PDA

View Full Version : Simple question- should Mackinnon go ?

An old shed boy
26-08-2017, 10:42 PM
I'll start - yes F off immediately.

Chick A Saw
26-08-2017, 10:46 PM
Undecided but patience wearing thin.

Whitfieldarab
26-08-2017, 11:35 PM
Fk off. Minter

USArab
27-08-2017, 01:30 AM
I'll start - yes F off immediately.

Yes, he definitely should go, go and read up on attack is the best form of defense!

Now, be a good fellow and trot on!

LSArab
27-08-2017, 04:07 AM
It is horrible where club is right now.

Recruitment and selection ray has done well most of time. The motivating of the team seems to sometimes fall flat. Yesterday big game and they were absent.

I don't think we have much choice but to give Ray time and I think we should back him and team

arab81
27-08-2017, 05:22 AM
Should've went last season.

arab_plumber
27-08-2017, 06:56 AM
Should've went last season.

Correct

He's hopeless

the_arab
27-08-2017, 07:37 AM
Yes 100%, completely out his depth

TerryTheTerror
27-08-2017, 08:05 AM
Not now, no. If we don't get promoted this season then yes, it's as stark as that for me.

RAM1971
27-08-2017, 08:23 AM
Not now, no. If we don't get promoted this season then yes, it's as stark as that for me.

Presumably this is not a stay of execution until the end of the season, but until such time as things start to get very doubtful, e.g. our league position versus other teams, results, etc?

ianharab
27-08-2017, 08:26 AM
Wouldn't give him till end of season , we simply cannot afford to , he needs to have a rethink as to our approach to games in this league , needs to wise up soon or he will find himself out of a job , this is his team there are no excuses

RAM1971
27-08-2017, 08:32 AM
Other challenging teams are picking up momentum which will boost their confidence and deliver results. Our style of play cannot breed confidence in the players. It can only produce crap. Confidence rather than crap will win this league!

duke_the_arab
27-08-2017, 08:45 AM
We haven't impressed in one game so far this season. Could easily have lost our first 3 league games before yesterday. The same as last season boring football with players who could do so much better with a more positive manager. Next month is big for us and if things don't improve then he should go.

deebuster
27-08-2017, 08:51 AM
We scraped 3rd with Hibs in the league.
I'm sorry to say, I see nothing to suggest we will finish higher.....the way we are playing.
I'm prepared to wait a few games to see if things improve.
Performances MUST get better....and quick.
Feck knows what is going on off the park, but the players arent buying into the managers 'philosophy'......that usually leads to a parting of the ways.
He must find a pair, and get the players to buy in, or he will be gone.
We cant afford to NOT win the league....so we cant affoird to wait until seasons end.

ianharab
27-08-2017, 09:12 AM
Can't argue with any of that Deebuster

DerryJungle
27-08-2017, 09:16 AM
This result, in a vacuum shouldn't get him sacked, but if for the next month, performances and results don't improve, then yes we should cut bait before things get out of hand. A good manager would win this league at a canter with the players we have, and should really be doing it with some style.

I was encouraged to renew my season ticket by our summer business, I felt at the time and still do, that the players we brought in are a massive upgrade on last season, but it's taken all of 3 games to remind why I wanted to jack it last season. I was ***** seek watching the sh1te McKinnon continued to serve up, week in, week out, and it looks like nothings changed in that regard. Brechin last week sent the alarm bells ringing in my head once again, I don't care what people say about it ultimately being the 3 points that counts. In no scenario should Dundee United be struggling at home against Brechin phucking City, who were well worthy of a point, perhaps three.

1 bad loss isn't enough to get him sacked, but it's clear as day already, that even with a squad that on paper, should win this league with impunity, McKinnon's gonna make a meal of it.

Thompson should right now be preparing for a scenario in which we're rapidly losing ground on those at the top of the league, so that we're not caught with our dick in our hands should this situation arise.

ianharab
27-08-2017, 09:25 AM
Just read McKinnons comments after game yesterday ,quote , I didn't see that performance coming , has he watching our games so far with his eyes shut ??? .
Scary stuff , we haven't played well in any league game so far.

SmedDUm
27-08-2017, 10:08 AM
Have gleaned the multifarious threads re Ray coming or going & Xmas is the earliest time for any decision on his future.
If performances (more than results even) by his (still brand new remember) XI haven't improved after we've played the other 9 teams home & away then there will be a decision to be made.

GingerPetric
27-08-2017, 11:31 AM
If results are consistently poor (aligned with the current level of performance) there is no danger he will see out a further 14 games.

RAM1971
27-08-2017, 12:34 PM
Just read McKinnons comments after game yesterday ,quote , I didn't see that performance coming , has he watching our games so far with his eyes shut ??? .
Scary stuff , we haven't played well in any league game so far.

I read these comments also. Unbelievable if true. A clear cut case of blindness or denial. Despite having won our first three games and sitting top of the league, no one was surprised to see us humped by St. Mirren. Contrastingly no one was surprised to see St. Johnstone get a draw just a few miles away at Parkhead.

No more procrastinating. Thompson must go. If he remains at the helm our club is doomed.

An old shed boy
27-08-2017, 12:50 PM
Ram, are you suggesting that if Thompson goes then things will improve on the park.?
Mackinnons inability is not down to him (bad as he is)

ianharab
27-08-2017, 01:18 PM
If if McKinnon did go would you trust him to get the next manager right ?? , given his record in this department I would say no

Chick A Saw
27-08-2017, 01:28 PM
If if McKinnon did go would you trust him to get the next manager right ?? , given his record in this department I would say no

Im gonna have to go back to Rays post match interview and watch his reaction when asked about more business this week. Something is not ringing true for me.

An old shed boy
27-08-2017, 01:34 PM
At the time JMac seemed a good choice that started well until it all went t*ts up.
Mixu was a bad choice and the cheap option.
Don't think Wright was ever going to leave St J.
Who knows whether Hughes would have kept us up if he'd been prepared to pay the money.
There was a lot of support for Ray although many thought him the wrong choice.
I don't think there's any chance of Mackinnon being sacked and absolutely no chance he'll resign.

ianharab
27-08-2017, 01:46 PM
Definitely won't resign , however , if performances don't improve a decision will have to be made , don't think the club could afford another season in the championship

ianharab
27-08-2017, 01:47 PM
As in what Chick ????

Chick A Saw
27-08-2017, 01:50 PM
As in what Chick ????

Just his body language and reaction to the question, like i say, will have to look at it again and the touring cars are on!

Sutherland Arab
27-08-2017, 02:49 PM
Would give him the next four league games.
Two difficult away games in Falkirk and Pars to prove we have what it takes.
Any more guff like yesterday and he should go.

RAM1971
27-08-2017, 02:55 PM
Ram, are you suggesting that if Thompson goes then things will improve on the park.?
Mackinnons inability is not down to him (bad as he is)

Ancient Garden Implement Storage Receptable Junior Male, that is exactly what I am saying.....ultimately! It is clear that the Thompson dynasty offers nothing to Dundee United Football Club other than embarrassment, heartache and destruction. There appears to be a bad culture at Tannadice affecting everything from the top to the bottom of the Club which won't be exorcised by Ray's departure. It became obvious during Jackie's tenure and no amount of changes in managers and coaching staff or players have changed this one little bit. Even the pies (doesn't matter which type) have gone downhill in that time, at least those up for sampling in the Gee Eff Upper.

Someone needs to pour a large supply of laxatives into the Tannadice drinking water to encourage a massive bowel movement to flush out those responsible for this unfortunate culture. Only under new ownership and guidance will the Phoenix rise from the ashes. May it be soon.

If Thompson saves his hide yet again by ousting his manager/head coach, it will change nothing on the park. Yes Ray is out of his depth but the more pressing need is for the Chrome Dome to be evacuated from the premises. Let any new owners deal with Ray. First things first.

I would rather my Club had disappeared under the control of Jim McLean than suffer its slow, terminal decline under the Thompson Dynasty.

An old shed boy
27-08-2017, 03:05 PM
There might be some truth in your assertions Ram but Thompson will only go when he thinks it's best for him.
In the meantime we can't continue with a manager who is unable to get the best out of what looks, on paper at least, the strongest squad in the league.
For me there's no evidence that Ray can turn things around.
Agree about the pehs.
Used to be a Nicolls pie and a bovril for me.

LSArab
27-08-2017, 03:15 PM
For me the knowledge of jackies contract seemed to start to sour things and the departure of the Tim two caused breakdown.

Mixu was the cheap bad option at wrong time.

Most on here agree Ray recruited well on summer. He's a decent guy - let him have a go to see what he can get out of the players he has picked up and who want to play for him

RAM1971
27-08-2017, 03:17 PM
There might be some truth in your assertions Ram but Thompson will only go when he thinks it's best for him.
In the meantime we can't continue with a manager who is unable to get the best out of what looks, on paper at least, the strongest squad in the league.
For me there's no evidence that Ray can turn things around.
Agree about the pehs.
Used to be a Nicolls pie and a bovril for me.

AAAAArgh! Why did you have to mention Nicholls??? Oh, sorry, you meant the pehs. I agree! I also agree that there is no evidence that Ray is going to turn things round, but that is never going to happen under the Thompson Dynasty, no matter whose backside sits in the dug-out. Dundee United FC provides Thompson with the prospect of a very healthy Chief Executive wage and a multitude of other 'benefits and privileges' (use a wide interpretation) which he will not get anywhere else. Once he has left Tannadice behind for the last time, it's very likely to be a downhill ride for him. There might be a lot more to his high asking price than meets the eye. He is fortunate that when things really start to focus on him, he throws the manager under the bus and escapes relatively unscathed.

RAM1971
27-08-2017, 03:20 PM
For me the knowledge of jackies contract seemed to start to sour things and the departure of the Tim two caused breakdown.

Mixu was the cheap bad option at wrong time.

