PDA

View Full Version : Mitro

Jammy89
26-08-2017, 04:23 PM
Well taken goal.

However i'm seeing stuff on FB that he elbowed a Hammers player and will get a 3 match ban for it?

Anybody know anything?

Edit: What i've just been told is that he looked at their defender and then threw his elbow at blokes head. The ref missed it, which means it'll be eligible for retrospective action from FA. Sutton and Hoddle both reckon it'll be a 3 match ban as he clearly looks at the bloke first.

Edit x2: Apparently Clattenburg on Norwegian tv said it'll def be a 3 game ban.

toptoon
26-08-2017, 04:31 PM
I saw it and the replay. I would be surprised if he gets a ban but then again the FA often surprise me.

The ref wasnŽt great today - IŽd have given Hernandez a red (when he got a yellow when he took out Ritchie off the ball) - he did similar (although not quite so bad to, I think, Clarke) and the ref bottled it again.

On the other hand if you build yoursef a reputation as Mitro has, then the spotlight is always on you.

The goal was well taken and he made a real impact when he came on.

Jammy89
26-08-2017, 04:38 PM
Hernandez should of gone. I saw the highlights of his two tackles and felt he should of got a red for the Ritchie one. Then he should of had a yellow for Clark one.

If he did look and then threw and elbow he'll get the ban. Like you said his reputation will sway the panel i expect.

Zippity
26-08-2017, 04:38 PM
Bugger. :blue:

Davearmy
26-08-2017, 04:41 PM
Didn't one of the wet spam players throw an elbow and get a yellow before that? can't remember who it was now.

Zippity
26-08-2017, 04:42 PM
Aye-the ref even motioned with his elbow before he showed the card....then gave a yellow...:?

toptoon
26-08-2017, 04:45 PM
Didn't one of the wet spam players throw an elbow and get a yellow before that? can't remember who it was now.

Aye - I think it was Sakho on Merino.

Kal
29-08-2017, 04:53 PM
The media have got their way, Mitrovic charged by FA.

Jammy89
29-08-2017, 04:59 PM
Was just about to put this.

He's been charged, so even if it was in refs report (as rumoured) and he'd put that he considered it accidental it's been over-ruled. With Mitro's reputation he'll get a minimum 3 game ban, i can really see it being 5 game ban though and they'll cite his previous as justification.

Zippity
29-08-2017, 05:14 PM
As elbows go I've seen far worse so I'm hoping it's only a 3 game ban.

But, as elbows go, I've rarely seen one as pointless. Dick

toonlegend
29-08-2017, 05:39 PM
this whole retrospective thing needs a complete overhaul.

The FA either HAVE to go over footage of EVERY single game and bring to account every incident, not just those that MOTD or SKY sports deem worthy of making a meal out of, or do nothing to anyone. pisses me off that incidents that are missed are not all brought to the kangaroo court - only those from unfavoured clubs.

2ndly - if there is retrospective action they shouldn't be able to punish them an y more than anyone else in the same game committing the same offence. why should they be penalised more just because the ref wasn't doing his job properly. I don't see why mitro should get more than a yellow card the same as the hammers player who elbowed one of our lads.

Jammy89
29-08-2017, 05:54 PM

The FA either HAVE to go over footage of EVERY single game and bring to account every incident, not just those that MOTD or SKY sports deem worthy of making a meal out of, or do nothing to anyone. pisses me off that incidents that are missed are not all brought to the kangaroo court - only those from unfavoured clubs.

2ndly - if there is retrospective action they shouldn't be able to punish them an y more than anyone else in the same game committing the same offence. why should they be penalised more just because the ref wasn't doing his job properly. I don't see why mitro should get more than a yellow card the same as the hammers player who elbowed one of our lads.

Bang on June.

As you said it's a kangaroo court where media darlings aren't penalised.

