PDA

View Full Version : ot Leveins signings

stokearab
29-08-2017, 08:59 AM
Any chance someone could list his signings for us?

Daly9
29-08-2017, 12:18 PM
Gomis
Dillon
Daly
Zaluska
Flood (loan)
Dods
Buaben
Szamo
Jordan Robertson (loan)
Swanson
Grainger
Odhiambo (loan)
Kovacevic
De Vries
Jim O' Brien (loan)
Kemoko Camara
Kevin Smith
Dixon
Robertson
Feeney (loan)
O' Donovan (loan)
Wesolowski (loan)
Shala
McGovern
Sandaza
Banks
Cadamarteri
Myrie-Williams
Webster (loan)
Weaver
Casalinuovo
Fotheringham
Pernis

stokearab
29-08-2017, 12:44 PM
Gomis
Dillon
Daly
Zaluska
Flood (loan)
Dods
Buaben
Szamo
Jordan Robertson (loan)
Swanson
Grainger
Odhiambo (loan)
Kovacevic
De Vries
Jim O' Brien (loan)
Kemoko Camara
Kevin Smith
Dixon
Robertson
Feeney (loan)
O' Donovan (loan)
Wesolowski (loan)
Shala
McGovern
Sandaza
Banks
Cadamarteri
Myrie-Williams
Webster (loan)
Weaver
Casalinuovo
Fotheringham
Pernis

Brilliant, cheers Daly9.

Daly9
29-08-2017, 01:18 PM
Brilliant, cheers Daly9.
Missed out Caddis (loan). There may be others too.

DerryJungle
29-08-2017, 05:21 PM
He had a pretty high success rate when you look at that list. Gomis, Daly, Swanson, Dods, Dixon, Buaben to name but a few, were studs. Even guys like Sandaza and Casalinuovo contributed a fair bit to our success in that period.

Mind when McNamara was sacked, one of these lists was released and holy phuck, about 50 players on it, and only Robertson, Ciftci and arguably Fojut, were any use. How the phuck did that man manage to wrangle a million quid out the club.

Edit: I suppose you could make a case for Durnan being a successful signing too. :?

darrenshedtastic
29-08-2017, 05:55 PM
some of guys jackie signed could make any united fans eyes sore with pain.

he had alot of dud signings. ciftci and robertson were the only two major successes. guys like fojut, paton, morris (when he was fit) erskine (2nd season) could argue done decent for us but the list of guys who were rubbish for us snejder, bodul, bilate, zwick, sznormik, donaldson, taggart, kuhl the list is endless.

unbelievable

stokearab
29-08-2017, 06:44 PM
It's surprising how many duds are on Leveins list for us as well, but I suppose the mark of a good manager is more good signings than duds and what you do with the good signings you made, plus how quickly you can move the duds on.

Craig made a big gamble with Cathro and failed bigtime, now Budge has said over you to you pal, will be interesting to see how he does. At least the players he's inheriting are his signings ;D

stokearab
29-08-2017, 06:49 PM
some of guys jackie signed could make any united fans eyes sore with pain.

he had alot of dud signings. ciftci and robertson were the only two major successes. guys like fojut, paton, morris (when he was fit) erskine (2nd season) could argue done decent for us but the list of guys who were rubbish for us snejder, bodul, bilate, zwick, sznormik, donaldson, taggart, kuhl the list is endless.

unbelievable

I think the United Mad board should prevent any reference to Jackie. It's like a nightmare you think maybe never happened but it did.
See that final at Parkhead, first time I've been livid after a match. Been sad, gutted etc, but never as angry as I was at 5pm that day.
A chairman who knew anything about football would have sorted a P45 and a leaving party on the Sunday but as we all know our chairman knows nothing about football.

DerryJungle
29-08-2017, 09:21 PM
It's surprising how many duds are on Leveins list for us as well, but I suppose the mark of a good manager is more good signings than duds and what you do with the good signings you made, plus how quickly you can move the duds on.

I wouldn't say there are too many duds on that list of Leveins signings. Jordan Robertson, Odhiambo, Camara (Did we ever actually sign him?) and O'Donovan are the only ones I'd say were proper rank. McGovern, O'Brien and Fotheringham all went on to have decent careers elsewhere, so you could say Levein was right to see something in them. Kevin Smith I think was phucked with injuries but even he was very prolific at lower league level.

Feeney despite being a diehard hun, still scored a reasonable number of goals for us, and Myrie-Williams was lightning quick and very exciting to watch, if he had any sort of end product, he'd have played at a much higher level than United.

Even Shala, as poor as he was, still scored that goal at Ibrox in the quarter finals, for that alone, I'll put him down as a useful signing. The fight we showed over those two legs was incredible, probably two of my favourite ever games watching United, The Duck's goal's maybe my favourite ever moment at Tannadice. What a phucking time that was.

offshore_arab83
29-08-2017, 09:57 PM
Even Shala, as poor as he was, still scored that goal at Ibrox in the quarter finals, for that alone, I'll put him down as a useful signing.

Eh :?

stokearab
29-08-2017, 10:02 PM
I love this. Craig on McCurry. If more people were as honest Scottish football might change

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rlFpHriMd8A