PDA

View Full Version : Evening Times

Mason89
27-08-2017, 07:43 PM
I heard it was one of ours

http://www.eveningtimes.co.uk

kkong
27-08-2017, 08:05 PM
Which first team player do we have who is aged 26?

Gary Mackay-Steven? Doesn't seem the type.

Mason89
27-08-2017, 08:07 PM
Yep, that's the one.

Unconfirmed gossip at this stage

Jupiter
27-08-2017, 08:08 PM
Our only 26 year olds are GMS and Shinnie

Pacman1903
27-08-2017, 08:45 PM
I heard it was one of ours

http://www.eveningtimes.co.uk

Why would players be doon there in the early hours of today. I would have thought they would all be on the bus after the game.

Out of Shinnie and GMS i know who i would think it was

RedStarTorphins
27-08-2017, 08:51 PM
Why would players be doon there in the early hours of today. I would have thought they would all be on the bus after the game.

Out of Shinnie and GMS i know who i would think it was

Twitter rumours are that it's GMS

Pacman, the players have been given a few days off

Hairdrier
27-08-2017, 08:55 PM
Can't see Shinnie jumping into the River Kelvin somehow.
The 'other' sites saying it was GMS rescued.

Pacman1903
27-08-2017, 08:55 PM
Twitter rumours are that it's GMS

Pacman, the players have been given a few days off

There you go.

GMS can handle his drink then. He is just a wee loon

redscot
27-08-2017, 08:59 PM
Is he ok ?

Pacman1903
27-08-2017, 09:06 PM
Condition not known

Mason89
27-08-2017, 09:10 PM
Condition not known

The text I got originally said he was fine

kkong
27-08-2017, 09:14 PM

Shay Logan has caught a train from Kilmarnock station right after a game, on at least one occasion.

Pacman1903
27-08-2017, 09:14 PM
The text I got originally said he was fine

Ach well every get themselves a pair of water wings for the Hearts game to take the piss

Fanny

Pacman1903
27-08-2017, 09:16 PM
Shay Logan has caught a train from Kilmarnock station right after a game, on at least one occasion.

I always thought players had light training on sunday. Used to anyway.

sheepcrooky
27-08-2017, 09:27 PM
I always thought players had light training on sunday. Used to anyway.

It's a international week and none of our players ever get called because of Strachan/McGhee's hatred of the club that made them famous.

However, if this is true, GMS should be ashamed of himself. He has got one hell of a fight on for a starting spot between him and Scotty Wright. This incident (if confirmed) won't be earning him many brownie points.

GASC1980
27-08-2017, 09:59 PM
It was GMS. He was with Stuart Armstrong.

Feck_the_Huns
27-08-2017, 10:08 PM
Must have been in one helluva state to end up in a river, whoever bladdered you are.

Hopfully he is okay but lucky lucky boy if he is.

Stupid cnut.

LED
27-08-2017, 10:27 PM
Must have been in one helluva state to end up in a river, whoever bladdered you are.

Hopfully he is okay but lucky lucky boy if he is.

Stupid cnut.

If this is true he should be sacked with immediate effect. Aberdeen are a family football club. The responsibility of drinking being a professional football player have been discussed on here at length before. It has cost players and managers their jobs in the past and he should be no different. It sends the wrong message. We don't want to go back to the bad days of players getting pished 4 days before games and ending up at private eyes etc.

Stavros39
27-08-2017, 10:43 PM
If this is true he should be sacked with immediate effect. Aberdeen are a family football club. The responsibility of drinking being a professional football player have been discussed on here at length before. It has cost players and managers their jobs in the past and he should be no different. It sends the wrong message. We don't want to go back to the bad days of players getting pished 4 days before games and ending up at private eyes etc.

Sacked really your a harsh c••t are you nae!!

Stavros39
27-08-2017, 10:46 PM
First and foremost he is fine I hope, daft thing doing that but alcohol is a demon cu•t and people have done crazy **** on alcohol. DM will give him a wee taking tae and warm him about this.

Jupiter
27-08-2017, 11:07 PM
If he is sacked, maybe he will leave Pittodrie in a car boot.

LED
27-08-2017, 11:28 PM
Sacked really your a harsh c••t are you nae!!
Indeed I am. 😉. As long as he is ok, then he can go back to weegie land. Do you rodgers would put up wirh that?

TheRealSLYFOX
28-08-2017, 06:18 AM
He's ****e anyway. Perfect excuse to get rid.

Aldo1983
28-08-2017, 06:27 AM
Family club!? What does that even mean? Must have missed that in my time supporting Aberdeen.

Anyway, sums up his start so far. Came here to sink or swim but ended up floundering about and getting hypothermia. Good effort. Never been that mad with it.

CraigieBuckler
28-08-2017, 06:38 AM
Came here to sink or swim but ended up floundering about

I believe I think I see what you did there >:)

mastrick1960
28-08-2017, 06:41 AM
Family club!? What does that even mean? Must have missed that in my time supporting Aberdeen.

Anyway, sums up his start so far. Came here to sink or swim but ended up floundering about and getting hypothermia. Good effort. Never been that mad with it.

I laugh at that when supporters come away with that ****e as well....family club 😄😄
As though we are the Salvation Army ....

