PDA

View Full Version : All things Hertz Away

64syrupofjarvie
29-08-2017, 07:21 AM
So what's happening ticket wise, will we sell the bottom tier and if so, will they open up the option of more tickets.....

KIWIRED
29-08-2017, 08:26 AM
Any idea how many tickets that gives us.
One ticket per account, at the moment

Personally, I can see around 5, 000 plus wanting tickets for this one

andoplzcumbak
29-08-2017, 08:50 AM
It's a shame don't return it, what with their poxy wee away support!

peter_ssb
29-08-2017, 08:58 AM
Any idea how many tickets that gives us.
One ticket per account, at the moment

Personally, I can see around 5, 000 plus wanting tickets for this one

4500 with option of 10,000 dependant on sales

Pacman1903
29-08-2017, 09:29 AM
I wonder if they will deploy a 4-6-0

Ajja
29-08-2017, 04:22 PM
Apparently they are keen on getting in some cash these days so I'm sure they'll bend over to accommodate as many of us as possible.

Should help pay for the seats they 'forgot to order'. Do you think they 'forgot' to order a manager too?

64syrupofjarvie
29-08-2017, 05:09 PM
Looks like they may be opening upper tier?

superdod
29-08-2017, 06:48 PM
As a Dons supporter living in Edinburgh, I have been registered on the Hearts ticket site for a number of years, where I have occasionally bought tickets for Hearts-Aberdeen games, when I could not get away tickets and also to get tickets for my Hearts-supporting brother-in-law, on his trips back from the USA.
I was therefore astonished today, to receive two free, unsolicited, tickets for the Hearts-Aberdeen match at Murrayfield on the 9th Sept.
There was no explanation about why they had been sent.
Are they trying to artificially boost the home support in the huge stadium?
I'm happy to take advantage of their gift, although it is hard to remain subdued when in the midst of opposition supporters!

Pacman1903
29-08-2017, 06:57 PM
I just saw Avril and Budgie on the pitch. There was no way that stand was going to be ready. Its lucky if its half built. Its a skeleton

Jupiter
29-08-2017, 09:13 PM
it could be a few months before it is finished, it's not just late because they forgot to order the seats

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DIZDYIZXcAEWt3S.jpg:large

sheepcrooky
29-08-2017, 09:22 PM
Anybody know of two seats on a bus for this? Was going to get tickets for me and the loon for this game and can't be bothered driving.

Feck_the_Huns
29-08-2017, 10:34 PM
it could be a few months before it is finished, it's not just late because they forgot to order the seats

Strange, strange way they have went about builidng this new stand. First of all, they started construction with the old one in place, and build behind and over the top of it. Usually you knock the old een doon first and start afresh, yeah?

And as you say, its not only the seats that they forgot to order, job only looks about 2/3rds complete, was never going to be ready by September.

And the construction company started work without the complete financial package being in place on day 1!!!

I'm no construction expert but I would think that even November is pretty unlikely, even the end of that month

Compliments the rest of the stadium but the new stand is not actually as big as I expected

fittiered
29-08-2017, 10:40 PM
I would of thot the concrete would of been complete ages ago. Surely thats the easiest and quickest part of the build!!

sheepcrooky
30-08-2017, 12:38 PM
Just popped down to Pittodrie for tickets. Only about 100 left, good effort. The boy on the counter said we would most probably get more once we sold that 100. Currently we are all in lower tier behind the goals. He reckoned if we got more tickets, they would be for the upper tier rather than spreading out to the sides.

afc1903mad
30-08-2017, 01:22 PM
Just popped down to Pittodrie for tickets. Only about 100 left, good effort. The boy on the counter said we would most probably get more once we sold that 100. Currently we are all in lower tier behind the goals. He reckoned if we got more tickets, they would be for the upper tier rather than spreading out to the sides.

Upper tier is open online, only 8 seats available in the lower tier
The sides will be used for segregation

sheepcrooky
30-08-2017, 02:32 PM
Upper tier is open online, only 8 seats available in the lower tier
The sides will be used for segregation

Bugger, should probably have waited as we are in row 3 from the front. Might have to take my binoculars.

slyfox
30-08-2017, 03:01 PM
Bugger, should probably have waited as we are in row 3 from the front. Might have to take my binoculars.

I wont know if i can go until the night before, wonder if there will be any cash gates.

Pacman1903
30-08-2017, 03:45 PM

Reason for delay. lego shortage

Hairdrier
30-08-2017, 09:31 PM
Well done to Hearts for redeveloping Tynecastle and not fannying about trying to build a new stadium in some godforsaken location.

B)

DonVincenzo (The II)
30-08-2017, 09:43 PM
Well done to Hearts for redeveloping Tynecastle and not fannying about trying to build a new stadium in some godforsaken location.

B)

oh FFS dry your eyes and keep to one thread.

Is it possible to have any thread on this forum without pittodrie being redeveloped being the talking point? :zzz:

64syrupofjarvie
30-08-2017, 10:35 PM
How about AFC take these lads to embra for the day....fair play peterheid fc!

Peterhead FC to host stranded Malaviya Seven sailors - http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-north-east-orkney-shetland-41095020

Mek
31-08-2017, 12:39 PM
oh FFS dry your eyes and keep to one thread.

Is it possible to have any thread on this forum without pittodrie being redeveloped being the talking point? :zzz:

Agreed.

Its becoming incredibly dull when the same people keep bringing up the new stadium in every other thread they can, even when its **** all to do with it.

Pacman1903
31-08-2017, 01:30 PM
How about AFC take these lads to embra for the day....fair play peterheid fc!

Peterhead FC to host stranded Malaviya Seven sailors - http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-north-east-orkney-shetland-41095020

Good on them

SIMBARED
31-08-2017, 03:24 PM
I reckon we may take down around 7 to 8 thousand for this one. Lets hope so anyhow.

Hairdrier
31-08-2017, 06:00 PM
I knew that would get a bite, a couple of tiddlers though.

Ajja
31-08-2017, 07:08 PM
It's probably already been discussed as its old news but there is no way Hearts forgot to order seats. A major construction project like that would be set out in clear detail with all materials being ordered as part of the overall project. It's pretty obvious that Hearts are having some cash flow challenges with the build and have stalled on paying the contractors. Budge was quick to come out and say it was no fault of the contractor. The contractor will not be allowed to come out publicly and reveal the truth about why the project has been delayed but they will have demanded that the club make it clear who was to blame. The idea that they forgot to order seats is a joke, it simply wouldn't happen.

kkong
01-09-2017, 11:09 AM
It's probably already been discussed as its old news but there is no way Hearts forgot to order seats.

Budge said:
So what went wrong? The club, quite simply, did not process the order for the seats in the required timescale to ensure delivery in line with our plan. Unfortunately, the supplier did not escalate this and as a consequence our production slot was missed and the required shipping dates could not be met. By the time this came to my attention, there was nothing that could be done to expedite delivery.

There's definitely something not quite right

A supplier won't "escalate" anything unless (1) they already have an order and (2) require clarification or confirmation of some details before starting production.

sheepcrooky
01-09-2017, 11:24 AM
Train booked to Haymarket and back. Sounds like we might get around 6,000 which will be fantastic. Think it will be a pretty **** atmosphere though given the size and acoustics of Murrayfield.

Hopefully keep up our good run both of recent games and against Hertz in general.

1-0 AFC McLean penalty.

Aldo1983
01-09-2017, 12:31 PM
Just got a ticket as I'm able to make it. There were only about 50 in total left for the top tier. Can't see us getting anymore.

Different stadium will make it interesting for both teams.

New manager won't make a difference to them since all the new signings were his players anyway.

Shin pads oot.

kkong
01-09-2017, 02:11 PM
Train booked to Haymarket and back.

Fancy your chances of getting a seat on those trains, do you?!

sheepcrooky
01-09-2017, 03:05 PM
Fancy your chances of getting a seat on those trains, do you?!

Train is booked. Would normally get on at Stonehaven, but getting on at Aberdeen to try and ensure two seats. Just got my fitba tickets through the post. Diagram on the back is Tynecastle, wtf is the point in that? Would have thought if they were hiring Murrayfield for the day, they could at least have got the SRU to print the tickets.

simarooskimoose
01-09-2017, 03:27 PM
Budge said:
So what went wrong? The club, quite simply, did not process the order for the seats in the required timescale to ensure delivery in line with our plan. Unfortunately, the supplier did not escalate this and as a consequence our production slot was missed and the required shipping dates could not be met. By the time this came to my attention, there was nothing that could be done to expedite delivery.

There's definitely something not quite right

A supplier won't "escalate" anything unless (1) they already have an order and (2) require clarification or confirmation of some details before starting production.

Story I heard was that they couldn't deal with the company that normally supplies fitba stadium seats in the UK, as they were one of their spurned creditors from their administration. Hence they ended up dealing with some company abroad and didn't get the deal done properly in time.

andoplzcumbak
01-09-2017, 03:45 PM
Story I heard was that they couldn't deal with the company that normally supplies fitba stadium seats in the UK, as they were one of their spurned creditors from their administration. Hence they ended up dealing with some company abroad and didn't get the deal done properly in time.

If true, that would amazing Karma.

sheepcrooky
01-09-2017, 04:00 PM
If true, that would amazing Karma.

Thing is, with the additional fans at our game (maybe 4,500 more than normal for us and probably 2,000 from them) plus any other games they switch to Murrayfield, they might be better off.