Most on here agree Ray recruited well on summer. He's a decent guy - let him have a go to see what he can get out of the players he has picked up and who want to play for him

I am prepared for this 'go,' but only on for the short term, with ousting focus firmly first and foremost on exorcising the Thompson Dynasty. I want the spirit of Wee Jim back at my Club.

Arabdad
27-08-2017, 04:44 PM

The worry for me is that if we don't go up this year we cannot afford another season down here. The more games we play, the more out of his depth Ray looks. Don't know if baldy has the cajones to do it but an early replacement as Hearts did with Cathro might be the only thing that saves our season. January might be too late. The forthcoming games against Falkirk and Dunfermline will be the absolute proof if any is still needed whether Ray can take us back up or not.

Shedrule68
27-08-2017, 06:32 PM
Do we take the chance of paying off Ray taking the financial hit just now,because the thought of not getting up and the consequences of that could mean many years out of the top flight , has to be someone who could do a better job with the squad we have.

alwaysanarab
27-08-2017, 06:51 PM
Was thinking maybe get an experience auld heid to help oot, wonder what Tommy Mcleans doing the noo?

scoobydufc
27-08-2017, 07:47 PM
Mckinnon's vision seems to be obscured by a historical tangerine mist and he has to break away from the player mentality and be a manager in the dressing room who must be an absolute b**t*rd
Then we may see a reaction on the touchline instead of standing there with his arms folded shaking his head
He has a backroom staff of coaches and advisories surely they must see his tactical and clueless inadequacy
If they don't then they are as ignorant as him
Possibly a clear out of the backroom staff and recruit an old head to work with him to steady the ship
If this poor performances continue i'm afraid that a gap will appear between us and other title contenders which wont be so easy to claw back

tHeArAb
27-08-2017, 07:53 PM
Punt McKinnon and let ST employ another dud? This is never ending. Punting McKinnon will do **** all with the chairmans track record of employing managers.

An old shed boy
27-08-2017, 08:48 PM
Why would it be another dud ?
JMac was a decent appointment at the time.
Mixu was a disaster. Absolutely.
Jury was out on Mackinnon from the start. Some thought a good appointment while others didn't.
Surely Thompson doesn't pick a manager in isolation without taking advice from football people.
Then again it's Thompson so who knows.

seenitab4
27-08-2017, 09:56 PM
Should'nt be even mentioned till november month then thereafter its the christmas window ,thats the best any doomonger can hope for . Where is all this cash for (pay offs )new manager coaches backroom staff coming from exactly? Yesterday was a wake up call ... pure downer actually but, unless your a potential buyer then better to stop shouting about thousends of pounds worth of changes. Btw having a season ticket does not count as pumpng in cash. Sunday piss up!!

jjaflup22
27-08-2017, 10:22 PM
Ancient Garden Implement Storage Receptable Junior Male, that is exactly what I am saying.....ultimately! It is clear that the Thompson dynasty offers nothing to Dundee United Football Club other than embarrassment, heartache and destruction. There appears to be a bad culture at Tannadice affecting everything from the top to the bottom of the Club which won't be exorcised by Ray's departure. It became obvious during Jackie's tenure and no amount of changes in managers and coaching staff or players have changed this one little bit. Even the pies (doesn't matter which type) have gone downhill in that time, at least those up for sampling in the Gee Eff Upper.

Someone needs to pour a large supply of laxatives into the Tannadice drinking water to encourage a massive bowel movement to flush out those responsible for this unfortunate culture. Only under new ownership and guidance will the Phoenix rise from the ashes. May it be soon.

If Thompson saves his hide yet again by ousting his manager/head coach, it will change nothing on the park. Yes Ray is out of his depth but the more pressing need is for the Chrome Dome to be evacuated from the premises. Let any new owners deal with Ray. First things first.

I would rather my Club had disappeared under the control of Jim McLean than suffer its slow, terminal decline under the Thompson Dynasty.

What are you on about? You would rather the club had 'disappeared under the control of Jim McLean'. So all the highs that we have had in the last 15 years are completely negated by the last 3? You wouldn't have wanted to witness the Levein era, Scottish Cup win, Nads goal v Sevco at Greyskull, Johnny Russell scoring in one minute at Tanny, Armstrong, GMS, Robertson, Gauld, I could go on and on... You don't half post some rubbish on here.

FTD1983
28-08-2017, 05:13 AM
Too early for calling for McKinnons napper this season imo.

Prior to this week we were showing the mark of champions - I.e playing poorly and winning. One bad defeat is a bit too soon to be losing our ****, especially just 4 games in with a mass renovated squad.

Cast an eye over the road prior to this week and you'd see a team playing well by all accounts but getting **** all - that's far more worrying!

TerryTheTerror
28-08-2017, 07:32 AM
I totally agree FTD.

dundeeunitedfc83
28-08-2017, 08:15 AM
Too early for calling for McKinnons napper this season imo.

Prior to this week we were showing the mark of champions - I.e playing poorly and winning. One bad defeat is a bit too soon to be losing our ****, especially just 4 games in with a mass renovated squad.

Cast an eye over the road prior to this week and you'd see a team playing well by all accounts but getting **** all - that's far more worrying!

The making of champions, I've no seen united play well in about 3 years! I for one can't be ****ing arsed to watching this ****e all again this season

arab_plumber
28-08-2017, 08:37 AM
Mckinnon's vision seems to be obscured by a historical tangerine mist and he has to break away from the player mentality and be a manager in the dressing room who must be an absolute b**t*rd
Then we may see a reaction on the touchline instead of standing there with his arms folded shaking his head
He has a backroom staff of coaches and advisories surely they must see his tactical and clueless inadequacy
If they don't then they are as ignorant as him
Possibly a clear out of the backroom staff and recruit an old head to work with him to steady the ship
If this poor performances continue i'm afraid that a gap will appear between us and other title contenders which wont be so easy to claw back

Like him his back room staff are from lochee united there lies all the problems

Ray's after match comments are absolutely astounding and sickening,if he didn't see Saturday coming he should resign at once because everyone else watching us new we would get tanked if we played the same way as Brechin.

Ray has never got United playing well at any point of his tenure,even our best run of results last season was complete pish to watch and based on some great defensive displays and snatching goals from nowhere.

FTD1983
28-08-2017, 08:37 AM
The making of champions, I've no seen united play well in about 3 years! I for one can't be ****ing arsed to watching this ****e all again this season

You don't need to play well to win this league.

arab_plumber
28-08-2017, 08:40 AM
Yes you do you cannot go a whole season playing poorly and keep winning,look back on our last season that hits the nail on the head.

McKinnon is approaching a crisis imo

TerryTheTerror
28-08-2017, 09:10 AM
Yes you do you cannot go a whole season playing poorly and keep winning,look back on our last season that hits the nail on the head.

This is true, no doubt.

Otm_Shank
28-08-2017, 09:21 AM
Im still with him. More like Saturday and that won't last long at all.

SmedDUm
28-08-2017, 09:23 AM
The worry for me is that if we don't go up this year we cannot afford another season down here. The more games we play, the more out of his depth Ray looks. Don't know if baldy has the cajones to do it but an early replacement as Hearts did with Cathro might be the only thing that saves our season. January might be too late. The forthcoming games against Falkirk and Dunfermline will be the absolute proof if any is still needed whether Ray can take us back up or not.

The forthcoming games against Alloa & Dumbarton are more forthcoming than Falkirk & Dunfermline if you get my drift.

Otm_Shank
28-08-2017, 09:36 AM
Like him his back room staff are from lochee united there lies all the problems
Ray's after match comments are absolutely astounding and sickening,if he didn't see Saturday coming he should resign at once because everyone else watching us new we would get tanked if we played the same way as Brechin.

Ray has never got United playing well at any point of his tenure,even our best run of results last season was complete pish to watch and based on some great defensive displays and snatching goals from nowhere.

I keep reading people saying he should have seen it coming. Think most of the predictions over the boards had us winning. Bit revisionary of folk

TerryTheTerror
28-08-2017, 09:43 AM
Plumber hasn't posted for weeks so you never read him saying we'd beat St Mirren.

SmedDUm
28-08-2017, 10:11 AM
I keep reading people saying he should have seen it coming. Think most of the predictions over the boards had us winning. Bit revisionary of folk

Good point Otm. I predicted 1-1 so did I see it half coming?

:?

arab_plumber
28-08-2017, 11:27 AM
I posted on angry arab we'd get pumped

When you seriously struggle to beat a part time team at home how could any of you really expect a win or even a decent performance since we've played pish all season so far

Try and be smart all you want if its takes away Ray's continued failings as our manager for you guys

RAM1971
28-08-2017, 11:33 AM
What are you on about? You would rather the club had 'disappeared under the control of Jim McLean'. So all the highs that we have had in the last 15 years are completely negated by the last 3? You wouldn't have wanted to witness the Levein era, Scottish Cup win, Nads goal v Sevco at Greyskull, Johnny Russell scoring in one minute at Tanny, Armstrong, GMS, Robertson, Gauld, I could go on and on... You don't half post some rubbish on here.

Yeh but the other half is really good!

Is it that difficult for you to see things in context??

I am comparing the culture of the McLean era with the Thompson era. Yes Wee Jim lost it towards the end of his tenure, but overall he is the best thing that has happened to our Club. Had things gone female upper naughty bits up at the end of Jim's era it could have been viewed as an unfortunate end to an unbelievable roller coaster. This Thompson era is dragging the Club through the mud and bringing shame and disgrace to the proud Club that Wee Jim made it. If the lights go out under Thompson, after all his shenanigans, it will be a lot more gut wrenchingly terrible than if Doris switched the lights off after Jim headed for the taxi.

Just for a moment try and see where the current regime are taking us? No disrespect to Eddie but there is a clear case of 'what goes around, comes around, developing at Tannadice.

RAM1971
28-08-2017, 11:38 AM
Plumber hasn't posted for weeks so you never read him saying we'd beat St Mirren.

Is it possible that unlike Ray, but like many others, Middle Eastern Sanitary Technician saw the St. Mirren defeat coming?