Fitba player on his own time gets blootered and makes an arse of himself ...

standfreelee
28-08-2017, 06:48 AM
I laugh at that when supporters come away with that ****e as well....family club 😄😄
As though we are the Salvation Army ....

Fitba player on his own time gets blootered and makes an arse of himself ...

i know...a young loon makes a **** of himself on the piss. it happens.

hopefully he's okay, lesson learnt then comes back consistantly showing all the skills he has.

Pacman1903
28-08-2017, 07:03 AM
What a fud.

I canna say much as ive fallen in a river steaming before

Sack him? Gee wizz

Family club? Wheres the evidence?

vasilyrats86
28-08-2017, 07:31 AM
What a fud.

Sack him? Gee wizz

Family club? Wheres the evidence?

Ho ho

Was he with Alan Trouten??

People will carp on about this for a while.

Pacman1903
28-08-2017, 07:32 AM
Do you think Scott Wright is secretly pleased with this.

rico94
28-08-2017, 07:34 AM
I think most of us have done stupid things while drunk in our 20s so give the guy a break,calling for him to be sacked is ridiculous.

He has scored 1 goal and created another so far,he hasn't got off to a great start but certainly a lot better than the signing who some think is going to come good when he finally scores a goal.

Feck_the_Huns
28-08-2017, 07:40 AM
You don't just FALL into a river, p1ssed up or not p1ssed up.

If he went for a midnight dip, p1ssed or otherwise, he's a t1t.

However, has anybody contemplated that he threw himself in there for another reason, which has altogether more worrying and sympathetic overtones?

Pacman1903
28-08-2017, 07:58 AM

I beg to differ. I fell in steaming wasnt deliberate. Tripped on a paving stone and went arse over tit down the bank and sploosh. Instant sobreness and i got out. Lucky it was May and nae December or the outcome would have been alot different

My pockets were full of earwigs after

Mason89
28-08-2017, 08:04 AM
I walked off the sea wall in Lochranza pished.

Feck_the_Huns
28-08-2017, 08:13 AM
I beg to differ. I fell in steaming wasnt deliberate. Tripped on a paving stone and went arse over tit down the bank and sploosh. Instant sobreness and i got out. Lucky it was May and nae December or the outcome would have been alot different

My pockets were full of earwigs after

Okay, so if that is the case here, it begs the question, and one that we've been having for decades and will no doubt continue to do so for the next few decades, why would an employer pay an employee, paid for his athletic ability, about £3000 a week and let him p1ss it up against a wall?

He's a player at a crossroads in his career, and that's the way he thinks best to improve it? T1t.

I'm not saying sack the cnut but some sort of contractual punishment has to be in order

He's 26, not 16

ByeByeScum2012
28-08-2017, 08:56 AM
GMS - Goes Midnight Swimming

57vintage
28-08-2017, 08:56 AM

However, has anybody contemplated that he threw himself in there for another reason, which has altogether more worrying and sympathetic overtones?

You mean he was so bleezin he thought he was still playing for the Tims and would get a penalty for a dive?

One report says that there had been trouble in the Sanctuary nightclub he was in, and 'left after an incident inside'.

rico94
28-08-2017, 08:57 AM
I don't agree with it but the majority of British footballers get p*ssed even these days.Even your guffball players who get paid millions still drink and do stupid things.Its not right considering they are supposed to be professional athletes but there isn't much chance of it changing anytime soon.

It's not even the worst incident regarding one of our players getting drunk and doing something daft,I can think of a few that were worse.

Mason89
28-08-2017, 09:00 AM
It would also be quite interesting to see how many players come down with a Colombian flu on a Sunday.

StandfreeFM
28-08-2017, 09:01 AM

Agree entirely, this could easily have been a cry for help or something worse. If there are underlying mental issues which would cause someone to throw themselves into a river, then AFC have a duty of care to make sure the player is in the right state of mind before even thinking of him playing again. We don't know the facts yet (nor should we) so anything just now is baseless speculation, as fun as that is.

Mason, are you sure you weren't booted off a sea wall in Lochranza for talking sh!te?

Mason89
28-08-2017, 09:05 AM
Agree entirely, this could easily have been a cry for help or something worse. If there are underlying mental issues which would cause someone to throw themselves into a river, then AFC have a duty of care to make sure the player is in the right state of mind before even thinking of him playing again. We don't know the facts yet (nor should we) so anything just now is baseless speculation, as fun as that is.

Mason, are you sure you weren't booted off a sea wall in Lochranza for talking sh!te?

I don't recall ever having talked sh1te but I agree with the rest of the post. Obviously its all speculation but if that is the case, I wonder how much Celtic knew of it.

Pacman1903
28-08-2017, 09:11 AM
GMS - Goes Midnight Swimming

:D

ByeByeScum2012
28-08-2017, 09:16 AM
From website:

The club can confirm Gary Mackay-Steven was involved in an incident in the River Kelvin on Sunday morning.

He was treated for hypothermia but is now at home and recovering well.

On behalf of Gary, the club extends its thanks to the emergency services involved.

The club will not be commenting further on the matter.

Pacman1903
28-08-2017, 09:19 AM
The club will not be commenting further on the matter.