The novelty of playing at Murrayfield for a month or two might actually benefit them. I realise they will be paying SRU rent, but don't think they will lose out too much.

Ajja
01-09-2017, 10:12 PM
Problem for them is that Murrayfield will provide a lot of width and their full backs are rank. Could potentially be good for us if we use the width.

sheepcrooky
01-09-2017, 10:17 PM
Problem for them is that Murrayfield will provide a lot of width and their full backs are rank. Could potentially be good for us if we use the width.

Maybe last year agreed, but this test we enjoy a lot more possession with less pace.

Mr_Grieves
03-09-2017, 10:04 PM
Hopefully that cheating hunb*stard Lafferty will get heidbutted on Saturday -a real one this time.

Aldo1983
04-09-2017, 08:20 AM
Hopefully that cheating hunb*stard Lafferty will get heidbutted on Saturday -a real one this time.

By Cathro.

64syrupofjarvie
04-09-2017, 04:31 PM
Anyone able to see how many hearts have sold so far?

RedStarTorphins
05-09-2017, 02:46 PM
Saw a picture on Twitter of the goals up & the behind the goals stand.
The lower tier looks horribly flat?
Looks like a view you'd get at Hamdung!
Upper tier is the place to be.
Further back in lower might be ok, but down the front you'll see f*ck all.

sheepcrooky
05-09-2017, 05:07 PM
Agreed. I'm 3 rows from the front as I bought very late said we "might" get extra tickets. By the time I got back to work, they miraculously had the tickets and were selling them. I might try and see if I can sneak into the upper tier once the game has started.

Feck_the_Huns
07-09-2017, 09:28 AM
Was thinking of parking at Ingilston Park n Ride, then Tram to Murrayfield

Is there expected delays on the Queensferry crossing?

what about Newtonhill, still down to single lane?

Can't get away from Abz till 11am

Aldo1983
07-09-2017, 10:17 AM

It's a ****e souless stadium but to be fair I've only been there for a couple of gigs.

Rugby fans like it because they probably haven't experienced anything else other than having pool cues shoved up their arses as part of high jinx at the rugby club.

Probably.

Pacman1903
07-09-2017, 11:32 AM

11 you say, you will make it to the Horn for KO in that case

fatshaft
07-09-2017, 11:45 AM
11 you say, you will make it to the Horn for KO in that case

Awa min, it's Edinburgh nae manchester. We're leaving Danestone at 10am, I expect to be over the bonny new bridge by 12.30 at the latest

Pacman1903
07-09-2017, 11:48 AM
Awa min, it's Edinburgh nae manchester. We're leaving Danestone at 10am, I expect to be over the bonny new bridge by 12.30 at the latest

I was taking the piss out of the traffic Between Portlethen and Stonehaven. I took 4 and a half hours to get to Glasgow a few weeks ago. It was mind numbing

FTH you will be fine. I made it back to Meldrum from Stenhousemuir in 2hrs 20 last Sunday. Canna be much difference in distance. Granted there will be more traffic but I would guess you would make it

afc1903
07-09-2017, 12:46 PM

Im in the same boat, kids football on the Saturday morning. The tram journey is about 20 mins, will be fun getting a tram back, busy as feck

afc1903mad
07-09-2017, 06:25 PM
Agreed. I'm 3 rows from the front as I bought very late said we "might" get extra tickets. By the time I got back to work, they miraculously had the tickets and were selling them. I might try and see if I can sneak into the upper tier once the game has started.

Could you buy tickets upstairs and then cancel your tickets in the lower tier?
You'd lose your booking fee but may get better value.

Mind you there is only 12 seats left upstairs

afc1903mad
07-09-2017, 06:26 PM
Im in the same boat, kids football on the Saturday morning. The tram journey is about 20 mins, will be fun getting a tram back, busy as feck

Harlaw?

afc1903mad
07-09-2017, 06:43 PM
It's going to be a **** view.
They've not even centralised the pitch so we're further away from the actual pitch.

Pacman1903
07-09-2017, 07:11 PM
It's going to be a **** view.
They've not even centralised the pitch so we're further away from the actual pitch.

Clever ploy in my eyes

Jupiter
07-09-2017, 07:18 PM
That's a short looking pitch, they seem to have made it as small as possible to help Levein's hideous combination of bus parking and long ball hoofing.

kkong
07-09-2017, 07:20 PM

Getting a tram to Murrayfield is not a good idea... there is no direct route to North side turnstiles where we will enter.

Be nearly as quick walking from Haymarket.

Have a look on the map.

64syrupofjarvie
07-09-2017, 08:57 PM
26 left, likely sell them and offer a few of the higher up ones by phone only

Feck_the_Huns
08-09-2017, 10:04 AM
Harlaw?

Aye I'm there as well tomorrow.

Still in two minds about this, when is the deadline for buying tickets, 5.30 tonight?

Aldo1983
08-09-2017, 10:09 AM
7000 sold according to the club. I've a bad feeling though that we will end up dropping points.

Feck_the_Huns
08-09-2017, 10:10 AM
Getting a tram to Murrayfield is not a good idea... there is no direct route to North side turnstiles where we will enter.

Be nearly as quick walking from Haymarket.

Have a look on the map.

How's that, like? Even if the Tram stop is on the south side, why can't you walk round the stadium to the north side?

EDIT - Detour up Roseburn St, then Roseburn Crescent? 5 min detour on foot, surely?

fatshaft
08-09-2017, 10:22 AM
7000 sold according to the club. I've a bad feeling though that we will end up dropping points.

Kinda looking for help here too. Park at the Gyle and tram it doon was the idea, not seeing a better option?

Feck_the_Huns
08-09-2017, 10:48 AM
Kinda looking for help here too. Park at the Gyle and tram it doon was the idea, not seeing a better option?

From the AFC website:-

"Aberdeen fans are advised not to use the tram to travel all the way to BT Murrayfield as the associated tram stop is some distance from the away fans entrance.

Aberdeen fans who travel into Edinburgh city centre are encouraged to walk, take a taxi or a bus to get to the Murrayfield area where access to the north turnstiles can be gained.

Fans traveling by car or bus, should leave plenty of time for their journey."

Was kkong correctly pointed out, better staying on the Tram till the next stop at Haymarket, even though its geographically a lot further away

redrowie
08-09-2017, 11:38 AM

Use Lothian Buses. Buses 12, 26 and 31 go from Corstorphine to Murrayfield (and on into town centre). The 31 goes from the main road at Maybury (near The Gyle). £1.60 fare. Exact fare needed on bus.

Aldo1983
08-09-2017, 11:45 AM
I don't understand that why they are telling people to avoid the tram. I'm walking from Haymarket but the tram would be fine from either there or the Gyle.

redrowie
08-09-2017, 11:47 AM
I don't understand that why they are telling people to avoid the tram. I'm walking from Haymarket but the tram would be fine from either there or the Gyle.
The tram stop at Murrayfield is basically the jambo end. They are trying to keep fans apart I think.

Aldo1983
08-09-2017, 11:52 AM
The tram stop at Murrayfield is basically the jambo end. They are trying to keep fans apart I think.

That must be the one and only reason. It's definitely the quickest option.

Pacman1903
08-09-2017, 12:09 PM

To stop folk pavement dancing.

Does that even happen these days?

Feck_the_Huns
08-09-2017, 12:23 PM

Only if you want to.

Two tickets bought now, anyway. Will worry about the logistics of actually getting there on time later.

sheepcrooky
08-09-2017, 01:12 PM
Train arrives Haymarket at 1220, google says it is only a 20 minute walk to Murrayfield. No need for trams or buses and plenty of time for a spot of lunch before kick-off.

Feck_the_Huns
08-09-2017, 01:18 PM
Train arrives Haymarket at 1220, google says it is only a 20 minute walk to Murrayfield. No need for trams or buses and plenty of time for a spot of lunch before kick-off.

Aye thats fine if you bussing it or train-ing it but if you driving it, can you chance parking off Western Terrace/Corstorphine Rd? Murrayfield Terrace, for example?

2 or 3 golf courses in the area, might be worth firing in to one of their car parks?

InversneckieDob
08-09-2017, 01:18 PM

Pwopah nawteeeeee........

RedStarTorphins
08-09-2017, 01:24 PM
I think DM will start with this X1;

Lewis
Logan O'Connor Reynolds Considine
Tansey Shinnie
Christie McLean Wright
May

subs; Rogers, Arnason, Ball, Stewart, GMS, Maynard, Rooney

Prediction?
We'll be up against a fired up and physical diet huns, who'll be Levein-like and kick everything that moves.

Feck_the_Huns
08-09-2017, 01:36 PM
We'll be up against a fired up and physical diet huns, who'll be Levein-like and kick everything that moves.

That being the case, do you not think Del will sacrifice either McLean or Christie for Ball or Arnie?

RedStarTorphins
08-09-2017, 01:39 PM
That being the case, do you not think Del will sacrifice either McLean or Christie for Ball or Arnie?

Agree to an extent, but think he'll replace Stewart with Reynolds if you compare the starting X1 from Partick away with Hearts away
Just my thoughts, you may be right
And he NEVER drops McLean - he has a boner for him.

fatshaft
08-09-2017, 02:37 PM
HEARTS VS ABERDEEN FAN ADVICE

Just another friendly reminder to all fans attending the Hearts vs Aberdeen match at Murrayfield on Saturday that police will have an appropriate presence at the stadium to ensure alcohol, flares and fireworks are not brought into the stadium.

Please also remember that if you are considered to be too drunk, you will not be permitted entry to the match.

