PDA

View Full Version : Defeat....

Whitfieldarab
26-08-2017, 11:44 PM
..... Then all of a sudden the fkn doonmongers reappear.

Standard.

USArab
27-08-2017, 01:26 AM
Bad day at the office

Onwards and upwards?

arab_plumber
27-08-2017, 07:00 AM
Its a continuation of last seasons pish, different players same dire performances and crushing away defeats

Glad you guys are happy with that

RAM1971
27-08-2017, 07:52 AM
Its a continuation of last seasons pish, different players same dire performances and crushing away defeats

This is the problem with being an Arab. We have a natural interest in Egyptology and before long we are in de Nile!

JUSTaway
27-08-2017, 08:02 AM
I wouldn't consider myself a doonmonger, but those previous two performances have definitely set alarm bells ringing and rightly have people asking questions. McKinnon had been fairly backed, but either he doesn't see the squads glaring deficiencies or doesn't have the contacts/scouting sytem in place to find the players to address it.

TerryTheTerror
27-08-2017, 08:07 AM

Whitfield is right. You, for instance, haven posted on here for weeks and weeks and as soon as we get beat here you are. :?

ianharab
27-08-2017, 08:21 AM
T don't know if you were there yesterday , I was for my sins , that was as bad as anything last season , that's what worries me its the same problems with different players , McKinnon has to learn pdq bonny football is not gonna win this league .

There is no physicality in the team , all teams need to do is press us high to stop the ball being played from the back and we are ****ed , worrying lack of organisation and tactics , I know it's early days but the danger signs are there for all to see

RAM1971
27-08-2017, 08:27 AM
Ray has a serious dose of Jackie v Tommy Wright blindness. No matter how many times his system doesn't work, he thinks the next time it will work. Jackie promised us that sometime soon some team was going to get a right 'doing' from us. We are still waiting.

southwestarab
27-08-2017, 08:49 AM
T don't know if you were there yesterday , I was for my sins , that was as bad as anything last season , that's what worries me its the same problems with different players , McKinnon has to learn pdq bonny football is not gonna win this league .

There is no physicality in the team , all teams need to do is press us high to stop the ball being played from the back and we are ****ed , worrying lack of organisation and tactics , I know it's early days but the danger signs are there for all to see

Took Saints 15-20 mins watching us pass the ball along the back four maybe an odd pass into midfield and back again.Realised if they pressed high that would be us in trouble.Right enough that's how Morgan got his first goal.
I thought we did ok in first 15 mins McMullan was running at them we were getting up the wings mostly the left side ad created a couple of chances.But as soon as McMullan was booked he fell out of the game Saints pressed high and that was us finished.

arab_plumber
27-08-2017, 09:01 AM
Whitfield is right. You, for instance, haven posted on here for weeks and weeks and as soon as we get beat here you are. :?

So what?

Don't deflect as usual the big big issue is we are in a new season with new players yet the football we play is garbage and we are still getting thumped at our rivals,losing in that manner is just unacceptable and questions need asked.

ianharab
27-08-2017, 09:07 AM
Once McMullen got booked I forgot he was on , yup to be easy for teams to figure out how to stop us playing

deebuster
27-08-2017, 09:20 AM
The is a great gulf between a 3-2 good game, narrow defeat and the spiritless, clueless fayre we saw yesterday.

It was a humiliation.

A repeat away against the Pars who are flying should be the final straw (obviously hoping that a magic switch is flicked and hey presto we're up and runnin by then).

I cant for the life of me see anything but more of the same.

Hoping Im wrong

TerryTheTerror
27-08-2017, 06:05 PM
So what?

Simple really, it's what this thread was started about. :?

ianharab
27-08-2017, 07:39 PM
USArab , that's the problem , it wasn't just a bad day at the office , performances have been pretty poor so far and a result like yesterday was on the cards , I went through hoping that knowing it was a big game would lift the players , it did nothing of the sort and that's a worry , there is a real lack of organisation , desire and fight in the side , results and performances like yesterday will only put more pressure on the manager , this is now his team there are no more excuses

Jedi u-Knighted
27-08-2017, 09:08 PM
Other teams in the league are managing to score and win by a comfortable margin whereas we are struggling to score 1. People are in agreement that the players we have this season are what we wanted so something is wrong.

Negative, tippy tappy p!sh doesn't help. Attack attack attack please and let the other teams worry about us..., before its too late.!

spikeontheright
27-08-2017, 09:24 PM
..... Then all of a sudden the fkn doonmongers reappear.

Standard.

This has nothing to do with one defeat, we've been rotten all season. Beating Dundee on penalties papered over a lot of the cracks.

Punting the ball up to McDonald won't see us promoted and that should be a concern for all of us.

Otm_Shank
27-08-2017, 09:29 PM
Im usually positive but that was a shocker so I understand the anger, still not calling for the manager's head yet. It is true nature folk have come out the woodwork to pile it on.....standard practice

An old shed boy
27-08-2017, 09:43 PM
Who do you mean by coming out the woodwork?
Seems to me most of the posters are on here often enough.
Even if they weren't so what?
Some people post a lot and some don't.

Otm_Shank
27-08-2017, 09:54 PM
Who do you mean by coming out the woodwork?
Seems to me most of the posters are on here often enough.
Even if they weren't so what?
Some people post a lot and some don't.

Lovely poem.

Oddsox
27-08-2017, 09:55 PM
High pressing?
That's a massive gable , which worked very well yesterday.
Our players looked shocked- very worrying. We do it from time to time.
What was really worrying was the players acceptance of defeat to a hungrier team.
Craig leven once said he won't accept players who just accept defeat.
There are lions in the squad, letting them roar was hard with Clancy in charge. Don't know the answer myself but I hope it's arriving this week,

ahlltanyirhide
28-08-2017, 12:01 PM
When the team are getting hosed on and can't work out a solution with how to address the hosing, and the manager stands with his arms folded and his mouth shut, then we defo have a serious problem. It's just not good enough

Mecca_Sheikh
28-08-2017, 02:23 PM
When the team are getting hosed on and can't work out a solution with how to address the hosing, and the manager stands with his arms folded and his mouth shut, then we defo have a serious problem. It's just not good enough

^^^This.^^^

Was talking at the match. At half time we agreed a change was needed. I said he's got a plan, watch for a change after an hour. Was told we needed chane at half time. I agreed, but I saw what he was doing.

We lost a second. I started shouting at the stoical RM from the stand - doing and saying nothing - to make a change It came after an hour...

We shouldn't play one up front against anyone in this league. I'd have started with N'Koyi and McDonald and aimed for goals (****in Samson in goal!) and taken N'Koyi off later. Instead we started light up top, fell behind and then couldn't get back in the game. Is that what gets taught at Largs?