Because hes away to get an inhouse c@nting

DonVincenzo (The II)
28-08-2017, 09:23 AM
You don't just FALL into a river, p1ssed up or not p1ssed up

Where is the logic in that?

Here, around 12 people are chopped up by Canal cruisers every year after being missing after a night out, with their heads or arms missing from the torso's.

Its not a serial killer, its called doing a p1sh in the water and loosing balance.

Pacman1903
28-08-2017, 09:26 AM
Where is the logic in that?

Here, around 12 people are chopped up by Canal cruisers every year after being missing after a night out, with their heads or arms missing from the torso's.

Its not a serial killer, its called doing a p1sh in the water and loosing balance.

Or being steaming after a day oot on the sauce for the scottish cup final

rico94
28-08-2017, 09:47 AM
Because hes away to get an inhouse c@nting

I think an inhouse b@llocking,a hefty fine and possibly a donation to the rescue services as someone suggested should be enough and move on.

We are after all the club who never sacked their manager when he was too hungover to show up for a game because he was out on the p*ss the night before,that should have been an instant dismissal.

vasilyrats86
28-08-2017, 10:05 AM
I think an inhouse b@llocking,a hefty fine and possibly a donation to the rescue services as someone suggested should be enough and move on.

We are after all the club who never sacked their manager when he was too hungover to show up for a game because he was out on the p*ss the night before,that should have been an instant dismissal.

I'd agree with that just get him tae sort it oot and concentrate on playing

next............

hulldon
28-08-2017, 10:55 AM
It seems that he was in the club - Sanctuary (?) - and was getting some verbals. He left before anything could happen and was seemingly heading to his flat - nearby it seems - and jumped a wall as a shortcut, but Kelvin was swollen after recent rain ( can confirm it was fast as I had a nice pint in Inn at the Deep that night. Well worth a visit.)
Anyway, although this sounds a little suspicious, I think he deserves the benefit of the doubt. Some over-reaction from some on here, I feel!

InversneckieDob
28-08-2017, 11:22 AM

Me too......Falkirk 1995 ...... lang ish story.

I was FREEZING on the bus hame.

Yes......I'd had a drink.

InversneckieDob
28-08-2017, 11:26 AM

150% p!sh.

I have fallen in a river p!5hed.
Wasn't swimming or owt, I was looking for a shortcut and took a tumble.

Mr_Grieves
28-08-2017, 11:32 AM
Its hardly a surprise that an Aberdeen and ex tim player was getting verbals in a club in Glasgow on Saturday night. This situation could have been easily avoided by not going out on the p1ss in Glasgow.

Scott Wright is bound to start in our next match - I'm sure he'll take to it like a duck to water.......

Pacman1903
28-08-2017, 11:42 AM
150% p!sh.

At least you were trying to find a shortcut. I did it because i was a spoon

DonUnder
28-08-2017, 12:03 PM
It seems that he was in the club - Sanctuary (?) - and was getting some verbals. He left before anything could happen and was seemingly heading to his flat - nearby it seems - and jumped a wall as a shortcut, but Kelvin was swollen after recent rain ( can confirm it was fast as I had a nice pint in Inn at the Deep that night. Well worth a visit.)
Anyway, although this sounds a little suspicious, I think he deserves the benefit of the doubt. Some over-reaction from some on here, I feel!
Perhaps he was looking for his passport?

neilthedon
28-08-2017, 12:12 PM
I don't recall ever having talked sh1te but I agree with the rest of the post. Obviously its all speculation but if that is the case, I wonder how much Celtic knew of it.

ALL of us talk ****e. Sometimes. You need to recognise and admit that before you can start to wise up .

I`ll try to help you as much as I can Mason.

So, next time I tell you that you`re talking ****e, please realise it`s for your own good ?:)

andoplzcumbak
28-08-2017, 12:14 PM
The guys have a couple of weeks off so understandable that some went out to let their hair down. The actual incident doesn't bother me as sh!t happens.
However, I've always been led to believe through fitness coaches that one night bevvying sets your fitness back a couple of weeks.. which can't be good in the first month of the season.
So I'm more annoyed that some of our players are taking these hits on their fitness levels.

andoplzcumbak
28-08-2017, 12:20 PM
Another thing, if Armstrong was also in the piss, that's even worse as he'll be in the squad/team for the game v Malta on Monday I'd guess!

Aldo1983
28-08-2017, 12:42 PM

One of my old locals, the Williams brothers own it. Nice pizza as well.

hulldon
28-08-2017, 01:16 PM
Perhaps he was looking for his passport?

Very good "donunder". Methinks we are the only two on here who know what you are talking about!
But I had an excuse - I'd just seen the Dons' greatest achievement ever... And I hope GMS was nae as blootered as I was then!

donsdaft
28-08-2017, 01:46 PM
Hey Hulldon min, you were out in Glasgow on Saturday night?

You didn't happen to be in the company of anyone celebrating their 30th birthday were you?

ILikeJam
28-08-2017, 02:43 PM
150% p!sh.

I'm another one that's been in a river whilst p!shed (twice actually...)