As we previously said, visiting fans should be aware that direct trains from Aberdeen to Edinburgh will stop at Haymarket train station. You should then make your way west along Haymarket Terrace and West Coates, onto Roseburn Terrace and Corstorphine Road towards the stadium.

Aberdeen supporters will be directed to the North turnstiles, next to Murrayfield ice rink.

Other trains from the north may stop at Edinburgh Gateway and fans can disembark here and take a tram to the Balgreen tram stop.

The Murrayfield and Roseburn areas are a ten-minute walk from this tram stop and there are a number of public houses and shops in this area.

We hope everyone has a great time and that football is the winner at the end of the day.

theram1975
08-09-2017, 02:43 PM
HEARTS VS ABERDEEN FAN ADVICE

Just another friendly reminder to all fans attending the Hearts vs Aberdeen match at Murrayfield on Saturday that police will have an appropriate presence at the stadium to ensure alcohol, flares and fireworks are not brought into the stadium.

Please also remember that if you are considered to be too drunk, you will not be permitted entry to the match.

As we previously said, visiting fans should be aware that direct trains from Aberdeen to Edinburgh will stop at Haymarket train station. You should then make your way west along Haymarket Terrace and West Coates, onto Roseburn Terrace and Corstorphine Road towards the stadium.

Aberdeen supporters will be directed to the North turnstiles, next to Murrayfield ice rink.

Other trains from the north may stop at Edinburgh Gateway and fans can disembark here and take a tram to the Balgreen tram stop.

The Murrayfield and Roseburn areas are a ten-minute walk from this tram stop and there are a number of public houses and shops in this area.

We hope everyone has a great time and that football is the winner at the end of the day.

Near the top is says if you are p1ssed your not getting in then further down it gives direction to the pub. :D

Aldo1983
08-09-2017, 02:56 PM
With Levein in charge for the "first" time, of a team of players he signed then I'd expect them to be typically hammer throwingesque and counter attacking. I'd prefer to see Arnason in to stop their ****e.

sheepcrooky
08-09-2017, 04:51 PM
Full replay of the game is on BBC Alba at 6pm tomorrow.

BorneoRed
08-09-2017, 11:00 PM

Aldo, have you ever predicted that we will win?

BorneoRed
08-09-2017, 11:03 PM
Full replay of the game is on BBC Alba at 6pm tomorrow.

Live on Redtv...ya dancer.

Redtothebone
08-09-2017, 11:44 PM

If you're going to be there on the Day ...you can buy me a beer FFS

Aldo1983
09-09-2017, 06:02 AM
Aldo, have you ever predicted that we will win?

When I did we didn't win.

Pacman1903
09-09-2017, 06:48 AM
Im going for a 0-0 today

InversneckieDob
09-09-2017, 08:01 AM
Im going for a 0-0 today

That's what I reckon.

Potter will have them set up for an eye-bleeding version of fitba and if we dinna score early everything will just get bedded in.

Mason89
09-09-2017, 08:05 AM
I'm going 1-0. Sh!te awful game, with them scoring off a poorly defended set piece.

COYFR!

Aldo1983
09-09-2017, 08:06 AM
That's what I reckon.

Potter will have them set up for an eye-bleeding version of fitba and if we dinna score early everything will just get bedded in.

I wonder if the different ground and pitch will stop them from doing that.

ByeByeScum2012
09-09-2017, 01:08 PM
Lewis
Logan O'Connor Ball Considine
Wright Shinnie Christie MacLean
Rooney May

4-4-2??

Or Rooney wide and the usual 4-2-3-1?

InversneckieDob
09-09-2017, 01:13 PM
3 at the back to match up with Potter's 5 in midfield?

Pacman1903
09-09-2017, 01:16 PM
Glad Wright keeps his place

fittiered
09-09-2017, 01:23 PM
This game on BBC alba at 6pm the nicht if anyone's interested!

mondo_notion
09-09-2017, 01:47 PM
Does the stream come up automatically just before kick off on Red TV once you log in? Or is there something I should be clicking on that I have missed?

EDIT: Just seen the banner saying they are having problems..... Nae doot.

Br0chred
09-09-2017, 02:18 PM
Does the stream come up automatically just before kick off on Red TV once you log in? Or is there something I should be clicking on that I have missed?

EDIT: Just seen the banner saying they are having problems..... Nae doot.

Audio working ok

mondo_notion
09-09-2017, 02:27 PM
Audio working ok

Mine freezes every now and again and I have to refresh it. Christ we can fly a robot to mars to take a few selfies yet we can't send a signal from bloomin Edinburgh.

At least it sounds like we are controlling the game.

Hairdrier
09-09-2017, 02:36 PM
Lewis doing well.

vinnydesalvo
09-09-2017, 03:20 PM
Lewis doing well.

Keeping us in the game. Poor start to 2nd half from us. Switch the satellite back off.

macattack
09-09-2017, 03:21 PM
Im going for a 0-0 today

You could well be right sounds like Lewis has kept us in the game :(

Hairdrier
09-09-2017, 03:24 PM
Hearts should be out of sight. No plan B?

bpdon
09-09-2017, 03:27 PM
Poor second half effort so far. Surely Deek must be thinking about a change.

vinnydesalvo
09-09-2017, 03:29 PM
Hope GMS doesn't have a big night planned after the cameo.

ByeByeScum2012
09-09-2017, 03:30 PM
Hearts should be out of sight. No plan B?

Finally changes coming. Maynard and GMS for Rooney and Wright.

Every time we phuck about with our system we struggle.

vinnydesalvo
09-09-2017, 03:31 PM
From the audio, we were well in it first half.

vinnydesalvo
09-09-2017, 03:32 PM
Goal for GMS and swim celebration urgently required.

ByeByeScum2012
09-09-2017, 03:35 PM
From the audio, we were well in it first half.

We're a better team though. Play our own game and system we're used to. Every time we try this 3 at the back Shiite we struggle

vinnydesalvo
09-09-2017, 03:40 PM
We've probably got the personnel to make a 3 at the back work now - if only we had training facilities to tweak it to perfection...

vinnydesalvo
09-09-2017, 03:42 PM
Stewart for McLean, surely Derek?

bpdon
09-09-2017, 03:42 PM
"That's slack from Kenny McLean"...... hearing that far too often in commentary this season.

vinnydesalvo
09-09-2017, 03:46 PM
"That's slack from Kenny McLean"...... hearing that far too often in commentary this season.

You get the impression we'll be hearing it a lot more post January and a Sevco penned deal.

Mason89
09-09-2017, 03:47 PM
We've probably got the personnel to make a 3 at the back work now - if only we had training facilities to tweak it to perfection...

:D

ByeByeScum2012
09-09-2017, 03:50 PM

Undroppable and unsubbable.

vinnydesalvo
09-09-2017, 03:54 PM
Thank fluck for Super Joe.

"Really poor from Kenny McLean" - Radio Scotland.

Hairdrier
09-09-2017, 03:55 PM
Dire - lucky to get a point.

vinnydesalvo
09-09-2017, 03:59 PM
Dire sounds about right.

InversneckieDob
09-09-2017, 04:12 PM

Joking aside, we certainly do have the personnel to make a back 3 work, yet he plays Shay as one of the three whereas he's made for a wing back role.

Ditto Shinnie on t'other flank.
But we seem to really miss Shinnie in centre mid when he ain't there.

Whisper i, but we're missing Jack or a Jack type player.

Widnae have the little rat b@stard back in a lucky bag, mind.

Jussi
09-09-2017, 04:13 PM
after seeing the radically different line up

everyone must have realized we would be crap

EintrachtFrankfurt
09-09-2017, 04:16 PM
Load of cack today, I would punt McLean next chance we get-waste of a red jersey.

rico94
09-09-2017, 04:21 PM
Load of cack today, I would punt McLean next chance we get-waste of a red jersey.

No chance in hell McLean is getting punted while McInnes is in charge,he is undroppable and will be allowed to run down his contract while playing every week.

Jussi
09-09-2017, 04:26 PM
This game on BBC alba at 6pm the nicht if anyone's interested!

shame it sounds like it's not worth watching.

Will have a look to see the different stadium , thanks.

Aldo1983
09-09-2017, 04:50 PM
To be fair McLean came closest to scoring today. When you play him out of position you won't get the best of him.

Ball and O'Connor looked good today, very confident at times. Unfortunately there was a couple of momemts of utter ****ery.

Lewis is our best player imo.

Levein as predicted played for a draw. They have decent players, classic Levein team though. He's everything that's wrong with life.

I'm not too disappointed with a draw.

InversneckieDob
09-09-2017, 05:06 PM
To be fair McLean came closest to scoring today. When you play him out of position you won't get the best of him.
......and his best position is Christie's best position.

ByeByeScum2012
09-09-2017, 05:08 PM
Ach overall 5 games in and 13 points is more than acceptable with 3 very winnable games coming up.

Play to our strengths and we should still be in a strong position going into a tough looking October.

Pacman1903
09-09-2017, 05:39 PM
7000 fans down and the novelty of it all meant it was destined to be a complete damp squib of a game. That's why I predicted 0-0

Still a decent start to the season mind you

hulldon
09-09-2017, 05:46 PM
Tuned into Alba having avoided the score ... was enjoying first 30 minutes where we were obviously the better team - clearcut penalty and red card after 2 minutes too. Then I accidentally spot the score and cannae believe it! But then we give them a sniff and big Joe pulls off a great save and ......
OK - move on, point gained away from home; 13/15; level on points with Dhims and not really played that well yet. Exciting times ahead with our attacking threat, and Ball looked OK and we might just sort the defence!
In Deek we trust!!

