world class keepers" are going to toss it off at Leeds are deranged. What i would say though is this move shows the club has complete confidence in our new No1, and i for 1 trust their judgement more than i trust WTFs, also enough with this cr@p about not having done it in this league, hes come from a top 10 bundesliga club ffs, not second division in Bolivia.

Just where does WS stop and your nose (or other bodily part) begin BB?

Get a room ffs!

WTF11
28-08-2017, 09:41 AM
Analytical????? Green leaves, Lonergan in...WTF straight in as usual with its all the clubs fault blah blah...Green is happy to be No 3/4 Keeper for more pay at Dudds. Obviously LUFC got fed up somewhere along the line with his sulking attitude and got rid...that's the correct way to keep team spirit up (Arsenal take note) don't think Lonergan is a long planned replacement, he wasn't allocated a squad number at Wolves (the new manager has brought in new goalkeepers) so was a quick cover option.
Felix distribution has been an integral part of why we are putting other teams on the back foot, something Green is poor at.. if our back4 keeps doing its job he wont have many saves to make.

LUFC signed Wiedwald, let Silvestri go and made the newcomer 1st choice whilst leaving Green to cool his heels having been part of the squad that nearly got into the playoffs, whilst giving others in the same squad starting honours even though rumours of departure applied to them all summer (and have since become reality). So Green is supposed to smile and say thanks for........? "Sulking attitude", and you would be so different?

We're left with 1st choice goalkeeper who remains unproven against good championship opposition, behind a defence that is rock solid. Let's see what happens when neither applies. As for 2nd/3rd string, BPF/Lonergan yeah super.

Jezleeds
28-08-2017, 10:12 AM
Yeah you missed my point - i was actually talking about my own comments - analytical meaning they have some basis in evidence that's been achieved through observation, rather than just unsubstantiated - i think i was the first on the thread to say that Wiedwald made me nervous for various reasons i've seen.

WTF11
28-08-2017, 10:16 AM

So Lonergan being a "quick cover option" and not even capable of getting a squad number at Wolves, smacks of intelligent long term planning by LUFC in relation to one of the most important positions in the squad, hmmmmm? And BPF? Deary me.

LeedsFTW
28-08-2017, 09:41 PM
Felix & BPF are the intelligent long term planning, Lonergan is just an adequate short term safety net whom will rarely be called upon. ;D

whitestomper45
28-08-2017, 10:49 PM
So Lonergan being a "quick cover option" and not even capable of getting a squad number at Wolves, smacks of intelligent long term planning by LUFC in relation to one of the most important positions in the squad, hmmmmm? And BPF? Deary me.

You have no idea why the club were happy to rip up his contract and tell to do one...If he's not happy to wait, prove folk wrong and win his place back then I for one am glad his fecked off... no one has a right to expect to be on the teamsheet, especially howler Green

Do you not notice any difference in our build up play this season? something we were lacking last year

whitestomper45
29-08-2017, 12:05 AM
Yeah you missed my point - i was actually talking about my own comments - analytical meaning they have some basis in evidence that's been achieved through observation, rather than just unsubstantiated - i think i was the first on the thread to say that Wiedwald made me nervous for various reasons i've seen.

Aah the famous WTF retort "missed point", in fairness my replies have been aimed at WTF. Despite all his predictions here we are unbeaten, playing good football, led by a manager and back up support who seem to know a foreign bargain or two. I dont expect every signing to come up trumps nor do I expect us to breeze through the season. And yes Felix needs to improve part of his game but his distribution has been key for the way we now play.
So I'd expect us all to be fairly happy...then we get the news Green has gone, and on queue guess whose fault WTF attributed it to..not 50/50 not Green's no as per usual its all LUFC fault...it's now fkn boring

WTF11
29-08-2017, 08:01 AM
You have no idea why the club were happy to rip up his contract and tell to do one...If he's not happy to wait, prove folk wrong and win his place back then I for one am glad his fecked off... no one has a right to expect to be on the teamsheet, especially howler Green