First time I was on exam leave at high school and had been in the boozer with my mates acting billy big b0ll0cks downing double JD and cokes. Made it down the first 2 steps of the pub door then missed the last 3 and landed on my face in the street. Picked myself up after an unknown period of time to head for home and found my mate walking over the bridge along the top of the wall. Tried to pull him down onto the pavement but missed him and went @rse-over-t!t into the water below - luckily the fall was broken by tree branches and was able to walk away from it unscathed.

The second time was about a year later aged 17 and thinking it was hilarious to wake my mate up by chucking stones at the window at 3am - only for his da to appear with a golf club running at me! Jumped the fence and down the hill to the river and chose to swim it before getting battered - it was December and literally freezing. Daft laddie, lucky to get away with it.

Here's hoping GMS was something fairly innocuous like that and not anything more serious to worry about.

hulldon
28-08-2017, 03:05 PM
Hey Hulldon min, you were out in Glasgow on Saturday night?

You didn't happen to be in the company of anyone celebrating their 30th birthday were you?

Donsdaft - nope. Was with 28yo nephew and his other half, having been at Firhill with nephew. Got to say, some Agfa fine pubs in West end these days - great beer, and not too many tw*ts!

Hairdrier
28-08-2017, 04:43 PM
Is the boy GMS highly strung, or a bit feil ?

Send him out on loan, or to counselling.

KIWIRED
28-08-2017, 04:45 PM
Hope he gets the riot act read to him

Written and final warning about his conduct

Hardly acting as a professional sportsman, but he has learned a life lesson.

He should be thankfull to the emergency services who risked their own lifes to pull him out

Embrassing, very embrassing for him.

Sort him out DM

sheepcrooky
28-08-2017, 04:52 PM
I guess none of us may ever know the full story. Could just be a very silly loon with too much booze, or he have issues we don't know about.

It's a bit harsh wanting him sacked, etc. Hopefully he recovers and plays a full part in a great season for AFC (Scott Wright will take some shifting though).

Hairdrier
28-08-2017, 04:53 PM
It's fair to say he needs to wise up, no wonder Celtic were keen to sell him.

rico94
28-08-2017, 05:25 PM
Not sure why people think Wright has cemented his place because of this,GMS has 1 goal and 1 assist which is the same as Wright,I would imagine the 2 of them will get rotated along with Stewart like McInnes has been doing so far.

This whole river thing won't bother McInnes,he proved off field acts from his players don't concern him when he signed Goodwillie.

notinmyname
28-08-2017, 05:30 PM
I'm another one that's been in a river whilst p!shed (twice actually...)

I'll own up too... was on a tiny rock fishing in Oslo fjord when I over swung the rod losing my balance....SPLASH. Had had a drink but not legless.... once you are in - you are in... had to be hauled out with a rod as the sides are steep as. I have seen a lot of urban rivers are reinforced / contained / flat-sided as part of flooding defence. So unless you know where the rescue rings and ladders are (tricky in the dark) you are a bit fuber'd...

andoplzcumbak
28-08-2017, 05:35 PM
I've took a shortcut over a shallow bit of the Nith that turned out to be not so shallow while pished XD

Aldo1983
28-08-2017, 05:37 PM
It's fair to say he needs to wise up, no wonder Celtic were keen to sell him.

They weren't that keen by all accounts.

RedStarTorphins
28-08-2017, 06:25 PM
Hope he gets the riot act read to him

Written and final warning about his conduct

Hardly acting as a professional sportsman, but he has learned a life lesson.

He should be thankfull to the emergency services who risked their own lifes to pull him out

Embrassing, very embrassing for him.

Sort him out DM

Shouldn't we wait & see before judging?

Perhaps there are other reasons (mental) that caused this?

If it is drunken stupidity, then boll0ck him

AirdrieDon
28-08-2017, 06:49 PM
To be fair to GMS, **** happens. I'm less upset by this than I was about McGinn being spotted at Celtic Park at a time we were jockeying for 1st with Ronny Deila's Celtic. Or Zander and his ugly mug in front of a Celtic birthday cake (enough nightmares watching him play in a Dons top without seeing those two things in the same pic). Or Ryan Jack lying to McInnes about not wanting to join the Huns. Or Ricky Foster, in a general sense. Or David Goodw- well.....you get my point.

Hope he is ok and it doesn't affect his form, should maybe be convincing him to move up to Aberdeen. I've never been comfortable having players so far away from the city the club is actually based in, personally. Saying that, there is a Peterhead team bus parked round the corner from me in Airdrie. Fair trek for part-timers. Presumably a few of them getting picked up in the bus based in the Central Belt. Might ask them to drop em off at Pittodrie ;D

EintrachtFrankfurt
28-08-2017, 06:54 PM
Hopefully he-GMS learns his lesson from this.

Pacman1903
28-08-2017, 06:56 PM
I'm less upset by this than I was about McGinn being spotted at Celtic Park at a time we were jockeying for 1st with Ronny Deila's Celtic.

Your nae allowed to say that that was an issue on here. People get offended because there were nothing wrong with his actions that night(i take it you mean the Rugby Park photo)

AirdrieDon
28-08-2017, 07:15 PM
Your nae allowed to say that that was an issue on here. People get offended because there were nothing wrong with his actions that night(i take it you mean the Rugby Park photo)

Well aye but it was just being used as a rhetorical device of how little this GMS thing hurts Aberdeen in the grand scheme of things, rather than saying it was some massive travesty. By what accounts we have so far heard, it sounds like an accident.