MidsMagpie
29-08-2017, 06:04 PM
So he could be looking at a longer ban then Britos will get for his horrific challenge, Crazy

Jammy89
29-08-2017, 06:37 PM

As an add on to this June - someone on my facebook basically saying what you said has put these photos up of tackles etc. to Toon players that weren't called out but aren't being retrospectively banned:

https://scontent-lhr3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/21106513_1078264225608549_2533719381483204825_n.jp g?oh=e590b6f79ffdb99024f618b5629fdeb6&oe=5A174C92

https://scontent-lhr3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/21150446_1078264218941883_7682899559982183734_n.jp g?oh=b063a1d8abf1433c9bb0291e4134aef5&oe=5A27A4E8

https://scontent-lhr3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/21150043_1078264222275216_4326389541715668749_n.jp g?oh=1cad04cbbe099edab7383f31f3cda755&oe=5A5AC938

Kane may have got a yellow - i can't remember but thought i'd include as well.

https://scontent-lhr3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/21151536_1078264228941882_1284632977488648683_n.jp g?oh=09d34c8b32f029e63b13e5aa4c0f7aae&oe=5A2B24D0

MidsMagpie
29-08-2017, 07:40 PM
If the Ref saw it and took no action how can the FA still charge him? west ham are the fa darlings so wont get any punishment from those challenges, its one rule for us as usual.

ashingtoon62
29-08-2017, 08:00 PM
Divvint defend this lunatic please!
he should never pull on a black and white shirt again..2-0 up and he elbows someone just because he felt lIke it..It wasnt even in retaliation FFS..This fella has some serious issues and trying to defend his actions just makes us seem,errm deluded??

Jammy89
29-08-2017, 08:40 PM
Oh he's an idiot - no doubt about it Ash.

Issue still stands though he's getting penalised (and rightly so) whereas others aren't.

It needs to be a consistent rule.

Davearmy
29-08-2017, 09:15 PM
If i was Mitro/Rafa now if be going fecking mental. First of all Mitro's elbow wasn't a red card it was a yellow at best because if the ref had seen it which apparently he did then its a yellow (Like the other elbow from Sakho which was worse) but it's been over ruled by the corrupt b*stards so Sakho need's a longer ban as his was worse and Harry kane needs a 10 game ban for the tackle on Lejeune and Hernandez needs a ban also for what should of been a red card that was BOTTLED and the numerous players who were stamping on our players chests and trying to kick them in the face at Huddersfield BAN THEM ALL.

IM sick to fecking death of our players being mugged off with replays from every angle 300 times by every Pundit, Commentator and the FA while every kunt that stamps on, Tackles from behind or elbows ANY of our players gets away with it.

Where were the replays and mentions of the Sakho elbow that was far worse than Mitro's which also the ref seen and gave a yellow to? Where were the replays of Hernandez challenges that when added up proves he should of been sent off? not even one comment on any of them and it's not the first time either.

toptoon
29-08-2017, 10:08 PM

We either have retrospective action for everything or nothing. Why is it only for fouls 'not seen by the ref'? What about for the countless result changing howlers made by refs every season?
FFS just bring in video and solve all these issues at a stroke.

ghostrider
30-08-2017, 06:22 AM
We will always be targeted when we have players like Mitro and Shelvey who just appear not to heed warnings or refuse to learn.
Once you're tagged with the bad boy image, it sticks.

The major issue, as has been already said, is making all similar punishments be accountable and not just those of players that appear to stand out for ripe picking.

In reality and looking at it from a contact point of view in terms of the panel, you would hope that it would be minimum punishment.
However, the reality is, Mitrovic showed intent and that will be good enough for a 3 to 5 match ban, us being Newcastle in the north east with a player like Mitrovich.

Does Mitrovich deserve what's coming?
To be totally honest....YES.
He's not backward. He's coherent. He can clearly absorb pitch orders before the game.
His problem is the classic "I will not be beaten in a fight" routine, so the red mist takes over.

If he can't cut this out of his physical game or at least be aware of the scrutiny on him when he gets wound up, then he might as well eff off, although I'd seriously like him to stay and sort it all out but knowing that this would be his last chance after whatever ban comes into place.

The FA panels will always allow the darlings to escape major punishments and we all know that, because (as has been said) they're as corrupt as all hell.
That's not our issue or worry.
Our issues and worries are making sure our players do not fall into their jurisdiction on wrong doings, or this is what happens and we simply cannot afford to keep doing this.

I will say this though.
That Watford player who tried to break Knockaerts leg should be banned from football for the season but also facing criminal charges for intent to cause injury to a person.

andyj73
30-08-2017, 10:22 AM
.. Get over yourself man ffs ..

