PDA

View Full Version : One Game

sherwoodmag
27-08-2017, 09:13 AM
Is not a complete turnaround.
However the media and pundits over reacted to our 2 league defeats,a loss to Spurs when down to ten men and a 1-0 defeat to Huddersfield had pundits saying we were doomed.
Last season we lost away to Fulham and at home to Huddersfield in our first two games.
Yesterday we didn't give the Hammers time on the ball right throughout the game,we need to keep that up all season,then we will be safe.

waalsendmick
27-08-2017, 09:23 AM
spurs was an even game, settled by two injuries and a red card.

we have had ONE poor performance (as I pointed out the ridiculous over-reaction at the time) at Huddersfield.

our reserves lost a cup game (so phuck)

then one good performance.

seems more like mid table form to me....

let talk sport and sky (especially Merson and prutton) have their digs.

just enjoy the moment.

ghostrider
27-08-2017, 09:26 AM
Is not a complete turnaround.
However the media and pundits over reacted to our 2 league defeats,a loss to Spurs when down to ten men and a 1-0 defeat to Huddersfield had pundits saying we were doomed.
Last season we lost away to Fulham and at home to Huddersfield in our first two games.
Yesterday we didn't give the Hammers time on the ball right throughout the game,we need to keep that up all season,then we will be safe.

It's not really an overreaction though.
When you go to a team like Huddersfield (who I tip for relegation, as it stands right now) and play as negative as we did for most of that game, then you're naturally going to look like a team that is below quality to see out a season.
Against Tottenham it was our first game of the season and we came out all guns blazing. Basically we took them on and tried to batter them into submission.
It was working until Shelvey halted that fight.

The real issues get dealt with over a number of games but only if those issues do get dealt with which is a change in set up in terms of positive play and not reliant on over cautious approaches against (especially) the bigger teams.
Against West ham it appears he's taking heed of it....HOPEFULLY.

This is what you get from a team who has freedom to play on the front foot as well as working as a unit when on the back foot.
A good balanced side created a more confident mindset among players and fans alike. It's a harmony that can take teams well past their expected end of season blueprint.

ex_pat_magpie
27-08-2017, 10:40 AM
spurs was an even game, settled by two injuries and a red card.

we have had ONE poor performance (as I pointed out the ridiculous over-reaction at the time) at Huddersfield.

our reserves lost a cup game (so phuck)

then one good performance.

seems more like mid table form to me....

let talk sport and sky (especially Merson and prutton) have their digs.

just enjoy the moment.

I thought the Spurs game was lost by two red cards. One stupidly "earned" by Shelvey, and the second one not given to the ref's darlings for a blatant sending off.

toptoon
27-08-2017, 12:45 PM
We werenīt rubbish in our first 2 games and there was evidence of a platform to build on. Now we know what the team at this stage of its development is capable of, itīs a matter of Rafa getting this level consistently.