You don't accidentally tumble through a turnstile into Rugby Park with your former team mates. And it was picked up on by the club at the time if I recall correctly.

Of course, the weegia will be having a field day, but a Dons player or fan only needs to fart in the wrong direction for that to happen.

Landvetter83
28-08-2017, 07:21 PM
To all you phannies confessing to falling in a river, sea etc. while pi$hed I've only one thing to say:

"YOU CANNAE HOLD YOUR DRINK"

53 years on the planet and, while trollied, I've never fallen into anything wetter than ........ ;D

Landvetter83
28-08-2017, 07:23 PM
Seriously, best wishes to Gary Mackay-Steven. Get better soon min.

Hope it was nothing sinister ....

Landvetter83
28-08-2017, 07:31 PM
Very good "donunder". Methinks we are the only two on here who know what you are talking about!
But I had an excuse - I'd just seen the Dons' greatest achievement ever... And I hope GMS was nae as blootered as I was then!

OK chaps I'm beat! Passport? Please share ......

Pacman1903
28-08-2017, 08:00 PM
To all you phannies confessing to falling in a river, sea etc. while pi$hed I've only one thing to say:

"YOU CANNAE HOLD YOUR DRINK"

53 years on the planet and, while trollied, I've never fallen into anything wetter than ........ ;D

I'm not excusing myself at all here as it was utter drunken fuddery on my part which cannot be doubted. But where it happened is the only place along the whole path that it was physically possible for me to do it. The only place the path is less than a couple of meters from the water(the distance of around half a meter being a drop down a river bank). I remember going back to see where I fell a couple of days later and there was just a flattened section of reeds and nettles all the way down. Two things in my favour that night. 1- it was May and reasonably warm 2-i sobered up immediately on submergence and 3-I'm a pretty strong guy and I managed to pull myself out(cutting my hands to f@ck in the process.) I was a drunken walloper in my younger days. I still think I could make that same walk in the same state a hundred times again and it wouldn't happen.

Ach I can laugh now but f@ck me it could have been worse. it was the day of the Chelsea v Manure FA cup final in 2006 maybe 07. Day oot in toon at the Highland Hotel. Back to Ellon at night, should have got off the bus and went home, I didn't and I got damp

deedon
28-08-2017, 08:04 PM
Pure guess, but the fact the club statement says they will not be commenting any further on the matter suggests there may be a sadder side to this. If it had been a drink fuelled incident they might have ended the statement by saying the matter would be dealt with internally, blah blah...

Landvetter83
28-08-2017, 08:04 PM
I'm not excusing myself at all here as it was utter drunken fuddery on my part which cannot be doubted. But where it happened is the only place along the whole path that it was physically possible for me to do it. The only place the path is less than a couple of meters from the water(the distance of around half a meter being a drop down a river bank). I remember going back to see where I fell a couple of days later and there was just a flattened section of reeds and nettles all the way down. Two things in my favour that night. 1- it was May and reasonably warm 2-i sobered up immediately on submergence and 3-I'm a pretty strong guy and I managed to pull myself out(cutting my hands to f@ck in the process.) I was a drunken walloper in my younger days. I still think I could make that same walk in the same state a hundred times again and it wouldn't happen.

Ach I can laugh now but f@ck me it could have been worse. it was the day of the Chelsea v Manure FA cup final in 2006 maybe 07. Day oot in toon at the Highland Hotel. Back to Ellon at night, should have got off the bus and went home, I didn't and I got damp

Fud !!!

Pacman1903
28-08-2017, 08:33 PM
Fud !!!

100%

Pacman1903
28-08-2017, 08:34 PM
Pure guess, but the fact the club statement says they will not be commenting any further on the matter suggests there may be a sadder side to this. If it had been a drink fuelled incident they might have ended the statement by saying the matter would be dealt with internally, blah blah...

I would say that is because McInnes likes to keep everything in house.

I would also say that no club would comment further

hulldon
28-08-2017, 09:04 PM
OK chaps I'm beat! Passport? Please share ......

LV! All I'll say is it wisnae a river with me - it was a fountain outside the Ullevi ...,

ragnarok
28-08-2017, 11:28 PM
Don't see any point in speculating on this to be honest. Trust that AFC will deal with it appropriately and best for both club and player that the details are not widely circulated.

Of course, the weegia will be having a field day, but a Dons player or fan only needs to fart in the wrong direction for that to happen.

Don't know why folk still worry about the 'Weegia'. The Daily Record's circulation is a small fraction of what it was only 15 years ago.

Pacman1903
29-08-2017, 12:37 AM
LV! All I'll say is it wisnae a river with me - it was a fountain outside the Ullevi ...,

At least thats respectable and sticky willy and earwig free

Aldo1983
29-08-2017, 06:12 AM
Don't see any point in speculating on this to be honest. Trust that AFC will deal with it appropriately and best for both club and player that the details are not widely circulated.

Don't know why folk still worry about the 'Weegia'. The Daily Record's circulation is a small fraction of what it was only 15 years ago.