TerryTheTerror
28-08-2017, 11:57 AM
When you seriously struggle to beat a part time team at home how could any of you really expect a win or even a decent performance since we've played pish all season so far

I though we played really well against QotS, especially given the circumstances. Tactically RM got it spot on that day.

SmedDUm
28-08-2017, 12:16 PM

Try and be smart all you want if its takes away Ray's continued failings as our manager for you guys

Don't suppose you've ever predicted a win on happy arab?

bobafett
28-08-2017, 01:00 PM
Nah. Not yet. Mangers being sacked this early in the season is one of the more ridiculous developments in football over the past 15/20 years. Granted, Saturday and last week were utterly dire but it will take time for the team to come together properly and it's FAR to early to resort to drastic measures.

LSArab
28-08-2017, 01:08 PM
Thompson era was fine by me until ST decisions started to take effect. Now I just hope he goes asap. Even Justine has left the board hasn't she??

The problems with Ray are same as last season. Can he motivate players to win week in week out, jury is out on that one.

Saturday was terrible but we have 3 wins out of 4 this season

We need to win league but the time for changing manager was in the summer.

Would be mad to sack Ray now and who would possibly want to come to replace him when he's been sacked after 9pts from 4 matches, topping league cup group and to work under ST

Ray has built a decent squad on paper with no transfer money to play with and what seems a one in one out approach.

He deserves a bit of time and support to see if he can get the team playing and winning

Danny_Dyer
28-08-2017, 01:15 PM
He should be sacked ASAP!

Our away record under him is phucking disgusting, as is the football served up on a weekly basis!

I can count on 1 hand and still have 2 fingers spare, the amount of games we have played really well in under his leadership.

The man is a phucking fraud!!

SmedDUm
28-08-2017, 02:52 PM
I much prefer the voices of reason in posts # 59 & # 60 to the slaughter of post # 61.

jjaflup22
28-08-2017, 02:55 PM
Thompson era was fine by me until ST decisions started to take effect. Now I just hope he goes asap. Even Justine has left the board hasn't she??

The problems with Ray are same as last season. Can he motivate players to win week in week out, jury is out on that one.

Saturday was terrible but we have 3 wins out of 4 this season

We need to win league but the time for changing manager was in the summer.

Would be mad to sack Ray now and who would possibly want to come to replace him when he's been sacked after 9pts from 4 matches, topping league cup group and to work under ST

Ray has built a decent squad on paper with no transfer money to play with and what seems a one in one out approach.

He deserves a bit of time and support to see if he can get the team playing and winning

Exactly. However some people would like us to believe the Thompson era has been rotten to the core since day one as it suits their narrative.

USArab
28-08-2017, 03:08 PM
Nah. Not yet. Mangers being sacked this early in the season is one of the more ridiculous developments in football over the past 15/20 years. Granted, Saturday and last week were utterly dire but it will take time for the team to come together properly and it's FAR to early to resort to drastic measures.

This! ^^^^^^^

The team is neither fully fit nor injury free yet and it's too early in the season to change the manager again and for whom? I doubt that United would be able to attract the caliber of manager we think club needs nor the budget to bring in quality players. God forbid we step back int a Mixuesque scenario. RM will get it right!

TerryTheTerror
28-08-2017, 03:46 PM

I totally agree with this, it's almost a completely new team. The lack of patience in football fans these days is totally irrational.

Chick A Saw
28-08-2017, 03:59 PM
Exactly. However some people would like us to believe the Thompson era has been rotten to the core since day one as it suits their narrative.

When Eddie was here, while everything he did ultimately led to the cup final win v Ross County, it has to be said he made some monumental clangers through his tenure. But we were doing well and producing some good players.

But after that, the writing was put up onto the wall by the man who won us that cup! You then have to ask questions when, despite selling player after player, we are a Championship team with a squad, that doesnt appear to be able to perform with very few good players coming through!

What i saw towards the end with Jackie, i am seeing the same dis-interested body language from Ray, and i am asking why?

Otm_Shank
28-08-2017, 04:22 PM
I totally agree with this, it's almost a completely new team. The lack of patience in football fans these days is totally irrational.
It's a massive part of the culture now sadly. Understandable as it's just the done thing now but I'd rather try and support him through tough times than demand him punted after the first bad result of the season

Otm_Shank
28-08-2017, 04:31 PM

Wasn't trying to be smart....it was a genuine point. Also we huffed and puffed against Brechin so that's that then, no game will ever be different. It's not like you can have a bad performance followed by a good one of vice versa

RAM1971
28-08-2017, 04:33 PM
When Eddie was here, while everything he did ultimately led to the cup final win v Ross County, it has to be said he made some monumental clangers through his tenure. But we were doing well and producing some good players.

But after that, the writing was put up onto the wall by the man who won us that cup! You then have to ask questions when, despite selling player after player, we are a Championship team with a squad, that doesnt appear to be able to perform with very few good players coming through!

What i saw towards the end with Jackie, i am seeing the same dis-interested body language from Ray, and i am asking why?

There's a common denominator in all this affecting whatever manager and players that come to Tannadice. I take back in some measure some of my criticisms of the Thompson Dynasty because Eddie wore his heart on his sleeve, but let his heart rule his head. I was disgusted at the ousting of Wee Jim from Tannadice. Yes I appreciate change was very much needed and Eddie meant well, but for Wee Jim to be hounded out the way he was after all he did for United is something I will never forget. Stevie actually started okay and was very promising but he has since proved to be disaster at best. There has been deep rooted rot at Tannadice for several years now and we have to ask ourselves just who has been there throughout that period and what is their influence?

Otm_Shank
28-08-2017, 04:47 PM

Think you're looking for negatives when there are more obvious ones there. I highly highly doubt he's disinterested or half arsed about this. That's just projecting and speculating. Not everyone hops up and down like Martin O' Neil

ianharab
28-08-2017, 04:54 PM
While not asking for him to be sacked now , the point Danny makes is very true regarding performances under Ray , there are not many games where you can say we played really well in , last season we ground out results a lot especially at home our away form was brutal and so far this season performances have been poor again .

I went to game Saturday hoping the fact it was a big game would lift the performance level , it did nothing of the sort and that is a worry , Ray ready needs to start upping his game or he will lose his job , performances have to improve pronto or he will be gone by Christmas

Chick A Saw
28-08-2017, 05:38 PM
Think you're looking for negatives when there are more obvious ones there. I highly highly doubt he's disinterested or half arsed about this. That's just projecting and speculating. Not everyone hops up and down like Martin O' Neil

Me no understand?

When you go through the pages of this very site, you can make a list of negatives that im not about to repeat yet again. So sorry for seeing something that i saw 2 years ago and being worried about seeing just that again in another manager. Seeing that led me to say what turned out to be the eventual fate of Jackie and out team.

And i dont want to see a Martin O'Neill type manager at Tannadice. I just want to see a manager i can have confidence in, and be confident that he is getting the backing required to get us out this league!

Otm_Shank
28-08-2017, 05:44 PM
Me no understand?

When you go through the pages of this very site, you can make a list of negatives that im not about to repeat yet again. So sorry for seeing something that i saw 2 years ago and being worried about seeing just that again in another manager. Seeing that led me to say what turned out to be the eventual fate of Jackie and out team.

And i dont want to see a Martin O'Neill type manager at Tannadice. I just want to see a manager i can have confidence in, and be confident that he is getting the backing required to get us out this league!

Yes there are plenty of negatives, thats my point, you don't need to invent some. You're assuming he's disinterested but you don't know that.

Chick A Saw
28-08-2017, 05:59 PM
Yes there are plenty of negatives, thats my point, you don't need to invent some. You're assuming he's disinterested but you don't know that.

Not inventing it! Just saying what i see! I saw it with Jackie before he was sacked and i believe i am seeing it again.

An old shed boy
28-08-2017, 06:07 PM
You might well be right Chick but for me it's much simpler.
He just isn't very good.
Despite some suggestions on here nobody is looking for him to be sacked because of one bad result or even one bad performance against St Mirren.
As has been pointed out we were dire to watch last year and nothing has changed.
Even if it wasn't his players last year a good manager gets the best out of what he has to work with.
I'd suggest Duffy at Morton was a good example of that.
We can only hope that the guys who support Ray are proved to be right.

CarlisleArab
28-08-2017, 06:47 PM
I liked Ray as a player and like most I was wanting him to do well. However, he has been a massive disappointment. Since November 2016, we have only beaten TWO teams in the league by 2 goals or more, QotS & Raith. We have ground out victories and draws with turgid performances in a league that we should be IMO dominating. Our away form has been absolutely brutal (I break out in a cold sweat when I recall both Dumbarton games).

Although the squad appears to have improved the performances clearly haven't. We are so predictable to play against and RMcK seems reluctant to change anything. This 1 up front p1sh has to stop. I couldn't believe that on Saturday, he wouldn't make a change until 65 mins! The fact that only 971 Utd fans were there, means that fans are starting to stay away rather than suffer these performances.

I don't know what the answer is, but if he could change his tactics, I would be willing to stick with him. Mind you from what I've seen I'm not sure he can.

stokearab
28-08-2017, 07:40 PM
Fans will accept a defeat now and again if they see consistent performances and evidence that the team is playing decent football.

The recurring theme in all of this is that we have never (rarely?) played decent football under Ray. He doesn't seem to be able to knit players together and coach them to play with fluidity. And that's been the case since he came in. If it's true that he's playing McDonald on his own in a 4231 that is criminal.

I have to wonder if the performances bear out a belief from the players that they have decided that RM isn't up to it. Hope that bit is untrue btw

The depressing part is that we probably have no money to pay a manager off so we are stuck with him imo
I just hope that when the players are fully fit and match sharp we see an improvement.

Plumbers stats in the thread on Rays record are worrying. We need to see an improvement soon.

