PDA

View Full Version : Message to Raymond - Your teas oot. time to go.

An old shed boy
26-08-2017, 06:59 PM
Not because we lost today because we won't win every game.
But the manner in which we lost.
It's evident from last year and again this year that you're not the man for the job.
Performances are not acceptable and the buck stops with you.

darrenshedtastic
26-08-2017, 07:21 PM
i can see why fans arent happy. the performances have been shocking even this season with so called better players. today was a bad day putting it lightly.
however its still gonna take a bit longer for me to be calling for any sackings.
its a bad day but we've played 4 won 3 and lost 1 which is better than i thought we would do when i saw the 1st 4 fixtures.
theres been enough signs so far this season that we can win this league and be better than last season.

hopefully this is the kick up the backside the team needs to realise that they cant perform poorly every week and get away with it like in previous games.

lets not get too carried away with this result.

An old shed boy
26-08-2017, 07:30 PM
Darren, I've supported United since the 60's and don't make knee jerk comments.
I know you didn't suggest that.
I don't think it's the players although they have to accept some responsibility but the buck stops with Mackinnon.
There's always some reason to excuse Mackinnon but bottom line is he's not good enough.

darrenshedtastic
26-08-2017, 07:43 PM
i know dont get me wrong im not completely satisfied by the teams ray puts out and like you said the performances have been poor but i just think that this time last year after 4 games we had 5pts this year we have 9 so there has been some sort of improvement.

today was shocking cant defend Ray for today but i do still think there is something there that shows we can win this league.

all im saying is wait until the next four games dumbarton(H), Falkirk (a), Morton (h) and Dunfermline (a) after them games we can get a good gauge of what team we will be and if were struggling then thats when we should start to consider anything like that.

but if we end that run played 8 with 18pts (won 3 lost 1 out of 4) then we wont be complaining too much.

Patience is required

Chick A Saw
26-08-2017, 07:52 PM
all im saying is wait until the next four games dumbarton(H), Falkirk (a), Morton (h) and Dunfermline (a) after them games we can get a good gauge of what team we will be and if were struggling then thats when we should start to consider anything like that.

but if we end that run played 8 with 18pts (won 3 lost 1 out of 4) then we wont be complaining too much.

Patience is required

Although im not hitting the button yet, if that loss is against Dunfermline and they dont loose points elsewhere, we are 4 points behind them, and they are looking good this season!

seenitab4
26-08-2017, 07:54 PM
Hail mary full of grace.

An old shed boy
26-08-2017, 07:58 PM
My problem with the patience thing is that we give this imposter too long and end up chasing the top position.
With our squad we should win this league but a lesser team with a better manager will leave us behind.

one team in city
26-08-2017, 08:02 PM
My problem with the patience thing is that we give this imposter too long and end up chasing the top position.
With our squad we should win this league but a lesser team with a better manager will leave us behind.

last week poor tday ***an awfulbye bye ray

darrenshedtastic
26-08-2017, 08:03 PM
thats why im suggesting after the next 4 games. if we dont come out the end of the run with at least 6/7pts then i would be starting to call for ray to go aswell. after the 8 games there would is still plenty of time for any manager to come in to turn us around.

having said that last season it took us until end of october before we started to get some consistency so i dont know
i just wouldnt be hitting any panic buttons yet after today

An old shed boy
26-08-2017, 08:19 PM
It's not after today though Darren.
It's last season as well.

darrenshedtastic
26-08-2017, 08:31 PM
totally get that.
however like i said i think there's been signs of improvement so far this season.

An old shed boy
26-08-2017, 08:35 PM
What are these signs of improvement?
Scraped 3 victories.
Didn't play well in any of them.
Sorry Darren but no change from last season.

ianharab
26-08-2017, 08:35 PM
Got to be serious questions about manager , looks tactically naive and poor organisation

arab_plumber
26-08-2017, 08:36 PM
Seriously what can you expect from a Junior manager, he's so far out his depth its laughable

He's signed players who most would agree should be able to do the job yet we're still playing unbelievably bad football and getting pumped away at our rivals just like last season.

P45 should have been handed out after the play offs

deebuster
26-08-2017, 08:49 PM
Seriously what can you expect from a Junior manager, he's so far out his depth its laughable

He's signed players who most would agree should be able to do the job yet we're still playing unbelievably bad football and getting pumped away at our rivals just like last season.