I've said that before on here, it's a weird paranoia that has no basis.

deedon
29-08-2017, 06:27 AM

DJR1979
29-08-2017, 07:39 AM

Knowing this paper by 12 noon he'll have been pushed!

I'm going with he got drunk, made a t1t of himself, got punched, went for a wee walk to calm down, went to pee in the burn, wee stagger forward, splash!

donsdaft
29-08-2017, 08:55 AM
Well thank god for that.
Getting pished and making a total a'rse of yourself is at least understandable.

A major improvement on trying to top himself anyway.

I couldn't have taken any more of the "mental issues " and "the club has a duty of care" p'ish.

Mason89
29-08-2017, 09:01 AM
Nice gurn

StandfreeFM
29-08-2017, 09:16 AM
I couldn't have taken any more of the "mental issues " and "the club has a duty of care" p'ish.

P!sh? I think the understanding and general compassion surrounding mental health has improved drastically over the last ten years. It's only natural for those of us who have been affected by "mental issues" to recognise the possibility that this episode might have deeper psychological issues that will take longer to address than the international break. I'd be far happier if it was merely a drunken escapade gone wrong but I won't apologise for sounding a note of caution regarding speculating over an extremely odd incident involving one of our players and a river.

donsdaft
29-08-2017, 09:28 AM
I'm nae asking you to apologise.

GMS's biggest problem is that he looks like a mummy's boy, making it more difficult to believe that he was just being a drunken a'rse.

He should however, be fined by the club for wearing such a ridiculous baseball cap.

Stavros39
29-08-2017, 09:30 AM
P!sh? I think the understanding and general compassion surrounding mental health has improved drastically over the last ten years. It's only natural for those of us who have been affected by "mental issues" to recognise the possibility that this episode might have deeper psychological issues that will take longer to address than the international break. I'd be far happier if it was merely a drunken escapade gone wrong but I won't apologise for sounding a note of caution regarding speculating over an extremely odd incident involving one of our players and a river.
Well said Sir those of us with a sensible disposition. Glad to see there are more of us 😀

StandfreeFM
29-08-2017, 09:31 AM
He does look like a bit of a fud in that picture it's fair to say.

Pacman1903
29-08-2017, 09:31 AM
Good to see the Record used the worst photae they could find

Pacman1903
29-08-2017, 09:34 AM

I have plenty of experience with mental health issues as they have tried their hardest to f@ck up my life and succeeded to an extent. But I have to say I never for once thought this was a cry for help fae GMS and thought it was drunken fuddery all along

StandfreeFM
29-08-2017, 09:52 AM
I have plenty of experience with mental health issues as they have tried their hardest to f@ck up my life and succeeded to an extent. But I have to say I never for once thought this was a cry for help fae GMS and thought it was drunken fuddery all along

Fair enough. As I say I hope it is drunken fuddery. But you're saying it as if the whole story has been explained. We don't know all the facts (again, nor should we) so I'm just suggesting there may be more to it than the Daily Record's tale of spoilt footballers and glasgow gangsters.

Mason89
29-08-2017, 09:57 AM
It's not the best pic. You can see why somebody wanted to punch him

DJR1979
29-08-2017, 12:20 PM
Folk on here will do better than me with the lyrics but surly Tina Tuners "Proud Mary" could be used?

Scott Wright keeps on scorin'
so Proud Gary went and got roarin'
now he's, rollin', rollin'
rollin' in the river

neilthedon
29-08-2017, 12:37 PM
Folk on here will do better than me with the lyrics but surly Tina Tuners "Proud Mary" could be used?

Scott Wright keeps on scorin'
so Proud Gary went and got roarin'
now he's, rollin', rollin'
rollin' in the river

Pedant point . tina`s was a cover. Originally by Creedance Clearwater Revival.

Pacman1903
29-08-2017, 02:37 PM

Well pointed out. I hate Tina Turner (its a hun thing) and theres nothing wrong with a bit of Creedance Clearwater Revival (who have ironically never revived)

neilthedon
29-08-2017, 02:51 PM
Well pointed out. I hate Tina Turner (its a hun thing) and theres nothing wrong with a bit of Creedance Clearwater Revival (who have ironically never revived)

Aye Agreed Tina`s rep is tarnished through no fault of her own ( cue some gadgie posting a pic of her with a hun scarf !! )

Creedance CLEARWATER Revival is more appropriate for GMS situation anyway.

Not sure that CCR could be revived mind. Think the Loon that wrote all the songs is Deid ?

donsdaft
29-08-2017, 02:59 PM
F'uck me Pacman min, we agree on something musical.

I hate Tina Turner (it's a music thing)

Edit: Apart from Nutbush City Limits

DJR1979
29-08-2017, 03:22 PM

Sorry my error

Pacman1903
29-08-2017, 03:34 PM
F'uck me Pacman min, we agree on something musical.

I hate Tina Turner (it's a music thing)

Edit: Apart from Nutbush City Limits

I'm nae going to lie but its also a music thing too. Shes sh@te

neilthedon
29-08-2017, 03:37 PM
Sorry my error

Dinna worry Loon. It`s nae a huge thing !!

More worried that some kids think " Another Girl, another Planet" is a Blink 182 original !!!!

