PDA

View Full Version : Player ratings v Accy

Elite_Pie
26-08-2017, 09:57 AM
Collin 6 - Maybe could have done better with their first, stunning point-saving stop at the death.

Tootle 6 - competent overall, two very soft bookings for his red.

Duffy 6 - Generally solid, was he fouled in the build-up to their equaliser?

Brisley 6 - Competent performance.

Jones 6 - Posed a forward threat, the odd dodgy moment in defence.

Hawkridge 7* - Always busy, some good creative work, a constant threat.

Hewitt 6.5 - Covered a lot of ground, gave us shape in midfield.

Yates 6 - Nothing spectacular, but competed well.

Grant 6 - Anonymous first half, much better in the second with another classy finish.

Stead 5.5 - Some good touches, some clumsy.

Ameobi 6.5 - Always offered a target and kept a decent pair of centre backs occupied.

Forte 5 - No impact, struggled to get involved.

Hunt, Milsom - n/a.

Two points dropped through a combination of conceding two soft goals and some cracking saves from their keeper. It could have been worse without an equally good save from Collin at 2-2. Another bizarre refereeing performance, although in fairness he was equally incompetent for both sides. An annoying obsession with making players move back a yard for a throw-in then allowing them to move forward 3 yards to take it! Some of the cards he issued were hard to fathom, making decisions when he was some distance from play. We still lack a bit of creativity, a pity that two lapses in concentration from an otherwise decent defence led to the loss of two points.

kill_the_drum
26-08-2017, 10:07 AM
I thought Yates was MOM.
He reads the game really well and I thought he gave an excellent all round performance.

durhampie
26-08-2017, 11:50 AM
Collin 6 - Maybe could have done better with their first, stunning point-saving stop at the death.

Tootle 6 - competent overall, two very soft bookings for his red.

Brisley 6 - Competent performance.

Jones 6 - Posed a forward threat, the odd dodgy moment in defence.

Hawkridge 7* - Always busy, some good creative work, a constant threat.

Hewitt 6.5 - Covered a lot of ground, gave us shape in midfield.

Yates 6 - Nothing spectacular, but competed well.

Grant 6 - Anonymous first half, much better in the second with another classy finish.

Stead 5.5 - Some good touches, some clumsy.

Ameobi 6.5 - Always offered a target and kept a decent pair of centre backs occupied.

Forte 5 - No impact, struggled to get involved.

Hunt, Milsom - n/a.

Two points dropped through a combination of conceding two soft goals and some cracking saves from their keeper. It could have been worse without an equally good save from Collin at 2-2. Another bizarre refereeing performance, although in fairness he was equally incompetent for both sides. An annoying obsession with making players move back a yard for a throw-in then allowing them to move forward 3 yards to take it! Some of the cards he issued were hard to fathom, making decisions when he was some distance from play. We still lack a bit of creativity, a pity that two lapses in concentration from an otherwise decent defence led to the loss of two points.

Lumping high balls to Forte is a waste of time. No wonder he wasnt involved.....

marshall55
26-08-2017, 12:27 PM
reckon our pitch suited Accie more than us, long ball on a carpet surface.

Wedgie_pie
26-08-2017, 01:29 PM
[QUOTE=Elite_Pie;38634380]

Said that to my mate EP that Duffy was looking for the foul "bloody dip-stick"

On a lighter note, did anyone hear that bloke in the second half Pavis Kop End shouting out manager type instructions to the team, ffs give it a rest mate you woke my mate up :zzz:....I can only assume that he came down from the other end of the Pavis second half or maybe from the Lawton bar to see the Notts goals...:D

kill_the_drum
26-08-2017, 01:29 PM
reckon our pitch suited Accie more than us, long ball on a carpet surface.

I didn't see it as long ball last night. I thought we had a good mixture of getting it forward early and using the wingers.
I was more than happy with our style of play.

Freeman25
26-08-2017, 01:35 PM
On a lighter note, did anyone hear that bloke in the second half Pavis Kop End shouting out manager type instructions to the team, ffs give it a rest mate you woke my mate up :zzz:....I can only assume that he came down from the other end of the Pavis second half or maybe from the Lawton bar to see the Notts goals...:D

Long hair blue top? He had Nolan laughing at the nonsense he was shouting the other week from just behind the dugout, didn't see him second half last night so he might have moved down.

Wedgie_pie
26-08-2017, 01:47 PM
Yep thats him Freeman, hope it's not going to be a regular occurrence, my mate needs his sleep...:)

TheBlackHorse
26-08-2017, 02:41 PM
... just when is Duffy going to be dropped. He's generally ok at dealing with the opposition when the play is on the ground - and that's provided the opposition are not moving at speed - but he's a nightmare and getting worse at dealing with aerial threats. He can hardly jump to win an aerial dual and their second goal typifies this deficiency. He's had enough games now to demonstrate his capability; resorting to/claiming foul play is the end for a mediocre has (was he ever) been. Time to go Mr D.
By the way, the pony tailed blue-shirt loud mouth caused havoc in the Pavis near the directors box a couple of weeks ago. He means well but is in a world of his own/he can't stop himself and is totally unaware of those around him ... pure entertainment in his own right - you just need ear plugs!