RedStarTorphins
09-09-2017, 05:56 PM
My random thoughts.

- we got lucky - dreadful 2nd half
- Lewis saved us big time
- looks like we were robbed of a pen, red card after 2 minutes?
- Christie is wasted wife right
- May & Rooney were pulling tractors
- DM was too slow in changing it 2nd half when we were clearly struggling
- not sure 2 up front worked today, overran in midfield?
- good point on the basis of the performance
- just as well we've had a kind run of fixtures as I don't think we've been good at all so far.
- Ball looked neat & tidy aside from gettting caught in possession & nearly costing a goal.
- we need to improve big time with the run of fixtures between now & end October.

Getintaethem
09-09-2017, 06:11 PM
He's everything that's wrong with life.

Just came off the phone after saying exactly that. He is like a throw back to the bad old days of Scottish football. I would really hate to be a Hearts supporter, no more so than today. Any time the opposition gets the ball in a promising area, hack them down. Everyone knows this will happen - ref only one that is blind to these tactics. SFA need to grow a pair of balls and stamp this out. Totally disrupted the flow of the game.

How this guy became Scotland manager tells you everything you need to know about the idiots running Scottish football.
I just hope he fails and other Chairman do not employ idiots like him or it will be "back to the future". If they do, Scottish Football is ****ed.

I would have far rather drawn at Partick and won today. At least Partick play football and have a manager you can respect. ****ing hate hearts and ****ing hate that old harry potter.

**** me, now I am even hating Lennon less than him. I now need to lie down in a dark room.

Getintaethem
09-09-2017, 06:15 PM
My random thoughts.

- we got lucky - dreadful 2nd half
- Lewis saved us big time
- looks like we were robbed of a pen, red card after 2 minutes?
- Christie is wasted wife right
- May & Rooney were pulling tractors
- DM was too slow in changing it 2nd half when we were clearly struggling
- not sure 2 up front worked today, overran in midfield?
- good point on the basis of the performance
- just as well we've had a kind run of fixtures as I don't think we've been good at all so far.
- Ball looked neat & tidy aside from gettting caught in possession & nearly costing a goal.
- we need to improve big time with the run of fixtures between now & end October.

Pretty much.

Reason Christie is wide right is Stewart is so left footed. Out of Hayes and McGinn we defo miss McGinn more.

We have been good in patches. Not for full 90 minutes. At least we did not concede.

stansmith
09-09-2017, 06:23 PM
I don't see many others thinking as I am that we've played very poorly every game so far this season and are only getting results from individuals saving us.

RedStarTorphins
09-09-2017, 06:28 PM
I don't see many others thinking as I am that we've played very poorly every game so far this season and are only getting results from individuals saving us.

Largely agree with you.
Ross County away aside, we've not played well.
Hamilton home - I cut them slack as it was just after Cyprus
Ross County away - played pretty well
Dundee home. Very lucky.
Partick away. Defended like amateurs
Today - Lewis saved us. Albeit the ref sh@t himself in not giving a pen & a red card?
Hamilton away in cup. Turgid but won.

Definitely need to up the standard hugely.

We look disjointed generally.

I don't think DM has a clue as to his best X1 to be honest.

Getintaethem
09-09-2017, 06:28 PM

very insightful from a non football supporter - especially after it has been the theme on here after every game... :zzz:

Pacman1903
09-09-2017, 06:29 PM

I agreeto an extent, Didnt deserve to win v Dundee, shipped three to a poor partick, drew with a poor farts. Hamilton i was offshore and dont know much about and Ross County we were the better team. Good start without playing well is the sign of a good team though. We will vet better. New squad

RedStarTorphins
09-09-2017, 06:31 PM
Pretty much.

Reason Christie is wide right is Stewart is so left footed. Out of Hayes and McGinn we defo miss McGinn more.

We have been good in patches. Not for full 90 minutes. At least we did not concede.

Christie is also very left footed too.
He needs to play as a "10".
He drifts in all the time when played wide.
Trouble with Stewart is he's similar and also he's as slow as a week in the jail.
We do miss NM & JH of that there's little doubt.

Getintaethem
09-09-2017, 06:37 PM

To be fair, he is testing things every game... like we say after every game - he should do this and that. He is trying things out in games against different opposition plus trying to gel the team plus trying to understand who is best to start etc. Our defence has been ropey and we cannot rely on our attacking options to win every game. Signing a central defender was a good move (however obvious). I think he made a mistake not signing a left back.

stansmith
09-09-2017, 06:37 PM
Largely agree with you.
Ross County away aside, we've not played well.
Hamilton home - I cut them slack as it was just after Cyprus
Ross County away - played pretty well
Dundee home. Very lucky.
Partick away. Defended like amateurs
Today - Lewis saved us. Albeit the ref sh@t himself in not giving a pen & a red card?
Hamilton away in cup. Turgid but won.

Definitely need to up the standard hugely.

We look disjointed generally.

County away aside perhaps.

We've not played well, had some strange tinkering and subs not happening, now one big shoehorn to fit the old guard in the side.

Getintaethem
09-09-2017, 06:46 PM
Trouble with Stewart is he's similar and also he's as slow as a week in the jail.

Christie needs to be played as a central attacking midfielder, absolutely. We are weaker on the right hand side of attack this season and I am not sure what the solution is. He has tried Christie but that is not the solution. It was worth a shot. Think DM wanted to try two strikers and May could not go out right and neither could Rooney.

The biggest question for me is will the attack gel at some point. If we keep changing things then that wont happen. DM needs to be ruthless. If Rooney only appears as a sub this season then so be it.

Getintaethem
09-09-2017, 06:47 PM
County away aside perhaps.

We've not played well, had some strange tinkering and subs not happening, now one big shoehorn to fit the old guard in the side.

what the hell do you mean "subs not happening"? who is the shoehorn?

stansmith
09-09-2017, 06:55 PM

Subs coming on too late. Arnason coming on too late when we were blatantly about to concede vs Limassol. Stockley staying on for the 2nd half of Limassol away. Tactics and positions not being changed when they clearly need changing, which stares you in the face if you actually have a clue what's happening on the pitch. Considine, Reynolds and Rooney are out of place in the type of team we're going for. I can't believe we never took any money offered for McLean.

Br0chred
09-09-2017, 07:00 PM
I would like to think that last season is an indicator of this one. Last season there was a lot of tombola-ing about but eventually Derek started to play a more settled side and we were better. Hopefully he will identify our best team soon.
Imho the wide men will be Stewart and Wright

Getintaethem
09-09-2017, 07:11 PM
Subs coming on too late. Arnason coming on too late when we were blatantly about to concede vs Limassol. Stockley staying on for the 2nd half of Limassol away. Tactics and positions not being changed when they clearly need changing, which stares you in the face if you actually have a clue what's happening on the pitch. Considine, Reynolds and Rooney are out of place in the type of team we're going for. I can't believe we never took any money offered for McLean.

It's like talking with a 5 year old whose Uncle took him to a game once but has no idea about football.

RedStarTorphins
09-09-2017, 07:12 PM
I would like to think that last season is an indicator of this one. Last season there was a lot of tombola-ing about but eventually Derek started to play a more settled side and we were better. Hopefully he will identify our best team soon.

It was Motherwell away at Fir Park on a Friday night.
Think we won 3-1?
He played his strongest X1 and kept that same team for about 6-7 games.
We won them all.

Trouble is he's no clue what that strongest X1 is.
To be honest I don't either.
For example any time Stewart comes off the bench I think he looks good, then he starts & looks sh1te.
GMS hasn't convinced.
Wright will be up & down (he was poor today).
IMO Christie needs to play "10" & May needs games at no 9 to get up to 100% fitness.
The wide players? Not sure.
Even in central defence & the two holding players in midfield, who do we pick?
And can someone explain to me the mystery of Kari Arnason? He must be looking absolute sh1te in training if Reynolds can get a game in front of him.

There are more questions than answers at the moment.

Getintaethem
09-09-2017, 07:15 PM

I hope so too...

re Stewart, we now miss a cross from wide areas on the right into the box or someone who will drive out right at pace. He will always go onto his left foot, so we become predictable.

stansmith
09-09-2017, 07:16 PM
It's like talking with a 5 year old whose Uncle took him to a game once but has no idea about football.

Stop boring us all to tears you mong. Tell us how well we played in the games then, where we clung on against 10 man Hamilton, stole a win against Dundee and conceded 3 to Partick.

Mason89
09-09-2017, 07:19 PM
Tactically, McInnes isn't great. He's not great at changing it during a match, not great at changing a game with subs & has on occasion, fannied about with a starting formation unnecessarily.

We do quite well in this league because our squad is better than anyone's in it apart from the mhanks.

stansmith
09-09-2017, 07:21 PM
Tactically, McInnes isn't great. He's not great at changing it during a match, not great at changing a game with subs & has on occasion, fannied about with a starting formation unnecessarily.

We do quite well in this league because our squad is better than anyone's in it apart from the mhanks.

Aye, it's obvious. Hence how often he gets schooled by Tommy Wright and his team of peanuts, and in QR3.

Getintaethem
09-09-2017, 07:23 PM
Stop boring us all to tears you mong. Tell us how well we played in the games then, where we clung on against 10 man Hamilton, stole a win against Dundee and conceded 3 to Partick.

ha ha, you have no idea about football and all you can do is resort to personal insults. typical.

