PDA

View Full Version : Summery

Mr_Brightside
26-08-2017, 04:23 PM
Was really optimistic with our summer signings but looks like we've just built ANOTHER fantastic five a side team but no a football team. Don't want to go to over the top but that was truley pathetic today, we have no plan B when the tippy tappy doesn't work (which so far it has only worked against Cowdenbeath) and that concerns me.

Flood - done, play him in the irn bru cup and only when every other option is injured
King- can't beat a man, not seeing any improvement from spittal
McDonald - not a lone striker

Final moan get that 4-2-3-1 pish to absolute ****ing ****ing **** of the deepest darkest part of hell.

Mr_Brightside
26-08-2017, 04:57 PM
Was really optimistic with our summer signings but looks like we've just built ANOTHER fantastic five a side team but no a football team. Don't want to go to over the top but that was truley pathetic today, we have no plan B when the tippy tappy doesn't work (which so far it has only worked against Cowdenbeath) and that concerns me.

Flood - done, play him in the irn bru cup and only when every other option is injured

Final moan get that 4-2-3-1 pish to absolute ****ing ****ing **** of the deepest darkest part of hell.

In my drunken rage I've noticed that I've spelt summary wrong. The embarrassment continues.

Chick A Saw
26-08-2017, 05:21 PM
In my drunken rage I've noticed that I've spelt summary wrong. The embarrassment continues.

The weather was quite summerish today though!

JelloBiafra
26-08-2017, 05:38 PM

Think.Fyvie also deserves a special mention in the utter ****e box. Needs to go and play a few Irn bru and under 20s and get fit...

bawbagg
26-08-2017, 06:58 PM
Think.Fyvie also deserves a special mention in the utter ****e box. Needs to go and play a few Irn bru and under 20s and get fit...he should be embarrassed stepping onto the park of a professional fitba game with an arse that size

tHeArAb
26-08-2017, 07:07 PM
Was 4-3-3 according to the Zone?

bawbagg
26-08-2017, 07:14 PM
Was 4-3-3 according to the Zone?yeah it was. the most unorthodox and disorganised 433 ever seen

An old shed boy
26-08-2017, 07:16 PM
It matters not a job what formation it is.
Mackinnon can't get the players to perform.

darrenshedtastic
26-08-2017, 07:25 PM
Think.Fyvie also deserves a special mention in the utter ****e box. Needs to go and play a few Irn bru and under 20s and get fit...

fyvie slows our play down too much. he wants too much time on the ball and the games ive seen of him so far, he hasnt been allowed that time so loses the ball 90% of the time. we looked poor today but we looked slightly better going forward once fyvie was taken off.

JUSTaway
26-08-2017, 07:31 PM

the problem is just as last season when he has managed to build a squad that severely limits his options, regardless of formation he plays. Last season we had no width, i gave him the benefit of the doubt that he inherited a mess. This season he has built a squad that is completely leightweight with no physical presence from in the final third.

Today was a complete joke, and sums up what will be our problems against any decent side that presses us high up the pitch. He want s our defence to build up passes from the back, but they are not good on the ball or able to move it fast enough, so we end up passing all the way along the defence, until we eventually lose possession deep in our own half, or lump it straight up the park where the opposition mop up everything because we have one guy up front who has no pace or height (and add to that playing a right footed centre half Quinn who cant pass with his left foot on the left side of the defence). Why exactly did he buy macdonald? Surely you are only going to get the best out macdonald when he has someone to play off, and even if we do go to a 4-4-2 he wont have a hitman to feed off. Flood is another bad decision, committed but kind of pointless if you are chasing your own misplaced passes. The criteria for most our signings this season seem to have been they are available and known because they are domestic players.

offshore_arab83
26-08-2017, 07:56 PM
in my drunken rage i've noticed that i've spelt summary wrong. The embarrassment continues.

faf !!!!!

ianharab
26-08-2017, 08:25 PM
Was 4_3_3 to start then went 4_2_3_1 second half , just home , utter embarrassment was 3 could easily have been 6 , see guys moaning about Fyvie , he actually was one o a very few that won a tackle today , Flood is finished , King flatters to deceive and achieves nothing , forgot McMullen was on after his booking .

Very poor all round , must be serious doubts about manager I am afraid regards organisation and tactics , last two games have been worst witnessed from a United team in a long time , I know its early doors but the warning signs are there

An old shed boy
26-08-2017, 08:31 PM
Welcome to the club Ian.
Times up Raymond.

Chick A Saw
26-08-2017, 09:02 PM
I know its early doors but the warning signs are there

Probably similar signs that others noted last season just before christmas. I really hope it doesnt become as much of an epic fail as last season.

jjaflup22
26-08-2017, 09:36 PM
the problem is just as last season when he has managed to build a squad that severely limits his options, regardless of formation he plays. Last season we had no width, i gave him the benefit of the doubt that he inherited a mess. This season he has built a squad that is completely leightweight with no physical presence from in the final third.

Today was a complete joke, and sums up what will be our problems against any decent side that presses us high up the pitch. He want s our defence to build up passes from the back, but they are not good on the ball or able to move it fast enough, so we end up passing all the way along the defence, until we eventually lose possession deep in our own half, or lump it straight up the park where the opposition mop up everything because we have one guy up front who has no pace or height (and add to that playing a right footed centre half Quinn who cant pass with his left foot on the left side of the defence). Why exactly did he buy macdonald? Surely you are only going to get the best out macdonald when he has someone to play off, and even if we do go to a 4-4-2 he wont have a hitman to feed off. Flood is another bad decision, committed but kind of pointless if you are chasing your own misplaced passes. The criteria for most our signings this season seem to have been they are available and known because they are domestic players.

This post sums it up for me. I would also say I have been completely underwhelmed by Billy King.

JUSTaway
26-08-2017, 09:48 PM
billy king makes scott fraser look like didier drogba

Jim_Jam
26-08-2017, 10:25 PM
The second half was possibly the worst I have seen us play for a while. The midfield was awful Flood in particular. I don't think Ray is capable of observing a game and able to reorganise a team. He stood silently with his arms folded as we punted the ball upfield.

An old shed boy
26-08-2017, 10:38 PM
Is that not what they're told to at Largs.
And when questioned respond with one of the standard answers.

jjaflup22
27-08-2017, 08:45 AM
billy king makes scott fraser look like didier drogba

Lol! 😁