won 18
drawn 12
lost 10
Goals for 50
Against 45

Not good enough, not nearly good enough

JUSTaway
26-08-2017, 08:53 PM
and you can probably count on one hand the amount of good performances during that time.

but we did win the diddy cup!!!!

RAM1971
26-08-2017, 08:55 PM
and you can probably count on one hand the amount of good performances during that time.

but we did win the diddy cup!!!!

Only if the hand is covered with a mit rather than a glove!

arabian_ian
26-08-2017, 09:39 PM
Played 40
won 18
drawn 12
lost 10
Goals for 50
Against 45

Shocking stats when you consider the piss poor league we are in.

Whitfieldarab
26-08-2017, 11:34 PM
Well it didnae take long did it?

Get a fkn grip.

United-2016
25-09-2017, 11:54 AM
Poor league but still very much in it so you cant really risk changing the management team just now. Will be judged on if he gets us promoted at the end of the season.

GUNBOAT
25-09-2017, 03:58 PM
[QUOTE=Whitfieldarab.

Get a fkn grip Ray them stats are shockin.

Totally agree mate :P

SmedDUm
25-09-2017, 04:31 PM
Shame we won on Saturday.
It could have been -
P 40
W 17
D 12
L 11
For 48
Against 49 (it would be good if we'd lost 5-0)

Not good enough. Not nearly good enough. Not nearly, nearly good enough.

"We're United supporters.
Loyal thro & thro
Over & over
We will follow you"

USArab
25-09-2017, 05:14 PM
Poor league but still very much in it so you cant really risk changing the management team just now. Will be judged on if he gets us promoted at the end of the season.

We need to stop looking through the microscope at everything. Time, fitness, fewer injuries, teamwork and motivation will see them through the long term! (Honest) ! 😜

shedka
25-09-2017, 06:43 PM
Like I said earlier, We are 16 unbeaten at home (overall won 22 lost 1 under him at Tannadice), we have lost just 3 of our last 26 games in all competitions

Where we need to improve is away from home as it's been

Hopefully an improvement at Dunfermline this Saturday compared to recent away games, it will be needed as they have a very good home record recently and are obviously carrying a threat going forward, saying that the St Mirren defeat is our only league loss for 6 months (in the last 13 league games)

shedka
25-09-2017, 06:49 PM
P 43
W 19
D 14
L 10

Tbf 7 of those defeats came during our only real slump under Ray so far in the first 3 months of the year (where I think we were weakened with the loss of Obadeyi and Smith), we still turned it around at the end of the season and had a chance of promotion with 45 mins left of the 6th play off leg

stokearab
25-09-2017, 07:10 PM
Regarding the OP and the poster, I don't mind him coming on here slating Ray, every right to do that when things are going badly, but he needs to man up and come on when we win and give a bit of praise for that too.

huntedbyafreak
25-09-2017, 07:29 PM
Regarding the OP and the poster, I don't mind him coming on here slating Ray, every right to do that when things are going badly, but he needs to man up and come on when we win and give a bit of praise for that too.

Agree 100%

He only posts when we get beat.

Giant_Jouster
25-09-2017, 07:45 PM

Plumbers SPFL Championship League Record season 2017/18

Matches Played - 7

Minutes Witnessed - 0

Golf Holes Played When Yenitit Playing - 126

You coming to Dunfermline with us on Saturday, Plumber? "Nah, I'm golfing". FACT

stokearab
25-09-2017, 08:07 PM
Plumbers SPFL Championship League Record season 2017/18

Matches Played - 7

Minutes Witnessed - 0

Golf Holes Played When Yenitit Playing - 126

You coming to Dunfermline with us on Saturday, Plumber? "Nah, I'm golfing". FACT

oooft ;D

Whitfieldarab
25-09-2017, 08:09 PM
I'd rather watch the FUN than play golf. FACT.

Charlie arab
25-09-2017, 08:14 PM
Tut tut plumber that is shocking!
Not nearly good enough!😊

stokearab
25-09-2017, 08:21 PM
I'd rather watch the FUN than play golf. FACT.

Too far! :D

GUNBOAT
25-09-2017, 08:28 PM
Agree 100%

He only posts when we get beat.

I thought we won?.

huntedbyafreak
25-09-2017, 08:32 PM
I thought we won?.

Check the dates mate

GUNBOAT
25-09-2017, 08:32 PM
If i was the chairman reading the Plumber's post i would sack Ray tomorrow however after reading Shedka's thought's i would rip up the letter and give him a 3 year extension!. :O

GUNBOAT
25-09-2017, 08:35 PM
Check the dates mate

Got you mate i honestly never noticed that,WTF its back for i have nae idea.

GUNBOAT
25-09-2017, 08:38 PM
Shame we won on Saturday.
It could have been -
P 40
W 17
D 12
L 11
For 48
Against 49 (it would be good if we'd lost 5-0)

Not good enough. Not nearly good enough. Not nearly, nearly good enough.

"We're United supporters.
Loyal thro & thro
Over & over
We will follow you"

Its faithful through and through.Loyal belong's across the road and they arnie very good at it.

