PDA

View Full Version : If Rafa left for West Ham...

Nufc24Mag
27-08-2017, 05:22 PM
How would u react? I know most would be gutted but would u be angry at Ashley? Or Rafa or both?

toonlegend
27-08-2017, 05:44 PM
some people may think this irrational, but id' be angry at ashley for pissing him off, in my view that will be the ONLY reason he would leave at this point of time

ex_pat_magpie
28-08-2017, 08:22 AM
some people may think this irrational, but id' be angry at ashley for pissing him off, in my view that will be the ONLY reason he would leave at this point of time

True, totally. Like Keegan before this double dealing and going back on promises is the only thing which would get Rafa down.

Jammy89
28-08-2017, 08:47 AM
Agreed TL.

Ashley has had/have a great chance with a top level manager and he seems to be ****ing it up because he wants to be the "top dog" in the club.

Rafa talked about the club as a long term project etc. He's not anymore that is down to Ashley and solely Ashley in my mind.

Obviously i'd also be really disappointed he was gone.

waalsendmick
28-08-2017, 08:47 AM
True, totally. Like Keegan before this double dealing and going back on promises is the only thing which would get Rafa down.

if you read NUFC.COM, our current situation is alarmingly similar to the sequence of events that led to Keegan departing 9 years ago.

but Keegan was a bottler and Rafa is too negative, so at least if it all gans tits up, thankfully we will still have big Mike in place and another relegation to look forward to.

toonlegend
28-08-2017, 10:47 AM
if you read NUFC.COM, our current situation is alarmingly similar to the sequence of events that led to Keegan departing 9 years ago.

but Keegan was a bottler and Rafa is too negative, so at least if it all gans tits up, thankfully we will still have big Mike in place and another relegation to look forward to.

you wouldn't be posting for someone else would you. hahaha

Zippity
28-08-2017, 10:59 AM

:D Aye, the Keegan bottler thing caught me out until my sarcasmometer kicked in!

Nephy
28-08-2017, 11:18 AM
I'd be upset but would 100% understand his decision, assuming West Ham's board promises to back him and give him what he needs to rebuild there. He's a world class manager who was given public assurances of funds if we were promoted, funds which never materialised. We've bought cannily in the bargain basement, but Rafa knows - and we know - that a proven PL goalscorer, probably a top class playmaker, and also ideally a better keeper are sorely needed to give ourselves the best chance of staying up and kicking on. Ashley needed to speculate to accumulate in this window, and instead we look high on grit and effort but slightly lacking in that bit of class that can change games. It's great that we've invested in some prospects like Murphy, but I'm kind of shocked that we haven't brought in any older heads to give the team some experience. At the start of the summer there was a lot of talk of proven PL veterans like Lucas, Skrtel etc. Not sure what happened but we have a very young squad that could do with a couple of calm, older heads.

waalsendmick
28-08-2017, 12:40 PM

I must've been hacked.

waalsendmick
28-08-2017, 12:42 PM
:D Aye, the Keegan bottler thing caught me out until my sarcasmometer kicked in!

you're too sharp for me kidda.

pboromag
29-08-2017, 01:11 PM
Rfa was going to west ham before he wentto real

but they have said their manager is safe for now

and we have spent more than them anyway i believe

toptoon
29-08-2017, 01:29 PM
I'd give Bilic more time (at least til the end of the season).....

:)