As an add on to this June - someone on my facebook basically saying what you said has put these photos up of tackles etc. to Toon players that weren't called out but aren't being retrospectively banned:

https://scontent-lhr3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/21106513_1078264225608549_2533719381483204825_n.jp g?oh=e590b6f79ffdb99024f618b5629fdeb6&oe=5A174C92

https://scontent-lhr3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/21150446_1078264218941883_7682899559982183734_n.jp g?oh=b063a1d8abf1433c9bb0291e4134aef5&oe=5A27A4E8

https://scontent-lhr3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/21150043_1078264222275216_4326389541715668749_n.jp g?oh=1cad04cbbe099edab7383f31f3cda755&oe=5A5AC938

Kane may have got a yellow - i can't remember but thought i'd include as well.

https://scontent-lhr3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/21151536_1078264228941882_1284632977488648683_n.jp g?oh=09d34c8b32f029e63b13e5aa4c0f7aae&oe=5A2B24D0

Jammy89
30-08-2017, 12:46 PM
Why - if it was your lot you'd whinge just as much.

I'm sure if i went and looked on other Sunderland forums they'd be people complaining about decisions against you.

Mitro is an idiot, deserves his punishment but it should be consistent and therefore all get retrospective punishment.

occult
30-08-2017, 01:10 PM
I know some people feel that Mitrovic has been victimised whilst other players have gotten away with it but I'm afraid that if you're charged with burglary, for example, it's no defence to say that other burglars have not been prosecuted. You are responsible for your actions and if the criminal justice system isn't perfect so that all burglars are prosecuted, that's tough. I could forgive a player who gets suspended for a nasty tackle to prevent a goal being scored i.e. he does it for the team but a gratuitous, unnecessary off-the ball piece of apparent thuggery- I say apparent because innocent until proved guilty - is something else. NUFC cannot afford players who get regularly suspended so in my view if either Shelvey or Mitrovic are suspended again ( excluding the cuurent Mtro incident ) before the January transfer window, they should be sold.Whatever talents they may have they are too much of a liability.

Nephy
30-08-2017, 01:11 PM
You'd think the bias against clubs in the North East by the governing bodies and media would be something Sunderland fans might actually have some common ground with us over!

Zippity
30-08-2017, 01:14 PM
Mitro is an idiot, deserves his punishment but it should be consistent and therefore all get retrospective punishment.

In a nutshell.

Jammy89
30-08-2017, 01:16 PM
I know some people feel that Mitrovic has been victimised whilst other players have gotten away with it but I'm afraid that if you're charged with burglary, for example, it's no defence to say that other burglars have not been prosecuted. You are responsible for your actions and if the criminal justice system isn't perfect so that all burglars are prosecuted, that's tough. I could forgive a player who gets suspended for a nasty tackle to prevent a goal being scored i.e. he does it for the team but a gratuitous, unnecessary off-the ball piece of apparent thuggery- I say apparent because innocent until proved guilty - is something else. NUFC cannot afford players who get regularly suspended so in my view if either Shelvey or Mitrovic are suspended again ( excluding the cuurent Mtro incident ) before the January transfer window, they should be sold.Whatever talents they may have they are too much of a liability.

Nobody is saying that Mitro is a victim. He's an idiot who deserves his punishment. He is fully responsible for his actions and the fact they could come back and hurt us is a massive problem so i can see why and to some degree agree with you that they should be sold as a liability.

The burglary analogy doesn't really work though, the police don't watch on cameras choosing which burglars to retrospectively charge. If you get caught as a burglar then game is up. With Mitro it's he has been charged by a panel that has ignored others.

pboromag
30-08-2017, 01:27 PM
The bloke is a tool and a reason why rafa wants him gone
with him sidelined and gayle out the door we better get someone in

he will always let us down
he has from day one
a coward just like barton with his cowardly snidey little digs

occult
30-08-2017, 01:33 PM
Jammy89 makes a good point that the analogy I made with burglary isn't perfect because, as he says, the police do not record all burglaries and decide which burglars to prosecute. But the main point, as others have made, is that there is no need for Mitrovic to be in this position at all. He should not be one of the cases for retrospective review. Like Shelvey he does not seem to learn from experience. In any other job they would have been given their cards by now.