Mason89
29-08-2017, 03:41 PM
Tina Turner is a Hun drag artist

Ajja
29-08-2017, 04:20 PM
Going Midnight Swimming. :P

Surely some sort of REM rendition is in order?

Jupiter
29-08-2017, 04:26 PM
I thought Tina Turner was deid, but according to the internet she is still alive.

Hairdrier
29-08-2017, 04:39 PM
Aye Agreed Tina`s rep is tarnished through no fault of her own ( cue some gadgie posting a pic of her with a hun scarf !! )

Creedance CLEARWATER Revival is more appropriate for GMS situation anyway.

Not sure that CCR could be revived mind. Think the Loon that wrote all the songs is Deid ?

Nope - John Fogerty is still alive. On the Creedence Clearwater Revival theme, there are quite a few songs that are apt..

Green River, Born on the Bayou and Bad Moon Rising - "don't go round tonight.....".

Pacman1903
29-08-2017, 04:46 PM
Nope - John Fogerty is still alive. On the Creedence Clearwater Revival theme, there are quite a few songs that are apt..

Green River, Born on the Bayou and Bad Moon Rising - "don't go round tonight.....".

I read an interview and Foggy was saying a "revival" winna happen.

The Eagles also said that so theres hope yet

krakowdon
29-08-2017, 04:54 PM
I have a recollection that Annie May distanced herself from the hun when she became aware of their use of STB, but maybe that's wishful thinking on my part.

Ike and Tina produced some classics to be fair, including the definitive, for me, River Deep Mountain High.

And the Ikettes, without whom we might not have had PP Arnold :heart:

Jupiter
29-08-2017, 04:56 PM
According to Mr google, CCR's original name was the Golliwogs

neilthedon
29-08-2017, 05:58 PM
I have a recollection that Annie May distanced herself from the hun when she became aware of their use of STB, but maybe that's wishful thinking on my part.

Ike and Tina produced some classics to be fair, including the definitive, for me, River Deep Mountain High.

And the Ikettes, without whom we might not have had PP Arnold :heart:

AH. PP Arnold. Now you`re talking. What a voice. Backed by the Small Faces on a lot of her early tracks ?

Then a scratch support band for her UK tours turned themselves into The Nice.......then ELP. Lost interest there !!

Amazing how far off tangent we can get from some Loon falling in the water .:O

krakowdon
29-08-2017, 07:39 PM
Aye, she skipped the Ikettes after Jagger introduced her to Loog Oldham and she signed for Immediate. Never quite achieved the success she deserved. New (lost) album due according to the current Mojo.

Second only to Dusty in my book.

InversneckieDob
29-08-2017, 09:06 PM

Once a DJ........

fittiered
29-08-2017, 09:53 PM
Looks like the heavy handed knuckle dragging bouncers didnt help in the matter!! Not making excuses like.

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/news/scottish-news/1488954/river-rescue-aberdeen-gary-mackay-steven-booted-out-glasgow-nightclub-plunging-water/

Sidney77
29-08-2017, 11:03 PM
Gamble "letting your hair down" when prematurely balding. Needs to wise up.

Pacman1903
30-08-2017, 05:35 AM
I would hazard a guess he was being a pr@ck.

InversneckieDob
30-08-2017, 05:39 AM
Looks like the heavy handed knuckle dragging bouncers didnt help in the matter!! Not making excuses like.

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/news/scottish-news/1488954/river-rescue-aberdeen-gary-mackay-steven-booted-out-glasgow-nightclub-plunging-water/
The Sun......must be spot on the money then.

NewOrleansRed
30-08-2017, 05:44 AM

Actually met Mr and Mrs Fogarty a few years back. Quite a character. Didn't seem in need of reviving either. Alive and well.

Mason89
30-08-2017, 05:55 AM

Based purely on that article, which is probably complete sh1te, it sounds like the bouncers did exactly what they're meant to do

Pacman1903
30-08-2017, 05:59 AM
Based purely on that article, which is probably complete sh1te, it sounds like the bouncers did exactly what they're meant to do

I like the fact hes reffered to as a "wideboy" it made me laugh as that most likely what he was being that night. Nae sure why hes getting pictured wi his shopping ootside his hoos though.

edgarprais
30-08-2017, 06:34 AM
Most surprising thing in that article is that he has a burd. I always assumed he was gayer than a French Horn.

rico94
30-08-2017, 06:53 AM
Are the Glasgow press still going on about this.

I wonder if they would have even bothered reporting it in the first place if Aberdeen weren't top of the league.

Aldo1983
30-08-2017, 07:59 AM
Are the Glasgow press still going on about this.

I wonder if they would have even bothered reporting it in the first place if Aberdeen weren't top of the league.

It's hardly a witch hunt. If it were a Celtic or rangers player it would be on the front page for the next few weeks with special pull out articles in a couple of years.

The Glasgow/weegie press thing is nonsense. Imagine if this was Ryan Jack!? We'd be jizzing over this and hoping he gets the jail.

blowupsheep
30-08-2017, 08:01 AM
Aberdeen are a family football club.