SmedDUm
25-09-2017, 08:52 PM
Its faithful through and through.Loyal belong's across the road and they arnie very good at it.

I admit my bad error, sorry Boat.
I was too late to edit.
'Loyal' does have horrible connotations.

GUNBOAT
25-09-2017, 09:00 PM
I admit my bad error, sorry Boat.
I was too late to edit.
'Loyal' does have horrible connotations.

Nae prob's Smed,as a great man once said,"Let he who hasnie made an erse O a post cast the first dockie."

LSArab
25-09-2017, 09:18 PM
Opening Post out of date!

Great win on Saturday so let’s stay positive for massive game at DA

SmedDUm
25-09-2017, 09:37 PM
Check the dates mate

I didn't get the timeline either.
Plumb's post was after we got beat by Boat's team, the mighty Paisley Saints :) which gives the OP a bit more oomph.
Shedka updates things P43 W19 D14 L10 which whatever angle you take on it isn't that shabby.
Include cups too & I think Ray's win %age would touch 50%.

Bangkok_Arab
26-09-2017, 04:25 AM
Played 40
won 18
drawn 12
lost 10
Goals for 50
Against 45

Certainly pritty average record. With that record we would have still been in the top league. On the plus side, never, ever forget just how bad things got from that January. We were absolute dross - worse than anything we have witnessed last season and this.

FWIW - Ray will be here til the end of the season unless we are way out of touch from the top by Xmas. If we are still in sight then, ST should, iMO, bring in someone who can help motivate these players - an experienced ex pro DoF type position.

If not, then I fear we will become a Yo-yo team for the forseeable, and the that in itself would be the ultimate kick in the baz.

thefutureistangerine4
26-09-2017, 08:23 AM
I didn't get the timeline either.
Plumb's post was after we got beat by Boat's team, the mighty Paisley Saints :) which gives the OP a bit more oomph.
Shedka updates things P43 W19 D14 L10 which whatever angle you take on it isn't that shabby.
Include cups too & I think Ray's win %age would touch 50%.

It indisputable that plumber is only ever active on here when we lose. He seems to be extremely motivated to stir up discontent and seems almost unhappy when we win. I reckon smart posters are starting to notice this and he has been found out a bit. There is nothing wrong with criticising but surely a fan of united is going to be able to be positive sometimes.

LSArab
26-09-2017, 09:03 AM
I’m happy with someone looking for change.

We need change at the club. Wish there was something more organised in pressing for change the club needs

Golf on a Saturday though - nah!!

SmedDUm
26-09-2017, 09:49 AM
I’m happy with someone looking for change.

We need change at the club. Wish there was something more organised in pressing for change the club needs

Golf on a Saturday though - nah!!

The new DU Supporters' Foundation is a new group not necessarily pressing for change.
Maybe more waiting in the wings for whatever eventuality.
They consist of a lot of very able & trustworthy Arabs.
I think they're meeting the Board on Thursday.

GUNBOAT
26-09-2017, 07:33 PM
It indisputable that plumber is only ever active on here when we lose. He seems to be extremely motivated to stir up discontent and seems almost unhappy when we win. I reckon smart posters are starting to notice this and he has been found out a bit. There is nothing wrong with criticising but surely a fan of united is going to be able to be positive sometimes.

He is just totally disillusioned in my opinion which i can understand,i am amazed at the support United still carry given the absolute dross served up under Ray.Make no mistake about it this is as bad as its ever been in my lifetime of following the club.

GUNBOAT
26-09-2017, 07:39 PM
The new DU Supporters' Foundation is a new group not necessarily pressing for change.
Maybe more waiting in the wings for whatever eventuality.
They consist of a lot of very able & trustworthy Arabs.
I think they're meeting the Board on Thursday.

They actually want to give the worst chairman in the history of the club more money!,its got to be said we are one really phucked up club at the moment.I Know they are trying to follow the Hearts model but they have the squeaky clean Ann Budge in charge and we have someone who is wining and dining 19 year old lassies.

TerryTheTerror
27-09-2017, 07:31 AM
Until a group come up with a viable alternative to ST, this is the position we are in. Frustrating.

SmedDUm
27-09-2017, 08:15 AM
He is just totally disillusioned in my opinion which i can understand,i am amazed at the support United still carry given the absolute dross served up under Ray.Make no mistake about it this is as bad as its ever been in my lifetime of following the club.

I don't think that's right Boat, DUSF has gone out of its way to say they're NOT for giving the current hierarchy any funds.
They're wise enough to know that would be very counter productive.
You probably know some of the founder members, there is some talent there, some excellent business people, devoted Arabs and definitely not stupid, they have a fair handle on the current state of affairs and definitely not naive.

(This in reply to post # 33 sorry).

PortugueseFrank
27-09-2017, 12:16 PM
I don't think that's right Boat, DUSF has gone out of its way to say they're NOT for giving the current hierarchy any funds.
They're wise enough to know that would be very counter productive.
You probably know some of the founder members, there is some talent there, some excellent business people, devoted Arabs and definitely not stupid, they have a fair handle on the current state of affairs and definitely not naive.