I cannot wait until Kingsford gets the green light and you piss off out of here.

stansmith
09-09-2017, 07:26 PM
ha ha, you have no idea about football and all you can do is resort to personal insults. typical.

I cannot wait until Kingsford gets the green light and you piss off out of here.

You actually said the below.

What have you been watching and why are you the only one who disagrees with what I've said?

I see you couldn't answer what I asked. Did you watch those games?

Getintaethem
09-09-2017, 07:27 PM
Aye, it's obvious. Hence how often he gets schooled by Tommy Wright and his team of peanuts, and in QR3.

you are saying ST. J is a team of peanuts... hmm.

1) dumb 2) thick 3) blind 4) jackass 5) no knowledge of football 6) trying too hard to be perceived as someone that knows something about football... *

*delete as appropriate

Getintaethem
09-09-2017, 07:29 PM
You actually said the below.

What have you been watching and why are you the only one who disagrees with what I've said?

I see you couldn't answer what I asked. Did you watch those games?

you have problems... not knowing anything about football is one (but sadly not the worst)

stansmith

1) dumb 2) thick 3) blind 4) jackass 5) no knowledge of football 6) trying too hard to be perceived as someone that knows something about football... *

*delete as appropriate

He has the 3rd lowest budget in the league.

Do you disagree?

stansmith
you have problems... not knowing anything about football is one (but sadly not the worst)

Can you actually answer anything?

rico94
09-09-2017, 07:30 PM

I don't have a problem with McInnes changing the team all the time he is going to have to do that to keep everyone happy,my problem with him is he has got the best squad he has had in his time here but he is playing players out of position so he can keep McLean and Considine in the team.I don't mind if he wants to play those 2 but play them in their best positions,Considine at left back and McLean in the no 10 role.If he is gonna play McLean there don't play Christie wide he isn't a wide player and we have 3 players for that position.

Not sure if we are missing McGinn and Hayes that much if they were still here folk would still be moaning about them like they did when they were here.

Like I said I don't have a problem with DM chopping and changing the team he is on a hiding to nothing with that,he done the same thing last season and everyone moaned that he needed to pick his best team,then he picked the same team for 7 or 8 games in a row and everyone complained saying he needed to freshen the team so he will never win in that respect.

Last of all I can't see Arnason being here past January,it looks like this new boy Ball is ahead of him along with O'Conner,Reynolds and Considine for the centre back spots.God know why he signed him,if he even did.

Getintaethem
09-09-2017, 07:34 PM
He has the 3rd lowest budget in the league.

Do you disagree?

What is your point caller (reference to a football call in on radio) we know you have no idea what it is but google will be your one and only friend.

stansmith
09-09-2017, 07:38 PM
What is your point caller (reference to a football call in on radio) we know you have no idea what it is but google will be your one and only friend.

*delete as appropriate

Please tell me if you're mentally challenged because I feel bad if you are.

Getintaethem
09-09-2017, 07:38 PM
Can you actually answer anything?

eh? what the **** are you on about?

I am guessing a one bedroom bedsit in westhill or a three bedroom semi in westhill that you cannot open the bedroom door because of strange clinking on keys in the front room...

anyway, give us more of your football knowledge... Saturday night is charity night...

Getintaethem
09-09-2017, 07:40 PM
Please tell me if you're mentally challenged because I feel bad if you are.

remember 1 babycham good, 2 babyham bad.

just talk more football talk... it is a football forum after all. We need a laugh.

sincerely... please.... more football talk from Stansmith!!! PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE!!!!!!

stansmith
09-09-2017, 07:42 PM
Goodness me.

Getintaethem
09-09-2017, 07:47 PM
Goodness me.

Yep, he is a ficking idiot...oh wait that is you...

so, tell us what is the question you are so keen for me to answer?

plus, please talk more football.. it is really really great someone not having a clue about football talk football... It really makes your arguments about the Kingsford stadium more credible. Now is your chance to show everyone what a football brain you have (we will forget your last bland comments)... Go on, impress us.

Mason89
09-09-2017, 07:48 PM
It's happening again :D

Getintaethem
09-09-2017, 07:53 PM
unfortunately, all you have in life Mason is a forum where nobody takes you seriously. still 24K posts on a forum where nobody takes you seriously is some commitment. So respect is due. Sad but hey....

stansmith
09-09-2017, 07:54 PM
Yep, he is a ficking idiot...oh wait that is you...

so, tell us what is the question you are so keen for me to answer?

plus, please talk more football.. it is really really great someone not having a clue about football talk football... It really makes your arguments about the Kingsford stadium more credible. Now is your chance to show everyone what a football brain you have (we will forget your last bland comments)... Go on, impress us.

Talk to your GP.

McInnes can't change a game through sheer tactical knowledge. His subs are too late.

The end.

Getintaethem
09-09-2017, 08:00 PM
Talk to your GP.

McInnes can't change a game through sheer tactical knowledge. His subs are too late.

The end.

So you are now against our manager. I assume you are also against our Chairman. And against our stadium move.

Who else is against all three? That would be Mason. There is no coincidence that both of you are online at the same time.

RedStarTorphins
09-09-2017, 08:08 PM
I don't have a problem with McInnes changing the team all the time he is going to have to do that to keep everyone happy,my problem with him is he has got the best squad he has had in his time here but he is playing players out of position so he can keep McLean and Considine in the team.I don't mind if he wants to play those 2 but play them in their best positions,Considine at left back and McLean in the no 10 role.If he is gonna play McLean there don't play Christie wide he isn't a wide player and we have 3 players for that position.

Not sure if we are missing McGinn and Hayes that much if they were still here folk would still be moaning about them like they did when they were here.

Like I said I don't have a problem with DM chopping and changing the team he is on a hiding to nothing with that,he done the same thing last season and everyone moaned that he needed to pick his best team,then he picked the same team for 7 or 8 games in a row and everyone complained saying he needed to freshen the team so he will never win in that respect.

Last of all I can't see Arnason being here past January,it looks like this new boy Ball is ahead of him along with O'Conner,Reynolds and Considine for the centre back spots.God know why he signed him,if he even did.

I couldn't quite fathom the formation today.
Thought it was weird.
Ball seemed to float between defence and midfield
Sometimes it looked like a back 3, other times a four.
We just looked disjointed from minute 30-90.
As for Arnason totally agree, think he'll be free to go in January, especially when you see Ball come in & play right away.
Ffs even Reynolds is getting in before him.

Getintaethem
09-09-2017, 08:17 PM
There is no coincidence that both of you are online at the same time.

and pissed off at exactly the same time... hmmm.

rico94
09-09-2017, 08:36 PM
I couldn't quite fathom the formation today.
Thought it was weird.
Ball seemed to float between defence and midfield
Sometimes it looked like a back 3, other times a four.
We just looked disjointed from minute 30-90.
As for Arnason totally agree, think he'll be free to go in January, especially when you see Ball come in & play right away.
Ffs even Reynolds is getting in before him.

I couldn't make the game today,out of curiosity were May and Rooney up front or was one of them wide left?

RedStarTorphins
09-09-2017, 08:42 PM
I couldn't make the game today,out of curiosity were May and Rooney up front or was one of them wide left?

Both up front until about the last 10, then May was more wide left when it was clear we were happy with 0-0. (by this time Maynard was on up front).
Both were sh1te today.
May looks like someone who hasn't played much football lately & looks at about 75%

rico94
09-09-2017, 08:56 PM
Both up front until about the last 10, then May was more wide left when it was clear we were happy with 0-0. (by this time Maynard was on up front).
Both were sh1te today.
May looks like someone who hasn't played much football lately & looks at about 75%

Aye I thought May looked good in the Dundee game but apart from that he has been quiet,hopefully once he is 100% he will be back to his St Johnstone form.

Mason89
09-09-2017, 09:04 PM
unfortunately, all you have in life Mason is a forum where nobody takes you seriously. still 24K posts on a forum where nobody takes you seriously is some commitment. So respect is due. Sad but hey....

To be fair, I only have the one account.

Feck_the_Huns
09-09-2017, 09:25 PM

Same the exact same thing to my lad on leaving the game today, regarding NM and JH. Despite the fact that we are arguably stronger overall this season, those two would have torn Fartz a new one today. Don't know if it was the heat today but we looked slower than a week in Craiginches , very lethargic.

Totally bizzare line up. Looked to me we returned to a flat back four 2nd half, but the shape was still all wrong, and to see the whole team retreating to the half way line today for the last 15 mins was a kick in the balls to the 7000 fans who put up with massive traffic delays in Dundee and Queensferry, then had to watch that sh1te.

Nae Huns
09-09-2017, 09:35 PM
F@@k just logged on and it's like we are in Florida at the moment! We went to Edinburgh in a weird environment against a farts team that would have been trying like f@@k to impress there weirdo of a manager and we come away with a draw not playing well.canny really complain.have a beer and enjoy ur sat night

RedStarTorphins
09-09-2017, 09:46 PM
Same the exact same thing to my lad on leaving the game today, regarding NM and JH. Despite the fact that we are arguably stronger overall this season, those two would have torn Fartz a new one today. Don't know if it was the heat today but we looked slower than a week in Craiginches , very lethargic.

Totally bizzare line up. Looked to me we returned to a flat back four 2nd half, but the shape was still all wrong, and to see the whole team retreating to the half way line today for the last 15 mins was a kick in the balls to the 7000 fans who put up with massive traffic delays in Dundee and Queensferry, then had to watch that sh1te.

