PDA

View Full Version : Match Thread vs. Accy

SwalePie
25-08-2017, 07:21 PM
Just in case this is our only chance to see Notts top this season...

BanjoPie
25-08-2017, 07:23 PM
Just in case this is our only chance to see Notts top this season...

"is there a match on tonight"?

tarquinbeech
25-08-2017, 07:29 PM
Sounds like a strange game, physical with very few chances

Old_pie
25-08-2017, 07:30 PM
"is there a match on tonight"?

Tarqs isn't sure - he's got some splodgy stuff coming over the internet but can't make it out. Might be a dodgy pawn channel.

tarquinbeech
25-08-2017, 07:34 PM
Tarqs isn't sure - he's got some splodgy stuff coming over the internet but can't make it out. Might be a dodgy pawn channel.

My "pawn" is fine....it's the iFollow pics that are driving me bonkers....nothing, nada....the good news is that my ball-bag got a good workout

St Kitts Magpie
25-08-2017, 07:41 PM
My "pawn" is fine....it's the iFollow pics that are driving me bonkers....nothing, nada....the good news is that my ball-bag got a good workout

i lost my picture for the last 10 minutes of the 1st half

Old_pie
25-08-2017, 07:44 PM

I suppose chess is doesn't need a high bandwith :)

I'm keeping an eye on twitter - https://twitter.com/Official_NCFC/with_replies

tarquinbeech
25-08-2017, 07:55 PM
Yessssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssssssssssssss

Old_pie
25-08-2017, 07:56 PM
I suppose chess is doesn't need a high bandwith :)

I'm keeping an eye on twitter - https://twitter.com/Official_NCFC/with_replies

2-0, Grant with a stunner!

Old_pie
25-08-2017, 08:00 PM
2-0, Grant with a stunner!

Shortlived cushion. No clean sheet. :(

BanjoPie
25-08-2017, 08:01 PM
Looking like a 2-2 on the cards as Nolan doesn't want to replace Stead with Forte. Strange decision

keldsyke
25-08-2017, 08:27 PM
Looking like a 2-2 on the cards as Nolan doesn't want to replace Stead with Forte. Strange decision

If you e got nothing positive to say, say nothing!

Carlton_Pie
25-08-2017, 08:34 PM

You may be correct at 2-2 but won't be because of forte not replacing stead

Old_pie
25-08-2017, 08:37 PM
Jeez - come on Forte. Should have had this game closed down from all reports.

CmonUSexyStylishPies
25-08-2017, 08:43 PM
Surrendered a 2-0 lead at home to 10 men, excellent stuff.

BigFatPie
25-08-2017, 08:58 PM
Peak Notts

BigFatPie
25-08-2017, 09:01 PM
Bolton struggling so if we do too well, they'll only come and nick our manager again.

Look on the bright side and all that.

caj85
25-08-2017, 09:01 PM
Surrendered a 2-0 lead at home to 10 men, excellent stuff.

to be fair it was 2-1 before going against 10 men and even then we went down to 1 before they equalised. so what is your point?

CmonUSexyStylishPies
25-08-2017, 09:07 PM
to be fair it was 2-1 before going against 10 men and even then we went down to 1 before they equalised. so what is your point?

Clutching at straws semantics.

We threw a 2-0 lead away at home. Better?

Carlton_Pie
25-08-2017, 09:09 PM

We're on a 5 match unbeaten run (not including S****horpe penalties)

We sit 4th in the table.

Better?

CmonUSexyStylishPies
25-08-2017, 09:11 PM
Bolton struggling so if we do too well, they'll only come and nick our manager again.

Look on the bright side and all that.

Possibly.

Any half decent manager will be be on the Championship/League 1 radar already so Al's told Nolan to keep it to 1.5 points per game or he gets fined.

Not a bad strategy?

CmonUSexyStylishPies
25-08-2017, 09:14 PM
We're on a 5 match unbeaten run (not including S****horpe penalties)

We sit 4th in the table.

Better?

Take out the loss and we're on an unbeaten run.

Love it.

Carlton_Pie
25-08-2017, 09:21 PM
Take out the loss and we're on an unbeaten run.

Love it.

Did we lose in 120 minutes? No

Take that game out, it's still 4 unbeaten. Is that not good enough for You?

Some Notts fans really are dregs

CmonUSexyStylishPies
25-08-2017, 09:30 PM
Opinion police out in force as per usual. Dare to have an opinion? Cautioned!

tarquinbeech
25-08-2017, 09:36 PM

To be fair, CUSP is right......we shouldn't be tossing away 2-0 leads, especially at home......poor show IMO.

countygump
25-08-2017, 09:37 PM
Opinion police out in force as per usual. Dare to have an opinion? Cautioned!

It's like most of us thought at the beginning of the season, we're a mid table side at best. Doubt we'll flirt with the relegation places, but I doubt we'll trouble the play-offs either. We're 2 goals soft every match and that will make it very difficult to win matches.

tarquinbeech
25-08-2017, 09:42 PM
It's like most of us thought at the beginning of the season, we're a mid table side at best. Doubt we'll flirt with the relegation places, but I doubt we'll trouble the play-offs either. We're 2 goals soft every match and that will make it very difficult to win matches.