NOSCOTCAPS
28-08-2017, 08:12 PM
I don't want to sack a manager this early least of all Ray. But as others have said performances are diabolical, despite 3 wins from 4, it just isn't good to watch. What concerns me is the one dimensional formation. Surely tactics have to be mixed up, dependant on opponent. For goodness sake he played under the legend that is Jim McLean, surely some of that must have rubbed off! The only other excuses, are possibly the players aren't as good as they or we might think or his 'opponent spies' are mince!

offshore_arab83
28-08-2017, 08:30 PM
You don't need to play well to win this league.

Holy sh1t!!!!

offshore_arab83
28-08-2017, 08:32 PM
This! ^^^^^^^

The team is neither fully fit nor injury free yet and it's too early in the season to change the manager again and for whom? I doubt that United would be able to attract the caliber of manager we think club needs nor the budget to bring in quality players. God forbid we step back int a Mixuesque scenario. RM will get it right!

With all due respect US, your not having to endure this ****e on a weekley basis for the past two season. Its the worst football ive seen guys in a United **** play. Its truly f ucking awful and the finger points at one man.

offshore_arab83
28-08-2017, 08:42 PM
Said from day 1 hes not the man to take us up and the evidence proving that is mounting week by week.

I missed Saturdays game but i knew we'd get horsed. After the way we've started the season there was no doubt about it.

For the ones on here that think results matter not the way you play, well that theory got well and truly blown oot the Tay after Christmas last year! we have to play well and win, that run we went on last season was just sheer luck, we were awful throught our winning run then too.

Posters on here have claimed i have an 'agenda' against McKinnon, i dont have an agenda all im saying here is he will not get us promotoed and the longer we keep him the less chance we have

This is make or break year for Dundee United, we cannot sustain the outgoings we are currently spunking in this division, all the players on 1 years deals, another season down sees another complate rebuild its f ucking desperate stuff. We need oot this league pronto!

arab81
28-08-2017, 09:06 PM
I'm amazed people are still backing him and thinking this is all gonna suddenly get better, we're completely gutless under ray. Boy in the work said today "ach it's only 1 game" that seems to be the mentally of our support these days, sickning 😔

offshore_arab83
28-08-2017, 09:13 PM
Its not good enough, we are not good enough but the players IMO are more than capable of getting us promoted. Time for change

Chick A Saw
28-08-2017, 09:17 PM
I'm amazed people are still backing him and thinking this is all gonna suddenly get better, we're completely gutless under ray. Boy in the work said today "ach it's only 1 game" that seems to be the mentally of our support these days, sickning ��

I think there are too many supporters that are happy to turn up each week and just accept what they see in front of them! If things dont improve by the end of September, i will be looking at all those jobs i can do around the house on my free Saturdays!

Otm_Shank
28-08-2017, 11:59 PM
I'm amazed people are still backing him and thinking this is all gonna suddenly get better, we're completely gutless under ray. Boy in the work said today "ach it's only 1 game" that seems to be the mentally of our support these days, sickning 😔

Similarly I'm amazed at the "I knew from day one" bunch.

offshore_arab83
29-08-2017, 02:38 AM

Really? How come?

FTD1983
29-08-2017, 07:12 AM

McKinnon is approaching a crisis imo

Hibs we're pretty louping last season, lot of draws and narrow wins. Not always the better side either.

They won it at a canter.

We were ****e last season, this season we're by and large winning ugly without playing well.

darrenshedtastic
29-08-2017, 11:52 AM
i know were people are coming from in terms of the performances, some of them have been pretty shocking and most seasons i would be bothered about that more but for this season i dont really care aslong as we get the results. yeah good performances usually lead to good results but if we're getting the results regardless of the performance then i dont really have many problems.

willing to give Ray next 4 games to see if we can get the results we want but if we dont do well in these next four then questions will begin to be asked from myself. to big away days in falkirk and dunfermline in the next 4 so if he wants to show that we are different from last season and are capable of winning this league we need to be able to go to these places and not lose.

SmedDUm
29-08-2017, 12:19 PM
I agree with your first paragraph Darren but realistically it's going to be the next 14 games, not the next 4, that decides the management team's fate.
But I'm confident that come Xmas the tide will have truly turned & Ray & Co will be receiving heaps of praise.
Either that or the sack!
So come on Ray & Co, 14 games, show us your worth.

Wullie
29-08-2017, 04:30 PM
I agree with your first paragraph Darren but realistically it's going to be the next 14 games, not the next 4, that decides the management team's fate.
But I'm confident that come Xmas the tide will have truly turned & Ray & Co will be receiving heaps of praise.
Either that or the sack!
So come on Ray & Co, 14 games, show us your worth.

See, I totally get where you're coming from re the 18 league games thing.......

.....But.........

......it's a results business, I don't think the club will wait and see where we are halfway through the season to assess things.

September is going to be pretty huge for him, there's a lot of rumblings amongst the support, well certainly around me on matchdays. That surely is mirrored behind the scenes, where not only are results and performances on field an issue, the impact they have off field is huge as well?

I really hope he gets the team playing good stuff, we kick on and we look back in 3 months thinking "WTF was that all about?" after all no-one wants to lose games, do they?

He's assembled his squad, it's his team, his tactics, we need a good result and performance or two to return that optimsim a lot of us had pre-season.

arab81
29-08-2017, 04:53 PM
I kinda get what FTD is saying but the difference is with us and hibs last season is they had guts, they won when it mattered like 1-0 at Tannadice, 3-0 easter rd, winning away to Falkirk etc.

We've clearly still not got that steel required as Saturday showed, comes down to the management team, he's no gonna get us up.

Oh and I wouldn't put myself in the "I knew from day 1 bunch" as you put it Otm shank, I've just got an opinion and a pair of eyes ☺

scoobydufc
30-08-2017, 07:50 PM
Go Ray,Damage limitation,or we be in a worse state than Texas (Nae the group fae yesteryear wi Sharleen Spiteri)

PUTAMADRE
01-09-2017, 02:09 PM
i always look out for the score, a habit that will never be fleeting

no that really bothered aboot utd that much these days the club for the last 5 years on a nose dive decline

i never thought i would see the day when we became a bigger joke than the dee's

i just saw the st mirren game and highlights and both goals i watched the midfield are posted missing. very poor positional, play what was willo or fyvie doing in the opposition half?

back four stood off no protection from midfield's and 2 of the goals from 30yards oot, im no danny murphy but this appears a set up, tactical, moral issue.

Ray has maybe inspired one performance in his time at utd, not showing leadership or charisma, his record and performances, considering the level we are playing, is an all time low

im very dubious on his signings both windows he adds but not the type of player we need or in the areas we need, a tendency for creating lop sided teams.

i see no improvement from last year, we have signed names and bar stanton, who else would get pass marks?

Ray will be like Jackie, they will never manager higher than their time at tannadice. well done chairman.

TerryTheTerror
01-09-2017, 02:21 PM
So, in summary, you can't really be bother with United nowadays. Ah well, your loss. :(

Arab 8010
01-09-2017, 03:26 PM
I hope I never get to the stage when I say that I can't be bothered with united anymore. **** that

Chick A Saw
01-09-2017, 04:13 PM
I hope I never get to the stage when I say that I can't be bothered with united anymore. **** that

I made a prediction last season that just that sort of thing will happen. It may not happen this season, but if results and performances continue as they are or we look like we are cast adrift from the top teams, i can see me finding something else to do with my free Saturdays.

cybershed
01-09-2017, 05:16 PM
I think we have the players to win the league. But, I feel very concerned at the level of performance so far.

If we continue to struggle to assert ourselves over the next 4-5 games we should look to replace Ray. I don't think we can afford to wait until Xmas.

The writing was clearly on the wall with McNamara, and the board failed to act. They need to learn from that.

I would love it if Ray can make a success out of this season. The players are there. But, he needs to get this team motoring pronto. That's his job.

I'm not a football manager, but it's clear that we are far from a confident team able to produce fearless football.

Get your finger boot Ray.

An old shed boy
01-09-2017, 07:46 PM
IMO most managers have sussed out that they having nothing to fear from United.
Probably recognise that we have the strongest squad but don't have a manager who can get the best out of them.
Ray might have all the badges and all the theory but he doesn't seem to have that skill that makes a successful manager.
Like all the other Mackinnon detractors I really hope he can prove me wrong.
It's really a sad situation that instead of us all being 100% behind the manager we're actually discussing getting rid of him.

offshore_arab83
02-09-2017, 09:51 AM

Hows that OTM

Im interested in your views on this one

Otm_Shank
02-09-2017, 11:09 PM
Hows that OTM

Im interested in your views on this one

Because I find it pathetic that folk would act like that. Managers that have been terrible in one job have done well elsewhere and vice versa so to have that attitude of just waiting for the slightest thing to go wrong so your can jump all over and say you were right is so consistent with modern football fans. I have it personally.

SHEDBOYFOREVER
03-09-2017, 02:45 AM
I have it personally.WTF does that mean? Absolutely shocking today. Flood bye bye. Might have scored but his performance was terrible. So called manager just stands giving no encouragement to players.Time to go Ray .

Otm_Shank
03-09-2017, 04:16 AM
Because I find it pathetic that folk would act like that. Managers that have been terrible in one job have done well elsewhere and vice versa so to have that attitude of just waiting for the slightest thing to go wrong so your can jump all over and say you were right is so consistent with modern football fans. I have it personally.

Should say I hate it personally. Won't let me edit it

SmedDUm
03-09-2017, 07:33 AM
I have it personally.WTF does that mean? Absolutely shocking today. Flood bye bye. Might have scored but his performance was terrible. So called manager just stands giving no encouragement to players.Time to go Ray .

Great managers such as McLean, Stein & Ferguson were not necessarily demonstrative.
Not all managers react like Klopp going mental when they score.
Or constantly waving their arms, pointing, shouting & running about the technical area.
It's up to the individual's personality.

Just on that point, who was our last demonstrative manager?

SHEDBOYFOREVER
03-09-2017, 09:30 AM
So Mclean and Ferguson sat with their hands on there arses.Never seen that.

JamesMcClean
03-09-2017, 10:19 AM
Great managers such as McLean were not necessarily demonstrative.

