PDA

View Full Version : To those

toptoon
26-08-2017, 04:12 PM
...who have been doubting Rafa...

..who call him Joselwho......

...who criticised Rafa´s negative tactics before this game.......

...who said we have a Championship quality side......

...who said they´d have predicted a draw with the Hammers before the Forest game, now you will lose......

...who call him Mistertrick.....

...who said we have no creativity without Shelvey....

...have a good cry into your beer tonight and try getting behind your team when they need you.

Jammy89
26-08-2017, 04:17 PM
Merino was very good today from what i could tell on radio.

Shelvey shouldn't just usurp his position once suspension is over.

Joselu can actually hold the ball up which seems to make us a lot more stable and allow the football that Rafa wants them to play. Like Shelvey i don't think Gayle should just come straight back in either.

Nufc24Mag
26-08-2017, 07:06 PM

...who said they´d have predicted a draw with the Hammers before the Forest game, now you will lose......

...have a good cry into your beer tonight and try getting behind your team when they need you.

Well said, shame is a international break tho the players will be brimming with confidence with 3 very winnable games coming up

ex_pat_magpie
26-08-2017, 09:21 PM

Well said. All of the doubters will be struggling to be negative after that show.

waalsendmick
26-08-2017, 10:26 PM
by "those" do you mean HIM?

toptoon
26-08-2017, 10:32 PM

There are others.

Jammy89
26-08-2017, 11:34 PM

Can't believe i'm saying this. . .

In his defence he did post saying he thought we'd win today. Whether he meant it or not, who knows but he did say he thought we'd win.

ex_pat_magpie
27-08-2017, 08:56 AM
Can't believe i'm saying this. . .

In his defence he did post saying he thought we'd win today. Whether he meant it or not, who knows but he did say he thought we'd win.

Might have been tongue in cheek though so he could cover himself.

Jammy89
27-08-2017, 08:59 AM
Might have been tongue in cheek though so he could cover himself.

Aye, that had occurred to me as well. However he did say it, it was actually a positive post for once XD

ghostrider
27-08-2017, 09:07 AM
We beat West Ham because we took the game to them. We played on the front foot.
This was what was asked by a few, including me.

I specifically said that we should employ positive tactics against teams on par with us and especially employ them at home.
If Rafa keeps that up against all teams at home and goes a bit more cautious when playing away to the better teams then we have a fair crack of the whip, both in entertaining football and goalscoring chances to gain the spoils of a game.

This is all I was asking and we got it against West Ham.
When you set a team out to be terrier like off the ball and positive in the main when on it, then this is what you get, regardless of West Ham being below par.

I've been saying from the off that it's too early to judge the players and what not but it's never to early to make it known that negative tactics is not the way forward and it appears that rafa has taken heed of it......HOPEFULLY.