We had a good few players who looked off the pace & unfit.
May - understandably as not played much
Rooney - that invisible tractor he was pulling was heavy.
McLean - mr undroppable/unsubbable?

Like u say it was hard to fathom the formation or thought process in the 2nd half.

rico94
09-09-2017, 09:56 PM

Nae sure if that's entirely the case fth.McGinn and Hayes done well against fearts last season under Cathro but there was plenty of games against them where they were kicked off the park and accused of being poor by some on here.I suspect now Levein is in full control of them again the same tactic would have been used today if they were playing and they would have struggled.

InversneckieDob
09-09-2017, 10:53 PM
Only watched the first 8 minutes on Alba so far, Berra and Callachan should be off and we should have a pen.
Welcome back Potter
Incidentally, he looks less like Harry Potter nowadays, more like an ageing lecturer at a Midlands University with a drink problem and a questionable internet search history.

bigj
10-09-2017, 12:13 AM
Only watched the first 8 minutes on Alba so far, Berra and Callachan should be off and we should have a pen.
Welcome back Potter
Incidentally, he looks less like Harry Potter nowadays, more like an ageing lecturer at a Midlands University with a drink problem and a questionable internet search history.

Slightly off topic but a friend was sitting next to Duncan Shearer at a dinner and he was saying Levin was the dirtiest player he ever faced. Spitting; scratching etc

fairliered
10-09-2017, 02:53 AM
Bought Jakey Rowling's new book. Harry Potter and the hammer throwing thugs.

Getintaethem
10-09-2017, 05:59 AM
To be fair, I only have the one account.

that's one too many.

Mason89
10-09-2017, 06:28 AM
that's one too many.

Still on it eh?

Pacman1903
10-09-2017, 06:50 AM
Still on it eh?

Slightly off topic but a friend was sitting next to Duncan Shearer at a dinner and he was saying Levin was the dirtiest player he ever faced. Spitting; scratching etc

Knocking team mate Graeme Hogg oot with a punch

Mason89
10-09-2017, 06:54 AM
A lot of fans & older diet Hun bottling b'stards don't like Levein. The rumour is that in true Diet Hun bottling b'stard fashion, he sh@t it out the Dundee title decider.

Aldo1983
10-09-2017, 07:57 AM
Everything went through Christie today and they obviously picked up on it so shut him down meaning the whole team was shut down. DM has been good with subs this season but ****e with tactics at times.

My biggest gripe is throw ins. As soon as Logan or Considine pick up the ball, everyone else runs off like they are about to throw their own ****e.

We either lose possession or panic and launch it.

andoplzcumbak
10-09-2017, 09:01 AM
Welcome back Potter

Callaghan not even booked after putting Christie in the air, and two minutes later halfing Wright, this after 5 and a half minutes! Then after 10 minutes, Soutar was bizarrely booked for persistent team fouling? Is this a thing?
Another bizarre decision when the ref over ruled the linesmans corner for us, from 40 yards away! Then, after 20 minutes, Cowie tried 3 times, eventually bringing down Christie at edge of the box. As obvious a booking as you'll see, no booking! Thompson really is a prick!

rico94
10-09-2017, 09:04 AM
Welcome back Potter

According to the diet huns forum he has a drinking problem and is never out of the bookies.

andoplzcumbak
10-09-2017, 09:20 AM
Ok im watching this on red tv at the moment, callachan should have been booked after 5 and minutes, then on around 28 minutes he fouls someone, we get free kick, callachan kicks it away. No booking! WTF!

sheepcrooky
10-09-2017, 11:18 AM
Whisper i, but we're missing Jack or a Jack type player.

Widnae have the little rat b@stard back in a lucky bag, mind.

We've got one, Tansey. That sort of game was set up for him yesterday, bizarre he never got on.

InversneckieDob
10-09-2017, 11:57 AM
We've got one, Tansey. That sort of game was set up for him yesterday, bizarre he never got on.

Have to disagree.
From what I've seen of Tansey he's a different player to Jack, or at least a different player to what Jack was turned into.
I was well impressed with him at County, thought he was MoM, but he was breaking high,playing passes and making angles higher up.

Mr_Grieves
10-09-2017, 01:41 PM
We're at our best when Wright and Christie get the ball at their feet and take on defences like we did for spells in the 1st half so fvck knows why we resorted to lumping it up to Rooney.

Having everyone back for corner is something else I can't fathom out either.

It looked like we had a decent penalty claim in the 1st half - difficult to tell for sure being sat so far way from it.

Mason89
10-09-2017, 01:51 PM
Having everyone back for corner is something else I can't fathom out either.

It's about having more of our players in the box than theirs. That's as far as the preparation goes. Doesn't matter who's marking who, who's on the posts or if there's any plan for an out ball. It's not something we need a state of the art training complex to work on.

It's absolute insanity & a gift to the opposition

Aldo1983
10-09-2017, 01:57 PM
It's about having more of our players in the box than theirs. That's as far as the preparation goes. Doesn't matter who's marking who, who's on the posts or if there's any plan for an out ball. It's not something we need a state of the art training complex to work on.

It's absolute insanity & a gift to the opposition

Hearts were doing the same yesterday.

Mason89
10-09-2017, 02:09 PM
Hearts were doing the same yesterday.

They all get their badges at the same place

leontrotsky
10-09-2017, 02:50 PM
****ing shocking performance.....

sheepcrooky
10-09-2017, 03:07 PM

It wasn't great, but it was far from shocking. Should definitely had a penalty in the 2nd or 3rd minute when Rooney is pulled back in the box. Without getting pulled back, he would have easily put the chance away. If the gutless Thompson had managed to get that decision correct, game completely changes.
We were poor in the second half and without a doubt, Joe Lewis kept us in the game, but to be fair, that is his job.

Equal top after 5 games, I think we would have all taken that. However, I think we all agree we have not played well yet and our 13 points could easily have been a few less.

In comparison to last year when our starting XI was pretty much nailed on every week, we are blending new players in and still searching for our best XI. I personally would play Tansey or Arnason to give us a bit more steel in midfield, but recognise that would mean dropping McLean which seems unlikely.

RED_JOHN
10-09-2017, 03:26 PM

It certainly wasn't the best... Joe Lewis made sure we came away with a point. I never used to like Shinnie, Jack and McLean all in the one team together as McInnes likes them to sit deeper and used to counter...Shinnie, Ball and McLean playing all at the one time is very similar and holds us back also. Shinnie should be playing as he is a great player but McInnes should be making a sacrifice between Ball and McLean as we don't need another 2 deep lying midfielders.

GlezgaRed
10-09-2017, 06:31 PM
Very disappointed with how the game went yesterday, strange set-up and as the game developed McInnes did his usual to help the team on the pitch.....feck all, no subs until they couldn't really contribute to the game overall !!!
Don't know why we didn't go with our standard formation yesterday, was he trying to combat/match up to Hertz ?
The pitch certainly wasn't the same dimensions as Tynecastle, it looked bigger than Hampden and no wonder a few players were getting cramp towards the end of the game.

What has happened to Rooney in 2017, he has been abysmal since the turn of the year.

Feck_the_Huns
10-09-2017, 06:51 PM
Yesterday summed up why we are the summit of McInnes's career. He might get a better club than AFC sometime soonish but I doubt he will make a decent fist of it.

I'm all for squad rotation - but you stick with the same system, and just slide players in and out of that system. Yesterday was just a complete mish mash, can somebody explain to a football luddite like me what the system actually was? F.ucked if I know.

0-0 is never a bad result against Fartz; Tynie, Murrayfield, even with them in dissarray. But, we made them look good yesterday which they aren't, and they should have had us well beaten. And, quite alarmed at McInnes's post match comments that "if there was going to be a winner, it was going to be Hearts" or something along those lines - Some kind of justification for the players retreating to the half way line for the last 15 mins. Was that an admission that he f.ucked up?

Did Arnie warm up yesterday, in front of the away end? Never saw him....

rico94
10-09-2017, 07:09 PM
Just watched the highlights,Lewis bailed our defence out so many times.The one where Ball gave away possession and their number 77 was allowed to run at our goal while Considine jogged beside him was embarrassing.

Arnason must be raging being an international defender sitting on the bench watching that sort of calamity defending.

Feck_the_Huns
10-09-2017, 07:14 PM
Just watched the highlights,Lewis bailed our defence out so many times.The one where Ball gave away possession and their number 77 was allowed to run at our goal while Considine jogged beside him was embarrassing.

Arnason must be raging being an international defender sitting on the bench watching that sort of calamity defending.

McInnes was not happy on thursday night when I asked him why Arnie is not starting - he accused me of suggesting there was something sinister going on. Clearly rattled by my line of questioning. Simple question which deserved a simple answer, other than "he ain't fit."

Just tell us, Derek

kkong
10-09-2017, 07:16 PM
The pitch certainly wasn't the same dimensions as Tynecastle, it looked bigger than Hampden

The pitch was smaller than the standard of 105 x 68m (no top level pitch is Scotland is bigger than this).

I would suggest the pitch was Tynecastle size in order to ensure that there was no disadvantage to the 3 opponents who play there as opposed to Tynescastle.

Certainly it was not as long as 105m.

Area of grass surface does not have any bearing on pitch dimensions!

rico94
10-09-2017, 07:34 PM
McInnes was not happy on thursday night when I asked him why Arnie is not starting - he accused me of suggesting there was something sinister going on. Clearly rattled by my line of questioning. Simple question which deserved a simple answer, other than "he ain't fit."