Do you not notice any difference in our build up play this season? something we were lacking last year

And I get called a "politician"

I suspect the club and player were "happy to rip up his contract", given the background to where we are now;

1. You serve as No.1 goalkeeper in a side that finishes higher in the division than we have since returning to the Championship
2. Old No. 2 goalkeeper sold
3. No.3 goalkeeper brought back from loan to fill the gap
4. New goalkeeper bought who has no previous experience in the Championship
5. New goalkeeper made No.1 (in pre-season)

Describe that to anyone and have them put themselves in Greens position, I suspect most would be happy to go to a club willing to pay a reasonable salary even if you do end up on the bench (its business after all, isn't it?)

WTF11
29-08-2017, 08:05 AM
Aah the famous WTF retort "missed point", in fairness my replies have been aimed at WTF. Despite all his predictions here we are unbeaten, playing good football, led by a manager and back up support who seem to know a foreign bargain or two. I dont expect every signing to come up trumps nor do I expect us to breeze through the season. And yes Felix needs to improve part of his game but his distribution has been key for the way we now play.
So I'd expect us all to be fairly happy...then we get the news Green has gone, and on queue guess whose fault WTF attributed it to..not 50/50 not Green's no as per usual its all LUFC fault...it's now fkn boring

"Despite all his predictions"? Have a trawl through any of my posts and see where I predicted anything regarding results. My beef is, was and will be the way our club has "bought into" the concept of leaving behind the development of our youth players, in preference for doing so for the Spanish sub-prime leagues.

As for why Green has left, yes, absolutely the clubs "fault" (see post #45), I suspect Green would have been happy to figure in Championship matches once fit, but that's not his decision. It is his right (and that of every other worker) to seek employment elsewhere if they think they are being badly managed, he was, he left, end of.

CLIVETHELEEDSFAN
29-08-2017, 08:31 AM
I don't Blame green for leaving, but why go to a team who themselves have just bought a new number one gk, well loaned him as far as I'm aware, at his age, if he wants to play, you go to a club where you will be first choice, not that anyone will care but silvestri was number one, then we signed green who instantly became number one, demoting silvestri, silvestri sticks it out for a season, ultimately being sold when he was demoted to 3rd choice

WTF11
29-08-2017, 08:42 AM
I don't Blame green for leaving, but why go to a team who themselves have just bought a new number one gk, well loaned him as far as I'm aware, at his age, if he wants to play, you go to a club where you will be first choice, not that anyone will care but silvestri was number one, then we signed green who instantly became number one, demoting silvestri, silvestri sticks it out for a season, ultimately being sold when he was demoted to 3rd choice

Simple, he's gone for the money. If it's his last season in the top flight, and he gets paid a PL wage for doing not much, why not? He wasn't going to get anything at Leeds, and as everyone keeps saying, there is no loyalty any more, its just business.

Strange how the likes of WS expect loyalty no matter what treatment gets meted out to players, and then suggests they can "do one" when other more attractive options turn up (and that applies to the posts about Taylor, Wood, Cook, McCormack etc etc).

Wish there was more loyalty around, but there isn't, simples

whitestomper45
29-08-2017, 10:56 AM
Simple, he's gone for the money. If it's his last season in the top flight, and he gets paid a PL wage for doing not much, why not? He wasn't going to get anything at Leeds, and as everyone keeps saying, there is no loyalty any more, its just business.

Strange how the likes of WS expect loyalty no matter what treatment gets meted out to players, and then suggests they can "do one" when other more attractive options turn up (and that applies to the posts about Taylor, Wood, Cook, McCormack etc etc).

