PDA

View Full Version : How many more

sherwoodmag
28-08-2017, 12:47 PM
Players will leave before Thursday night.
Note for P/borough who says Rafa can't shift them.Gone so far\Thauvin,Goufran,Anita,Rivière,De Jong,Sammyobi,plus 3 out on loan.Plus a couple more I can't remember.

ghostrider
28-08-2017, 12:57 PM
Haidara, hopefully.
Curtis Good, hopefully.
Grant Hanley, hopefully.
Lazaar, hopefully.

The rest wouldn't bother me if they stayed and added back up.
Saivet and Colback and also Gamez.

I'd like to see Sels deal become permanent at his loan club but then again I think we have more chance of signing Messi and Ronaldo on minimum wage than getting rid of this heap of absolute tripe.

TANYA_
28-08-2017, 01:09 PM
Note for P/borough who says Rafa can't shift them.Gone so far\Thauvin,Goufran,Anita,Rivière,De Jong,Sammyobi,plus 3 out on loan.Plus a couple more I can't remember.

i reckon we will see Krul, Lazaar, Gamez, Handley, Colback, Haidara, Saivet all leave by the time window closes.
maybe Mitrovic/Gayle but wont be priorities to leave though and will depend on cash.

The rest will have to rot in the reserves or move on

NorthernRock
28-08-2017, 04:02 PM
I reckon Krul, Lazaar, Hanley and Colback will all leave.

I actually wouldn't mind keeping hold of Saivet and Gamez, I think they've got something to offer the squad tbh.

Defo don't want to see Mitrovic go (minutes to goal ratio 16/17 is impressive) or Gayle unless we had someone special lined up, it just doesn't make sense at all.

I reckon we'll sign another 3 players and maybe get Kenedy on loan additionally.

Nephy
28-08-2017, 05:53 PM

Apparently De Jong is number four**** out the door!

I don't know how many deals we can realistically expect to get finished in the days left, but I expect at least three to five more gone. Lazaar, Hanley, Colback and Haidara don't seem to have a future at the club, so hopefully at least three of those will be gone. Surely some fizzy team want Hanley for a few mil? He can definitely do a job there.

I'd personally keep Krul and not bother with a new keeper unless we could get someone truly great, but it seems Rafa doesn't rate him at all. He could go regardless of whether we get another in.

If someone meets our asking price, I wouldn't be surprised to see Gayle or Mitro go.

Then there are the likes of Saivet and Gamez who might be allowed to stay as fringe players.

In the other direction, my heart says we need three quality signings, but head says realistically we'll get one or two more at the most. If two, one will be a loanee from Chelsea.

Jammy89
28-08-2017, 07:04 PM
I think Hanley, Lazaar, Haidara will be gone.

I think Krul will probably be gone but it may be a loan.

I hope that we shift Good and Colback as well. I could see Colback going last day of the window some Championship club deciding he's worth it.

Saivet. . . he's not be great and yet i can see him staying.

I also agree there is a good chance one of Gayle or Mitro will be gone as someone will meet our asking price for them.

tinostongue
28-08-2017, 09:52 PM
Its all well and good shifting these players out but will be able to replace them before deadline day? and will the replacements be any better.I hope we have players already lined up, if not then,we could be in trouble should we get a few injuries,suspensions,dangerous me we are playing.To leave it so late is absolutely pathetic imo

Zippity
28-08-2017, 10:12 PM
and will the replacements be any better.

Well in the case of Riviere, a half full jar of Nutella placed on the edge of the box would be an improvement.

Jammy89
28-08-2017, 10:28 PM
Well in the case of Riviere, a half full jar of Nutella placed on the edge of the box would be an improvement.

Or a beach ball ;) XD

Zippity
28-08-2017, 10:51 PM
Or a beach ball ;)

XDXD Aye, the mackems' next signing. :D

Jammy89
29-08-2017, 11:41 AM
Hanley close to finalising a move to Norwich apparently and Hull looking at loaning Colback.

pboromag
29-08-2017, 01:26 PM
hanley to norwich
colback to hull on loan i cant see the benefit of that .he would be ok for the bench unless rafa has anything better lined up on lower wages

lazar seems to be wanted by every man and his dog

hairdara going to a belgium

Jammy89
29-08-2017, 01:42 PM
Lazaar - main issue seems to be wages, the clubs that want him can't match his current wages but i think he'll take the hit to leave.

ghostrider
29-08-2017, 01:58 PM
It's looking pretty good the way we're offloading these players.
I reckon they'll be all gone by the transfer deadline, or as close to it to effectively leave us more balanced and allowing in two or three incoming players, possibly.

Just Gayle to go if all the rest of the players move as is mentioned.
As long as we get our money back for him, at the very least then it'll be a good deal as it appears clear that Rafa doesn't fancy him or doesn't trust him or finds him too weak to lead the line... whatever.

ghostrider
29-08-2017, 01:59 PM
Lazaar - main issue seems to be wages, the clubs that want him can't match his current wages but i think he'll take the hit to leave.

It seems that he's only on £9000 a week on a 5 year deal.

Jammy89
29-08-2017, 02:06 PM

Really. . . .I'd of thought it was more than that. Hopefully one of the clubs will come up with the wages so we can move him out.

On SSN that we've agreed a fee with Norwich for Hanley now. Hasn't said what, just that it's agreed, i'd think we want to recoup close to the £5 million we paid though. So he should be gone soon.

Nephy
29-08-2017, 07:17 PM

That sounds too low. Chronicle reckons £35k:

"The defender had been linked with a move to Napoli last year but any buying club would need to match his wages of £35,000 per week."

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/newcastle-uniteds-achraf-lazaar-admits-13026679

Nephy
29-08-2017, 07:22 PM
Lazaar was also on $28,000 (about £21K in today's money) at Palermo, according to this article HERE (https://medium.com/@braimoreira/11-brasileir%C3%A3o-stars-who-earn-more-than-italian-serie-a-players-82dd2e880132), so I doubt he'd have dropped to £9k for us.

Article (from 2015) also says 'both Monaco and Paris Saint-Germain tried to sign the young Moroccan left-back last transfer window, nearly doubling his market value.' Where did it all go wrong, eh? So strange that such a well-regarded player totally failed to make any impression here, especially as the LB slot was there for the taking :(

Jammy89
29-08-2017, 07:34 PM
£35k sounds more in line with what others have been paid.

ghostrider
30-08-2017, 06:02 AM
There's conflicting reports about his wages, so it could well be somewhere in between mine and the highest stated wage.