Just tell us, Derek

Interesting,the more this goes on it looks like he was signed by someone other than McInnes and he is being stubborn in not playing him to prove a point.The fitness thing is shyte he played for Iceland last week plus if he was unfit McInnes would have him playing u20 games to get him up to speed but hasn't.

GlezgaRed
10-09-2017, 07:38 PM
The pitch was smaller than the standard of 105 x 68m (no top level pitch is Scotland is bigger than this).

I would suggest the pitch was Tynecastle size in order to ensure that there was no disadvantage to the 3 opponents who play there as opposed to Tynescastle.

Certainly it was not as long as 105m.

Area of grass surface does not have any bearing on pitch dimensions!

I'd be astonished if that pitch is the same dimensions as Tynecastle, the first thing we noticed was the distance from the 18 yard box to the touchline.....looked to be the best part of 20 yards in distance.
Could easily be an illusion as we were so far away from the pitch in the top tier but when at Tynecastle you're right on top of the pitch !!!

Pacman1903
10-09-2017, 07:46 PM
Interesting,the more this goes on it looks like he was signed by someone other than McInnes and he is being stubborn in not playing him to prove a point.The fitness thing is shyte he played for Iceland last week plus if he was unfit McInnes would have him playing u20 games to get him up to speed but hasn't.

Maybe Arnason shagged Ash Taylors missus

kkong
10-09-2017, 07:50 PM
I'd be astonished if that pitch is the same dimensions as Tynecastle, the first thing we noticed was the distance from the 18 yard box to the touchline.....looked to be the best part of 20 yards in distance.
Could easily be an illusion as we were so far away from the pitch in the top tier but when at Tynecastle you're right on top of the pitch !!!

From goalpost to edge of the box is 18 yards, this we can agree as it's a standard dimension. ;)

From the photo below, the distance from edge of box to touchline is clearly much less than 18 yards.

If it was 12 yards, that would give a pitch width of 68 yards (12+18+8+18+12).

68 yards = 62.2m. Tynecastle is 64m wide.

https://i.imgur.com/cS0gMwv.jpg

rico94
10-09-2017, 07:55 PM
Maybe Arnason shagged Ash Taylors missus

XD aye maybe.

Speaking of Ash Taylor I see he got player of the month for Northampton,they must be shyte.

stansmith
10-09-2017, 11:56 PM

Just tell us, Derek

Interesting. Clearly one stubborn *******.

What were his exact words?

Amazingly he even seemed to allude to your question after the game and said the defence had been unfairly criticised, right after a game that would have been 4-0 if not for the goalkeeper.

There are times he is obviously deluded.

ragnarok
11-09-2017, 05:20 AM
I have only seen the highlights but it looked as though we were being overrun in midfield in the 2nd half. Reminded me a bit of the first h*ns game last season.

13 out of 15 is a decent start albeit our fixture list has been somewhat soft. Having too many attacking options is a nice problem to have but the potential issue is trying to shoehorn every player into the team. DM may have to operate a rotation policy, which isn't necessarily a bad idea given that his sides have tended to suffer from burnout (last season excepted).

H*ns seem to be hitting a bit of form now...the first game against them will be massive.

vinnydesalvo
11-09-2017, 06:12 AM
Just watched highlights. Looking for vast improvement in the Killie/Murderwell games to lend confidence for a tough October. Very fortunate to have Super Joe on our books.

Getintaethem
11-09-2017, 06:55 AM
There are times he is obviously deluded.

said without the slightest hint of irony.

stansmith
11-09-2017, 07:18 AM
said without the slightest hint of irony.

Did you get your personal issues sorted out?

Mason89
11-09-2017, 07:52 AM
Can't see Arnason agreeing to come here as a back up centre half.

RedStarTorphins
11-09-2017, 10:10 AM
Just watched highlights. Looking for vast improvement in the Killie/Murderwell games to lend confidence for a tough October. Very fortunate to have Super Joe on our books.

There will need to be a massive improvement in performances.
After Killie at home, we have two difficult trips to Motherwell in 3 days, then the 4 games against the best 4 teams in the country

I'd say we've been pretty poor in all the games this season aside from a good hour at Ross County away.

Play like we have been and we could be out of the League Cup and have dropped a good few points in the league come the end of October.

No more faffing around with a tombola formation like Saturday
The Sportscene graphic of the formation wasn't far from the truth
Looked like a 2-1-3-1-1-2 FFS :-)

RedStarTorphins
11-09-2017, 10:10 AM
Can't see Arnason agreeing to come here as a back up centre half.

It's a bit of a strange one
Wouldn't be surprised to see him leaving in January

Jussi
11-09-2017, 11:41 AM
we should be playing lot better passing wise & tactically with the squad we have.

I put that down to bad management.

It's obvious McInnes & Arne are at odds over something or other... IMO

The hearts player breezed by Considine to hit the underside of the bar, he would have been blocked by Kari.

I agree we have been poorer than we should be all along this season - so far.

I hear Palace are after a Scottish manager this time.

Feck_the_Huns
11-09-2017, 11:51 AM
After Killie at home, we have two difficult trips to Motherwell in 3 days, then the 4 games against the best 4 teams in the country

I'd say we've been pretty poor in all the games this season aside from a good hour at Ross County away.

Play like we have been and we could be out of the League Cup and have dropped a good few points in the league come the end of October.

I haven't yet seen Sportscene but will do so tonight, will be interesting to hear what the guys thought of our line up. We defo started off with some kind of 2 man back line, Consi and AOC, with Logan pushed slightly further forward on the right, Ball in the middle, and nobody in the left defensive area, which meant that Scott Wright was getting pulled far too far back on the left wing, to cover. He was beating 3 or 4 players but still miles from the byeline.

Could just about accept a convoluted line up when playing at Parkhead, but against that shower on saturday? Massive error of judgement, on a par with the League Cup final strategy.

Feck_the_Huns
11-09-2017, 11:55 AM

Woy Hodgson

InversneckieDob
11-09-2017, 11:55 AM
Del seems to do that when he goes 3 back (or 2) he pulls one of the creative boys deep on the flank.

DollyLongstaffe
11-09-2017, 02:33 PM
we should be playing lot better passing wise & tactically with the squad we have.

The hearts player breezed by Considine to hit the underside of the bar, he would have been blocked by Kari.

My guess is Deek has been sold a pup with Arnason.

I've been consistent on this as previous posts will testify. When we were first rumoured to be interested I didn't want him here, when we did sign him I said I thought it was a mistake, when he didn't feature early I predicted we'd see little of him on the park. All with the acknowledgement that I'd be absolutely bloody delighted to be proved wrong, because I think our defence is weak.

Everything I've seen of Arnason, including interviews etc, makes me think he's an unusual personality for a footballer. His first thought is to look after number 1, and I've a sneaking admiration for how completely open he is about that. He has enormous confidence in himself and his opinions. He's not a guy who's a team player or will easily be told what to do.

Last time he was here, we signed him after an injury. Once he proved his fitness he indicated he was happy to stay here, if we could match what he could earn elsewhere. That put him well outside our budget, so the answer was no. From that point on, first he was completely open about his intention to leave, and second he stopped putting in the same level of effort. There was still about half the season to go.

He was entitled to leave for more money. What he wasn't entitled to do was go through the motions for the rest of his contract. We might have been paying him less than his market rate, but we took a punt on a guy with a history of injuries and rehabilitated him. He signed a season long contract voluntarily and we were paying him. We should have got 100%. He had a good first half to the season here, but why he remained a favourite with many fans by the end of the season is a mystery to me. He used us.

He mainly played as a defensive midfielder here. On the few occasions he played in central defence, usually as cover for guys injured or suspended, he did not look robust enough to be a good central defender in the SPL.

I'm not saying he wasn't good player in his day. At his peak he'd walk into our side and improve it. But he already looked like injuries had taken the edge off in 2011 and he's now 34.

Folk point to his being an international. I remember when Scotland had a better international side, we had some proper international class players. But we are a wee country and even when we were relatively good, our weaker players really were weak. Some real dross got caps. And experienced international players often continued to get picked long after they were past their best. Denis Law, for example, got picked when you could almost hear his bones creaking. Hard to leave out a legend when your pool of quality isn't deep. I'm not surprised Arnason is getting picked by Iceland, I just don't think it means he's still a good player.

As for the constant casting up of the England game, every time a minnow team gets a result that exceeds their wildest dreams you have a team full of heroes. It doesn't suddenly mean they are all better players than they were at the start of the game.

Then there's the manner of his departure from Cyprus. He played 8 games there. By his own testimony the football standards there compare favourably to most of the SPL and wages are higher than in Scotland. Why so anxious to come here? In interviews he implied it was because of affection for the club But he was here for one season and had indicated his intention to leave after about 2 or 3 months here. It never seemed to stack up.

My guess is he'd realised he could no longer cut it in Cyprus and found a club willing to buy out his contract and give him one final pay day. The legs are gone. In the one game he started here he was absolutely abysmal. Folk who thought he wasn't all that bad or no worse than what we've got either weren't paying attention or were watching through rose tinted spectacles.

He may have fallen out with Deek. Both guys have the personality for it, especially Arnason. But if Deek's lost his rag my guess is that it's because he's worked out he's been taken for a chump. If there's criticism to be make of Deek it's not that he's fallen out with the player but because he didn't do the necessary work to establish that he was still capable of doing a job at Aberdeen.

