28-08-2017, 03:18 AM
Johnstone
Bree Chester Terry Taylor
Whelan Jedi
Elmo hourihane Green
Kodjia

picasso
28-08-2017, 07:01 AM
That's a pretty unadventurous team Bongo. I don't think you can play Whelan and Jedi together with a back four and hope to score a lot of goals.
I don't think I can put together my best 11 which just goes to show the amount of options available to SB. On paper we seem to have a strong squad. Now we need to see it consistently on the pitch!

yubbywelch
28-08-2017, 08:20 AM
Bosnich
Cole Staam Staunton
Young Ronaldo Messi Ronadinho
Yorke David Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink

TrianonDave
28-08-2017, 01:25 PM
Johnstone
Chester Terry Samba

Elmo Jedi Snoddy Hurricane

Hogan Kodija Green

westcountryvillain
29-08-2017, 05:35 PM
Johnstone
Bree/Terry/Chester/Taylor
Elmo/Onomah/Whelan/Hourihane
Davis/Kodija

Green & Davis should get regular run-outs, Hogan as backup to the Koj (who is likely to take some time to get sharp again)

Exiledvillan
29-08-2017, 06:23 PM
The thing with loans WCV, is that the parent club usually throw in a play or return clause. So I’d say Onomah, Johnstone and now Snodgrass will have to be given at least a decent starting run. In Snodgrass’s case, Wham would eventually be looking for a fee next summer and sitting on our bench all season decreases his value. I’d expect all three to start barring injury or a ridiculous loss of form. Probably starting at the expense of Davis and Green, who will come off the bench. What now for Lansbury, Adomah and Thor I wonder, especially when Jack is back?

picasso
29-08-2017, 07:08 PM
Good points Ex but you shouldn't have to play loanees if they're playing well enough. Those three you mentioned need to prove their worth in a Hourihane type way which they haven't up till now. Definitely an overcrowded midfield but a nice dilemma for SB to have

samhubball
29-08-2017, 10:30 PM
Johnstone
Elmo Terry Chester Taylor
Adomah whelan Hourihane grealish
Snodgrass
Kodija