PDA

View Full Version : I hate those kind of games

kill_the_drum
26-08-2017, 09:24 AM
Where you don't feel the team did much wrong. We defended well, made plenty of chances and had a healthy lead.
The win felt like a formality and a couple of lapses in concentration and we've thrown it away.
We should have scored 5-6 goals last night were it not for some wasteful finishing and outstanding saves!
This team is a goal scorer away from being top 6.
Why were the boos necessary at full time? I can't stand that!

durhampie
26-08-2017, 09:30 AM
Where you don't feel the team did much wrong. We defended well, made plenty of chances and had a healthy lead.
The win felt like a formality and a couple of lapses in concentration and we've thrown it away.
We should have scored 5-6 goals last night were it not for some wasteful finishing and outstanding saves!
This team is a goal scorer away from being top 6.

Probabaly for the crap ref.....

arnapie
26-08-2017, 10:12 AM
Probabaly for the crap ref.....

Ref ruined the game from the first minute. He was obsessed with throw ins being taken from the EXACT spot,rather than allowing a game of football to take place.

Had 2 neutrals + 2 Florist fans with me, and all were quite impressed with Notts, the 2 neutrals are coming to next home game.

Drowse
26-08-2017, 11:13 AM
Ref ruined the game from the first minute. He was obsessed with throw ins being taken from the EXACT spot,rather than allowing a game of football to take place.

Had 2 neutrals + 2 Florist fans with me, and all were quite impressed with Notts, the 2 neutrals are coming to next home game.

Whilst I did find the ref made some strange petty decisions, the pulling up of throw ins was one to be applauded. Many, many times are throw ins taken from 10-15 yards from where they should actually should be launched, it needs to be stopped and was.

ilovethepies
26-08-2017, 12:45 PM
We played some great football at times and deserved the win. Stanley's keeper made some great saves. We could've easily got 4 or 5. It was our sloppy defending that gave us the point instead of the 3. The ref was awful. I see him being one of many though this season.

Wedgie_pie
26-08-2017, 01:12 PM

I thought the booing was aimed at the ref, mine were :)

TheBlackHorse
26-08-2017, 02:50 PM
... also, Stanley have well and truly mastered the art of 'you touch me and I'm going down'. Knowing Notts have adopted the Nolanesque approach to ball winning, they were at that from the first minute so the ref was always going to fall for a percentage of them throughout the game. Maybe that's why the ref didn't give them their cert penalty in the second half (their no.10, who gave us the run-around all match and was unlucky several times).

MAD_MAGPIE
26-08-2017, 06:36 PM
We played some great football at times and deserved the win. Stanley's keeper made some great saves. We could've easily got 4 or 5. It was our sloppy defending that gave us the point instead of the 3. The ref was awful. I see him being one of many though this season.

The first half was certainly one where each team cancelled each other out. I was impressed with Accrington's passing football and thought that they were better on the eye than we were first half. However neither keeper had anything to do.

Without a doubt the Accrington keeper was man of the match. He went the right way for Steads penalty in the first half and that was top save for Grants shot amongst others. He certainly kept them in the game.

For a large part of the second half we looked like a quality team and played some really good football once we passed it around and played Accrington at their game.

It felt like a defeat leaving the ground but having slept on it a 2-2 draw against a good Accrington team keeps our unbeaten run going.

I probably sound like a broken record but I'll keep saying it that once again we did concede two goals and we must cut this out as it's games like last night that we would have won had we kept a clean sheet, or conceded only one. However on a positive note we had some excellent chances and could have scored 5.

BigFatPie
26-08-2017, 08:23 PM
I wasn't at the game so bow to the superior knowledge of those that were but playing generally well and being poor in both boxes isn't a great sign.

Despite the clean sheet I thought we looked dodgy defensively against Chesterfield, and conceding at least 2 goals in every other game seems to bear this out. Not convinced about Collin at all. Early days, but still plenty of work to be done and maybe signings to be made.

countygump
26-08-2017, 10:21 PM
I wasn't at the game so bow to the superior knowledge of those that were but playing generally well and being poor in both boxes isn't a great sign.

Despite the clean sheet I thought we looked dodgy defensively against Chesterfield, and conceding at least 2 goals in every other game seems to bear this out. Not convinced about Collin at all. Early days, but still plenty of work to be done and maybe signings to be made.

Forced to play the game on a Friday and made to get changed in a corridor???

Still should have beaten them by 5 or 6-2.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RyCWMsilIw0

Freeman25
26-08-2017, 11:02 PM
Seems like sour grapes to me, the penalty shout from Billy Kee in the second half he's talking about looked an obvious dive to me, pretty sure Billy Kee is known for it. He says Ameobi, "the player that was supposedly fouled" for the penalty (Stead was fouled) told him it wasn't a penalty... It was soft but as I said at the time, anywhere else on the pitch and it's a foul. Apparently all of our players told him their red card wasn't even a foul let alone a red? What? nobody in their right mind wouldn't think it was at least a foul, I find that hard to believe, it looked shocking on first viewing but I've not seen it since.

I can't imagine we "forced" them to play on Friday night either, it's not like we have a midweek fixture, I'd imagine we chose Friday night over Sunday as we figured the attendance would be better? The day of the week we play on could be a difference in attendance bigger than their entire gates...

The changing room comment is interesting, guessing we've cut into the away dressing room making it smaller as part of making our home dressing room better and it's a comment about how small it is, not that they literally changed in a corridor? As someone in the comments of that video pointed out though, they're known for their tin pot changing rooms -

Changing rooms 'leave a lot to be desired'...Hello pot, it's kettle here...
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-4744704/Accrington-owner-Andy-Holt-life-football-s-basement.html http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/west-brom-tony-pulis-accringtons-13515444
http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/why-roy-boys-did-a-runner-1681799