PDA

View Full Version : Loic Remy

Nephy
28-08-2017, 05:33 PM
Looks like we might sign him on loan. What do you folks feel about this? On the plus side first, his record is one of a proven PL goalscorer with lots of experience, something we're a bit lacking, and Rafa will know him from his Chelsea days. On the downside, he has screwed us more than once in the past and clearly has no love for the club beyond picking up a wage and being in the shop window. First, that QPR Playstation-related fiasco leading to him heading to London when he was meant to sign here. He played well when we eventually took him on loan from QPR and was a good replacement for Ba, but I remember some pretty unprofessional behaviour from him towards the end of that season before he joined Chelsea. Like Ba, he did pheck all after that and I remember feeling glad his career tailed off. Didn't he actually refuse to play towards the end of his time on loan with us? He's also now a few years older and injury-plagued. If we sell Gayle and don't sign a new number 9, I think I'd rather see Mitro given a chance than Remy brought in on loan.

waalsendmick
28-08-2017, 05:46 PM
if we sign Remy on loan, then we won't be signing kenedy

Cannylad
28-08-2017, 06:10 PM
It's a no from me, mainly because of his attitude. Great player when he felt like it but they were too few and far between, and let's face it, he screwed us royally when he was here. His type breed discontent in a team.

Nephy
28-08-2017, 06:26 PM
if we sign Remy on loan, then we won't be signing kenedy

I think we'll only get Kenedy is Ashley smells a chance to pick up a promising youngster who has fallen out of favour, after the lad's China faux pas. If he can agree a knockdown price, I can see us going for a loan now with option to buy, even if he isn't exactly what we need.

Thing is, Kenedy is mostly a left winger, and I think we need a good striker more than a winger. We have a decent set of wingers now - I'd rather see Aarons given a shot. Kenedy can allegedly do a job at left back, but it's not his natural position.

Question on the flipside, though... is Remy a good striker any more... answer is probably not :P

Jammy89
28-08-2017, 07:05 PM
He also barely played last season at Palace i believe?

Zippity
28-08-2017, 07:25 PM
Spent force and an utter ****er to boot. I'd be gutted if a mercenary like him came back.

sherwoodmag
28-08-2017, 07:31 PM
I think he could still get into double figures if he played regularly.Trouble is he could spoil a hard working squad.

toptoon
28-08-2017, 07:46 PM
IŽd take him if his attitude was right and if the deal is good for us.

Treat mercenaries in a mercenary way, IŽd say.