Fit a heap of bollox, or are you referring to the same "family club" that when Stevie May thumped in the winner against Dundee the other week that pretty much the whole stadium were on their feet belting out a round of "who the fk is Stevie May" nae sure if the family stand section were all on their feet or no as the weather was sh1te I could not clearly see from the DD stand, but referring to the dons now as a family club is sh1te as football is now a huge business within entertainment, the "family club" tag was shifted many a long year ago

COYR

InversneckieDob
30-08-2017, 08:02 AM
I like the fact hes reffered to as a "wideboy" it made me laugh as that most likely what he was being that night. Nae sure why hes getting pictured wi his shopping ootside his hoos though.

Because he's wearing SHORTS. After having HYPOTHERMIA.
You get hypothermia from being COLD.........and he's wearing SHORTS.
D'you see?

It's FUNNY

Pacman1903
30-08-2017, 08:31 AM
Because he's wearing SHORTS. After having HYPOTHERMIA.
You get hypothermia from being COLD.........and he's wearing SHORTS.
D'you see?

It's FUNNY

Aye, national news that

Pacman1903
30-08-2017, 08:35 AM
Fit a heap of bollox, or are you referring to the same "family club" that when Stevie May thumped in the winner against Dundee the other week that pretty much the whole stadium were on their feet belting out a round of "who the fk is Stevie May" nae sure if the family stand section were all on their feet or no as the weather was sh1te I could not clearly see from the DD stand, but referring to the dons now as a family club is sh1te as football is now a huge business within entertainment, the "family club" tag was shifted many a long year ago

COYR

Aye exactly. A day oot to Pittodrie isnt exactly a great day oot for the family. Get in-watch first half-high five Angus-watch second half-go home. Family friendly stuff. Its quite shocking how they dont try and make it a family affair

rico94
30-08-2017, 08:44 AM
It's hardly a witch hunt. If it were a Celtic or rangers player it would be on the front page for the next few weeks with special pull out articles in a couple of years.

The Glasgow/weegie press thing is nonsense. Imagine if this was Ryan Jack!? We'd be jizzing over this and hoping he gets the jail.

I can't recall them reporting Scott Brown lying on the street pyshed the week before the league cup final 2015 more than once.Or the many antics of Leigh Griffiths being a general Ned on numerous occasions.

Why would we be wanting Ryan Jack jailed for falling into a river drunk?

It's hardly the crime of the century.

Aldo1983
30-08-2017, 08:49 AM
I can't recall them reporting Scott Brown lying on the street pyshed the week before the league cup final 2015 more than once.Or the many antics of Leigh Griffiths being a general Ned on numerous occasions.

Why would we be wanting Ryan Jack jailed for falling into a river drunk?

It's hardly the crime of the century.

They did report the Scott brown incident and various other stories. Not that it really matters as there's about 7 people buying the Daily Record these days.

Paranoid stuff.

rico94
30-08-2017, 09:43 AM
They did report the Scott brown incident and various other stories. Not that it really matters as there's about 7 people buying the Daily Record these days.

Paranoid stuff.

As far as I remember it was reported once that Brown was out on the pysh the week before the final and it wasn't reported 3 days in a row because there was nothing else to say about it.

The story that they printed today was saying that GMS was drunk in the nightclub before he fell into the river,no sh@t he was drunk in the nightclub we all knew that already so why are they going on about it 4 days later.They need to let it go and move on.

57vintage
30-08-2017, 11:04 AM
Aye, she skipped the Ikettes after Jagger introduced her to Loog Oldham and she signed for Immediate. Never quite achieved the success she deserved. New (lost) album due according to the current Mojo.

Second only to Dusty in my book.

The new 'lost' album The Turning Tide (KUNDALINI MUSIC) has been sent to me for review and is every bit as good we always understood it to be.

https://www.udiscovermusic.com/news/exclusive-pp-arnolds-lost-sessions-eric-clapton-derek-dominos-barry-gibb-october-release/

Aldo1983
30-08-2017, 11:34 AM
As far as I remember it was reported once that Brown was out on the pysh the week before the final and it wasn't reported 3 days in a row because there was nothing else to say about it.

The story that they printed today was saying that GMS was drunk in the nightclub before he fell into the river,no sh@t he was drunk in the nightclub we all knew that already so why are they going on about it 4 days later.They need to let it go and move on.

You could probably be doing with letting it go and moving on.

rico94
30-08-2017, 03:29 PM
You could probably be doing with letting it go and moving on.

I already have,your local press probably haven't though.

The_Stolen_Bus
30-08-2017, 03:46 PM
Actually met Mr and Mrs Fogarty a few years back. Quite a character. Didn't seem in need of reviving either. Alive and well.

John Fogerty may have been the only musician to have been sued for plagiarizing himself. He was involved in a court case after the company he sold the rights to his songs to sued him because one of his new songs sounded like one of his old ones!

Aldo1983
30-08-2017, 04:26 PM
I already have,your local press probably haven't though.

You shouldn't be so scared of them. No-one down here gives a flying ****. Hopefully that news will reach you soon. In the meantime you just worry about the White Walkers.

rico94
30-08-2017, 06:38 PM
You shouldn't be so scared of them. No-one down here gives a flying ****. Hopefully that news will reach you soon. In the meantime you just worry about the White Walkers.

It's you that needs to worry about the white walkers,they are coming from the north and heading south.