PDA

View Full Version : Thompson

arabian_ian
26-08-2017, 09:31 PM
Was he at the game today? Never seen the slimey sh!te.

Oh and McKinnon. Give in your resignation. You just do not have the ability.

PUTAMADRE
27-08-2017, 12:47 AM
the chairman has brought the club in disrepute

paying off some 19 yer old with 500 quid, this does not even tap the surface of how incompetent he has run the club

why not all arabs are up in arms about this will be the death of the club, we will protest when its too late

USArab
27-08-2017, 01:28 AM

arab_plumber
27-08-2017, 06:58 AM
I wonder who's picking up the old course hotel tab........oh wait I already know

arab81
27-08-2017, 07:23 AM
I'll bet the hotel tab was money better spent than floods new 1 year extention :)

RAM1971
27-08-2017, 07:54 AM
I'll bet the hotel tab was money better spent than floods new 1 year extention :)

At 500 quid it must have went on Morning, Noon and Night?

Chick A Saw
27-08-2017, 10:46 AM
I wonder who's picking up the old course hotel tab........oh wait I already know

Now that i am about to write that there are some crackin rumours about St Andrews, there are some who will say those rumours hold no credibility!

DerryJungle
27-08-2017, 10:48 AM
Now that i am about to write that there are some crackin rumours about St Andrews, there are some who will say those rumours hold no credibility!

Do tell.

Chick A Saw
27-08-2017, 10:55 AM
Do tell.

Seen as i was warned away from that in the past and torn a strip for repeating another, you've got no chance!

LSArab
27-08-2017, 05:45 PM
I thought everyone loved a rumour!

Anyway re this thread - surely everyone agrees ST should go.

What is his asking price???

United are a loss making company. Across Scottish football a club only makes a profit on a big transfer which is rare despite our bounty of exceptional young talent over past few years

Whoever comes in will have to spend just to keep afloat, hardly an enticing prospect

If we were in the prem we might not break even.

Whoever comes in should be and would have to be doing it for love of united and certainly not money. Clubs like united can't be used as cash cows as if they are and money is taken out then they can't compete

Bearing that no money will ever be made by whosever comes in and takes this perillous position on - so we know what is asking price?

offshore_arab83
28-08-2017, 08:58 PM
If we are picking up this tab then like everything else its a f ucking disgrace

Chick A Saw
28-08-2017, 09:09 PM
https://www.eveningtelegraph.co.uk/fp/dundee-united-discriminated-receptionist-due-disability/amp/

Maybe not directly attributed to ST, but something else to add to the list of court appearances the club is being linked to.

offshore_arab83
28-08-2017, 09:14 PM
More bad press

can anyone else remember anything near the amount of bad press we've had in the past 5 years?

Chick A Saw
28-08-2017, 09:19 PM
More bad press

can anyone else remember anything near the amount of bad press we've had in the past 5 years?

I would say Jims punch but thon boy Barnes deserved that!

PortugueseFrank
29-08-2017, 12:19 AM
If we are picking up this tab then like everything else its a f ucking disgrace

That’s a big “if”.

I find it highly unlikely as there is no justification for the business to pay that bill.

Remember the Oz expenses the auditors made him pay back. The same would happen again.

Sounds like ****e to me.

PortugueseFrank
29-08-2017, 12:25 AM
https://www.eveningtelegraph.co.uk/fp/dundee-united-discriminated-receptionist-due-disability/amp/

Maybe not directly attributed to ST, but something else to add to the list of court appearances the club is being linked to.

More bad press for the Dundee United name.

Spoke with someone today that made a good point.

Recently there has been:

The Stevie Campbell out of court settlement.

The ICT ineligible player. The broken commitment to see those whole took in that game alright.

The chairman’s personal issues which wile 100% no one’s business are in public domain and not reflecting well on United.

And now a (yet to be proven) discrimination case.

This could all prove to me no wrongdoing by the club but add the footballing failure then Dundee United as a brand is a busted flush.

But no new start will come anytime soon I believe.

WASC 🙄

offshore_arab83
29-08-2017, 02:38 AM
Theres alot more to add to that...

deebuster
29-08-2017, 08:23 AM
.....add on

The Kawashima immigration debacle.
The Bell Twitter PR disaster

RAM1971
29-08-2017, 08:40 AM
I would say Jims punch but thon boy Barnes deserved that!

Although Jim had 'lost' it, most people could understand (not condone) his actions. And Jim knew he had to go after that. He had a lot of faults but he had a lot of moral principles too. Doris wouldn't have settled for anything less.

RAM1971
29-08-2017, 08:46 AM
That’s a big “if”.

I find it highly unlikely as there is no justification for the business to pay that bill.

Remember the Oz expenses the auditors made him pay back. The same would happen again.

Sounds like ****e to me.

I'm afraid Mr T does nothing to alleviate speculation and suspicion. His known behaviour does not encourage trust. Terms such as 'highly unlikely' are largely meaningless as long as possibility remains and no adequate presentation is made in support.