(This in reply to post # 33 sorry).

At the outset they said they wouldn’t give money to current regime but that quickly changed to “one member one vote”. So money could be given to current regime if members say so.

I know of some of the steering group and I know one in particular who I have huge respect for.

Still doesn’t stop me querying why they didn’t simply take over the Trust (would’ve taken about a month via EGM route) then relaunched Trust in DUSF’s image but have the clout of third largest shares in club and place on board to resign or whatever.

I’m yet to receive a credible explanation why they didn’t just do that.

On Ray’s record. It’s the away form that’s done him down. That needs addressed. Travel earlier or later, whatever. Just try and figure out why away is an issue.

Maybe players too used to cushy St Andrews and Tannadice home dressing rooms and don’t like the away digs at a place like Dumbarton?

SmedDUm
27-09-2017, 12:37 PM
'Simply taking over the Trust' Frank would have been much to aggressive a strategy and would only have alienated support.
'Who's this new lot coming in & steamrolling ArabTRUST?'
Would have given the new group an immediate reputation as Billy Bigbaws.

Maybe don't rule out it happening in the future tho?

PortugueseFrank
27-09-2017, 01:31 PM
'Simply taking over the Trust' Frank would have been much to aggressive a strategy and would only have alienated support.

Or it could have United the support behind one group rather than 4 or 5 and saved their founder members 13k in setup costs in the process.

Imagine the good that 13k could’ve done in helping attract a bidder or pressure for more of the unissued shares?

Basher Bloggs
29-09-2017, 08:34 AM
When Ray is saying that Fyvie is playing at the top of his game is it any wonder plumber prefers golf?:O

ahlltanyirhide
29-09-2017, 03:47 PM
'Simply take over the trust' :D

Whitfieldarab
29-09-2017, 04:34 PM

More or less what I've said on another thread.

shedka
30-09-2017, 06:40 PM
P 44
W 20
D 14
L 10

Most Arabs will be delighted tonight

Charlie arab
30-09-2017, 07:03 PM
Really enjoyed game today, how did the golf go plumber?😊

Whitfieldarab
30-09-2017, 07:08 PM
P 44
W 20
D 14
L 10

Most Arabs will be delighted tonight

Although not a great record(for this league) ....

Ye delighted the night.

shedka
30-09-2017, 07:27 PM
Especially when you think (and bare in mind our less than stellar away form this year) that since our win a year ago (the Cammy Bell game) they have lost only 3 of the 16 league Home matches since and their last four were at home have been..

Dunfy 3-1 Morton
Dunfy 5-1 ICT
Dunfy 3-1 Falkirk
Dunfy 3-0 St Mirren

Giant_Jouster
30-09-2017, 07:46 PM
That was much more like it today. And that is the minimum level of performance we should expect from a Dundee United team. I thought Willo did well at RB. I'd like to see Billy King take on the full back more, as he had several one on one opportunities and wasn't nearly direct enough for my liking. Great day out though!

GUNBOAT
30-09-2017, 07:49 PM
Especially when you think (and bare in mind our less than stellar away form this year) that since our win a year ago (the Cammy Bell game) they have lost only 3 of the 16 league Home matches since and their last four were at home have been..

Dunfy 3-1 Morton
Dunfy 5-1 ICT
Dunfy 3-1 Falkirk
Dunfy 3-0 St Mirren

That's a fair post but i still think budget wise we should be pyshing this league with what has happened to Falkirk,the only other team i felt were a major threat is ST Mirren,nae budget but a better manager was my reasoning.

JamesMcClean
30-09-2017, 07:58 PM
The other factor to take into consideration so far also is that in this first quarter we've had to go to ICT, St Mirren, Falkirk and now Dunfermline. Teams that would have been regarded as close rivals for the league. And, unexpectedly now up there in the league, Livingston next week also. Next quarter we have them ALL at home.

Additionally, in contrast to last season we have actually won not just away, but away at league title rivals. RM is certainly not out of the woods in terms of fan confidence. Not by a long chalk. But, a few more like today and last week on the spin and we might just start to believe that we may finally wake up from this godawful nightmare.

Charlie arab
30-09-2017, 08:12 PM
Good point jamesmclean regarding fixtures, with our home record hopefully we'll turn the screw over the next quarter

JelloBiafra
30-09-2017, 08:27 PM
Good point jamesmclean regarding fixtures, with our home record hopefully we'll turn the screw over the next quarter

To win this league we need to be winning at Livi; Queens; Morton Brechin ICT and especially ****ing Dumbarton twice!!

Great last two results now let's put a run that takes us clear. St Mirren still worry me greatly. Hopefully Jack Ross and Morgan are gone by Jan.

LSArab
30-09-2017, 08:33 PM
Unfortunately I don’t think jack ross will leave them.

He has shown with the fun he won’t go to a lower down / relegation threatened SPL team.

Only teams that might come calling and would interest him would probably be down south.

I guess we just need to look after ourselves.

If we keep winning matches we win the league. Simple!