PDA

View Full Version : Pawel Cibicki incoming

Jezleeds
27-08-2017, 07:48 AM
Anyone know anything about this guy?

It's all over the Swedish Leeds Utd supporters group that there's a bid in for him (he's at Malmo) plus various outlets here. 1.5 million apparently.

I'm learning Swedish so I'm a member on their forum and all of those guys are pretty committed Leeds fans - they're over here for a lot of games - and all of them are horrified at the idea of Cibicki - they are all saying Antonsson is a much better player and that it would be a waste of money to get Cibicki in.

His stats look ok - i guess he's back up for what we have - bit of a mystery re Antonsson though if he's not as good. The Swedish fans all agreed - not one thought this was a good idea!

Silentman
27-08-2017, 08:30 PM
Four year deal apparently, so presumably Dallas off to Norwich.

norfolk white
27-08-2017, 08:52 PM
Hope Dallas isn't off, Norwich need defenders, not attackers, we hadn't heard of saiz or alioski, and look how they've turned out.

Jezleeds
27-08-2017, 09:30 PM
Hope Dallas isn't off, Norwich need defenders, not attackers, we hadn't heard of saiz or alioski, and look how they've turned out.

Agreed, we haven't. But all those Swedish Leeds fans have. I'm happy to wait and see, but they were surprised he was being signed when Antonsson didn't play much.

CLIVETHELEEDSFAN
27-08-2017, 10:49 PM
I'd buy this pawel fella, recall Marcus, then there's them 2 plus kemar and jayroy, not forgetting Samuel and ezgjan, even throw Pablo Stuart and hadi in the mix, its plenty of firepower, goals spread all over instead of lumping it to wood, much better quality this season

WTF11
27-08-2017, 10:54 PM

Wtf would be want to be letting Dallas go to anyone??????

CLIVETHELEEDSFAN
27-08-2017, 10:54 PM
Dallas looks sharp this season, I'd keep him

lasher
28-08-2017, 10:24 AM
So far the foreign signings are doing well and proving me wrong I'm glad to say. This link is a bit worrying due to the views of the Swedish fans but we can only wait and see. I would have preferred someone proven with pace and goals but we will see.

magnificowhite
28-08-2017, 10:35 AM

I really hope not. I've seen some stupid moves this year but that would top the lot.

Billyni
30-08-2017, 09:37 PM

Looks like we've just got both today.

whitestomper45
31-08-2017, 01:45 PM
He was valued at £ 7.5M in May when Scum and Ajax were sniffing... seems amazing drop in value or great negotiation, am sure Pontus being here helped....

WTF11
31-08-2017, 02:21 PM
As with any other commodity, the price is only ever going to be what the customer is willing to pay, so whatever "value" was placed on him or anyone else is irrelevant until someone signs the cheque.

Proof of the pudding......

jimmybn
31-08-2017, 05:26 PM
As with any other commodity, the price is only ever going to be what the customer is willing to pay, so whatever "value" was placed on him or anyone else is irrelevant until someone signs the cheque.

Proof of the pudding......

Never mind with the pudding eating troll - keep on with the humble pie.

WTF11
31-08-2017, 05:28 PM
Never mind with the pudding eating troll - keep on with the humble pie.

F00k off tw4t! Plain enough?

Rev72
31-08-2017, 06:43 PM
never mind with the pudding eating troll - keep on with the humble pie.

:D

gupt13
31-08-2017, 08:22 PM
Just read this on BBC

New assets in the Championship

BBC Radio 5 live
Ian Dennis: The best signing I’ve seen in the Football League today? Leeds United have signed Pawel Kubicki. I saw him in the Under 21s tournament and he could be a real player. He’s technically very good and can play on either flank. What a player he could be for Leeds.

Rev72
31-08-2017, 08:37 PM
Just read this on BBC

New assets in the Championship

BBC Radio 5 live
Ian Dennis: The best signing I’ve seen in the Football League today? Leeds United have signed Pawel Kubicki. I saw him in the Under 21s tournament and he could be a real player. He’s technically very good and can play on either flank. What a player he could be for Leeds.

Like the sound of that !

gupt13
31-08-2017, 08:45 PM
Like the sound of that !

Me too Rev, heard some real negativity about this guy but also some real positives.

Orta has set high standards so far so I'm excited about this guy and along with Lasagna (thanks Blackspaven) we're well set me thinks

Billyni
31-08-2017, 08:50 PM
Like the sound of that !

If Carlsberg did transfer windows.....:D

Rev72
31-08-2017, 09:07 PM

They would stock up the Revs fridge before it starts (hic) :O

Billyni
31-08-2017, 09:25 PM

Oops i forgot, Carlsberg comes in 'Green' cans and bottles B)

Jezleeds
31-08-2017, 09:45 PM
Me too Rev, heard some real negativity about this guy but also some real positives.

Orta has set high standards so far so I'm excited about this guy and along with Lasagna (thanks Blackspaven) we're well set me thinks

I'm with you guys. I hope the Swedish Leeds fans aren't correct. More on their site today and almost none of it is positive which is unusual. Even the most positive are saying they hope he somehow improves.

Mostly players divide fans equally overall, but maybe he's better suited to a foreign league, who knows.

Tichi1
01-09-2017, 03:26 PM
Like most of the players brought in he hasn't cost a great deal, and despite what the Swedes are saying some big teams where interested not too long ago - at less than £1.5million I think he's got to be worth a punt.

S'funny how at the end of last season/beginning of the close season most on here where most concerned about getting a replacements for Bartley & Taylor - me included - but it seems our new management regime seem to know better than us punters - I am pleased to say, signs are positive, a load of new attacking players brought in, all the deadwood moved on, and not a great deal f work needed it seems on the defence - but still a long way to go so no chickens being counted here yet.

george_kaplan
01-09-2017, 05:15 PM
Aye me too Tichi mate, I tend to wait and see these days, so far so good for our coach and backroom IMO we need to build a team not 11 individuals and we need balance. I think we have achieved well in a short period of time. Of course I can't get to games but from what I've read from fans who can we are moving ahead in all departments and doing it in style, something we've all been craving since God knows when!

It's a different beast down here and players have to adapt, some can some can't/don't.....the trick/skill/luck! of a good coach is to hook these players in......to me "so far, so good".