Wish there was more loyalty around, but there isn't, simples

Lets see now, he's gone for the money.....and you put that down to LUFC's poor man management...incredible. He was happy to takeover in goal last season, but not wait his turn this season...my beef with you is that it's always the club's fault...no halfway, no mutual benefit...no you can never wait to jump on something at the club with your usual negative surmising of a situation

WTF11
29-08-2017, 11:48 AM
Lets see now, he's gone for the money.....and you put that down to LUFC's poor man management...incredible. He was happy to takeover in goal last season, but not wait his turn this season...my beef with you is that it's always the club's fault...no halfway, no mutual benefit...no you can never wait to jump on something at the club with your usual negative surmising of a situation

Are you as thick as you make out? Yes, he's gone for the money, NOW! Would he have been interested had the club treated him a little better given his contribution last season, we won't know, but doing what they did just about made it a racing certainty he would go if better money was offered, which it was, and he did!

I notice in your response, yet again, you fail to respond to my question about how YOU would react in the same situation as Green, and suggest just how what the club did, not the player, that was sound man management?

As for never waiting to "jump on something at the club", no I didn't wait, I said when Wiedwald was signed and Silvestri sold that it would result in Green leaving, not negative or positive, just logical, and that's what has happened. Rather than suggesting he "does one", I'm sorry to see him go, and I wish him well, because without him last season we'd have had a mid-table finish at best, (just as without Wood the same would have happened but I see other have been eager to bad-mouth the guy for going to Burnley, why, in todays "business" atmosphere around football?).

LeedsFTW
29-08-2017, 12:05 PM
Lets be blunt about this, you are saying Green should be #1 based on his performances from last season, however the manager that has seen his performances in training this season has decided Felix is performing better and is contributing more to team. The result is Felix is currently #1.

So exactly what has the club done wrong?

WTF11
29-08-2017, 12:22 PM
Lets be blunt about this, you are saying Green should be #1 based on his performances from last season, however the manager that has seen his performances in training this season has decided Felix is performing better and is contributing more to team. The result is Felix is currently #1.

So exactly what has the club done wrong?

I'll re-iterate what I said to WS;

"1. You serve as No.1 goalkeeper in a side that finishes higher in the division than we have since returning to the Championship
2. Old No. 2 goalkeeper sold
3. No.3 goalkeeper brought back from loan to fill the gap
4. New goalkeeper bought who has no previous experience in the Championship
5. New goalkeeper made No.1 (in pre-season)"

Put yourself in Greens position and say that you would have done things differently

As to your comment about performances, Green was 1st choice goalkeeper for the VAST majority of last season, Wiedwald was brought in without any performance metrics in the Championship, and was made #1 on the basis of the manager/owners choice. They are at liberty to do so, but shouldn't be surprised when their previous 1st choice goalkeeper ends up "doing one" as WS so eloquently puts it.

Felix is No.1 because there is no other choice, NOW, and to suggest there has been any kind of objective comparison between Green and Wiedwald is laughable.

LeedsFTW
29-08-2017, 12:38 PM
You have avoided answering the question, Felix is no#1 based on performances and training this season, again I ask you exactly what the club has done wrong in this regard?

Green choosing not to fight for the No#1 position and seeking employment elsewhere is not the clubs fault and is Green right to do so.

To say there has been no objective comparison between Green and Felix at any stage is not even slightly logical in any sense shape or form.

WTF11
29-08-2017, 01:01 PM
You have avoided answering the question, Felix is no#1 based on performances and training this season, again I ask you exactly what the club has done wrong in this regard?

Green choosing not to fight for the No#1 position and seeking employment elsewhere is not the clubs fault and is Green right to do so.

To say there has been no objective comparison between Green and Felix at any stage is not even slightly logical in any sense shape or form.

The question is invalid, as the club has done nothing wrong during this season, having engineered a situation where it was possible, if not likely, that Green would leave as no longer wanting to play second string to Wiedwald and able to command better wages elsewhere as a second string at a PL team. That engineering of the situation is what is wrong.