As I've said before, love to be proved wrong and have a classy Arnason doing a great job for us in central defence by Christmas. I just think it's far likelier his contract will have been terminated and he's back in Iceland with his feet up.

rico94
11-09-2017, 02:38 PM

DM in the local rag today praising the defence on their performance on Saturday and thinks they have been harshly criticized this season, slightly deluded I think.

When we face the cheeks and Hibs in October there is a good chance that defence is going to fall to pieces like they did against the cheeks at the end of last season when they conceded 3 quick goals in both games.

rico94
11-09-2017, 02:44 PM
My guess is Deek has been sold a pup with Arnason.

I've been consistent on this as previous posts will testify. When we were first rumoured to be interested I didn't want him here, when we did sign him I said I thought it was a mistake, when he didn't feature early I predicted we'd see little of him on the park. All with the acknowledgement that I'd be absolutely bloody delighted to be proved wrong, because I think our defence is weak.

Everything I've seen of Arnason, including interviews etc, makes me think he's an unusual personality for a footballer. His first thought is to look after number 1, and I've a sneaking admiration for how completely open he is about that. He has enormous confidence in himself and his opinions. He's not a guy who's a team player or will easily be told what to do.

Last time he was here, we signed him after an injury. Once he proved his fitness he indicated he was happy to stay here, if we could match what he could earn elsewhere. That put him well outside our budget, so the answer was no. From that point on, first he was completely open about his intention to leave, and second he stopped putting in the same level of effort. There was still about half the season to go.

He was entitled to leave for more money. What he wasn't entitled to do was go through the motions for the rest of his contract. We might have been paying him less than his market rate, but we took a punt on a guy with a history of injuries and rehabilitated him. He signed a season long contract voluntarily and we were paying him. We should have got 100%. He had a good first half to the season here, but why he remained a favourite with many fans by the end of the season is a mystery to me. He used us.

He mainly played as a defensive midfielder here. On the few occasions he played in central defence, usually as cover for guys injured or suspended, he did not look robust enough to be a good central defender in the SPL.

I'm not saying he wasn't good player in his day. At his peak he'd walk into our side and improve it. But he already looked like injuries had taken the edge off in 2011 and he's now 34.

Folk point to his being an international. I remember when Scotland had a better international side, we had some proper international class players. But we are a wee country and even when we were relatively good, our weaker players really were weak. Some real dross got caps. And experienced international players often continued to get picked long after they were past their best. Denis Law, for example, got picked when you could almost hear his bones creaking. Hard to leave out a legend when your pool of quality isn't deep. I'm not surprised Arnason is getting picked by Iceland, I just don't think it means he's still a good player.

As for the constant casting up of the England game, every time a minnow team gets a result that exceeds their wildest dreams you have a team full of heroes. It doesn't suddenly mean they are all better players than they were at the start of the game.

Then there's the manner of his departure from Cyprus. He played 8 games there. By his own testimony the football standards there compare favourably to most of the SPL and wages are higher than in Scotland. Why so anxious to come here? In interviews he implied it was because of affection for the club But he was here for one season and had indicated his intention to leave after about 2 or 3 months here. It never seemed to stack up.

My guess is he'd realised he could no longer cut it in Cyprus and found a club willing to buy out his contract and give him one final pay day. The legs are gone. In the one game he started here he was absolutely abysmal. Folk who thought he wasn't all that bad or no worse than what we've got either weren't paying attention or were watching through rose tinted spectacles.

He may have fallen out with Deek. Both guys have the personality for it, especially Arnason. But if Deek's lost his rag my guess is that it's because he's worked out he's been taken for a chump. If there's criticism to be make of Deek it's not that he's fallen out with the player but because he didn't do the necessary work to establish that he was still capable of doing a job at Aberdeen.

As I've said before, love to be proved wrong and have a classy Arnason doing a great job for us in central defence by Christmas. I just think it's far likelier his contract will have been terminated and he's back in Iceland with his feet up.

Jesus what a load of pysh, how long did it take you to write that. You should have just said that you are not a fan of Arnason.

The bottom line is he is better than the other centre backs we have at the club so he should be playing, folk keep going on about him being abysmal in the Hamilton game when he was no worse than the other defenders have been this season but get constantly picked.

DollyLongstaffe
11-09-2017, 02:54 PM
Jesus what a load of pysh, how long did it take you to write that. You should have just said that you are not a fan of Arnason.

The bottom line is he is better than the other centre backs we have at the club so he should be playing, folk keep going on about him being abysmal in the Hamilton game when he was no worse than the other defenders have been this season but get constantly picked.

What's your evidence that he's better than other centre backs at the club at this point in time? The guy who's been our best manager in decades, who sees him in training every day, and who put Ball straight into the side on Saturday doesn't seem to think so.

As for his performance against Hamilton, I can't disprove your contention that he was no worse than our other defenders, but a/ I thought he was utterly abysmal and b/ I don't think it's a coincidence we've never seen him since.

Jussi
11-09-2017, 03:57 PM

That's a very lot of speculation , unless you're in the know.

If it's the case, why have him on the bench !
If all that you say is true & McInnes places him on the bench, then our manager is a phony.

He should be given a chance.

rico94
11-09-2017, 04:03 PM
What's your evidence that he's better than other centre backs at the club at this point in time? The guy who's been our best manager in decades, who sees him in training every day, and who put Ball straight into the side on Saturday doesn't seem to think so.

As for his performance against Hamilton, I can't disprove your contention that he was no worse than our other defenders, but a/ I thought he was utterly abysmal and b/ I don't think it's a coincidence we've never seen him since.

How was his performance utterly abysmal against Hamilton?He made a few misplaced passes but we never looked like conceding when he was on the pitch,once Reynolds replaced him they nearly scored twice and the defence looked dodgy.

Reynolds looks short in confidence and makes the defence look nervy when he is in it.

When Considine played in the centre against Partick we conceded 3 goals,by the highlights from Saturday we could have conceded more if it wasn't for Lewis.

O'Conner has looked good this season but he looked good last season against the diddy teams,we will see how he looks next month against the cheeks.I have a feeling I know what will happen.

I haven't seen Ball yet but if he can't get a game for Rotherham in league 2 he can't be anything special.

I would hardly say Arnason is finished and came here for a pay day,he was playing in the Euros last year not 5 years ago.Plus I would imagine he will be wanting to keep his place in the squad considering they have a chance of getting to the World Cup next year so won't want to hang around here if he isn't playing.

To be honest I wasn't that bothered about signing Arnason but he is here now so play him,I don't see the point in paying 90k to get him out of his contract to have him sit on the bench.If McInnes didn't want him he should have signed a defender he would be willing to play instead of going with the same defenders from last year who struggled against the Tims and any team who is half decent in attack.

DollyLongstaffe
11-09-2017, 05:38 PM
That's a very lot of speculation , unless you're in the know.

If it's the case, why have him on the bench !
If all that you say is true & McInnes places him on the bench, then our manager is a phony.

He should be given a chance.

I'm not denying it's speculative. I look at the fact pattern and am suggesting what seems most plausible to me, but I've never doubted I could be wrong. "Not match fit" sounded far fetched to me from the off (players don't get that out of condition in a short close season nowadays) and it must be starting to sound far fetched even to folk who assumed that was the explanation for his non-appearances a few weeks ago.

One thing I would say, though, is that I was saying exactly this same before the season started when most people were assuming Arnason would be straight into the side and adding a touch of class to our defence. At the very least my "speculation" looks a lot more solid now than it did then.

As for him being on the bench - even if his legs are gone Deek might see him as better emergency cover than a green kid. I'm not saying he can no longer kick a ball, I'm just suggesting he may no longer be good enough to get in the side on merit. If anything his appearance on the bench strengthens my argument, because it suggests the reason he's not being picked is not a complete breakdown of his relations with the manager (as some have inferred).

Deek sanctioned buying out his contract and paying him a wage to brink him here. It's an embarrassing reflection on his judgement if he doesn't play. I don't believe he is leaving him out for any reason than he thinks the team would be weaker with him in it.

However he might yet get picked, and if he does I hope he plays well and proves me wrong. I'd much rather we have signed a good player than be right about this. I'll just be surprised.

stansmith
11-09-2017, 05:54 PM

Flipping heck.

Did you watch Finland - Iceland? Arnason wins headers. He doesn't get caught miles out of position. He actually duffed the ball once like he did in the Hamilton game but made countless successful passes. The defence was settled and he was playing against good players. The guy who replaced him for the Ukraine game looks like a better young player and plays for Rostov.

Every version of what McInnes is putting out is a fvcking shambles and it's obviously because Arnason is miffed at not playing. He needs played, it's as simple as that.

Aldo1983
11-09-2017, 06:15 PM
It was odd when we signed him, according to him Aberdeen put the feelers out and then bought him out of his contract. The club never said otherwise.

McInnes has never worked with Arnason, McInnes never signs foreigners, he was only here the one season.

I get the impression he put the feelers out and probably paid up his own contract with the support of the board.

Interesting that he played against Finland and not the following game.

There's definitely something up. I hope he does play again but I can see him gone by Christmas.

andoplzcumbak
11-09-2017, 08:09 PM

Consi was caught flat footed, was too square on to the Hearts boy when it was obvious he was gonna run at him! There was also a time when KM ran in too fast to a challenge, the boy just side stepped and KM went past him! Joe won't be able to save us every week, so I hope tae f*ck the defence and rest of the team up their defensive side of the game!