PDA

View Full Version : Transfer deadline day

LaughingMagpie
30-08-2017, 10:47 AM
It is almost upon us and the Nottingham Post's dogged Notts County correspondent 'Scoop' Curtis still doesn't have a clue what's happening.

When asked in his Web chat his reply was basically that he thinks Nolan might be looking to sign someone. When asked if he had heard any names he says we were interested in Tyler Walker a couple of weeks ago. In the meantime the Post continually names players that Forest are interested in.

Another example of poor treatment of Notts by the Nottingham Post!

sidders
30-08-2017, 10:50 AM
It is almost upon us and the Nottingham Post's dogged Notts County correspondent 'Scoop' Curtis still doesn't have a clue what's happening.

When asked in his Web chat his reply was basically that he thinks Nolan might be looking to sign someone. When asked if he had heard any names he says we were interested in Tyler Walker a couple of weeks ago. In the meantime the Post continually names players that Forest are interested in.

Another example of poor treatment of Notts by the Nottingham Post!

Or poor communication by Notts ...

DomdomPie
30-08-2017, 11:10 AM

Hopefully they've learned to keep quiet after the whole Noble episode.

deadyoyomagpie
30-08-2017, 11:11 AM

Or Notts keeping their cards close to their chest ... which is what they should be doing.

snipe_pie
30-08-2017, 11:21 AM
Or Notts keeping their cards close to their chest ... which is what they should be doing.

.................Or aren't signing anyone.

SwalePie
30-08-2017, 11:22 AM

Agreed.

irishpete
30-08-2017, 11:42 AM
Did WOW sign yet ? :D:D

LaxtonLad
30-08-2017, 11:50 AM

"...continually naming players that Forest are interested in." Is that really what you want to hear the Post say about Notts? If the Forest Mad forum had more than half a dozen posters and they weren't swallowing all the transfer talk as if to say it means it will happen, they would be just as vocal as NottsMad posters would be and have been, when we read of yet another "name" conjured up by Leigh Curtis that we might be signing, only for said player and his club to deny any approach from Notts.

The reporters on the Nottingham Post are not interested whether their articles have any substance, just so long as they sell newspapers.

GranthamPie
30-08-2017, 11:57 AM
Notts are reported to be interested in a loan deal for George Hirst again... although his wages are a stumbling block.

Wednesday have rejected Leicesters second bid of £2M and the player is looking for a season long loan deal.

LaughingMagpie
30-08-2017, 12:11 PM
"
The reporters on the Nottingham Post are not interested whether their articles have any substance, just so long as they sell newspapers.Totally agree mate

I don't want the usual rubbish they dish out. Just a reporter that does a bit of digging and asks a few questions.

frenchmagpie
30-08-2017, 12:16 PM
AH made a twitter comment the other day that virtually poo-pooed the idea of us acquiring new players as the current squad are good enough. It read to me as if he wasn't even considering any more deals.

LaughingMagpie
30-08-2017, 12:28 PM
AH made a twitter comment the other day that virtually poo-pooed the idea of us acquiring new players as the current squad are good enough. It read to me as if he wasn't even considering any more deals.

Oh dear

sidders
30-08-2017, 12:29 PM

But what are they good enough for?

LaughingMagpie
30-08-2017, 12:29 PM
Paul Hayes has left Wycombe.

At 33 he must be coming to Notts as the younger striker we need 😂

uysapie
30-08-2017, 02:41 PM
Oh dear

Hope that's not true.

Proudpie
30-08-2017, 03:03 PM
We all know it's not strong enough over a long gruelling season
Saunders Hodge Walker aren't good enough for a top 7 team so baffled by their signings
The quality teams will soon rise to the top with a couple of dark horses.
Our leaky defence and misfiring attack needs improving.

snipe_pie
30-08-2017, 03:21 PM
Maybe the bit of a budget we had left has been pumped into Ilson ?

magicianpie
30-08-2017, 03:46 PM
Maybe we are only going to splash the cash if we can get the right person for the right price and not panic buy!

Notts78
30-08-2017, 04:41 PM
Here is a thought... if Nolan is happy with his squad, why would he want anyone else?
It is his job and he will sink or swim. There is no point Nolan signing someone because Durhampie, Sidders, Proudpie (i name you 3 for no reason what so ever, just remembered you) or anyone else who thinks this player or that player is **** on some website or other social network site.
Although I agree that we could improve the side, Nolan seems content with players he has, and that chaps is all that matters.

Proudpie
30-08-2017, 04:54 PM
Totally KNs decision
Like every manager he has to account for the teams' success or otherwise
I just think we look poor in certain areas.

LaughingMagpie
30-08-2017, 05:08 PM
Here is a thought... if Nolan is happy with his squad, why would he want anyone else?
It is his job and he will sink or swim. There is no point Nolan signing someone because Durhampie, Sidders, Proudpie (i name you 3 for no reason what so ever, just remembered you) or anyone else who thinks this player or that player is **** on some website or other social network site.
Although I agree that we could improve the side, Nolan seems content with players he has, and that chaps is all that matters.
Nolan may say he is happy with his squad in public as he doesn't want to cause unrest with those players. I can't believe he isn't looking to strengthen upfront though.

CmonUSexyStylishPies
30-08-2017, 05:08 PM
I very much doubt that Nolan is 'happy' with the team.

Notts78
30-08-2017, 05:12 PM
I very much doubt that Nolan is 'happy' with the team.

Your statement is based on what?

SolSigns
30-08-2017, 05:22 PM
At our level it's always a compromise between who you want, what you can afford, and what you reckon you can make of the incumbent sow's ears.