And please tell me how there has been a comparison between Green and Wiedwald this season, when Green had not started a Championship match this season before leaving the club. Even if there has been a view taken in training (and I suspect given injury to Green and club intention there hasn't been), that's hardly a holistic view, is it?

LeedsFTW
29-08-2017, 01:12 PM
The question is invalid, as the club has done nothing wrong during this season, having engineered a situation where it was possible, if not likely, that Green would leave as no longer wanting to play second string to Wiedwald and able to command better wages elsewhere as a second string at a PL team. That engineering of the situation is what is wrong.

And please tell me how there has been a comparison between Green and Wiedwald this season, when Green had not started a Championship match this season before leaving the club. Even if there has been a view taken in training (and I suspect given injury to Green and club intention there hasn't been), that's hardly a holistic view, is it?

To me you have answered your own debate. You have agreed the club have done nothing wrong this season, you accept the club have signed another keeper to compete for the number 1 spot. Felix has been able to grasp the chance, Green has not been able to dislodge him and has decided after 5 championships game to not fight for No1 and move on, most likely for a bigger pay check.

I would disagree that the club have not engineered a situation to get rid of Green, they have simply done what every other club in the country tries to achieve. That is to have 2 quality keepers that have the ability to play and succeed in the first team.

WTF11
29-08-2017, 03:17 PM
To me you have answered your own debate. You have agreed the club have done nothing wrong this season, you accept the club have signed another keeper to compete for the number 1 spot. Felix has been able to grasp the chance, Green has not been able to dislodge him and has decided after 5 championships game to not fight for No1 and move on, most likely for a bigger pay check.

I would disagree that the club have not engineered a situation to get rid of Green, they have simply done what every other club in the country tries to achieve. That is to have 2 quality keepers that have the ability to play and succeed in the first team.

So in your estimation Lonergan and BPF are "quality keepers" able to play and succeed in the first team? XDXDXD

Oh, and for much of the last few weeks Green has been injured and unavailable (supposedly!) so hardly able to "dislodge" anyone.

LeedsFTW
29-08-2017, 03:54 PM
So in your estimation Lonergan and BPF are "quality keepers" able to play and succeed in the first team?

Oh, and for much of the last few weeks Green has been injured and unavailable (supposedly!) so hardly able to "dislodge" anyone.

WTF you missed my point!! XDXD Felix and Green were going to be the quality keepers, however as Green decided for whatever reason, he didn't want to compete, we have had to make a quick fix signing. Yes I am hoping that BPF will step up to the plate and succeed, what Leeds supporter wouldn't?

WTF11
29-08-2017, 04:04 PM
WTF you missed my point!! XDXD Felix and Green were going to be the quality keepers, however as Green decided for whatever reason, he didn't want to compete, we have had to make a quick fix signing. Yes I am hoping that BPF will step up to the plate and succeed, what Leeds supporter wouldn't?

And you missed mine (ho ho!). Its probably a good idea to have 2-3 Championship-grade keepers. It would have been relatively easy to make that happen with Green, Silvestri and then Wiedwald. However thanks to the tactics of the club and football being a business, we have what we hope is 1 and a couple of League 1 (if you're lucky) stoppers, sound as a pound :?

(Btw, BPF might "step up", hope he does too, but since when as owner/DoF/manager do you run a Championship football club on hope, surely thats reserved for us the fans?)

Jezleeds
29-08-2017, 04:06 PM
Well to be fair your reply might have been 'directed' at WTF but it was actually 'a reply' to me.

I'm pretty sure that WTF doesn't have a patent on the phrase 'missed point' too. I've heard it used a few times by a wide variety of people over the years.

All i said was that i had my doubts about Wiedwald's qualities - as i said before, posting a comment on an online forum, which is what this is for. I didn't expect a point of view to be so controversial lol.

Makes you realise why people stop posting on these sites after a while though...

WTF11
29-08-2017, 04:11 PM
Well to be fair your reply might have been 'directed' at WTF but it was actually 'a reply' to me.

