PDA

View Full Version : Team vs West Ham

Zippity
25-08-2017, 08:23 PM
It's not a 'must win'-far too early for that but we really don't want to go into the international break on the back of 4 defeats. If things aren't going our way Rafa must take the shackles off and be more adventurous.

.......................................Elliot..... ........................

Manquillo...............Mbemba........Lascelles... .........Clark

Ritchie..............Hayden...............Merino.. ........Aarons

.........................Murphy................... ......

............................joselu................ ........

No, I don't think that team will start...I fully expect to see Perez behind Gayle but West ham are big at the back and I think Gayle will be swamped (repeat for most teams, imo). For me, starting Aarons is a no-brainer if he's fit and surely Murphy has more to offer than Perez or Diame.

Jammy89
25-08-2017, 09:03 PM
It's not a 'must win'-far too early for that but we really don't want to go into the international break on the back of 4 defeats. If things aren't going our way Rafa must take the shackles off and be more adventurous.

Ritchie..............Hayden...............Merino.. ........Aarons

.........................Murphy................... ......

............................joselu................ ........

No, I don't think that team will start...I fully expect to see Perez behind Gayle but West ham are big at the back and I think Gayle will be swamped (repeat for most teams, imo). For me, starting Aarons is a no-brainer if he's fit and surely Murphy has more to offer than Perez or Diame.

I like that team an wouldn't mind if it started, i wouldn't mind if Mitro started after his game on Weds - his confidence should be well up.

However i suspect the team will be:

Ritchie..............Hayden...............Merino.. ........Atsu

.........................Perez.................... .....

............................Gayle................. ......

Zippity
25-08-2017, 09:13 PM
Aye, I wouldn't be at all surprised.

ex_pat_magpie
25-08-2017, 10:41 PM
Aye, I wouldn't be at all surprised.

I would hope for Zippity's over the one Jammy reckons it will be (rather than wants ;D)on the day. There could be two goals difference between those two teams.

Zippity
25-08-2017, 10:47 PM
I would hope for Zippity's over the one Jammy reckons it will be (rather than wants ;D)on the day. There could be two goals difference between those two teams.

That'd be a very interesting comparison, actually-which team would win...the Footymad team or the one Rafa would pick :O

I'd go for ours... >:) O:)

ex_pat_magpie
25-08-2017, 10:48 PM
That'd be a very interesting comparison, actually-which team would win...the Footymad team or the one Rafa would pick :O

I'd go for ours... >:) O:)

Every time :)

MidsMagpie
25-08-2017, 11:11 PM
Elliott Manquillo Mbemba Lascelles Clark Aarons Hayden Merrino Ritchie Joselu Mitrovic. But it will be the good old 4411 formation with atsu gayle and perez back in.

toonlegend
26-08-2017, 12:57 AM
I like that team an wouldn't mind if it started, i wouldn't mind if Mitro started after his game on Weds - his confidence should be well up.

funny about mitro, because as you say his confidence should have shot up through scoring.

however - his head had dropped, he'd stopped running etc for a while before he was took off. it appeared that the misses far outweighed his hit, in his mind.

thats what i thought at the time anyway

Jammy89
26-08-2017, 11:27 AM
funny about mitro, because as you say his confidence should have shot up through scoring.

however - his head had dropped, he'd stopped running etc for a while before he was took off. it appeared that the misses far outweighed his hit, in his mind.

thats what i thought at the time anyway

Maybe a start would show him that Rafa still thinks he can do it (even though we'll accept offers for him)

MidsMagpie
26-08-2017, 01:02 PM
what a shock perez and Atsu start and Joselu up top on his own :zzz: when will he ever learn and stop being so stubborn

TheOtherTerryMac
26-08-2017, 01:07 PM
Rafa team selection is shyte.

Aaron's was on fire midweek and is benched. I don't know why he persists with Perez week after week he brings nothing to the team.

MidsMagpie
26-08-2017, 01:11 PM
Perez is his golden boy plus being Spanish helps, He is awful and should be lucky to even be on the bench. Aarons and Mitrovic both score and get dumped straight away its pathetic

TheOtherTerryMac
26-08-2017, 01:21 PM
Perez is his golden boy plus being Spanish helps, He is awful and should be lucky to even be on the bench. Aarons and Mitrovic both score and get dumped straight away its pathetic

Agree mate why can't he move Richie to the number 10 spot and play another winger or play two upfront Oh wait that's crazy we're at home and need to defend

liikape
26-08-2017, 01:24 PM
Aarons did a late fitness test. I doubt he could play 90min.

MidsMagpie
26-08-2017, 01:31 PM
Agree mate why can't he move Richie to the number 10 spot and play another winger or play two upfront Oh wait that's crazy we're at home and need to defend

And he spends 12m on a player yet never plays him

Jammy89
26-08-2017, 01:59 PM
I don't think Mitro started because he played 105 mins on Weds. Same with Aarons, think because he hadn't played much he's taking it easy with him.

Perez - agreed, not sure what he'd had have to do to be dropped. Watch him now score a hat-trick today having said that XD

I'd like to see Aarons get decent 2nd half time though.

Jammy89
26-08-2017, 02:23 PM
Nice try Hernandez - booked for a sneaky shoulder barge on Ritchie that was caught by linesman

Davearmy
26-08-2017, 02:37 PM
Ritchie's Pressure wins us the ball YET AGAIN :D and Joselu gets a goal WOOOOO

Jammy89
26-08-2017, 02:39 PM
Get in - Joselu with his first for the club.

waalsendmick
26-08-2017, 02:55 PM
decent 1st half to be honest. what this team lacks in quality, it makes up for with hard work and team spirit. (I'm not convinced that you can get through a whole season on that alone)

Jammy89
26-08-2017, 03:03 PM
I'm just happy to be going in with a lead at the minute.

Joselu has done more than Gayle now this season.

MidsMagpie
26-08-2017, 03:11 PM
Be interesting to see if he gets dropped for Gayle for the next game

Nufc24Mag
26-08-2017, 03:13 PM

Well he should, I hate it when players get dropped after performing well.

Jammy89
26-08-2017, 03:23 PM

I don't think he will - Rafa signing.

Plus, i'm a bit dubious of this "illness".

Hernandaz shouldn't really be on the pitch, brutal tackle there.

MidsMagpie
26-08-2017, 03:32 PM
Get Aarons on for Atsu and give west ham something to worry about

Jammy89
26-08-2017, 03:34 PM
Agree with that.

Good to see Mitro on with 20 mins left as well.

MidsMagpie
26-08-2017, 03:35 PM
Magic Mitrovic what an introduction :heart:

Nufc24Mag
26-08-2017, 03:36 PM
Fecking get the feck in!!!!!! I was starting to get veery nervous...

MidsMagpie
26-08-2017, 03:37 PM
radio 5 getting me confused now its Clark who scored lol

Jammy89
26-08-2017, 03:40 PM
Who cares, it's 2-0. Thank Christ.

Does this mean Rafa's subs were inspired ;D XD

Jammy89
26-08-2017, 03:51 PM
****ing get in 3-0.

Mitro makes it 2 goals in his last 2 games.

Jammy89
26-08-2017, 03:54 PM
Perez assist as well XD