Seriously?

http://i66.tinypic.com/20l02t3.jpg

http://i66.tinypic.com/kdjyvl.jpg

RAM1971
03-09-2017, 12:11 PM
Great managers such as McLean, Stein & Ferguson were not necessarily demonstrative.
Or constantly waving their arms, pointing, shouting & running about the technical area.

There is a certain journalist who would have no hesitation in pointing out Wee Jim's demonstrative antics!

RAM1971
03-09-2017, 12:12 PM
Seriously?

http://i66.tinypic.com/20l02t3.jpg

http://i66.tinypic.com/kdjyvl.jpg

And these were just at losing the toss-up!

Arabs4ever
03-09-2017, 01:53 PM
Jim McLean knew that to keep the fans happy they want to see a team attacking the opposition from the start. McKinnon and Mixu are more interested in tippy tappy pish that leads to phuck all. For as good as they were as players they are tactically inept as managers.

As for McKinnon going, it is not should, only a matter of time. Believes his own hype. Doesn't take into the consideration the absolute garbish that he is serving up for the fans.

RAM1971
03-09-2017, 04:03 PM
Jim McLean knew that to keep the fans happy they want to see a team attacking the opposition from the start. McKinnon and Mixu are more interested in tippy tappy pish that leads to phuck all. For as good as they were as players they are tactically inept as managers.

As for McKinnon going, it is not should, only a matter of time. Believes his own hype. Doesn't take into the consideration the absolute garbish that he is serving up for the fans.

An accurate presentation akin to the much welcomed, insightful presentations by Middle Eastern Sanitary Technician.

shedboy71
04-09-2017, 09:15 PM
I personally think slow football passing from side to side playing past it players and many in wrong positions is very exciting to watch.

And that largs training they give these coaches on 4231 is breathtaking.

well it is usually for the opposition anyway..

Jedi u-Knighted
04-09-2017, 09:34 PM
Things were so much simpler when I was growing up playing football. I just turned up and knew I was either gonna be playing left or right wing or through the middle. The rest of my team mates (mckinnon included btw) knew where they playing and we just played. Can never remember learning any sh!te about formations at training and the teams I played for won the odd league and cup now and again. We just went out and tried to score as many goals as possible and it was usually good fun..

Ah the good old days..., 😊

SmedDUm
04-09-2017, 09:46 PM
Things were so much simpler when I was growing up playing football. I just turned up and knew I was either gonna be playing left or right wing or through the middle. The rest of my team mates (mckinnon included btw) knew where they playing and we just played. Can never remember learning any sh!te about formations at training and the teams I played for won the odd league and cup now and again. We just went out and tried to score as many goals as possible and it was usually good fun..

Ah the good old days..., ��

Are you Boney Jedi?
(Not that I expect an honest answer, your anonymity is important).

:)

Jedi u-Knighted
04-09-2017, 09:52 PM
Are you Boney Jedi?
(Not that I expect an honest answer, your anonymity is important).

:)

Not as thin as I used to be Smeds but I was never Boney.! 😂

I mostly played in teams against our illustrious leader growing up so probably not who ure thinking of..

shedboy71
04-09-2017, 09:54 PM

Ah the good old days..., 😊

aye those were the days. Straight from kick off id get out of the way of any fancy play or dangerous tackles and poach anything i could. I was a right greedy lazy fecker but scored a bucket load :D i was the 1 in 4231 obviously - 4 defenders 2 midfield 3 strikers and the lazy fecker standing on the six yard line

Jedi u-Knighted
04-09-2017, 10:02 PM
aye those were the days. Straight from kick off id get out of the way of any fancy play or dangerous tackles and poach anything i could. I was a right greedy lazy fecker but scored a bucket load :D i was the 1 in 4231 obviously - 4 defenders 2 midfield 3 strikers and the lazy fecker standing on the six yard line

You never know SB, I may have laid a few on a plate for you with my dazzling pace 😂. Can't remember too many idle buggers in any team I played for tho. 😉

SmedDUm
04-09-2017, 10:03 PM

Are YOU Boney shedboy 71?

;D

offshore_arab83
06-09-2017, 08:08 AM

Act like what? have an opinion that an appointment is not the right appointment based on his previous, lack of experience?

offshore_arab83
06-09-2017, 08:09 AM

JYM, Stein and Ferguson mentioned in a Ray McKinnon thread, deary me...

Otm_Shank
06-09-2017, 11:40 AM
Act like what? have an opinion that an appointment is not the right appointment based on his previous, lack of experience?

Nope, as I've said I've no issue with people feeling it might not work but this "I knew" stuff is beyond smug. You didn't know anything, like I said managers who have been awful at one club do well at another and vice versa. Waiting for him to fail rather than backing him until he does is pathetic

offshore_arab83
06-09-2017, 11:45 AM
Nope, as I've said I've no issue with people feeling it might not work but this "I knew" stuff is beyond smug. You didn't know anything, like I said managers who have been awful at one club do well at another and vice versa. Waiting for him to fail rather than backing him until he does is pathetic

I disagree, plenty, including myself were not overly excited with the appointment and predicted it wouldnt work. Its looking more and more that the predictions are sadly coming true, no one wanted him to fail as no one wants another season in this sh1te league and being honest i dont think we can survive another season down here with zero TV revenue and the likes of Dumbarton etc coming to Tannadice paying at the gate, no way can we afford to stay down another year in what is arguably the weakest championship for f ucking years! I dont think anyone hasnt backed him, ST has backed him with money and we the support have backed him with significant season ticket sales, two years in a row!

Otm_Shank
06-09-2017, 12:17 PM
I disagree, plenty, including myself were not overly excited with the appointment and predicted it wouldnt work. Its looking more and more that the predictions are sadly coming true, no one wanted him to fail as no one wants another season in this sh1te league and being honest i dont think we can survive another season down here with zero TV revenue and the likes of Dumbarton etc coming to Tannadice paying at the gate, no way can we afford to stay down another year in what is arguably the weakest championship for f ucking years! I dont think anyone hasnt backed him, ST has backed him with money and we the support have backed him with significant season ticket sales, two years in a row!
I agree with nearly all of that apart from some fans clearly haven't backed him from the start hence my stance on it.

offshore_arab83
06-09-2017, 12:29 PM
some fans criticise him and i dont blame them, how can you when we ahev had 2 decent performances since he came here? Partick first half and QOS away? Fans have every right as its not good enough. PATY will take a blow as long as he's in charge as the product on display is quite frankly shocking. What gets me is looking at the players we have majority are SPL standard or have plenty SPL experience yet we still cant string a few passes together and seem to get bullied.

darrenshedtastic
06-09-2017, 02:43 PM
im just hoping he learns from mistakes from last season.

if we can hold up our home form from last season and improve our away form then we can easily win the league it might not be pretty but promotion is the target and i personally couldnt care how we get there aslong as we get there. its a big month coming up for Ray he really does need to get a good/comfortable win under his belt or fans will never be satisfied (rightly so). and he also needs to prove that this year is different by being able to go to falkirk and not lose in the league.

come out the next four with more than 7pts then we are in a decent position, any less then maybe curtains imo

An old shed boy
06-09-2017, 02:46 PM
I find it bizarre that those who criticise Mackinnon are somehow seen to hope he fails.
We're all United fans and would be delighted to see him lead us to the title.
From last season and this season it just seems unlikely.

SmedDUm
06-09-2017, 02:51 PM
For a place that's suffered one defeat in 32 games Tannadice ain't exactly buzzing, is it?

Please check my stat, I think I saw 32 somewhere.

TerryTheTerror
06-09-2017, 03:01 PM
Results don't matter, it's all about the performance. :?

Sutherland Arab
06-09-2017, 03:29 PM
Personally while I'd prefer results over performances there is no doubt we should be dictating games against most if not all the other sides in this league. The excuses are wearing thin, he set us to fail against St Mirren playing it down and saying we're not fully sharp. We have a side that is capable of winning this league at a canter and it's about time they showed this.
Over the past few years our side has not been able to handle any adversity, that has to change and McKinnon could show some passion instead of appearing all pally with his players. The future of our club is at stake after all.
Starting with Dumbarton on Saturday, I want to see us play at a fast tempo and dominate the game, we are due one over them but I won't be holding my breath.
If after the two away games against Falkirk and Dunfermline we have been bullied and outfought McKinnon should go.

SmedDUm
06-09-2017, 03:45 PM

Hold on Terry...If we were playing well every week & somehow losing I don't think there would be much sympathy.
That's putting it mildly.
My favourite truism in football is 'You are only as good as your last game'.

RAM1971
06-09-2017, 03:46 PM
In the past Dundee United were noted for playing open, attacking, exciting football. It helped to turn the tables on the Fun having a bigger support. Wee Jim worked absolute wonders. United gained supporters from Angus, Fife and beyond, which they would never have had without the attractive style of football they played. We all want results, the right results, but if they are not accompanied by attractive football, we will suffer in the long run. Newbie supporters are not going to follow a team that is playing crap football, no matter how many games they grind out wins.

deebuster
06-09-2017, 03:52 PM
Personally while I'd prefer results over performances there is no doubt we should be dictating games against most if not all the other sides in this league. The excuses are wearing thin, he set us to fail against St Mirren playing it down and saying we're not fully sharp. We have a side that is capable of winning this league at a canter and it's about time they showed this.
Over the past few years our side has not been able to handle any adversity, that has to change and McKinnon could show some passion instead of appearing all pally with his players. The future of our club is at stake after all.
Starting with Dumbarton on Saturday, I want to see us play at a fast tempo and dominate the game, we are due one over them but I won't be holding my breath.
If after the two away games against Falkirk and Dunfermline we have been bullied and outfought McKinnon should go.

This pretty much sums up how Im feeling.....I hoped that Ray would come in and shake the place up as it badly needs it, but it seems that whilts he talks a good game and has attracted some good players in he seems daunted by the task.

100% hope he gets them to kick it up a couple of notches - surely to god he wants a higher tempo. A couple of closed door games required where he can get this sorted away from public glare and where he can drill them(would be how I would address it).

