PDA

View Full Version : Number 10

tooslomofo
26-08-2017, 06:51 PM
Our CAM /no 10 position looks weak to me I don't like Perez playing there although he had a few good glimpses today in a match we dominated I can only think we would be better playing someone else there.
It looks like de Jong is on his way to Ajax if we don't get any one else in I'd be tempted to try Ritchie or Astu there..
any thoughts?

Zippity
26-08-2017, 07:00 PM
Perez had a strange game. For about two thirds of it he was absolute ****e then all of a sudden he had a couple of lush touches and was away...his flicks and turns came off, he ran at them with really good close control, passed it well. Showed what he's got, just wish he could do in more.

As for a number 10, I thought de Jong was an almost perfect fit-big shame it hasn't worked out. Now Diame is just garbage and I think we need Ritchie out on the wing. Atsu I'm not sure but how about Murphy.

Mind, if we're serious about sticking with one up front (and we are, obviously :D ) then maybe our big investment needs to be there?

Nufc24Mag
26-08-2017, 07:08 PM
Our CAM /no 10 position looks weak to me I don't like Perez playing there although he had a few good glimpses today in a match we dominated I can only think we would be better playing someone else there.
It looks like de Jong is on his way to Ajax if we don't get any one else in I'd be tempted to try Ritchie or Astu there..
any thoughts?

What about shelvey playing there?

tooslomofo
26-08-2017, 07:22 PM
Yeah good shout

ex_pat_magpie
26-08-2017, 09:23 PM
What about shelvey playing there?

Worth a try but it might take him some time to get out of the habit of playing Deep.

toptoon
26-08-2017, 09:31 PM
Worth a try but it might take him some time to get out of the habit of playing Deep.

Yeah- Shelvey is a great passer of the ball but seems to need time to play his best - something he wonīt get as much of, playing up at No 10.
Putting my tin hat on, I am happy with Perez there. I thought he played well today. Heīs always trying something different which often doesnīt come off but thatīs what you want with an attacker, to break up good defences. I would say heīs too inconsistent - something he needs to work on, but I think heīs a much better option than Diame there (who I think should only play a defensive midfield role for us).

waalsendmick
26-08-2017, 10:22 PM
I would play Ritchie there and rotate the wide berths between Atsu, Murphy and Aarons.

toonviking
26-08-2017, 11:01 PM
I think Ayoze was good today and he is a bit no10 ish. The problem with Perez is hes a good allround player. But with no special skills really.

Jammy89
26-08-2017, 11:37 PM
I personally wouldn't move Ritchie from wings.

I think we do need a good number 10 player but at same time a striker who scores has to be hte main investment.

toptoon
26-08-2017, 11:43 PM
I personally wouldn't move Ritchie from wings.

I think we do need a good number 10 player but at same time a striker who scores has to be hte main investment.

Striker and a keeper for me. I like Elliottīs attitude and shot stopping but weīre losing a lot of posession due to his poor distribution.

Zippity
26-08-2017, 11:44 PM
Aye, he kicked it straight out at least twice today.

ghostrider
27-08-2017, 08:59 AM
The simple thing about football is to do exactly that...play it simple and not put too much emphasis on the magician like number 10 role and a special kind of player to play it.
We simply need a player who is allowed the freedom to play behind the supposed main striker, who can not only aid in playing him in but also play himself into the mix and basically creating the two strikers role that we tend to only see when positive minds are employed into the tactics.

Joselu could easily play the number 10 behind Gayle and even mitrovic, as well as leading the line himself.
Basically speaking, it's two forwards and it's as simple as that.

You either get positive and use the set up or you play negative and lose the effect of it 99% of the time.
As long as you have an all round type player then you have a perfect number 10.
Joselu is the closest I've seen to one for a long time, for us.

Perez will never be a number 10 as long as he's got a hole in his aris, in the real sense of the word.
Mitrovic could even play the number 10 role quite easily.