Freeman25
26-08-2017, 03:16 PM
Duffy's whole game revolves around winning headers without actually jumping and since Nolan has came in he's done fine, he played well yesterday, as did Brisley, I think he just made the wrong decision in that moment and tried to win a free kick and it cost us

ancientpie
26-08-2017, 04:21 PM
Long hair blue top? He had Nolan laughing at the nonsense he was shouting the other week from just behind the dugout, didn't see him second half last night so he might have moved down.

Sounds much like the bloke I saw v wigan , he was in the Pavis singing his head off & people kept moving seats to avoid him :) He was also at Coventry & I saw him walking through Netho with his Notts shirt on last week. He seems harmless enough & certainly gets behind the team but strangely for one so fanatical I haven't seen him before this season :?

TheBlackHorse
26-08-2017, 04:25 PM
"... winning headers without actually jumping ..."
And which coaching manual teaches that one ...!!! (controls laughter) If, as you say, his whole game depends upon this then we are mostly defending with a back line of three. You are entitled to your opinion and may say he's 'done fine' but it begs the question if you actually see him play ...

kill_the_drum
26-08-2017, 04:57 PM
I thought Duffy had a solid game last night and there's nobody currently at the club I would rather take his place!
If you watch the second goal, the ball is dropping towards Duffy where he stands. The striker is running to challenge so will always win the ball with momentum.
I think Duffy knew he wasn't going to win it so tried to buy the free kick but it didn't work.

LesBradd4England
27-08-2017, 09:56 AM
How can you say he played fine Ancient?
He committed a reckless challenge to concede a free kick from which they scored their first goal. Caught too square rather than being 10 yards deeper and able to get across and hold the player up. Then unprepared for the physicality required of a Div 4 centre half decides to feign a foul for their second. He was bullied by almost every centre forward last year and will be again. Time for him to F*** off. We'll not make the play offs with him. He must **** himself in training facing Shola!!!

ancientpie
27-08-2017, 11:58 AM
How can you say he played fine Ancient?
He committed a reckless challenge to concede a free kick from which they scored their first goal. Caught too square rather than being 10 yards deeper and able to get across and hold the player up. Then unprepared for the physicality required of a Div 4 centre half decides to feign a foul for their second. He was bullied by almost every centre forward last year and will be again. Time for him to F*** off. We'll not make the play offs with him. He must **** himself in training facing Shola!!!

Who? What? Where? Not me my son, but it does sound like Duffy is becoming the new Hollis. ;D;D

Freeman25
27-08-2017, 01:32 PM
"... winning headers without actually jumping ..."
And which coaching manual teaches that one ...!!! (controls laughter) If, as you say, his whole game depends upon this then we are mostly defending with a back line of three. You are entitled to your opinion and may say he's 'done fine' but it begs the question if you actually see him play ...

I'm not saying I agree with it or that it's a good talent, merely that he does it, watch him play, he puts a hand in the back of the striker and then tries to head it without jumping, it works surprisingly often and he was doing okay against Accrington until he tried to win a free kick and it cost us.

I'm the person that started the "Duffy is our worst ever defender" thread last season and posted in it most weeks whenever he was at fault for a goal... So for me to say he's been okay since Nolan came in is quite a big leap

The-Mac pie
28-08-2017, 08:55 AM

Top man..
Keep it up.
Passion,opinion and clearly has his own voice..

Wedgie_pie
28-08-2017, 09:34 AM
Top man..
Keep it up.
Passion,opinion and clearly has his own voice..

OK Mac tell us where you sit and we'll send the prat over to you...:)

Elite_Pie
28-08-2017, 10:15 AM
OK Mac tell us where you sit and we'll send the prat over to you...:)

I have a suspicion that The-Mac pie might just be a long-haired owner of a blue top.....

tarquinbeech
28-08-2017, 04:58 PM
For years and years there was a guy sat about a third of the way up Z-block, we nicknamed him Frank due to his uncanny likeness to Frank Butcher off Eastenders.

All he did every game was moan "F**king rubbish Notts"...."****e ball Notts" and "Pathetic Notts"......even if we scored, it was "We got lucky there Notts"...it was actually quite comical.

Once my mate shouted up to him "Why do you even bother coming Frank"?.....his answer was "I haven't got anything better to do....plus I want to be here when we finally learn to play f**king football"

ps If you're still around Frank.......I was the guy near the front of Z-block with my mate and 3 or 4 kids,who spent the whole game going back and to to the food stands for chips, burgers, cokes and chocolate........no wonder I'm skint...ish!!

SmiffyPie
28-08-2017, 07:00 PM
[QUOTE=Elite_Pie;38634380]

Duffy 6 - Generally solid, was he fouled in the build-up to their equaliser?...:DAlready been mentioned but no he wasn't fouled. The simpleton never jumped and then tried to buy a foul and the team paid the price.
Can't stand clever arses who try to be clever instead of playing the game as it should be.

The-Mac pie
28-08-2017, 09:14 PM
I have a suspicion that The-Mac pie might just be a long-haired owner of a blue top.....

5th generation of cousin.
Welcome to Notts county Grenville.

arnapie
29-08-2017, 07:55 AM

XDXDXD You couldn't be further from the truth if you tried E_P