PortugueseFrank
29-08-2017, 09:11 AM
I'm afraid Mr T does nothing to alleviate speculation and suspicion. His known behaviour does not encourage trust. Terms such as 'highly unlikely' are largely meaningless as long as possibility remains and no adequate presentation is made in support.

The burden of proof for this speculation falls with those asserting it as fact. Just cause a guy is untrustworthy etc it doesn’t mean he’s guilty of the actions asserted without some actual proof.

If someone can show invoices being paid by club etc then I’ll believe it.

Again though. The auditors won’t sign off on this expense just as the previous auditors didn’t for the Oz trips unless it can be justified and even if housing was able to be jusifitued they couldn’t justify the cost of the old course when more economical options available.

RAM1971
29-08-2017, 10:39 AM
The burden of proof for this speculation falls with those asserting it as fact. Just cause a guy is untrustworthy etc it doesn’t mean he’s guilty of the actions asserted without some actual proof.

If someone can show invoices being paid by club etc then I’ll believe it.

Again though. The auditors won’t sign off on this expense just as the previous auditors didn’t for the Oz trips unless it can be justified and even if housing was able to be jusifitued they couldn’t justify the cost of the old course when more economical options available.

My dear Iberian Peninsular Open and Direct Person, who has stated anything as FACT?? Let's not rush into assuming things that have not been said. Speculation and suspicion require NO proof, merely circumstances and facts which arouse such. Establishment of the truth beyond reasonable doubt certainly places the burden of proof on the accuser, but we are not at that end of the game. Untrustworthiness certainly is justifiable where 'unproven' circumstances lead one to that conclusion and there are certainly plenty of those connected with the subject under discussion. Untrustworthiness is simply a state of having no trust (or lost trust) in a person or something else for various reasons arousing that caution.

If you think that certain questionable 'expenses' cannot be written off as legitimate undertakings, then I am afraid you have a lot to learn about the business and financial world. Please take note that this is a general statement and should not be construed as an attempt to 'prove' wrongdoing in the present case. The FACT that such things happen elsewhere coupled with the seedy goings on at Tannadice, opens the door to speculation and suspicion. Nothing more, nothing less.

Openness is the key towards eradicating unwarranted suspicions and speculation.

By the way, I want my Dundee United back! I have seen sufficient facts and circumstances over the past 3 years or so which boldly underline for myself that such a day is not going to happen anytime soon, if at all. Therein lies my greatest fear. Do I wait for the ultimate 'proof' to recognise it as fact?

arab_plumber
29-08-2017, 11:17 AM
Jim knew what he'd done had crossed the line and his time was up that's the difference

Thompson will continue to rip the piss and bleed us dry

darrenshedtastic
29-08-2017, 11:43 AM
not defending thompson cause alot of mistakes have been over the course of 2/3 years but have to wonder if this topic would be even made if we hadnt just lost 3-0 to saints?

never hear anything about him when were doing well but once we lose a game suddenly thompson pops up again haha

deebuster
29-08-2017, 12:26 PM
not defending thompson cause alot of mistakes have been over the course of 2/3 years but have to wonder if this topic would be even made if we hadnt just lost 3-0 to saints?

never hear anything about him when were doing well but once we lose a game suddenly thompson pops up again haha

Maybe not a hot topic when the team wins or making signings but is always on the back burner.
Its a classic standoff.......most people want him gone......he wants to go......nobody wants to meet his unrealistic demands.....so he sits tight.
As he operates at arms length......its hard to gauge his current views....he uses Coke Stewart and Southern as a firewall and dialogue despite promises is hardly satisfactory.

This can never be fixed, and even if promotion is achieved he is tainted in many eyes.

His conduct has been reckless and careless, and certainly if United were an open club, not a private fiefdom would have seen him gone a long time ago. His dereliction of duty has put our club in danger, and his conduct will see him never far from peoples thoughts, and not in a positive way.

PortugueseFrank
29-08-2017, 01:38 PM
My dear Iberian Peninsular Open and Direct Person, who has stated anything as FACT?? Let's not rush into assuming things that have not been said. Speculation and suspicion require NO proof, merely circumstances and facts which arouse such. Establishment of the truth beyond reasonable doubt certainly places the burden of proof on the accuser, but we are not at that end of the game. Untrustworthiness certainly is justifiable where 'unproven' circumstances lead one to that conclusion and there are certainly plenty of those connected with the subject under discussion. Untrustworthiness is simply a state of having no trust (or lost trust) in a person or something else for various reasons arousing that caution.

If you think that certain questionable 'expenses' cannot be written off as legitimate undertakings, then I am afraid you have a lot to learn about the business and financial world. Please take note that this is a general statement and should not be construed as an attempt to 'prove' wrongdoing in the present case. The FACT that such things happen elsewhere coupled with the seedy goings on at Tannadice, opens the door to speculation and suspicion. Nothing more, nothing less.

Openness is the key towards eradicating unwarranted suspicions and speculation.

By the way, I want my Dundee United back! I have seen sufficient facts and circumstances over the past 3 years or so which boldly underline for myself that such a day is not going to happen anytime soon, if at all. Therein lies my greatest fear. Do I wait for the ultimate 'proof' to recognise it as fact?