Jammy89
30-08-2017, 02:24 PM
I think we're basically agreeing on the main points XD

Jammy89
30-08-2017, 06:23 PM
Ban is confirmed - Mitro didn't fight the charge, will miss games against Swansea City, Stoke City and Brighton & Hove Albion.

trinitoon
30-08-2017, 06:42 PM
Foook :(

occult
30-08-2017, 07:32 PM
Let's hope he can be sold in a last minute deal. Some Italian clubs were supposed to be interested. His ban won't count there. Enough is enough I think.

Jammy89
30-08-2017, 07:40 PM
Let's hope he can be sold in a last minute deal. Some Italian clubs were supposed to be interested. His ban won't count there. Enough is enough I think.

Don't think we'd sell Gayle and Mitro and we have a firm offer for Gayle.

kingstonbob
30-08-2017, 08:27 PM
The bloke is a knob end of. I really dont understand the love in with him from some of our fans - primarily the young ones. Him and Shelvey will never learn and if you have them in your club you have to expect them to be sent off at least once a season and get numerous bookings/misdemeanours.

ghostrider
31-08-2017, 06:07 AM
The bloke is a knob end of. I really dont understand the love in with him from some of our fans - primarily the young ones. Him and Shelvey will never learn and if you have them in your club you have to expect them to be sent off at least once a season and get numerous bookings/misdemeanours.

Let's be fair, we could say the same about Keane or Patrick Viera or Vidic or big Duncan Ferguson, etc. The list is long with red cards and many players getting trial by FA jury on stuff like this.
Mitro's a mug, no doubt about it. He has to learn, no doubt about that, but he's a nuisance player. He's a player that opposition hate. They literally detest him, because he bothers them and is intelligent, football wise in between his mental mishaps.

If he gets sold then so be it but I genuinely think he has a lot to offer if channelled correctly.
Take the fire out of his belly and he'd have to give up football. It's what makes him tick and unfortunately the other tick (in his head) will rear up from time to time, which (if he stays) he has to control, especially off the ball.

It sounds like I'm sticking up for him but the truth is, I'm trying to play reason and simply say that he's a target for ref's, which means his on field antics are being magnified and scrutinised to excess, not to mention players play acting to ensure what he does looks far more sinister than what it really was.
He's not completely nuts, because if he was he could have simply just poleaxed the player. He brushed him but showed intent and that's enough to get him what he got.
Only himself to blame and definitely has to be read the riot act and told that he has to cut the in game brain malfunctions down.

waalsendmick
31-08-2017, 07:50 AM
i still like mitro. we bought him as a raw 20 yr old and we expectrd a world beater.

he needs developing, hes still only 22. hes scored a few goals and has a few assists, and believe me, our academy is not producing anywhere near his quality.

we are not capable of buying great players at their peak, so signings like Mitro, Ayoze and Mbemba are where we get the best value.

he has made a mistake, he has made them before and he will make them again.

each to their own, and I have no argument with any Toon fan who wants him gone or doesn't rate him, it's all about opinions, and, as I said at the beginning.

I like Mitro

pboromag
31-08-2017, 11:27 AM
i still like mitro. we bought him as a raw 20 yr old and we expectrd a world beater.

he needs developing, hes still only 22. hes scored a few goals and has a few assists, and believe me, our academy is not producing anywhere near his quality.

we are not capable of buying great players at their peak, so signings like Mitro, Ayoze and Mbemba are where we get the best value.

each to their own, and I have no argument with any Toon fan who wants him gone or doesn't rate him, it's all about opinions, and, as I said at the beginning.

I like Mitro

he is garbage man

i dont rate josealawho all that much but if you are a young kid looking how to be a forwrd you wouldnt do to bad looking at how josalwho played saturday

if you were to watch mistertrick you wouldnt learn a lot

he wont learn fronm the stands and that is where he spends a lot of his time

rafa only plays him when he has no options

supermack (who would know a striker )doesnt rate him at all

ex_pat_magpie
31-08-2017, 11:49 AM

I like Mitro

I still think he has something to offer. We've seen many players from many clubs in the past do silly things and be "a bit over enthusiastic" in the physical department, then suddenly click and find they can deliver with acceptable "aggression".

I would put Mitro in this bracket. The sooner he does learn and transfer this to a steady flow of goals, and his goals to minutes isn't too far behind Gayle, then the quicker he becomes an asset.

You only have to look at his International record to see that.

How many strikers at his age have a budding international record like his. 18 from 46 starts at three different levels.