Otherwise I fear the jobs too big for Ray.

offshore_arab83
06-09-2017, 06:07 PM
I find it bizarre that those who criticise Mackinnon are somehow seen to hope he fails.
We're all United fans and would be delighted to see him lead us to the title.
From last season and this season it just seems unlikely.

Agreed, i cant get my head around this either tbh

offshore_arab83
06-09-2017, 06:08 PM
For a place that's suffered one defeat in 32 games Tannadice ain't exactly buzzing, is it?

Please check my stat, I think I saw 32 somewhere.

nae wonder the product on display has been absolutely dreadful, yes we've came away with wins but deary me, how bad have we been. No wonder the place isnt 'buzzing'

offshore_arab83
06-09-2017, 06:11 PM

They go hand in hand, that run we were on last season was just luck, sheer luck IMO as we were coming away from wins saying, how the f uck did we manage that, f ucking awful performances. Then we stopped winning still playing extremely poorly and what happened, Hibs ran away with it and we struggled to get 3rd place. Start playing well and we will go on and win this league, but if we continue like this as we did last season, we wont win this league!

offshore_arab83
06-09-2017, 06:13 PM
Newbie supporters are not going to follow a team that is playing crap football, no matter how many games they grind out wins.

As i said in a previous post Ram, PATG will suffer with this, 100%

RAM1971
06-09-2017, 06:28 PM
As i said in a previous post Ram, PATG will suffer with this, 100%

I can remember during our annual, most often 'extended' run in Europe as part of the 'New Firm' (remember them?). Back then Rangers and Celtic were regularly ousted from European competitions early on and well before Xmas, whilst the New Firm continued to fly the flag for Scotland into the new year. I vividly remember standing in the turnstile queue with 'decent' (honestly they do exist) Rangers and Celtic fans, who had travelled through from Glasgow (sometimes sharing the same car) to see a 'proper' European night of great football, which their own Clubs had disappointed them with. It was the prospect of seeing open, attacking, exciting football which turned them into Shed men for the evening. I stood beside two of them when United 'slew' Borussia Munchengladbach 5-0 after their manager,. Jupp Heynkes had stated they would make the next round with ease (they came here 2-0 up). These 'decent' Weedgies could not have been more delighted nor supportive even if it had been their own team.

Our current style of football is turning Tannadice into funeral wake on match days.

offshore_arab83
06-09-2017, 07:38 PM
Our current style of football is turning Tannadice into funeral wake on match days. it is indeed

Whitfieldarab
06-09-2017, 07:53 PM
In the past Dundee United were noted for playing open, attacking, exciting football. It helped to turn the tables on the Fun having a bigger support. Wee Jim worked absolute wonders. United gained supporters from Angus, Fife and beyond, which they would never have had without the attractive style of football they played. We all want results, the right results, but if they are not accompanied by attractive football, we will suffer in the long run. Newbie supporters are not going to follow a team that is playing crap football, no matter how many games they grind out wins.

Leicester City won the EPL a few seasons back playing awful to watch football. Apart from a few games they were always in the negative in terms of possession, shots on goal etc. Do you think their fans cared?

We'd all love to see pretty football but it rarely wins you trophies look at Spurs (my team by the way). Chelsea too won the EPL last season playing a tedious counter attacking style of football... again.... do you think their fans care?

Even though it ain't good on the eye I feel we are still beating our opponents at home because we are better than them, it's our away form that's worrying and could be Ray's downfall rather than his style of play. Still early days yet though, we have the players to entertain and it might just click given time but I'd rather win the league ugly than finish in the play offs Spursesque.

RAM1971
06-09-2017, 08:49 PM
Leicester City won the EPL a few seasons back playing awful to watch football. Apart from a few games they were always in the negative in terms of possession, shots on goal etc. Do you think their fans cared?

We'd all love to see pretty football but it rarely wins you trophies look at Spurs (my team by the way). Chelsea too won the EPL last season playing a tedious counter attacking style of football... again.... do you think their fans care?

Even though it ain't good on the eye I feel we are still beating our opponents at home because we are better than them, it's our away form that's worrying and could be Ray's downfall rather than his style of play. Still early days yet though, we have the players to entertain and it might just click given time but I'd rather win the league ugly than finish in the play offs Spursesque.

Let me put it this way. I like my football to be entertaining. As a young ****ager I was attracted to Dundee United because of this in the days of Donald McKay, Doug Smith, Andy Rolland et al. Things got a lot better under Jim McLean. If I am not being entertained by good, attractive football, I will simply find other pursuits that I find enjoyable. Football isn't my life. It is a past time that I enjoy, as long as it's enjoyable to watch. It is testimony to my love for Dundee United Football Club that I have continued with them these past three years or so, in spite of what I have just said. I can accept winning whilst playing crap, occasionally, or even during a major game, but generally speaking this standard is not for me. The general standard for me has to be open, attractive, entertaining football.

Whitfieldarab
06-09-2017, 09:08 PM
Let me put it this way. I like my football to be entertaining. As a young ****ager I was attracted to Dundee United because of this in the days of Donald McKay, Doug Smith, Andy Rolland et al. Things got a lot better under Jim McLean. If I am not being entertained by good, attractive football, I will simply find other pursuits that I find enjoyable. Football isn't my life. It is a past time that I enjoy, as long as it's enjoyable to watch. It is testimony to my love for Dundee United Football Club that I have continued with them these past three years or so, in spite of what I have just said. I can accept winning whilst playing crap, occasionally, or even during a major game, but generally speaking this standard is not for me. The general standard for me has to be open, attractive, entertaining football.

Who doesn't want this? In an ideal world we'd all like to win the league playing open, attractive football but winning is king just now.

The last 3 years or so have been hell no doubt about that but I'm willing to put up with scrappy wins if it means us getting out this fkn league, especially scrappy wins away from home that might put a smile on meh pus on the bus hame.

Chick A Saw
06-09-2017, 09:32 PM

Play rubbish and we need a last minute goal to beat Brechin. Play rubbish and we get done 3 nil by St Mirren. Play rubbish and only win V Alloa after 3 changes!

Play well in all these games and the morgue awakens, we are still top of the league and the fans who bothered to go are treated to a bonus win!

TerryTheTerror
07-09-2017, 05:54 AM
We'd only be top of the league of results were right. :)

RAM1971
07-09-2017, 07:44 AM
Who doesn't want this? In an ideal world we'd all like to win the league playing open, attractive football but winning is king just now.

The last 3 years or so have been hell no doubt about that but I'm willing to put up with scrappy wins if it means us getting out this fkn league, especially scrappy wins away from home that might put a smile on meh pus on the bus hame.

And then if we do get out of this crappy league we end up playing crappy football in the Premier League because (so far) we have known nothing else. The best example was Hearts during their promotion season. They 'walked' the Championship playing good football and also stormed their first season back up doing the same. Admittedly they have gone back the way to some degree but are retaining their Top 6 status.

If we keep playing crappy football that is where we will always be. We have to get out of that habit. Those who defend our 'scrappy' football as a means to win promotion need to waken up to the last 6 letters in that style. Crap is what you spray on the Tannadice pitch, not what you play on it.

If we want back up to the Premier League, we want to stay there. NOW is the time to prepare for that. We have the players (mostly), but we lack the style. If perchance our crap floats to the surface and we do go up, we are destined to sink right back down again. Our main challengers are playing far better football than us and scoring more goals. At the moment they deserve a crack at the Premiership more than us. If this is a crappy league and we are playing crappy football, then that is where we belong.

Jonboy83
07-09-2017, 08:48 AM
If somehow we scraped back into the big league playing like we are now, then it's straight back down again for us.
Anyone who thinks we would stay up when we're scraping past the likes of Brechin at home is clearly deluded. We would get absolutely murdered playing the way we are now.
McKinnon has to go but I fear he will get too long to turn it around and by then it'll be too late.

RAM1971
07-09-2017, 09:12 AM
If somehow we scraped back into the big league playing like we are now, then it's straight back down again for us.
Anyone who thinks we would stay up when we're scraping past the likes of Brechin at home is clearly deluded. We would get absolutely murdered playing the way we are now.
McKinnon has to go but I fear he will get too long to turn it around and by then it'll be too late.

I think you've come on to the wrong board? Sign out and look for the 'Common Sense' board.

SmedDUm
07-09-2017, 09:35 AM

I hope Pinocchio gets the bullet first.

An old shed boy
07-09-2017, 10:47 AM

If we were to win this league playing as we have been then I'd agree that not too many of our fans would care.
The problem is that as we continue to struggle in virtually every game then more and more fans are beginning to doubt that it has any chance of happening.
And has also been said we'd be right back down again.

SmedDUm
07-09-2017, 11:22 AM
I don't think we'd be minding if we were playing the way we are in the Prem, i.e grinding out results with little conviction.
But we're playing in the 2nd tier & we should be lording it over these teams, turning it on, showing them who's boss.
Having said that I mean no disrespect to the Championship teams. They come to Tannadice raising their game & fighting like tigers. The Falkirks, QotS's & Mortons are no easy-beats and would challenge the majority of the big league, only Celtic & Aberdeen would see off these teams easily enough.

offshore_arab83
07-09-2017, 12:49 PM

disagree Leicester were awful to watch, Vardy was scoring for fun, they were creating and taking chances, we're doing neither

offshore_arab83
07-09-2017, 12:53 PM
we are still top of the league :?

offshore_arab83
07-09-2017, 04:13 PM
The Falkirks, QotS's & Mortons are no easy-beats and would challenge the majority of the big league, only Celtic & Aberdeen would see off these teams easily enough.

Sorry but i disagree with this smeds, dont see anyone in the top league struggling against anyone in our league tbh

Whitfieldarab
07-09-2017, 04:29 PM
So if we scrape winning the league we'll go back down :?

Can I borrow you guy's Delorion so I can also look into the future...... I might get a fkn coupon up. Lol.

Hope we don't win 1-0 on Saturday. There will be uproar on here.

huntedbyafreak
07-09-2017, 04:32 PM
I agree with nearly all of that apart from some fans clearly haven't backed him from the start hence my stance on it.