Sounds about right....that's why I keep backing +2.5/+3.5 goals on 365......we ain't too good at the back, and teams will finally figure out our long-ball game which will give us a few goals as well

Over 2.5 @ 2.00
£2.39 Single
25/08/2017 19:51:57 2.39 4.78
Over 9.0 @ 2.00
£3.00 Single
25/08/2017 19:51:20 3.00 6.00
Over 3.5 @ 3.40
£2.00 Single
25/08/2017 19:50:20 2.00 4.21

Robertomac
25-08-2017, 10:02 PM

Tonight was definitely 2pts lost. At 2-1 with a man advantage we had several good chances and put the game to bed... but you always know the missed chances will come back to haunt you. In the end, a worldy from Collin saved us a point. What a turn around?!?

keldsyke
25-08-2017, 10:09 PM
Tonight was definitely 2pts lost. At 2-1 with a man advantage we had several good chances and put the game to bed... but you always know the missed chances will come back to haunt you. In the end, a worldy from Collin saved us a point. What a turn around?!?

To be fair there keeper made 2 unbelievable saves as well from Shola and Grant in the second half. Accrington are a very good team, and on reflection I would have been happy with a point before the start. I think a lot of people are underestimating ( or don't want to acknowledge ) how decent a team Notts are, it's early days but we are on the right track.

countygump
25-08-2017, 10:10 PM
To be fair, CUSP is right......we shouldn't be tossing away 2-0 leads, especially at home......poor show IMO.

Even Nolo was disappointed:

http://www.nottinghampost.com/sport/football/we-should-seen-out-says-384596

SolSigns
25-08-2017, 10:19 PM
I think a lot of people are underestimating ( or don't want to acknowledge ) how decent a team Notts are, it's early days but we are on the right track.

Notts fans are traditionally and pathologically reluctant to admit how good we are - but in fairness we've been mostly cr@p for years so it's understandable.

Good to hear you think we're on the right track though. I've had a sneaking suspicion for a while now that Nozza will turn out to be a great find. I'm standing by my prediction that Notts will finish 2nd this year - but I'm 7,000 miles away today, so wot do I know :(

nw6pie
25-08-2017, 10:27 PM
Atrocious game management pretty much from the moment Duffy committed that cynical foul by the dug out (though I'm sure Nolan will be pleased he took one for the team, but hey, they scored from the resulting free kick). No diretion or discipline from the bench. Ameobi appeared to be playing in midfield? Why? Bringing Milsom on does anything but sready the ship. Tootle needs to take a serious look at firstly why he got himself booked and then why he felt compelled to get himself sent off. Total self destruction.

We're missing a leader out there. We had warning signs in the games against Chesterfield and Wycombe, but it caught up with us tonight. I would have taken a point before kick-off, but I would like us to beat Accrington bloody Stanley again in my lifetime - and we threw away a great opportunity tonight.

Happy enough with 7 points after a tricky start, but if we want to be challenging for the top 7, we still need to add more quality - pacy forward to play off Shola, dynamic midfielder and 6'4" beast at the back. Otherwise I think we're looking at 10th-12th, which is way better than last season, but still not good enough.

Little15
25-08-2017, 10:27 PM
Atrocious game management pretty much from the moment Duffy committed that cynical foul by the dug outs (though I'm sure Nolan will be pleased he took one for the team, despite the fact that the subsequent free kick led to a goal). No direction or discipline from the bench. Ameobi appeared to be playing in midfield? Why? Bringing Milsom on does anything but steady the ship. Tootle needs to take a serious look at firstly why he felt compelled to get himself stupidly beeked and then why he felt the need to bring somebody down whilst booked and get himself sent off. Total self destruction.

60YearsAPie
25-08-2017, 10:39 PM
Disappointed tonight. Just like last season we’re leaking too many goals, when under pressure. Clean sheets will be like gold dust this season I think.

countygump
25-08-2017, 10:45 PM
Disappointed tonight. Just like last season we’re leaking too many goals, when under pressure. Clean sheets will be like gold dust this season I think.

And therein lies the prob, like I say, we're 2 goals soft and that is gonna make it awfully difficult to win matches. These defensive probs have been going on for years now and still have not been addressed.

SolSigns
25-08-2017, 10:58 PM
These defensive probs have been going on for years now and still have not been addressed.