I'm pretty sure that WTF doesn't have a patent on the phrase 'missed point' too. I've heard it used a few times by a wide variety of people over the years.

All i said was that i had my doubts about Wiedwald's qualities - as i said before, posting a comment on an online forum, which is what this is for. I didn't expect a point of view to be so controversial lol.

Makes you realise why people stop posting on these sites after a while though...

If the point of view you express is faintly critical of the club, expect it to be "controversial"

whitestomper45
29-08-2017, 07:20 PM

Getting confusing on this thread...I replied under WTF's post to the "shyte" remarks re BB. Then I made a reference to you on the "missed point" which I have referenced of late as WTF accuses everyone of missing his..then I went on to explain my points were aimed at the said WTF and outlined points WTF raised.....WTF's going on here :)

whitestomper45
29-08-2017, 07:33 PM
Are you as thick as you make out? Yes, he's gone for the money, NOW! Would he have been interested had the club treated him a little better given his contribution last season, we won't know, but doing what they did just about made it a racing certainty he would go if better money was offered, which it was, and he did!

I notice in your response, yet again, you fail to respond to my question about how YOU would react in the same situation as Green, and suggest just how what the club did, not the player, that was sound man management?

As for never waiting to "jump on something at the club", no I didn't wait, I said when Wiedwald was signed and Silvestri sold that it would result in Green leaving, not negative or positive, just logical, and that's what has happened. Rather than suggesting he "does one", I'm sorry to see him go, and I wish him well, because without him last season we'd have had a mid-table finish at best, (just as without Wood the same would have happened but I see other have been eager to bad-mouth the guy for going to Burnley, why, in todays "business" atmosphere around football?).

The guy who starts crying when name called...glass houses...

What if...Agent and Green decide they won't really fit in with the new type of play TC wants (He doesn't..You seem to miss this point)...what if his agent then puts word around he client may be up for a move depending on wages...
What if Huddersfield now loaded with new PL money and goalkeepers decide they need an experienced keeper to be on call as 3rd choice, because they can afford it.
What if Green went to TC, both agreed that Rob's distribution will probably not suit the team, at this stage of his career he is not willing to sit it out on bench and has the opportunity of one last payday and to be fair to him for his efforts of last year...rip up his contract so he can walk into a new club without the hindrance of Leeds asking any transfer fee......
I know it's kinda hard for you to fathom but maybe LUFC actually did the right thing for player and club.
Lonergan is much the same as Green, last time he was here he actually played well. Difference is he is willing to wait his opportunity to win a 1st team place, exactly the type of player we want, were done with journeymen.

WTF11
29-08-2017, 08:35 PM

What if...Agent and Green decide they won't really fit in with the new type of play TC wants (He doesn't..You seem to miss this point)...what if his agent then puts word around he client may be up for a move depending on wages...
What if Huddersfield now loaded with new PL money and goalkeepers decide they need an experienced keeper to be on call as 3rd choice, because they can afford it.
What if Green went to TC, both agreed that Rob's distribution will probably not suit the team, at this stage of his career he is not willing to sit it out on bench and has the opportunity of one last payday and to be fair to him for his efforts of last year...rip up his contract so he can walk into a new club without the hindrance of Leeds asking any transfer fee......
I know it's kinda hard for you to fathom but maybe LUFC actually did the right thing for player and club.
Lonergan is much the same as Green, last time he was here he actually played well. Difference is he is willing to wait his opportunity to win a 1st team place, exactly the type of player we want, were done with journeymen.

WTF are you on about, "the guy who starts crying etc etc"? Whatever.....

How many times can you put "what if" and "maybe" in combination in a single post?

At least you give Green some credit for last season, rather refreshing for you.

And "Lonergan is much the same as Green.....", why the f00k did we get rid if he was so good? He's back because, as you put it (paraphrasing) he's a sticking plaster solution to a problem of the clubs own making, and THAT'S why all your earlier "what ifs" are so much empty hot air, unless of course you think the club WANTED the situation we have now?

