PDA

View Full Version : Slick Vic

jimmybn
29-08-2017, 01:55 PM
If the guy was responsible mainly for all our incomings this season then hats off the guy - has hardly put a foot wrong in my opinion and found some real gems. Not the "foreign nonentities" many on here feared...

A few facts about the man with an eye for talent:

As a child he first created a mental database of players as his elder brother quizzed him on World Cup stars from Panini books and after that he never stopped learning, absorbing and trying to impart information.

He is a qualified coach. He taught himself Italian so he could follow Serie A. He is a former journalist who worked for Marca and Sky Espana. He has worked as a football agent and was on the admin staff at Valladolid before being taken on as part of the technical and recruitment staff at Sevilla.

Orta was soon promoted to “technical director” and excelled in spotting young players from smaller clubs and from abroad and helped bring in Bryan Rabello, Didier Zokora, Sébastien Squillaci among a host of the stars who cemented Sevilla as a Spanish and Euro power.

He then went to Russia and Zenit St Petersburg where he helped bring in a swath of top names, including Brazilian World Cup star Hulk.

Rev72
29-08-2017, 02:09 PM
Bet yer at least 1 poster will disagree with you jimmy :D

But yeah..hats off indeed B)

Its all good :)

CLIVETHELEEDSFAN
29-08-2017, 04:20 PM
I was very interested to see how alioski would do but had my doubts about saiz, however both look fantastic with the ball at their feet those 2 stand out for me, also Thomas Christiansen, people forget he was trained at La masia, a certain fella called Lionel messi also learned his trade there, so he knows what type of football looks good and works, plus his track record in management is good too, I dontgive a crap what league it was, fact is, he turned lanarca into the leagues second best team and then continued apoels dominance after, now he's made an unbeaten start at Leeds, fair play!

Silentman
29-08-2017, 06:57 PM
Much better start than I'd feared on all fronts really, manager and signings, let's hope it lasts.

Billyni
29-08-2017, 08:42 PM
I wonder will there be any mention to it on here if, god forbid, that we happen to lose a game or two.O:)

BelfastAndy
29-08-2017, 09:11 PM
I wonder will there be any mention to it on here if, god forbid, that we happen to lose a game or two.O:)

Oul negative Nancy

CLIVETHELEEDSFAN
29-08-2017, 11:34 PM
Who's to say we will lose a game though, why not play 46 games only winning and drawing? Team looks good enough!

CLIVETHELEEDSFAN
29-08-2017, 11:36 PM
BTW 23 wins and 23 draws I think gives us 92 points, top two for sure that isn't it?

Billyni
30-08-2017, 08:18 AM
Love u clive

Ozwhites
30-08-2017, 10:25 AM
Who's to say we will lose a game though, why not play 46 games only winning and drawing? Team looks good enough!

Get your hand off it Clive! 😁

Rev72
30-08-2017, 11:13 AM
BTW 23 wins and 23 draws I think gives us 92 points, top two for sure that isn't it?

Would prefer 25 wins and 21 draws..just to make sure ;D

jimmybn
11-09-2017, 07:50 PM
Seems slick Vic picked another good one at the weekend.

Thought id share the link for his QandA last week in case anyone missed it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZGea8FZHZBM