Who hasn't backed McKinnon or the Club? Fans have backed both IMO. We sold 5000 season tickets last season and sales have held up remarkably this season considering the dross that was served up from Christmas last year.

Some folk may have questioned McKinnon's appointment at the time but the majority that I've seen do that are guys who attend games regularly. I've not really heard folk getting on his back either at games. People moan at Tannadice but people moan at every game regardless of who they support. We're no different from any other support. Most of the comments about Ray's inability to get us up have been made on forums or social media.

FWIW I'm not in the McKinnon Out Brigade yet but if we continue to be served up the turgid ****e that I've seen so far this season I'll be joining it tbh.

We are far too one paced and pedestrian. We have been that way for months. Comments like McKinnons comments regarding fitness last week didn't help his case either.

I have severe doubts that he knows what he's doing

SmedDUm
07-09-2017, 05:00 PM
So if we scrape winning the league we'll go back down :?

Can I borrow you guy's Delorion so I can also look into the future...... I might get a fkn coupon up. Lol.

Hope we don't win 1-0 on Saturday. There will be uproar on here.

Your average football spectator these days is a moaning cvnt.
He is neither a fan nor a supporter.
A moaning, unforgiving cvnt.

deebuster
07-09-2017, 06:46 PM

Id say with absolute justification.

Poor product, overpriced and professional in name only.

Administered by corrupt yes men.

huntedbyafreak
07-09-2017, 07:20 PM

Correct

Chick A Saw
07-09-2017, 07:42 PM
:?

My point was not where we are now, but where we might have been had the team actually performed!

I have my doubts for this weekend, but we are looking for a few favours already so we dont get cast adrift from those above!

Cmon guys, prove me wrong!

PortugueseFrank
07-09-2017, 11:46 PM

Agree.

Any paying customer is entitled to complain if they perceive their money is not bringing value.

When you get down the route of describing the average supporter as you have Smeds, you are ignoring the mismanagement of those who make the decisions.

That is a dangerous rabbit hole to go down. And the reason it is, is because when the supporters are seen as no more than moans that spend their cash then they are devalued to a level that accepts mediocrity because the powers that be think “the fans just don’t get what we are trying to do”. Regardless of the failure and decline a club like ours has seen.

Think that and the game is a bogey.

There is as little point in your position on fellow fans as there is in supporting a club in general.

We may as well become window shoppers.

offshore_arab83
08-09-2017, 08:34 AM
My point was not where we are now, but where we might have been had the team actually performed!

I have my doubts for this weekend, but we are looking for a few favours already so we dont get cast adrift from those above!

Cmon guys, prove me wrong!

gotcha mate, and aye, i agree!

RAM1971
08-09-2017, 08:41 AM
No matter how much I love going to the cinema I do not go to watch crappy films!

GingerPetric
08-09-2017, 08:46 AM

That's modern society for you smeds.

There are many more activities for people to choose from so if a football club wants to attract and keep fans they have to offer an "awesome" day out.

A lot of fans can forgive the dross served up because the game is sandwiched between a few pints with friends before the game and maybe the same after.

If you go straight to an average match then head home afterwards there have been the majority of occasions under Ray where you'd be thinking "that was a waste of time and money"

I would rather see 6 wins, 2 draws and 2 defeats over a 10 game cycle IF I came away having seen dynamic, exciting football with decent quality thrown in.

Rather than 10 insipid performances resulting in a slightly better points haul (which is what we got at Tannadice for the whole of last season)

As posters have mentioned Ray has maybe had TWO standout games in his time at United. I really want him to succeed but he has done very little to change tactics/strategy that I have seen.

TangerineDream
08-09-2017, 09:12 AM

I'm afraid I have to agree with this.

Things have not been great for United past few years ( understatement ) but FFS it's relentless, especially on here. The internet has contributed massively to this by providing a public outlet for Mr angry puss.

Before I get feking jumped on , I agree also things are not going well at the moment in respect of our team, performances and Rays tactics. I do however feel Ray can and will improve things. So give him a bit more time, get behind the team and let's hopefully kick on. I will always support and follow United no matter what league we are in or how we are playing. They are my club and always will be. I seriously hope and believe things will get better.

Otm_Shank
08-09-2017, 09:42 AM
some fans criticise him and i dont blame them, how can you when we ahev had 2 decent performances since he came here? Partick first half and QOS away? Fans have every right as its not good enough. PATY will take a blow as long as he's in charge as the product on display is quite frankly shocking. What gets me is looking at the players we have majority are SPL standard or have plenty SPL experience yet we still cant string a few passes together and seem to get bullied.

Youre missing my point this is about from the start I.e before a ball is kicked

Otm_Shank
08-09-2017, 09:59 AM
Who hasn't backed McKinnon or the Club? Fans have backed both IMO. We sold 5000 season tickets last season and sales have held up remarkably this season considering the dross that was served up from Christmas last year.

Some folk may have questioned McKinnon's appointment at the time but the majority that I've seen do that are guys who attend games regularly. I've not really heard folk getting on his back either at games. People moan at Tannadice but people moan at every game regardless of who they support. We're no different from any other support. Most of the comments about Ray's inability to get us up have been made on forums or social media.

FWIW I'm not in the McKinnon Out Brigade yet but if we continue to be served up the turgid ****e that I've seen so far this season I'll be joining it tbh.

We are far too one paced and pedestrian. We have been that way for months. Comments like McKinnons comments regarding fitness last week didn't help his case either.

I have severe doubts that he knows what he's doing

This started with me talking about the "I always knew" group. So clearly them

offshore_arab83
08-09-2017, 10:09 AM
Youre missing my point this is about from the start I.e before a ball is kicked

And my argument is that people like me werent over enamoured with his appointment due to his lack of experience so are quite within their rights to say they had doubts/concerns from the start of his tenure. This does not mean we have not backed him, this does not mean we do not want him to do well.

offshore_arab83
08-09-2017, 10:10 AM

Nonsense, hes been backed and now we have seen zero change in the team in regards to performances people are who 'always knew' are being proven right.

Otm_Shank
08-09-2017, 10:42 AM
And my argument is that people like me werent over enamoured with his appointment due to his lack of experience so are quite within their rights to say they had doubts/concerns from the start of his tenure. This does not mean we have not backed him, this does not mean we do not want him to do well.

And I'm not saying you were one of those people but to claim they didn't exist is just wrong.

Otm_Shank
08-09-2017, 10:49 AM

They're not because they never knew anything. Like i say it can go either way and usually at our level a manager is going to fail at some point anyway so saying before a ball is kicked that they will fail is hardly clairvoyance. Reservations are one thing but these people have never given him a single bit of credit and jump on every single piece of negativity. I'm sorry but i don't think it's crazy to suggest that subconsciously being right on a message board is important to these people. Such is society these days

deebuster
08-09-2017, 11:49 AM
They're not because they never knew anything. Like i say it can go either way and usually at our level a manager is going to fail at some point anyway so saying before a ball is kicked that they will fail is hardly clairvoyance. Reservations are one thing but these people have never given him a single bit of credit and jump on every single piece of negativity. I'm sorry but i don't think it's crazy to suggest that subconsciously being right on a message board is important to these people. Such is society these days

If you would care to list(top 10 will do) things that he should be given credit for, this would go someway to addressing peoples concerns.

If you are struggling, Im sure others will be happy to help.

Otm_Shank
08-09-2017, 12:02 PM
If you would care to list(top 10 will do) things that he should be given credit for, this would go someway to addressing peoples concerns.

....and there it is. I'm talking about any game he's won since being in charge has been met by some with "aye well he should have won it" rather than just being happy and giving a little credit. Ridiculous stuff like your question there prove my point perfectly

deebuster
08-09-2017, 01:22 PM
....and there it is. I'm talking about any game he's won since being in charge has been met by some with "aye well he should have won it" rather than just being happy and giving a little credit. Ridiculous stuff like your question there prove my point perfectly

So he should be given credit for winning games we should win and we should just be happy at how that is accomplished regardless?

Fan morale is at rock bottom. This is not confined to those who inhabit United Mad.

Just listen to the conversations around you if you go to the games, and in the local hostelries.

Ray has time to turn this around, but there has to be evidence that this is happening which is sadly not yet apparent.

With our clout and squad we should not be nervous playing the Brechins and Dumbartons of this world at home and should be looking forward to playing on the road against the St Mirrens and Dunfermlines.

Many fans are currently turning up out of duty to United, but there should be more reasons than that....surely we have a right to be entertained.

I will be the first to apologise if we go on a winning run and start playing an attacking brand of football.

That is what we should expect if we are to escape this pit of despair.

Otm_Shank
08-09-2017, 01:38 PM
So he should be given credit for winning games we should win and we should just be happy at how that is accomplished regardless?

Fan morale is at rock bottom. This is not confined to those who inhabit United Mad.

Just listen to the conversations around you if you go to the games, and in the local hostelries.

Ray has time to turn this around, but there has to be evidence that this is happening which is sadly not yet apparent.

With our clout and squad we should not be nervous playing the Brechins and Dumbartons of this world at home and should be looking forward to playing on the road against the St Mirrens and Dunfermlines.

Many fans are currently turning up out of duty to United, but there should be more reasons than that....surely we have a right to be entertained.

I will be the first to apologise if we go on a winning run and start playing an attacking brand of football.

This is getting so far away from my original argument about some fans piling on from the start. It's just the same arguments over and over about the current style of football which I'm not happy about either but I also don't think it requires punting the manager yet.

one team in city
08-09-2017, 02:40 PM
should have went after that st midden debacle the man is clueless

huntedbyafreak
08-09-2017, 03:04 PM

Ray has had an easy ride IMO we've been piss poor for months and the performances have been awful.

I'll give him credit when the team starts playing better

huntedbyafreak
08-09-2017, 03:11 PM

Don't think I've seen anyone say "I always knew"

Are folk not allowed to say they had doubts over a managerial appointment?