P45 should have been handed out after the play offs

3-0 against any team in this league is unacceptable, and I want to hear that from Ray

RAM1971
26-08-2017, 08:54 PM
Whilst finding agreement with Middle Eastern Sanitary Technician's statements is all but automatic, it must be recognised (which I'm sure MEST does?), that the real root cause for our Club's woes, is actually Ray's employer. We have seen enough to clearly show us that the replacement of Ray will not solve anything at Tannadice. First things first. The Shining Dome must be evacuated from Tannadice faster than an involuntary bowel movement.

darrenshedtastic
26-08-2017, 08:56 PM
the signs of improvement compared to last year imo (not expecting people to agree with all of this)

1. Recruitment
although its still early and some guys could be good or could be rubbish. this seasons signings (without getting fans into a huge excitement) have been improvements on last seasons bar a few. last season we had no width so this season hes signed wingers in Mcmullan and king. last season we didnt have many options overall while this season we seem to have decent options and have been unlucky with injuries so far where we havent been able to see this strength in depth.

2. Digging out Results
the 3 games we won in the league this season we would have lost at least 2 of them last year imo. but we managed to grind them out and get the win. the brechin game was shocking performance all things considered but he got away with it. yes the performances arent great but we still have won these games. yes if we dont win games and the performances are still at that level then questions will be asked.

3. Tactics
a controversial one for fans. for the 1st half of last season we mainly played 4231 but once we had signed another striker we moved to mainly 442 depending on situations within a game. by having a decent recruitment in the summer it allows us to change our system to the demands of the game. Questions over Rays judgement is correct because at times they have been shocking but by at least having the options to change the system compared to last season where we were forced to play guys out of position or be handicapped by only having 1striker.

4. Standard of Play
the general standard of play has been woeful no denying. but there has been moments when we played some nice stuff. until mcmullan got sent off v QotS we played some decent stuff, up in inverness we had some nice phases of play. so i do think we can do it. we just need to realise we cant just turn up and expect to win games we need to earn the right to win games. once we win the battle then we can play and thats where our quality should show.

im not saying Ray is invincible and shouldnt be questioned because he has made many mistakes in his time here. i just think its still too early to be calling for sackings when weve started the season well without even having the performances to match. if performances continue to be poor and we dont get the results then the time for Ray to go. as far as im concerned ill take a scrappy 1-0 every week if we get up. thats the main aim of the season. yes good performances lead to good results but if we can get good results without playing well then great aslong as we win and get promoted imo

tHeArAb
26-08-2017, 09:01 PM
So we sack the manager, then put faith in the man who brought us McNamara, Paatelainen and McKinnon to pick us another dud.

Otm_Shank
26-08-2017, 09:35 PM
i can see why fans arent happy. the performances have been shocking even this season with so called better players. today was a bad day putting it lightly.
however its still gonna take a bit longer for me to be calling for any sackings.
its a bad day but we've played 4 won 3 and lost 1 which is better than i thought we would do when i saw the 1st 4 fixtures.
theres been enough signs so far this season that we can win this league and be better than last season.

hopefully this is the kick up the backside the team needs to realise that they cant perform poorly every week and get away with it like in previous games.

lets not get too carried away with this result.

Aye that's where I am

arabian_ian
26-08-2017, 09:37 PM
3-0 against any team in this league is unacceptable, and I want to hear that from Ray

Think you might wait a long time. McKinnon is far too full of his own importance.

Jim_Jam
26-08-2017, 10:15 PM
Our midfield was not controlling play today. It was crying out for change. Flood was far too slow and inaccurate with his passes. Alardyce was warming up most of the second half. Ray stood silently with his arms folded. We punted the ball constantly up to the smallest man in our team. Change was needed but never came.

arab_plumber
27-08-2017, 07:02 AM
He's useless utterly useless its the same pish as last season

arab81
27-08-2017, 07:17 AM
Only difference from last season is a few names are different on the back of some shirts, still the same slow movement, letting teams get on top of us and looking comfortable in games.
I think the players he's brought in are good enough to win the league but there is no way he's good enough to lead the charge. Act now or we'll properly be in the sh*t soon.

the_arab
27-08-2017, 07:45 AM
2. Digging out Results
the 3 games we won in the league this season we would have lost at least 2 of them last year imo. but we managed to grind them out and get the win.

Why do some people think this is something we wouldn't have done last season?

we were absolutely sh1te for 6 months of last season but did exactly this and found ourselves top........ but you can only play sh1te and win for so long and we inevitably dropped down a couple of spots. We can not do it again this season, thinking we are doing okay because we are grinding them out.... ultimately Ray is a p1sh manager and we should not have to be grinding out every single win we get, yes some but we should also be winning some comfortably!

if we had an off day today most would accept it and move on but the fact is we have been playing sh1te since Ray took charge, we have very rarely been anything other than absolutely disgusting to watch and I'd rather we changed it now than wait to see if we can play sh1te and grind out wins for a whole season

scoobydufc
27-08-2017, 08:08 PM
we are back playing predictable football
Consistently Pish
Switch the lights oot Ray and be on yer way ,Remember and put the keys through the letterbox