I can’t be certain after reading that a couple of times but it sounds as if you’re trying to defend Rumours and Innuendo.

And whilst Fleetwood Mac’s Rumours is a great album, Queen’s Innuendo is, however, shoite.

RAM1971
29-08-2017, 02:28 PM
I can’t be certain after reading that a couple of times but it sounds as if you’re trying to defend Rumours and Innuendo.

And whilst Fleetwood Mac’s Rumours is a great album, Queen’s Innuendo is, however, shoite.

My dear Iberian Peninsular etc., it is not a case of 'defending' rumours and innuendo, it is a case of understanding why 'just' suspicion and speculation arise. Nobody is trying to hammer home unproven matters as fact, but goodness me, appreciate that the very senses which you apply to everyday life, before you make a dear purchase, or big decision, etc., apply equally to all matters which we love, including Dundee United FC. Call it instinct or whatever. It is a natural safety guide in life.

Yes Fleetwood Mac's 'Rumours' is a great album. As for Queen...........I'm sorry but they are not for me. It seems we can see eye to eye. Maybe moreso in the future if you become like me and wholly talk 'pish,' rather than the half hearted manner you implied earlier?

RAM1971
29-08-2017, 02:30 PM
Jim knew what he'd done had crossed the line and his time was up that's the difference

Thompson will continue to rip the piss and bleed us dry

As usual, a short and to the point offering from Middle Eastern Sanitary Technician who knows just how to condense truth and hard fact into as few words as possible.

jjaflup22
29-08-2017, 03:36 PM

Haha, nail on head there mate.

jjaflup22
29-08-2017, 03:40 PM
It's no coincidence that we became the media's whipping boys after the Sevco debacle. Thompson put his head above the parapet (rightly) and will never be forgiven for that and the club is guilty by association.

Chick A Saw
29-08-2017, 03:43 PM

Just like everything else on here, all it is is an opinion, and i love both of those albums!

Chick A Saw
29-08-2017, 03:49 PM
It's no coincidence that we became the media's whipping boys after the Sevco debacle. Thompson put his head above the parapet (rightly) and will never be forgiven for that and the club is guilty by association.

See, i read that differently and think that ST was no more than naive in putting himself up as a spokesman for the league, and his teams support. You have to ask how many other voices were heard around the time saying the same thing, then the rumours on who did the voting!

ahlltanyirhide
29-08-2017, 04:03 PM
See, i read that differently and think that ST was no more than naive in putting himself up as a spokesman for the league, and his teams support. You have to ask how many other voices were heard around the time saying the same thing, then the rumours on who did the voting!

I'm with jj on this. IMO Thompson got played by the kiddie fiddlers Chairman, who allowed our Stephen to step forward into the limelight and save ra sellick from being seen to lay the boot into sevco. I also think our illustrious Chairman revelled in the new found stardom which he suddenly found himself in. The American term of 'Patsy' springs to mind

blackandtangerine
29-08-2017, 05:42 PM

Not fans fault a story came out in the paper after a defeat.

blackandtangerine
29-08-2017, 05:43 PM
I'm with jj on this. IMO Thompson got played by the kiddie fiddlers Chairman, who allowed our Stephen to step forward into the limelight and save ra sellick from being seen to lay the boot into sevco. I also think our illustrious Chairman revelled in the new found stardom which he suddenly found himself in. The American term of 'Patsy' springs to mind

Bloody shame. Heart bleeds.

shed-buoy
29-08-2017, 07:37 PM
Bloody shame. Heart bleeds.

Arabest all, back after a self imposed exile from this board and with a new account after I couldn't remember password for previous shed_buoy entry

Anyway had decided not to renew season ticket till week before first game and couldn't bear not to be in usual place or able to get tickets first to small capacity away games

Main reason for underpinning disillusion is the malaise of ST's custodianship. I could suggest he does the decent thing and goes assp, however this is a contradiction in terms (decency and ST). In meantime hoping boys get fit, team plays to the same tune with vigour, and Ray displays a consistency as manager he rarely provided as a player (81 was my first season supporting United as a newcomer to the city)

Over the piece my life, my families life, and my community of friends are all richer for being tangerine. If I'm a dreamer I'm not the only one ;-)

ahlltanyirhide
29-08-2017, 08:42 PM
Arabest all, back after a self imposed exile from this board and with a new account after I couldn't remember password for previous shed_buoy entry

Anyway had decided not to renew season ticket till week before first game and couldn't bear not to be in usual place or able to get tickets first to small capacity away games

Main reason for underpinning disillusion is the malaise of ST's custodianship. I could suggest he does the decent thing and goes assp, however this is a contradiction in terms (decency and ST). In meantime hoping boys get fit, team plays to the same tune with vigour, and Ray displays a consistency as manager he rarely provided as a player (81 was my first season supporting United as a newcomer to the city)

Over the piece my life, my families life, and my community of friends are all richer for being tangerine. If I'm a dreamer I'm not the only one ;-)

Welcome back sb

offshore_arab83
29-08-2017, 10:00 PM

Course it would, to assume otherwise is mental, its Utd mad ffs