For the record though I always knew that McNamara was a ****

An old shed boy
08-09-2017, 03:22 PM

That is a very good post .

offshore_arab83
08-09-2017, 03:24 PM
And I'm not saying you were one of those people but to claim they didn't exist is just wrong.

so you think people wanted him to fail?

offshore_arab83
08-09-2017, 03:28 PM

they predicted he wouldnt work, same as saying the knew it wouldnt work, i said at the time it was the wrong appointment and hes not the man to get us promotion, my opinion was based on previous experience, ball kicked or not that was peoples feelings, sadly these feelings are becoming a reality. I dont think he deserves any credit to be honest, why should he, last season second biggest budget and failed to get second and promotion, this seasons biggest budget by miles yet we are still served this negative style of horrendous football, he's signed braw players but they cant play under him. Its not a case of being right, its just guys like myself saying we knew this wouldnt work. We prayed it work but it hasnt/isnt

offshore_arab83
08-09-2017, 03:30 PM

Great post C

offshore_arab83
08-09-2017, 03:30 PM

Im one L, hands up to that!

Otm_Shank
08-09-2017, 04:56 PM

That's the exact phrase that started this. Good job glossing what I specifically said I wasn't having a go at. You're very quick to dig at me but it's fine. Just read what I've been saying before doing it

Otm_Shank
08-09-2017, 04:58 PM
Great post C

I agree out of context it's a perfectly logical post but as a reply to what I'm saying it's really not because I agree with most of that!

offshore_arab83
08-09-2017, 05:56 PM
I agree out of context it's a perfectly logical post but as a reply to what I'm saying it's really not because I agree with most of that!

Your confusing the f ucking life out of everyone now lol

Otm_Shank
08-09-2017, 06:05 PM
I'm confusing myself ha. My original point isn't about people criticising him now, I get why people are although I think it's going a little over the top. My point that started all this is I feel some people were waiting for him to fail rather than getting behind him. Not saying they're hoping for it although subconsciously I think there's a bit of that

offshore_arab83
08-09-2017, 06:11 PM
Each to their own mate but any arab wanting failure this year needs a good f ucking hiding! We need out of this league no matter what cost

Otm_Shank
08-09-2017, 06:13 PM
Each to their own mate but any arab wanting failure this year needs a good f ucking hiding! We need out of this league no matter what cost

Agreed and then some

An old shed boy
08-09-2017, 06:15 PM

A valid question I think.
Those of us who think our team would be better without Raymond as manager have cited our reasons.
Surely Raymond's supporters must have good reasons why they think he should say.
It's not a confrontational request.

Otm_Shank
08-09-2017, 06:18 PM
A valid question I think.
Those of us who think our team would be better without Raymond as manager have cited our reasons.
Surely Raymond's supporters must have good reasons why they think he should say.
It's not a confrontational request.

The season has just started with the first team that's fully his. Punting him now would be insane in my opinion and totally reflective of modern football sadly.

An old shed boy
08-09-2017, 06:40 PM
The season has just started with the first team that's fully his. Punting him now would be insane in my opinion and totally reflective of modern football sadly.

If it was just this season I think there would be more sympathy for your opinion.
But last year was just dire.
I know it wasn't 'his' team but he should still IMO have done much better in terms of performance.
But it's hard to argue with the fact that we weren't a million miles away from promotion.
Worry is if it doesn't improve and we leave it too late to replace him.
I'll happily come on here and admit I was wrong if he turns things round.
I've supported United since the 60's and like everyone else on here I'll support them whatever league we're in.

huntedbyafreak
09-09-2017, 03:46 AM
I'm confusing myself ha. My original point isn't about people criticising him now, I get why people are although I think it's going a little over the top. My point that started all this is I feel some people were waiting for him to fail rather than getting behind him. Not saying they're hoping for it although subconsciously I think there's a bit of that

Cool story bro

Otm_Shank
09-09-2017, 04:00 AM
Cool story bro
Cheers. Wee bitty outdated but I'm sure someone will think you're cool

deebuster
09-09-2017, 06:14 AM
If it was just this season I think there would be more sympathy for your opinion.
But last year was just dire.
I know it wasn't 'his' team but he should still IMO have done much better in terms of performance.
But it's hard to argue with the fact that we weren't a million miles away from promotion.
Worry is if it doesn't improve and we leave it too late to replace him.
I'll happily come on here and admit I was wrong if he turns things round.
I've supported United since the 60's and like everyone else on here I'll support them whatever league we're in.

Most bikes dont have a reverse gear

Hoping for style, panache and a stunning victory,

huntedbyafreak
09-09-2017, 10:34 AM
Cheers. Wee bitty outdated but I'm sure someone will think you're cool

Cheers

Means a lot.

Arab 8010
09-09-2017, 01:48 PM
That's a ****ing disgrace, 2 holding midfielders and 1 up front at home to Dumbarton. Win lose or draw get McKinnon to ****

Otm_Shank
09-09-2017, 02:03 PM
Oh settle

shedboy71
09-09-2017, 02:06 PM
Cheers

Means a lot.

XD

Otm_Shank
09-09-2017, 02:08 PM
Oh well I'm nearly on you guys side now......

shedboy71
09-09-2017, 02:47 PM
Oh well I'm nearly on you guys side now......

;D not at game myself are you? Needs major changes at halftime - hopefully ray leaving :P

ballumbie_arab
09-09-2017, 02:53 PM
Watching this sh!te today, he should go at half time, well out his depth, and it's getting worse than the Brewster days!! :-(

Otm_Shank
09-09-2017, 03:10 PM
;D not at game myself are you? Needs major changes at halftime - hopefully ray leaving :P

Couldn't get today and I'm not overly upset about that

shedboy71
09-09-2017, 04:13 PM
Couldn't get today and I'm not overly upset about that

im delighted even if it was spent visiting hospital! I rarely checked the score watched warriors (thats rugby) game (well they are in hospital and love rugby) only saw we equalised a few mins ago. Apathy will just continue. I cant speak much for this season as i only see arabzone but last season i saw nearly every damn minute of it. Poor stuff.

Otm_Shank
09-09-2017, 04:23 PM
im delighted even if it was spent visiting hospital! I rarely checked the score watched warriors (thats rugby) game (well they are in hospital and love rugby) only saw we equalised a few mins ago. Apathy will just continue. I cant speak much for this season as i only see arabzone but last season i saw nearly every damn minute of it. Poor stuff.

Aye pretty much run out of patience too.

shedboy71
09-09-2017, 04:26 PM
Aye pretty much run out of patience too.

love Ray to work but he is using a well trodden and failed Largs text book - 4231 for Dummies. It disnae work - player are what works and your system should accommodate that - we should be playing 433 high pressing high energy games every week - we would walk this league

the_arab
09-09-2017, 04:28 PM
get him to F

didnt go today, hes already driven me and a few others away this season, like he did last season.

Hoofballer
09-09-2017, 04:36 PM
Lot of regulars who normally sit around me not there today, wondered if it was my deodorant for about four minutes .....then realised it was the pitiful show on the park.

LSArab
09-09-2017, 04:48 PM
Answer to original question---

Sadly yes.

Sorry for ray but it's obvious now that things aren't improving

arab_plumber
09-09-2017, 04:58 PM
This has gone far enough a big decision needs to be made

PortugueseFrank
09-09-2017, 05:19 PM
I can’t see him getting sacked or walking yet. Sadly.

He’ll use the fitness concerns over N’Koyi as a scapegoat. “I haven’t been able to go two up top yet Chairman. Once N’Koyi is able to play 90 things will improve”.

I think it’ll be Halloween before a decision is made. Then ST will walk around with that letter in his pocket for another few weeks.

All that being said I think Ray will be away by Xmas.

Hoofballer
09-09-2017, 05:21 PM
I can’t see him getting sacked or walking yet. Sadly.

He’ll use the fitness concerns over N’Koyi as a scapegoat. “I haven’t been able to go two up top yet Chairman. Once N’Koyi is able to play 90 things will improve”.

I think it’ll be Halloween before a decision is made. Then ST will walk around with that letter in his pocket for another few weeks.

All that being said I think Ray will be away by Xmas.

It's like Halloween every week, feckin scary stuff!

TangerineDream
09-09-2017, 05:39 PM
Horrendous today, so much wrong from the start it is unreal.

I have tried to be patient like others , most of the crowd trying to patient today initially, it was phuking awful to witness that first half. Dearie me Ray you are teetering on the brink here.

jerrennixon
09-09-2017, 05:40 PM
That was it for me today.

He can phuck off with the fitness schite. Part time teams are coming to Tannadice and look match fit. If the players aren't fit, tighten the phucking leash and get them running extra drills.

I've never seen us looking to flat in my life as what I witnessed today. The players just don't look motivated in the slightest and that to me, in any line of work, is down to poor man management.

Sneaking a phucking draw against Dumbarton at home...and only from a direct free kick??? Sorry, that's not on Ray.

We are going nowhere under his command.

GO.

LSArab
09-09-2017, 06:12 PM
Spot on that decision needs to be made.

Until today I was backing Ray but these are the easy games and we can't win

Will ST want to make decision or what?

arab81
09-09-2017, 07:01 PM
Get rid now. No point in waiting till the next 3 - 4 games to "see"

That today was embarrassing! Plain and simple!.
Stands there arms folded, clueless look. No good enough ray, yiv had enough time, we're going backwards this season.

shedboy71
09-09-2017, 07:02 PM
This has gone far enough a big decision needs to be made

I cant see it mate.

An old shed boy
09-09-2017, 08:07 PM
There is absolutely no doubt now that Mackinnon has to vacate the position of manager of the club we love.

LSArab
09-09-2017, 08:34 PM
And the chairman needs to vacate.

Desperate where the club is now.

Second best against Dumbarton in a league match

scoobydufc
09-09-2017, 08:58 PM
Season ticket holder and didnt go today ,Decided to wash my hair instead,
Prediction was correct ,TIme up Ray, Do the decent thing , WALK AWAY , Jobs too big for you and your junior backroom staff