That's a little unfair. Our defensive problems are mostly @

Meadow Lane
Nottingham
NG2 3HJ

Except for every other week when we take them on tour.

optipez
25-08-2017, 11:01 PM
Entertaining second half. On balance a draw was fair but it feels like two points dropped.
The ref was atrocious, but not biased, he made dreadful calls all night, for both teams.
Pre season was a fair guide to our strengths and weaknesses. We need another striker in, ideally someone with pace and some miles left in the tank.
We have an organised but slow defence. Duffy got a yellow, Tootle a second yellow because they knew they had to take one for the team. When we had Bolla last season he had pace enough to get across and cover when we got caught square.
If Grant goes back at Christmas, without a capable replacement our season will peter out, which would be a shame because we're not a million miles away from play off contenders. We are big, strong , hard to play against and at our best this evening quite exciting to watch.
Really hope we strengthen before the window shuts as Nolan has got them pretty well organised and motivated but we just need to sign a little more pace and class in key areas to sustain a challenge at the right end of the table for once.

LesBradd4England
26-08-2017, 04:34 AM
Duffy is not very bright, lazy and gets bullied every week. Instead of making a recovery run to hold up their player he chose to scythe him down on halfway. They then score from the resulting free kick. For the second goal instead of trying to win a header he falls to the floor with the minimalist of contact trying to get a foul. Pathetic!!! They then score from the drop down. We will not make the play offs with him in the side. Tootle equally stupid to get sent off. How we can be so exposed with an extra man that he made such a rash challenge is just poor decision making. On a positive note Hewitt was outstanding, best player on the park with the exception of their keeper. 2 unbelievable stops!!

crazyfists
26-08-2017, 07:44 AM
Got back late lastnight and massively disappointed I must admit. Yeah we're improving on last year but still AGAIN another season with an unreliable defence, please get it sorted before we can't get anyone else in. I long for the day we start beating teams like Accrington at home, should have happened lastnight.

slack_pie
26-08-2017, 07:45 AM
How did we not win that! For 10 mins or so in the 2nd half we were all over them, but I knew as soon as Ameobi passed when through on goal that we'd pay. Absolutely inevitable. A few points...

We look so much more dangerous when we play direct passes to feet or out wide instead of lumping it up to Shola or Stead. I'd love to see us play a whole match like we did the 2nd half (at least going forward).

Hewitt an Yates are starting to look like a decent pairing in midfield. I've been critical of Hewitt in the past, particularly as a RB, but he looks a decent CM. Yates is a beast in the making.

We still look shaky at the back. Brisley is an adequate CB, but him and Duffy together don't fill me with confidence.

If we'd swapped keepers with Accy, we'd have won 4-0. Their stopper was outstanding.

Hawkridge looks a great addition. A good crosser, comfortable on the ball, and tenacious without it.

We rely too heavily on Grant. He's class, obviously, but who will bang them in once he goes back to Forest?

We have must sign a pacy forward - especially if Forte is on his way. Stead gives it his all, but he just doesn't compliment Shola. Shola is excellent, but we're not getting the most from him (and he needs to score more).

2 points dropped, very disappointing, but an entertaining second half.

TedBovisPie
26-08-2017, 08:05 AM
Notts fans are traditionally and pathologically reluctant to admit how good we are - but in fairness we've been mostly cr@p for years so it's understandable.

Good to hear you think we're on the right track though. I've had a sneaking suspicion for a while now that Nozza will turn out to be a great find. I'm standing by my prediction that Notts will finish 2nd this year - but I'm 7,000 miles away today, so wot do I know :(

Have to agree Notts have been cr@p for years. I got fed up of watching rubbish and coming home disappointed, which is why I no longer attend matches. I used to be a season ticket holder.

If results and performances improved I may return but the fact that we can't beat the likes of Accrington shows we haven't. Perhaps I was spoiled by the Warnock era seeing Notts playing in the top league and all those trips we had to Wembley.

Fair weather fan I now may be be but if I want to watch cr@p football I'll go and watch my local non league team and have a pint while doing so.

keldsyke
26-08-2017, 08:46 AM
Have to agree Notts have been cr@p for years. I got fed up of watching rubbish and coming home disappointed, which is why I no longer attend matches. I used to be a season ticket holder.

If results and performances improved I may return but the fact that we can't beat the likes of Accrington shows we haven't. Perhaps I was spoiled by the Warnock era seeing Notts playing in the top league and all those trips we had to Wembley.

Fair weather fan I now may be be but if I want to watch cr@p football I'll go and watch my local non league team and have a pint while doing so.

Accrington are a good team, and that's the problem you're living in the past, times have changed and to be fair a neutral would have thought the second half was value for money last night. Like a lot of fans ( I don't use the word supporters ) on here, they aren't prepared to take the rough with the good, spoilt comes to mind, but that's just a reflection on today's society ' want it now, and not prepared to work at it '

crazyfists
26-08-2017, 09:41 AM
Keld is right in as much as Accrington are a good team at this level plus we're trying to come back after years and years of bad ownership. I do miss the old Notts though and still have trouble in thinking that teams like Accrington shouldn't be in for a stuffing at our place.

Old_pie
26-08-2017, 10:49 AM

When was the magical era when we Accrington were our whipping boys? And Warnock was a 3 and a bit season see-saw in which we capitulated once playing with the "big boys". Accrington, Oldham, Hartlepool and Newport are our norm. Take your rose coloured glasses off or support Everton or Arsenal who are real top flight clubs.