WTF11
29-08-2017, 08:39 PM

Just to be helpful, refer back to your post yesterday, suggesting Lonergan was "not a long term replacement", can't have it both ways m8, "willing to wait" but unlikely to be with us long enough, you suggest which?

whitestomper45
30-08-2017, 01:08 PM
WTF are you on about, "the guy who starts crying etc etc"? Whatever.....

How many times can you put "what if" and "maybe" in combination in a single post?

At least you give Green some credit for last season, rather refreshing for you.

And "Lonergan is much the same as Green.....", why the f00k did we get rid if he was so good? He's back because, as you put it (paraphrasing) he's a sticking plaster solution to a problem of the clubs own making, and THAT'S why all your earlier "what ifs" are so much empty hot air, unless of course you think the club WANTED the situation we have now?

Hmmm, irony seems to go over your Roofe.

Firstly crying...you often moan at folk who name call you, yet you regularly do the same...pot and kettle...if you can understand that?

Why so many "what if" and "maybe"...because I was trying to elaborately highlight the fact that neither you or me know the exact background or conversations that led to Green leaving.
However it would seem we agree that it's mainly due to money. Also seems obvious to me, that after injury he either doesn't think he should have to work to win his place back or has decided the role of the expected role of a goalkeeper this year under TC doesn't suit him....

We are unbeaten, this despite a number of injuries in defence and selling our leading goalscorer (who wanted away) new arrivals settling in, some of which look amazing bargains....and still you will do the usual and look at almost anything the club does in a bad light.
Still I expect nothing less, after all you have previously written in your doom laden posts that if this new regime goes tits up you can't wait to tell me you fn told me so....seems like you'll have to wait a while to cream your pants

WTF11
30-08-2017, 01:34 PM
Hmmm, irony seems to go over your Roofe.

Firstly crying...you often moan at folk who name call you, yet you regularly do the same...pot and kettle...if you can understand that?

Why so many "what if" and "maybe"...because I was trying to elaborately highlight the fact that neither you or me know the exact background or conversations that led to Green leaving.
However it would seem we agree that it's mainly due to money. Also seems obvious to me, that after injury he either doesn't think he should have to work to win his place back or has decided the role of the expected role of a goalkeeper this year under TC doesn't suit him....

We are unbeaten, this despite a number of injuries in defence and selling our leading goalscorer (who wanted away) new arrivals settling in, some of which look amazing bargains....and still you will do the usual and look at almost anything the club does in a bad light.
Still I expect nothing less, after all you have previously written in your doom laden posts that if this new regime goes tits up you can't wait to tell me you fn told me so....seems like you'll have to wait a while to cream your pants

Never moaned about the names I get called, simply that there are some who prefer to name call as opposed to actually engage in the argument/discussion (sticks and stones may hurt etc etc...).

Please tell me where I said I KNEW what was in Greens mind? Just pointed out what is in the public domain, highlighted a sequence of events and suggested that giving Green a hard time for "doing one" as you so delicately put it, for (probably) a higher salary in what is likely to be his last swansong in 1st class competition was hardy called for given his contribution last season. whatever "seems obvious" to you, it's indisputable that Greens performances last season kept us in reach of the playoffs, just as much as much Wood scoring.

My suggestion that Wiedewald hasn't been severely tested yet, and calling out your assertion regarding Lonergan as "inconsistent" to say the least, seem to have passed you by, strange that.

And I repeat, my position regarding Wiedwald hasn't changed since his arrival at Leeds, and won't until he is tested and performs better than he did against Forest, unlike the praise given to Saiz, Alioski and Anita, who have all performed well above my expectations (and that of a few others I imagine).

I don't expect the regime to go t1ts up, never did, just have doubts about some of the newcomers which remain (for now)