Right now I'm happy to see management going the develop what we've got route, there's been far too many fly-by-night wasters coming and failing over the Trew era. I think that's a cr@p way to run things. The team might not be shoe-in promotion quality, but if we can get up a head of steam and get the players playing for each other and Nozza, then we'll be 'right.

I reserve the right to change my mind if we're in the relegation zone by xmas.

CmonUSexyStylishPies
30-08-2017, 05:57 PM

It's not a statement, it's an opinion.

Sometimes they are even allowed on here, but only sometimes...

DaveSmithRules
30-08-2017, 09:51 PM
It's got to be said that George Hirst would be a really exciting signing. His record for England U17-U20 teams is better than 1 in 2. I'd back him to get 20 goals for us this season.

At the same time I can also understand our reservation at making him our best-paid signing, especially if it would put the noses if our senior pros out of joint.

http://www.nottinghampost.com/sport/...effield-398581

DaveSmithRules
30-08-2017, 09:52 PM
That link again...
https://www.google.co.uk/amp/www.nottinghampost.com/sport/football/notts-county-reluctant-make-sheffield-398581.amp

i961pie
31-08-2017, 04:55 AM

Probably based on that virtually every supporter knows we need some pace up front and we have needed a decent central defender for years, if he is happy then it is going to be another frustrating season-imo.

slack_pie
31-08-2017, 06:35 AM
It's got to be said that George Hirst would be a really exciting signing. His record for England U17-U20 teams is better than 1 in 2. I'd back him to get 20 goals for us this season.

At the same time I can also understand our reservation at making him our best-paid signing, especially if it would put the noses if our senior pros out of joint.

I honestly don't care what the senior pros think about a young kid earning more than them. How many of our senior pros have his record at England U21 level? If he comes and scores 15+ goals, he'll be worth it. Decent strikers are the difference between promotion and mid-table. And if the pros get upset and it affects their performance, they can't really call themselves pros.

Iwantmypieback
31-08-2017, 06:36 AM
Injuries to Grant and Brisley could very much spell disaster for us. We need more quality in attack and defence. Especially as I truly believe it's a season too far for Stead

CmonUSexyStylishPies
31-08-2017, 06:54 AM
Probably based on that virtually every supporter knows we need some pace up front and we have needed a decent central defender for years, if he is happy then it is going to be another frustrating season-imo.

Yep, 11 goals conceded in 7 games, if people think Nolan is happy then they're deluded.

Also Stead has something like a 1 goal in every 6 ratio over the last 6 months which is poor as our main striker.

We look improved but still not play off material IMO.

Proudpie
31-08-2017, 06:58 AM
Yep, 11 goals conceded in 7 games, if people think Nolan is happy then they're deluded.

Also Stead has something like a 1 goal in every 6 ratio over the last 6 months which is poor as our main striker.

According to Radio Forest this morning Notts are the least likely of the 3 local clubs to do any business.

Is that lack of ambition or lack of funds or neither ?

queenslandpie
31-08-2017, 07:21 AM

You of all people should know that journalists have to work for their scoops. Or are you bitter because you never managed any Sid?!

Wedgie_pie
31-08-2017, 08:04 AM

This ^^^^^ to be honest I don't know what the hell is going on, many on here can see where the problems are in the team/squad of players we have, not good enough in defence, lightweight in midfield and up front.....

LaxtonLad
31-08-2017, 08:10 AM

He USED to be a great player - a hat-trick in a World Cup final and a Knighthood says it all, but that was over fifty years ago, I would have though he would be a bit past it now.

sidders
31-08-2017, 09:14 AM
The reaction of the media to 'Transfer deadline day' is nothing short of hysterical and totally misplaced. As for the BBC running a 24 hour update on it, I'm baffled.
Would we be even this concerned if the USA and North Korea were about to go to war?
Today's news values have me at a loss for words.
As for Notts: at least it's not about ridiculously inflated sums of money, but they certainly need a couple more players, one at the front and one at the back.

JoePass
31-08-2017, 09:15 AM
Maybe the bit of a budget we had left has been pumped into Ilson ?

How many times does Alan Hardy have to deny this ?

sidders
31-08-2017, 09:18 AM
You of all people should know that journalists have to work for their scoops. Or are you bitter because you never managed any Sid?!

Actually, Queenie, I had two big scoops - one of them a murder story, but your concept of 'working for a scoop' seems to equate with manufacturing a story - done by the Blackmail and the Scum but never by Guardian writers.

Oldstripy
31-08-2017, 11:15 AM
Leigh Curtis‏Verified account @LeighCurtis_NP 3h3 hours ago

Expecting quiet deadline day at Notts. Striker is a possibility. Looking at one from Championship. Not Walker or Hirst.

Old_pie
31-08-2017, 11:25 AM
How many times does Alan Hardy have to deny this ?

Many people have denied many things in the past but there is only one way for him to disprove it.

i961pie
31-08-2017, 03:21 PM
Actually, Queenie, I had two big scoops - one of them a murder story, but your concept of 'working for a scoop' seems to equate with manufacturing a story - done by the Blackmail and the Scum but never by Guardian writers.

Won't be many Guardian writers left soon, they have the begging bowls out in the States:p

countygump
31-08-2017, 04:17 PM
Did WOW sign yet ? :D:D

No but, Who is on 1st base.

SwalePie
31-08-2017, 05:19 PM

What's on second base.

Wedgie_pie
31-08-2017, 05:29 PM

John Entwistle :?